Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07

+6
Justice4all
Snaz
Piper
FystyAngel
khintx
Julie
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 Empty Stacy Peterson plaque stolen from outside aquatic center

Post by Julie Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 pm

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/10/stacy-peterson-plaque-stolen-from-outside-aquatic-center.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 Empty Re: Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07

Post by khintx Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:23 pm

That's just terrible!!!!!! kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Good grief! What kind of sicko would do such a thing? My first guess would be the sick bastard BUT he's behind bars. When I hear about stuff like this, it just makes me sick.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Some people are just idiots.... hopefully it was just a stupid prank of ignorant juveniles that don't read the news. I would hate to think this was done on purpose.
The article said "Rompa said no one was in custody this morning in connection with the thefts"...I wonder if there were other items stolen as well, a senseless and cruel act of vandalism.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 Empty Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07

Post by Snaz Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Stacy Peterson's brother agonizes through hearing
Yelton Cales angered by defense attorneys' descriptions of Stacy Peterson

January 30, 2010

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 51928183

It wasn’t easy for Yelton Cales to listen to testimony last week suggesting Drew Peterson may have killed his younger sister. It’s been hard to sit still as Peterson’s attorneys disparage her as an attention-seeking flirt, someone who would leave her two young children and run off with another man.

But what really hurts, said Cales in his first interview since Stacy Peterson vanished Oct. 28, 2007, is testimony that will suddenly stir up good memories of his sister. Like the time she painted and decorated his room, leaving stacks of Diet Pepsi — his favorite drink — in the closet as a surprise gift. Or the descriptions of his sister by witnesses as friendly, outgoing — or “bouncy,” as Cales put it.

“It hurts,” said Cales, 30, describing the pain as a punch in the gut. “There’s no closure.”

As the second week ended in the pretrial hearing of whether hearsay statements will be allowed at the trial of Peterson, who is charged with the 2004 drowning of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, much of the testimony has centered on Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, and her alleged fear of Drew Peterson and desire to divorce him. Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, remains a suspect in her disappearance but has not been charged.

With nearly 60 people on the prosecution’s witness list, including Stacy Peterson’s younger sister, an aunt and an uncle, Cales is one of the few family members allowed to sit in court and watch the case unfold. The privilege is not without cost for Cales, whose sex-offense history has been invoked repeatedly by Drew Peterson’s attorneys in an attempt to undermine the state’s witnesses.

Peterson’s attorneys have suggested that Cales molested Stacy Peterson, who is four years younger than him. “They’re trying to irritate me,” said Cales, who was freed from prison in June after serving nearly three years for aggravated criminal sexual assault but vehemently denies being inappropriate with his sister. “Drew won’t even look at me.”

Cales is a registered sex-offender for crimes against a 16-year-old girl in 2005. Other prison stints were for domestic battery and possession of a motor vehicle. Cales said he does not care what others think of him; it’s the thought of Peterson’s attorneys trashing his sister’s reputation that puts him on edge. “Ninety percent of what Drew is saying is lies,” he said.

He and his sister became close growing up in a volatile home. There was a lot of drinking. Their parents fought often, eventually obtaining restraining orders against each other, and divorcing. Their father moved the kids to Florida and Louisiana, before they came back to the Chicago suburbs and became wards of the state.

There was also much tragedy in the family. In 1983, their sister Jessica died at age 2 in a house fire. In 1987, their sister Lacy died as an infant, and her death was attributed to sudden infant death syndrome. In 1998, their mother, Christie Cales, vanished at the age of 40. She was last seen with a Bible, on her way to church. It’s that tragedy that Drew Peterson and his attorneys have been inclined to bring up when talking about Stacy Peterson’s disappearance. “My mom went out of her way to give us the best life she could,” Cales said. And Stacy Peterson, he said, would never leave her children.

Cales learned of his sister’s disappearance while he was in prison. The guards took him to an isolation cell, and he immediately started asking, “Is something wrong with my family?” He met with a counselor, who before saying a word flipped open a manila folder with Stacy Peterson’s picture in it. “I said, ‘He killed her,’ “Cales recalled. “[The counselor] said that she was missing, so I repeated: ‘He killed her.’ “

Cales said he and Drew Peterson never got along. “I met him before they started dating,” Cales said. “Stacy worked at Springhill Suites in Bolingbrook, and she was always talking about him. I’d go visit her almost every night. I walked in one night, and he was sitting there. He gave her a sense of security.”

But Drew Peterson’s possessiveness of Stacy Peterson scared and angered Cales. During one July 2007 incident, Peterson showed how he could track his wife by GPS on her cell phone. “He said it smug, with his little chuckle,” Cales said. “I was like, ‘Are you serious?’ Drew said, ‘Yeah.’ “

Stacy Peterson’s absence has deepened the huge hole in the family, which includes younger sister Cassandra and their father, Anthony. Their oldest sister, Tina, died of cancer in 2006.

Cales vividly remembers a conversation with his sister shortly before she vanished. He told her that if he had to choose one person in the world to be a mother to him, other than their mother, it would be she. “She was the greatest person in my life,” he said. “She started crying. She was the best mom.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-peterson-brother-20100129,0,3598883.story

Last edited by Snaz on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 am; edited 4 times in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 am

Thank you for posting this Snaz. I didn't realize that I didn't have her listed in the Missing section. I guess we have discussed the POS hubby in the Daily News section and I just never got her listed here. It's so sad that she's never been found. Her family must be beside themselves. Sad
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 am

I've never heard anything about Stacy's childhood. They certainly had tragedy in their lives. I'm sure Stacy felt she met the perfect father figure when she met Drew, and that he would take care of her. Apparently Drew and his attorneys are really playing the fact that Stacy's own mother vanished in 1998, at the age of 40. I had no idea. I don't believe for a second that Stacy just walked away from her children.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Divers search Bolingbrook pond for Stacy Peterson

April 21, 2010
Sun-Times Media

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 El01_a10

A band of volunteers searched a pond for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson on Wednesday.

Bolingbrook police Lt. Michael Rompa said the search was strictly a civilian effort with no presence from his department or the state police. The state police have been the lead agency investigating the Peterson’s October 2007 disappearance. They consider her to be the victim of a potential homicide and named her husband, former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson, the sole suspect in their case.

Drew Peterson was arrested in May and charged with murdering the woman he was married to before Stacy Peterson – third wife Kathleen Savio. His murder trial is set to start June 14.

The search of a pond near the intersection of Boughton and Weber roads was led by Stacy Peterson’s sister, Cassandra Cales, Rompa said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/news/2184704,bolingbrook-pond-search-stacy-peterson_SCN042110.article
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 am

It seems Stacy has been forgotten, but certainly not by her family. I'm glad to see them making search efforts. Too bad the one responsible won't reveal where Stacy is.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

This has been an intriguing case to say the least...I rank it up there with the Spector and Durst cases...I can't include OJ in there as that was just pure RAGE...however both Kathleen's death and Stacy's disappearance/death were money related...Spector was just stupid...opps...and Durst demented...Scott P. was selfish just like KC and God only knows the motive of little Haleigh's disappearance/death...None the less I am rivited to this case and want justice for Kathleen...I don't think LE will ever find Stacy or Haleigh...
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Attorneys join Peterson defense

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7403450

April 23, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Drew Peterson has added two high- profile attorneys to his defense team.

Steven Greenberg and Ralph Meczyk are known for their aggressive courtroom styles.

Peterson is accused in the drowning death of his third wife Kathleen Savio in 2004. Jury selection is scheduled to begin June 14th- but pre-trial arguments may delay that.

Peterson was arrested almost a year ago and continues to be held in the Will County Jail on $20 million bond.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 Empty STACY PETERSON FOUND?

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:16 am

Stacy Peterson case update: Police to dig for body of Drew Peterson’s third wife

http://health-beauty-2468.blogspot.com/2010/06/stacy-peterson-case-update-police-to.html

Saturday, June 5, 2010

There’s breaking news in the case of missing woman Stacy Peterson. Reports state that police will dig for the body of Stacy Peterson tomorrow. Stacy Peterson was Drew Peterson’s fourth wife. She suddenly disappeared on October 28, 2007. Drew Peterson was a police officer at the time of her disappearance and said that she ran off with a man, leaving her children behind. Many suspect foul play; Drew Peterson is currently incarcerated after being indicted for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

According to a report by TMZ, Drew Peterson disposed of his wife’s body with the help of an accomplice. Now, the accomplice is speaking and told authorities where Stacy’s remains are located. The report says that the accomplice told authorities where they can find her body and that Stacy Peterson was buried in a metal drum. A search is scheduled for tomorrow and the area has been roped off.

Will Stacy Peterson’s body be found tomorrow?
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:24 am

Hopefully this report is true and Stacy will be found. The TMZ article was posted last night, so I think today is when they are supposed to be digging. The article said Peterson told an inmate how he killed Stacy and had an accomplice help him dispose of the body. According to TMZ, the inmate told authorities about the discussion when led them to the accomplice.

Here is the article: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/04/drew-peterson-murder-wife-body-crime-scene-police-officer-illinois-dig/

Cops May Have Found Body of Drew Peterson's Wife

Originally posted Jun 4th 2010 9:52 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

There may be a huge break in the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife. TMZ has learned authorities believe they may know exactly where the body is buried, and then plan to dig for it tomorrow.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Peterson, an ex-cop who is currently behind bars awaiting trial for the murder of his third wife, told an inmate yesterday how he killed Stacy Peterson, wife number 4. Stacy's body has never been recovered.

Our sources say Peterson told the inmate he had an accomplice help him dispose of the body. The inmate then told authorities about his discussion with Peterson, which led them to the alleged accomplice. We're told the accomplice informed Will County Sheriff's officials and prosecutors that the body was buried just outside Peoria, Illinois.

Will County Sheriff's deputies and prosecutors took the alleged accomplice to Peoria Friday, and the accomplice led them to private hunting grounds. The owner allowed authorities to enter his property and the accomplice then led them to the site where Stacy's body was allegedly buried. The accomplice told authorities the body was stuffed in a metal drum that had been buried underground.

On Friday afternoon, authorities brought police dogs onto the property and we're told the dogs immediately took them to the place where the witness said the body was buried. Authorities then put prongs in the soil and hit a mass below ground that could be the drum in question.

We're told State Police are now guarding the property and authorities will begin digging Saturday morning.

UPDATE 6/5 10:00 AM PT -- State Police confirm the search is underway.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:27 am

I sure hope they find her. It's been a long time coming. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 am

Stacy Peterson's body buried in private hunting grounds?

June 5, 2010 7:46 AM

Former Bolingbrook, Illinois police Sgt. Drew Peterson pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Jury selection for Peterson's trial on the murder of Kathleen Savio is expect to begin July 8. Friday, TMZ reported that law enforcement authorities may have a break in solving the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in 2007.

The celebrity website cites law enforcement sources who said that Peterson told a fellow inmate that an accomplice helped him dispose of his fourth wife's body. The alleged accomplice reportedly led the police to a private hunting ground near Peoria, Ilinois, where police are to investigate the site.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006890-504083.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 am

I hope they find her today. I wonder what made him speak up and tell this. Cruel, heartless murdering monster. Poor Stacy Sad and her motherless children.......
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 am

I hope so too. The only part that sounds wrong, is that he would tell a fellow inmate anything.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 am

I agree Julie. Especially when he's this close to his trial for murdering Kathleen.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:34 am

Right J4A, he seems so arrogant, he would never say anything, like Casey.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:46 am

Body of Stacey Peterson Possibly Found in Peoria

Will County Authorities are outside of Peoria this morning acting on a tip of the whereabouts of the body of Stacey Peterson. TMZ is reporting is reporting Drew Peterson told a fellow inmate how he killed Stacey and that he had an accomplice help him dispose of the body The inmate told authorites about his discussion with Peterson which led them to the alleged accomplice. WJOL has learned dogs hit on a spot in a field just west of Peoria yesterday and returned this morning to begin the dig.

http://www.wjol.com/Body-of-Stacey-Peterson-Possibly-Found-in-Peoria/7398818

The TMZ article mentioned the dogs hitting on the spot that the alleged accomplice showed them. I wonder if WJOL has confirmed this independently of the TMZ article.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:49 am

Police to dig for Stacy Peterson's body near Peoria: source

June 5, 2010
BY JOE HOSEY Herald News

Working with new information in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, authorities are set to dig in search of her body Saturday in an area east of Peoria, sources said.

Illinois State Police confirmed Saturday that they are currently following a lead in rural central Illinois regarding Peterson’s disappearance and have set up a media staging at a location near Peoria, according to an ISP release.

The ISP Investigation team that has been investigating the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson is aware of the situation and at the scene, the release said.

The State Police and Will County state's attorney's office are expected to have investigators on the scene Saturday, in hopes the missing fourth wife of ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson will finally be found.

Sources would not reveal what the new information was, or where it came from. Although they did dispute a TMZ.com report that the latest tip came from inmate who had spoken with Drew Peterson as late as Thursday. TMZ.com, citing sources, said the inmate passed along the tip to law enforcement.

Sources do confirm that law enforcement, using dogs, searched a hunting area east of Peoria Friday. They are set to return Saturday to dig in an specific area.

Stacy Peterson has been missing since Oct. 26, 2007. Peterson is considered a suspect in her disappearance.

He is about to stand trial, as soon as next month, in the 2004 drowning death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Her death was initially ruled an accident, but authorities reopened the case after Stacy Peterson disappeared. A new autopsy ruled it was a homicide, and Peterson was arrested and charged with murder.

He has denied any involvement in Savio's death or Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

http://www.suntimes.com/2358222,drew-peterson-stacy-body-dig-peoria-060510.article
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 am

I don't know what to believe now. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Cops Deny Lead on Stacy Peterson's Body

Report claims Drew Peterson confessed to fellow inmate

By MARCUS RILEY
Updated 9:30 AM CDT, Sat, Jun 5, 2010

Police and Drew Peterson's lawyer are denying reports that there's a lead in the search for Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy.

TMZ is reporting that authorities had planned to dig in an area outside of Peoria Saturday where Stacy's body was believed to have been buried.

According to the report, Peterson, who is currently behind bars charged in the murder of his third wife Kathleen Savio, told a fellow inmate how he killed Stacy, stuffed her body in a metal drum, and buried it on private hunting grounds with help of an accomplice.

Peterson's lawyer, Joel Brodsky told NBC 5 that the story is not true because his client is so isolated that he can't talk to other inmates.

Pat Barry with Will Co. Sheriff's Department said he first heard of the story at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, and that authorities were not planning to go down to Peoria.

The TMZ report claims that police dogs led officer to a spot on the hunting grounds Friday, and prongs placed in the ground hit a mass believed to be the metal drum containing Stacy's body.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Cops-Deny-Lead-on-Stacy-Petersons-Body-tmz-95683979.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:41 am

I pray the original report is true, and that they have found remains that turn out to be Stacy's. It is beyond time for this young mother to be found and laid to rest.

Also, if her remains are found, that will shut Drew Peterson up about how she ran off with another man and left him and her children......

I hate Drew Peterson.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:54 am

Great link from local newz channel for updates:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/authorities-pursue-a-lead-downstate-regarding-stacy-peterson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChicagoBreakingNews+%28Chicago+Breaking+News%29

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Police investigate lead on Peterson's 4th wife

Updated: 6/5/2010 11:50 AM

Illinois state police are following a lead near Peoria into the disappearance and possible homicide of Drew Peterson's fourth wife.

Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, faces trial next month in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. His fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared in 2007 and her body has never been found. Peterson has been named a suspect but isn't charged in her disappearance.

State police Sgt. Tom Burek said authorities are investigating a possible lead near Peoria, but could not provide further details.

A spokesman for Stacy Peterson's family told WBBM 780 radio that state police have told them they are "following a very good lead."

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said the state police are expected to conduct an excavation search for "human remains" today, weather permitting. It is currently raining heavily in the area, she said.

Ingersoll said that on Friday, she was told by state police that authorities did a search without digging and that "excavation is expected today" if the weather allows.

"If remains are found, I will be involved" in the subsequent investigation, she said.

Ingersoll declined to give any more information about the case.

Peterson has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder in Savio's death. Jury selection is scheduled to begin July 8.

Celebrity gossip website TMZ reported Friday that state police were digging in Peoria following a tip supplied by an inmate held at Will County Jail in Joliet. The report added Stacy Peterson's body was stuffed in a metal drum buried on private hunting grounds.

Chuck Pelkie, spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office, declined to comment, referring all inquiries to state police.

An attorney for Peterson, however, debunked the TMZ report, saying that his client remained jailed in isolation, having no access to other inmates. He said the TMZ story was "suspicious at best."

"Ever since Stacy disappeared, there's been continuous rumors about finding her body and about Drew an all of them have proven to be false," attorney Steve Greenberg said. "There's never been factual evidence to back them up, nothing that's ever shown that Drew has been guilty of doing anything wrong... I suspect the same here."

Daily Herald staff writer Ginny Lee and wire services contributed to this report.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=385952
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Herald-News reporter Joe Hosey is tweeting about the search.

Here is his latest tweet:

Rainy day in Peoria. Master Sgt. Burek said the weather is making the operation difficult.
You can follow Hosey's tweets at http://twitter.com/joehosey
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Authorities pursue lead downstate in search for Stacy Peterson

June 5, 2010 12:19 PM

Stacy Peterson -- Missing 10/28/07 Stacypetersondrewpeterson

The Illinois State Police are digging in an area in rural central Illinois following up on a lead regarding the 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of former Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

Police did not provide any more specifics on where they were working, though a release from the police said that a media staging area is being set up near Peoria. There were no additional details available on the nature of the lead they were working on.

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said that a search, which began Friday, will continue today for "human remains," and that digging will occur in Peoria County.

She would not say whether the search was specifically for Stacy Peterson's remains, or where in the county the search was taking place.

Ingersoll said about 12:05 p.m. that she has not been notified that any human remains have been found.

State police Master Sgt. Tom Burek says several law enforcement agencies, including some from the Chicago area, are searching rural land "thick with timber" near Peoria on foot.

Burek says rains have reduced the land to a "muddy mess," and vehicles haven't been able to get to the entire search area.

He wouldn't say when the search began or how large the search area is. He also wouldn't confirm where the lead came from or how credible police thought it might be.

"We follow up on every lead," he said.

On Friday night, TMZ.com reported that officials believe they know where a body believed to be that of Stacy Peterson is buried and that they will be digging in that area today. The article said that the area being searched is just outside Peoria. It also said that the lead came from an inmate who spoke to Drew Peterson in jail.

Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy Peterson's family, said Illinois State Police told the family that they considered the developments near Peoria to be a "good lead."

Bosco said police did not tell the family how the lead originated although they got the sense that some of the details in the TMZ report are "probably not true."

"We're hopeful that it is Stacy. It sounds like a good lead," Bosco said. "But we don't want to get our hopes up too high because we've been down this path before."

Drew Peterson is in isolation in the Will County Jail and, according to Steve Greenberg, an attorney on Peterson's defense team, "He doesn't talk to anyone."

Peoria is about 2½ hours and about 140 miles southwest of Bolingbrook.

Drew Peterson is currently awaiting trial in the Will County Jail on first-degree murder charges in connection with the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

She was found drowned in an empty bathtub in her Bolingbrook home. Her death was ruled accidental, but prosecutors reopened the case following Stacy Peterson's disappearance. Savio's death was then ruled a homicide.

Drew Peterson has denied any involvement in Stacy's disappearance and has not been charged in that case.

Greenberg said this morning that "ever since Stacy disappeared there have been numerous rumors about Drew. The one thing all of these rumors have in common is that they always prove to be false and that there are never any facts or evidence to back them up. There has never been one single factual piece of real evidence in either Stacy's dissapearance or Kathy's death that shows that Drew is guilty of doing anything."

Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, called the most recent search "patently ridiculous."

"Drew's position from day one has always been that she ran off with another man, because that's what she told him," Brodsky said. "This is just another in a long line of unsubstantiated rumors about Drew Peterson, all of which have proved to be false."

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/authorities-pursue-a-lead-downstate-regarding-stacy-peterson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChicagoBreakingNews+%28Chicago+Breaking+News%29
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Latest tweets from Hosey:

The state police ordered everyone away from a property they have blocked off down here in Peoria. 31 minutes ago via txt
Waiting now for a press briefing. 31 minutes ago via txt

http://twitter.com/joehosey
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Nothing really new at the press conference. Search might continue on into tomorrow. 7 minutes ago via txt
http://twitter.com/joehosey

I'm beginning to think it is the norm that nothing new is said at the first few press conferences when there is breaking news.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:55 pm

I don't believe the part of Drew telling an inmate but I do believe this accomplice finally fessed up. Perhaps this accomplice knew the inmate and told him about it. IDK. Drew is in solitary so he has no contact with other inmates. TMZ may have mixed up the info.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:04 pm

I wouldn't doubt that TMZ mixed up the info. If there is an inmate involved, I agree that it is possible that the accomplice told him what they did with Stacy. Wherever the lead really came from, I hope it pans out and Stacy's family finally gets some answers.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:48 pm

I agree, Justice4all.

I just heard a report on WBBM that it is a muddy mess they are dealing with. No word on any digging done yet, too. They also said there were boats at a nearby lake searching.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Photobucket
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Well if they need a boat, all they have to do is contact (drumroll please) George Anthony and his brand new $30,000 KIDFINDER speedboat!!!!!!
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:24 pm

That's funny, eva! Maybe I should buzz the ISP about Kidfinders. I don't think that ol' George and Milstead have fished the Kickapoo Creek...

Which brings me to a correction~it was the Kickapoo Creek that was being searched, land and water, not a lake.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:00 pm

eva wrote:Well if they need a boat, all they have to do is contact (drumroll please) George Anthony and his brand new $30,000 KIDFINDER speedboat!!!!!!

I think George, Cindy and their Kidfinders speedboat (with side sonar!) only look for live people. Better look elsewhere for help. No wait, that might still work....... it would be concievable that after being missing for 2-1/2 years, George might believe that she was alive and well and had been living in a lake all this time! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Police end the search for Stacy Peterson's body

June 5, 2010
BY JOE HOSEY AND LEEANN MATON Staff Reporters

Authorities have ended their search for the remains of Stacy Peterson today, and it appears they did not find any evidence of her remains.

A forensic anthropologist hired by police to help search for her remains in a wooded area near Peoria gave up his search shortly before 6 p.m., state police said this evening.

Police said there were no immediate plans to resume searching.

"We are pursuing some other avenues in reference to this lead and we will be back in this area," State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said. But he offered no timetable for a return.

A police source said nothing was found during the day-long search. Asked if he was optimistic the lead -- which reportedly came from a prison inmate -- was valid, the source said: "I'm not convinced yet, put it that way."

Acting on a tip, police began digging for the missing remains of Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson, in a muddy, remote wooded area near the Kickapoo River outside of Peoria.

“They must think it’s pretty credible ... they’re here,” State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said from near the digging site, which he described as a “very low remote area.”

“Obviously, because of the rain, it's very muddy right now. It's thick with timber. It's a muddy mess out there,” Burek said.

The area where authorities were digging was closed off by a wrought iron gate identifying the place as “Big Hollow Huntsman’s,” punctuated with pictures of deer and pheasants.

Peterson’s family members were not on the scene, said family spokeswoman Pam Bosco, but they were watching with hope they might finally get an answer to Stacy’s whereabouts.

State police didn't give the family details about the nature of the lead or where the tip came from, but were told "it’s a very good lead and they’e very hopeful,” Bosco said.

“They’ve been more positive on this than any of the leads they had in the past,” she added. “If it pans out, fine. If it doesn’t, we won’t be surprised. We’ve been down this road before, just like in Chanahon,” she said, referring to a body found in the Des Plaines River a year ago that was believed might be Stacy.

So where did the tip come from?

TMZ.com was reporting that it came from another inmate who said Drew Peterson told the fellow inmate where he buried his fourth wife. But both police and Peterson’s attorney scoffed at that report.

“The tip did not come from an inmate at the jail,” said Will County Sheriff’s spokesman Pat Barry. “The people I've talked with have no knowledge of anything.”

“Drew couldn’t talk to somebody if he wanted to,” said his attorney, Joel Brodsky. “I heard it’s a friend of a friend of a friend — there’s nothing there. I think TMZ should stick to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.”

Sources confirm that law enforcement, using dogs, first searched a hunting area near Peoria Friday. State Police and Will County State’s Attorney officials are back today. Stacy Peterson has been missing since Oct. 26, 2007. Peterson is considered a suspect in her disappearance. He has said he suspects she is still alive somewhere.

Peterson is about to stand trial, as soon as next month, in the 2004 drowning death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Her death was initally ruled an accident, but authorities reopened the case after Stacy Peterson disappeared. A new autopsy ruled it was a homicide, and Peterson was arrested and charged with murder.

He has denied any involvement in Savio's death or Stacy Peterson's disappearance. “Ever since Stacy disappeared, there have been numerous rumors about finding her body and about Drew. The one thing all of them have had in common is they always proved to be false,” Peterson defense attorney Steven Greenberg said Saturday.

“There's no real facts or evidence to back them up. In fact, there's never been a single piece of hard evidence in either Stacy's disappearance or Kathleen's death, that shows Drew is guilty of anything," Greenberg maintained.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2358222,drew-peterson-stacy-body-dig-peoria-060510.article

Oh Man! I hope this doesn't end like the search at the dock for Haleigh! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 pm

I hope not either kh, but it doesn't look good right now.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Timeline of events surrounding Drew, Stacy Peterson

Updated at 05:34 PM today

A timeline of important events surrounding Drew and Stacy Peterson:

March 1, 2004, Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub. The death was originally ruled an accidental drowning.

On Oct. 29, 2007, Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, was reported missing.

Nov. 10, 2007, Drew Peterson was named a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance, and state police reopened the investigation into Savio's death. Her body was exhumed thereafter.

Feb. 21, 2008, Savio's death was officially ruled a homicide.

May 7, 2009, Drew Peterson was arrested after being indicted on first-degree murder charges in the death of Kathleen Savio.

Drew Peterson's trial in that case was supposed to begin June 14, 2010, but on Wednesday, June 2, 2010, the judge delayed the start until July 8, 2010.

June 4 and June 5, 2010, the search resumes for Stacy Peterson outside of Peoria, Ill.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=7480699&section=news/local
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

The search is ended? I thought they were going to resume on Monday. Chicago Breaking News quoted Sgt. Tom Burek as saying there's a possibility of the search picking up again on Monday. I hope so.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks for the update J4a,

I personally dont believe Drew told anyone (especially a feelow inmate) of what happened to Stacy, and what he did with her..

I never believe fellow (or any imate)... I find it unlikely that a person who commits murder, and keeps it quiet, all of a sudden confides in any thug.. (I believe this in any case) but O do think that someone may have known something (besides his step brother).. I pray her rermains her are found so that they will tell the story of what exactly happened to her... RIP Stacy! I feel Drew is in a place he so belongs, and hopefully justice will he server fo the women who were involved in Drews life..

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:57 am

Police Suspend Search For Stacy Peterson

By Anthony Ponce, Marcus Riley
NBCChicago.com
updated 7:17 p.m. CT, Sat., June 5, 2010

Investigators wrapped up a day of digging Saturday after receiving a "credible lead" in the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson.

Illinois State Police with the help of a local anthropological team were searching since daybreak in a rural area outside Peoria where Stacy's body was believed to have been buried. Officials planned to return later in the week with more "sophisticated equipment."

More:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37526795/ns/local_news-chicago_il/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:58 am

I'm glad they are resuming the search and hopeful that they will find Stacy.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 am

I'm glad they are going to keep on searching, too. It was a muddy mess and rain they were dealing with so they were probably trying to be extra careful not to lose any possible evidence.

I'm thinking if it was an inmate who alerted LE that it was the accomplice, not Drew , who spoke up to him. As it was said before at Justice Cafe, Drew is a sociopath, but he is not a stupid man.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:18 pm