Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiffany Sessions -- Missing 2/9/89

5 posters

Go down

Tiffany Sessions -- Missing 2/9/89 Empty Tiffany Sessions -- Missing 2/9/89

Post by Snaz Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 pm

This is an old article, but after nearly 21 years, Tiffany remains missing, and is worthy of posting:

20 Years Later: The Search For Tiffany Sessions
Tiffany Sessions Disappeared Feb. 9, 1989
Cold Case Investigators Continue To Work The Case

Reporting: Peter D'Oench
Feb 9, 2009 7:17 pm US/Eastern

Tiffany Sessions -- Missing 2/9/89 2vbr6v5
Tiffany's photo is shown age progressed to 39 years. She was last seen jogging on February 9, 1989 in Gainesville, Florida.
National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

COCONUT GROVE (CBS4) ― Patrick Sessions says he'll never give up hope in his search for his only daughter, Tiffany. The 20-year-old junior at the University of Florida was last seen around 6 p.m. on February 9th, 1989, when she told her roommate in Gainesville she was going for a walk.

She left the Casablanca East Condominiums wearing a jersey that said "Aspen" and carrying her black Sony walkman. She has not been seen since.

Patrick continues to appeal for the public's help in resolving the case. "How can any father stop looking for their daughter," he said from his home here in Coconut Grove. I am going to die before I stop looking."

In Gainesville, the Alachua County Sheriff and Tiffany's step-brother Jason and mother Hillary also appealed for help. "Tiffany lived with me for 20 years until she disappeared," said Hillary. "Today marks the same amount of time that she's been missing that she had been living with me. I want everyone to know she is a lving breathing person."

Patrick Sessions has just launched a new, official, website blog. http://tiffanysessions.com/

Information on it includes 20 years worth of news releases, a photo enhancement showing what Tiffany would look like today at the age of 40 and an on-camera appeal from Sessions.

Sessions said, "Now millions of people can find out Tiffany through the website. We're already on Face Book and YouTube."

He also said Tiffany's photo is on decks of cards being circulated at several Florida prisons. "Who else is going to be around the kind of people that took Tiffany. They don't hang out with you and I. They hang out with each other."

CBS4 reported in 2002 how one tip from a prison informant mentioned that inmate Michael Knickerbocker, who was serving a life term for offenses including rape, had boasted he had killed Tiffany after she was chained to a tree. "He's been a potential suspect," said Sessions. "Of course he has denied he had any involvement."

There have been thousands of tips since Tiffany disappeared. Sessions says he's cautiously optimistic about a new development in an old tip from a caller about a "suspicious person." He said he was not sure what would develop, but he said this new information had "some credibility."

There's a $25,000 reward in this case. When she was last seen, Tiffany had blonde hair, was 5'3" tall and weighed about 125 pounds.

Sessions said "I'm not stopping. I would like to see some closure for our family. And I would like to prevent this from happening to your daughter."

He said, "We don't have anything that says the guy who did this is dead or in jail. In fact the people we're talking about now as suspects are still alive. I wouldn't wish this on anybody."

http://cbs4.com/local/Tiffany.Sessions.Missing.2.930450.html