Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

+37
justanopinion
indypeg59
Marica
Freckles
Nene_Please
Gia
rpozos11
katie77092
kellikat
Feefee
BeFound
flutter1
christinem
CindyTx
eva
burekbeba
Calypso
warriorforemma
shccuervo
Jean
khintx
Sad
TigerMom
Spikey
LCoastMom
WantToKnow
FystyAngel
Caylee'sJustice
Serenity
MLR
LuLu-Tx
Cali
Estee
Snaz
Justice4all
Piper
Julie
41 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm

This article was in our local paper, The Brenham Banner Press, today, Wednesday, 9-29-10.

It is regarding an effort to secure donations to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in memory of precious Emma Thompson.
~~~~~~~~~~

Fund to donate to St. Jude in honor of Thompson opened

By ALLISON P. SMITH/Staff Reporter
The Banner Press, Brenham, TX
Published:
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:25 PM CDT

A memorial foundation has been opened in honor of Emma Thompson, where Washington County residents can donate to St. Jude Children Hospital in her name.

Emma died from injuries sustained in her home on June 27, 2009.

Her mother, Abigail Young, was convicted of reckless serious bodily injury to a child by omission, and Young’s boyfriend, Lucas Cole, was found guilty of super-aggravated sexual assault just last week.

“I knew her great-grandparents and other family members who were from Chappell Hill, and I was appalled with Emma’s injuries,” said Kathy Kitowski, a child advocate who followed the Thompson case and provided information about the foundation to The Banner-Press. “Even if this case was in another state I would have still followed it.”

Kitowski has been a child and elderly advocate for 36 years and started by taking care of her grandmother as a teenager.

Read more: http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/09/29/news/news02.txt
~~~~~~~~~~
Special Thanks:

A very special thank you to Mike Mueck, Editor and Publisher of the Brenham Banner Press, Brenham, Washington County, TX for covering the tragic story of Emma Thompson as it unfolded.
Also, a special thanks to Charles Moser, Retired - former Editior and Publisher of the Brenham Banner Press who covered Emma's case prior to Mr. Mueck.

Our local paper, the Banner, has covered Emma Thompson's case for the past 15 months, including the recent trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Ruric Coe. Young, who is now a former Registered Nurse, is a Brenham native.

A very special thank you to Allison P. Smith, Staff Reporter, Brenham Banner Press, for the beautiful article to help generate donations to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN in memory of Emma Thompson. Donations will benefit many children who are critically ill and in desperate need of medical care. No bill is ever sent!

If you have not donated yet, please take the time to do so in memory of Emma Thompson who captured the hearts of many as the details of her very tragic, brutal, horrific death unfolded in 2009.

Special thanks to all who have supported "Justice for precious Emma!"

Now let's all support Emma's memory by making a donation to St. Jude's!

It does not matter what the amount is. If you can only donate $1, I think it is wonderful. You will have made a donation, in memory of Emma, to help critically ill children from all over our great nation . . . . . . who are at St. Jude's!

Thanking you in advance for any and all donations to St. Jude's!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace . . . . precious, sweet Emma! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No one will ever hurt you again! You are in the arms and care of our dear Lord and I know you walk hand in hand with Jesus! Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 643974 afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:20 pm

For your information, our local radio station, KWHI - AM, Brenham, Washington County, TX, had information about Emma Thompson's case and the effort to secure donations, in Emma's memory, to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN on the Noon News and at the top of the hour.
I heard it at noon and again at 4 p.m. It will be on the 5 p.m. News.

If you would like to listen to it live at 5 p.m., please click on the Link below. In the upper left corner, click on the blinking "Listen Live" shortly before 5 p.m.

http://www.kwhi.com/TOC1.htm
KWHI - AM Brenham, TX
~~~~~~~

The segment about donations for Emma will be on their website later today or tomorrow!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 Empty Women has nightmares after girls death

Post by Serenity Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Woman Describes Night Emma Thompson Died
By Courtney Zavala

POSTED: Tuesday, September 28, 2010
UPDATED: 6:38 pm CDT September 29, 2010

EmailPrintHOUSTON -- A Houston-area woman said she still vividly remembers the night she tried to help a 4-year-old girl moments before the child died in 2009.

•SEE IT: Pictures Of Emma Thompson
•WATCH IT: Woman Has Nightmares After Girl's Death

Emma Thompson had bright red hair and a beautiful smile. Her photograph set in bluebonnets is something Nancy Harris wishes she could remember. Instead, Harris said she has nightmares of a picture of Emma she wishes she could forget.

"I have shed a lot of tears. I've had many sleepless nights. I still see her eyes when I gave her CPR. I just won't forget those lifeless eyes," said Harris.

Harris was on her way home one night in June 2009 when she turned on West Rayford Road in Northwest Harris County and saw several cars on the side of the road. Harris is a physical therapist and has worked in the medical field for more than 20 years. She knew she had to stop.

"There was a small child in only her panties on the back of the trunk, and she wasn't moving. I asked if they needed help and they said she wasn't breathing," said Harris.

Harris said she got out of her car and started CPR on the toddler.

"It was dark. I couldn't clearly see her body, her skin. But I started compressions and mouth to mouth. She wasn't breathing," Harris said.

The ambulance arrived and Harris stayed to be interviewed by police. She said she noticed Emma's mother, Abigail Young, acting strangely.

"(A paramedic) used her stethoscope and checked Emma's heart and said, 'no heartbeat,' just like that," said Harris. "The paramedics were coding her in the back of the ambulance. Abby got out and started talking on the cell phone, going back and forth on the median, talking on the phone, while they were coding her own daughter."

An autopsy would later reveal Emma had 80 contusions, severe head trauma, a skull fracture, internal bleeding and a sexually transmitted disease.

Those were all details Harris didn't find out until later.

"I was praying so hard that night that she would come back. I think for right now she is in a far better place than she was on this Earth," said Harris.

Harris testified in the separate trials of Young and her boyfriend, Lucas Coe. Young was convicted on a charge of reckless injury to a child under 15 years of age. She received a 20-year prison sentence. Coe was convicted of super aggravated sexual assault of a child. He will serve a life prison sentence without the possibility of parole.

Harris said she is continuing with work, but Emma is permanently a part of her life. She said she hopes this horrible story will serve as a reminder and warning for others.

"If any individual sees something on a child that is unexplained, bleeding, bruising, something that is just not quite right, report it," Harris said. "Don't hesitate to call."

http://www.click2houston.com/video/25216763/
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:14 pm

by Serenity Today at 7:46 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, Serenity,

Thank you for posting the article from KPRC (NBC) Houston! I have not had the chance to check the Houston media today.

Nancy Harris, a rebuttal witness for the State of Texas (Harris County District Attorney's Office) was an excellent witness.

Her testimony brought tears to my eyes as she was questioned and she described, in detail, what she saw on arrival, her attempt to save a child (Emma), what Abigail Young was doing and how eventually Young got her stethoscope from her car.

Young knelt on the other side of Emma, checked Emma's heart and told Harris, "She's dead. Quit doing CPR." Harris said Young showed no emotion and said the statement in a flat tone. Harris ignored Young and continued CPR until EMS got to the scene.

Also, Young's car was facing in the direction of her home - not facing in the direction if she was going to take Emma to the hospital ER. At some point, Young obviously turned around and apparently was headed home!

Young took Emma out of the car and put Emma on the hood! It was June 27, 2009! Very hot and humid in Texas! I can not believe Young laid Emma on her hood. That hood had to be hot!

Serenity, I noticed in the video, Nancy said Emma was on the trunk of the car. During her testimony, she said hood of the car. My friend and I were appalled that Young put Emma on the hood. If she was on the trunk, that car would still be hot from the hot Texas sun!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Omg I can't believe that! I really cannot.
Serenity
Serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Me either, just makes me sick......... Sad
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I can't believe she showed no emotion as her daughter was dying. She probably showed plenty of emotion when her boyfriend was arrested. Some people should never have children.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Justice4all wrote:I can't believe she showed no emotion as her daughter was dying. She probably showed plenty of emotion when her boyfriend was arrested. Some people should never have children.
Justice it is believed that Emma was already dead when Young carried Emma to her car from her home. Emma's eyes were already rolled back in her head.

Per testimony by Young's oldest daughter, Young did not carry Emma in her arms (she described and demonstrated it) [my comment: think latitude]. Young carried Emma in a position against her shoulder. (think of burping a baby).
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Matt and Alicia, please check your Inbox. Two very important messages for you.

Chrintinem: Message for you in your Inbox.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I have been so upset since I read about what Nancy Harris witnessed, and how hard she tried to save poor little Emma. Absolutely awful, so awful I don't even have words to describe how I feel.

I am also totally shocked to hear how Emma was carried out of the house (Re Ann's post about Emma's sister's description of what she saw) by her worthless mother. She was already dead, I am sure of that now. I have such a sick feeling in my stomach. I hope Abigail never gets out of prison until she serves every last day of her sentence. AND, she sure doesn't deserve to get out of prison even then. Her sentence was way too short.

Jean

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:04 am

Thank you Serenity for the post & the link.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 am

~Snipped~

"(A paramedic) used her stethoscope and checked Emma's heart and said, 'no heartbeat,' just like that," said Harris. "The paramedics were coding her in the back of the ambulance. Abby got out and started talking on the cell phone, going back and forth on the median, talking on the phone, while they were coding her own daughter."

I suppose she was calling her man at this time.. Mad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 am

This was on KWHI - AM, Brenham, Washington County, Tx yesterday (9-29-10) at Noon, top of the hour and 5 p.m. News. A picture of Emma in the bluebonnets, in Washington County, is included in the article. The caption below it states: " Emma Thompson is being remembered. "
~~~~~~~~

MEMORIAL ACCOUNT FOR EMMA THOMPSON

(SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2010)

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 Emma_thompson
Emma Thompson is being remembered.

A world renowned children’s hospital now has a tribute account in memory of Emma Thompson.

In recent weeks and months we have been following the criminal trials of Lucas Coe and before that, Abigail Young, who were charged with abusing Emma, a four year old girl, until she died in June of last year.

One Washington County woman who followed the case closely was determined to set up an account in the memory of Emma. Kathy Kitowski says an anonymous person who was very concerned with the Emma Thompson case, has set this tribute up at St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. Donations to this account can be made directly to St. Jude’s by calling 1 800 805 5856. You can also mail you donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tn, 38105. You can also ask about donating on line but remember to include Emma Thompson, tribute account 24231963.

Emma Thompson died in June of last year after suffering violent and sexual abuse.

St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital was begun by Danny Thomas over fifty years ago to provide hope to children who are desperately ill. No child is turned away and no bills are ever sent.

Source: KWHI - From the Newsroom http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#MEMORIAL ACCOUNT FOR EMMA THOMPSON

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Justice4all wrote:I can't believe she showed no emotion as her daughter was dying. She probably showed plenty of emotion when her boyfriend was arrested. Some people should never have children.

Isn't it just horrendous how you think it can't get any worse and it does! Every new piece of information about this case has been worse than the last. So many people in pain over the loss of this baby girl - everyone it seems, except her own mother who apparently only cares about her own sorry backside.

Ten times 20 years is not enough to repay the harm she brought to her own little daughter. Mad
LCoastMom
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 am

For your info, I called KTRK (ABC) Houston, Tx yesterday, 9-30-10. I inquired about the video of the Victim's Impact Statements on behalf of Emma Thompson.

The video will be posted. It takes time to put it in video form. There are parts of the Statements that have to be edited.

Just wanted to update on the status. We will patiently wait for the video.

The Impact Statements are great and I know many of you will be interested in seeing the video!

The following made Victim's Impact Statements:

Ben Thompson, Jim Thompson, Laurie Thompson and Amanda Matthew

This is Emma's father, paternal grandparents and maternal aunt.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 am

Thanks Ann. I'm glad the station still plans on posting the Victim's Impact Statements.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by christinem Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:43 am

I am so excited to have found this site.

Dear Ann, I just wanted to thank you for all that you are doing and have done for precious angel Emma. She has truly touched my heart and soul. God bless you for all you have done and are doing for baby Emma.

Sincerely,
Christine

christinem

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:10 am

New Family Photos of 4-year-old Emma Thompson

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-emma-thompson-pictures,0,5989462.photogallery
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 am

Although I do not officially kick off my campaign to solicit direct donations to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital until Tuesday, 10-5-10, I did provide some info today.

I met with the owner of a local restaurant/club in my area regarding St. Jude's and donations in memory of Emma. He is a retired Houston Police Dept. officer. He is familiar with Emma's case.

He will allow me to put some flyers, which I am having printed, in his place of business. Besides locals, there are a lot of people from Houston that patronize his business.

There was a benefit held there today. Mostly off duty law enforcement officers from our county and surrounding counties. I had the opportunity to meet with one of the officers from a neighboring county. I gave him a flyer and Wednesday's Banner Press which had the article about efforts to secure direct donations to St. Jude's in memory of Emma Thompson. He is familiar with Emma's case.

Also, met a lady from The Woodlands, Tx and we discussed the effort regarding donations to St. Jude's. She said they have several fund raising efforts, currently under way in her area, to benefit several charities such as battered women and others, in memory of Emma.

She gave me her business card and asked me to e-mail her info on Washington County's effort to secure direct donations to St. Jude's in memory of Emma. She said she would pass it on to various groups.

So . . . . . it was a good day for Emma! Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:53 am

good morning Ann and welcome Christine!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Good afternoon, Piper! Hope all is well with you!

Maybe this coming week, KTRK (ABC) - Houston will post the Victim's Impact Statements on behalf of Emma that were made, by family members, after Coe was sentenced!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:22 pm

by christinem on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:43 am
~~~~~~~~~
A huge welcome to Reality Chatter, Christinem! If I missed any other new members . . . . . a huge welcome to you, also!

Christinem, we are so glad you found us too! Hope you post when you can!

To all who recently joined Reality Chatter: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by flutter1 Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Ann,

Thanks for visiting my site. I have joined yours as well and look forward to posting here often.

flutter1
flutter1

Mood : Praying

http://www.flutterbyewings.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi, flutter1. It is so nice to see you!

Welcome to Reality Chatter!

I was so surprised to see you on BNN last week. I was hoping it was the same flutter1 from last year! Went to your site and left a message for you! Glad you joined Reality Chatter (RC) and hope you stop by often.

For your info, I do not own RC. I just started a thread for sweet, little Emma!

I like the fluttering butterflies on your site. In an interview on KPRC (NBC) Houston, Ben Thompson, Emma's dad, said Emma liked yellow butterflies! Maybe you will have to put a butterfly on Emma's thread on your site.

For you flutter1: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09  (Thread #1) - Page 11 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:41 pm

When losing a loved one, "In the Arms of an Angel" has been one of my favorite songs for a long time.

When I think of Emma's last few hours on earth, it is heart wrenching. So alone with no one to protect her! How afraid she must have been, her pain and suffering . . . . . ... . . . . . ...

Lucas Coe brutally raped Emma and beat her. As a result of injuries Emma sustained, she died a slow, painful death!

Instead of calling 911 immediately, Abigail Young, Emma's mother and a Registered Nurse at the time, who failed to protect her, was at Randall's buying Krazy Glue among her grocery purchase, cooking Sloppy Joe's and cleaning and bleaching the bathroom where Emma apparently bled profusely. Young trying to super glue Emma's skull together. All of this . . . . .while Emma was slowly dying.

As the Prosecutor said during Coe's trial: Young cared more for Lucas Coe than she did her own precious daughter, Emma! How very sad and tragic for a barely four year old innocent, defenseless child!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma, as you slowly slipped away, I know the angels were there waiting for you so that you could fly to Heaven in the arms of one of the angels! God bless you sweet, precious Emma. You are safe and no one will ever hurt you again!

View slideshow: •SEE IT: Pictures of Emma Thompson

~~~~~~~~~~

In Memory of precious Emma Thompson: