Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaine Horman

+23
Armymom
Elphie
*KJ*
Mircea
Justice4all
FystyAngel
msollicito
Julie
annadiaz
sitemama
Eagle Eye
lc
Maat
Snaz
purpleprincess
chatter2
LottieM
johnabelle
jigsaw
Sherry
khintx
Piper
Calypso
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kaine Horman - Page 5 Empty Re: Kaine Horman

Post by Maat Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:24 am

Oh, I toss out all kinds of possibilities, but my own theory is there in my post when I discuss the stranger.

I don't know if anyone faked the texts or not, but it is just as plausible as some of the craziness I have read about people driving all over the place to confuse the public and stealing cars from parking lots and staging car chases and such. Actually, more plausible because all it takes is a computer. And the police don't have to check further. Why would they? If they get what meets their assumption, why would they dig further to see if it was something else? That would be kind of like continuing to look for your keys after you have the copy of your key in your hand. Why bother? You got what you want. No need to see if you can keep digging for the original key. You got one that does what you need it to do.

However, the texts aren't that big a deal to me. She was separated and lonely and grasping at whoever gave her attention. She sounds a little pitiful to me.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 am

Armymom wrote:
Piper wrote:Where can I find the texts that were leaked?

Leaked???? And I was accused of being a conspiracy theorist?? LOL!

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/f/1/2/f12d5e9c-5f4f-4cb5-8d93-0979d33f4120/redacted_text_messages.pdf

Oh no, I didn't mean you leaked them!

I printed the PDF file thinking the text messages were in there. I read in one of the articles that the messages were leaked...

Thanks for the link! .
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Armymom Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 am

Piper wrote:
Armymom wrote:
Piper wrote:Where can I find the texts that were leaked?

Leaked???? And I was accused of being a conspiracy theorist?? LOL!

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/f/1/2/f12d5e9c-5f4f-4cb5-8d93-0979d33f4120/redacted_text_messages.pdf

Oh no, I didn't mean you leaked them!

I printed the PDF file thinking the text messages were in there. I read in one of the articles that the messages were leaked...

Thanks for the link! .

LOL! No, I didn't think you were saying I leaked them. I know those who have generally posted (not necessarily here)about someone other than Terri sending the texts have mentioned the term "leaked" and are all into the whole "conspiring against Terri" thing when referring to them.

You're welcome on the link Piper.

Armymom

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am

Um yep, that's definitely what I would call SEXTING!

Terri texts of her phone being flashed and gives the explanation to MC of what that means. She knew her phone conversations were monitored. It surprises me she wouldn't realize her texting would be as well. And the pictures she sent him. Early on it was said the pictures were her bodybuilding pictures. Sure didn't sound that way in the conversation...... Shocked
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 am

I have no reason to believe that Terri didn't write those herself.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 am

Armymom wrote:
I love the conspiracy theories????? LOL!! Wherever did you get THAT idea??
No. The conspiracy lovers are the ones who think Terri was set up. The ones who think someone OTHER than Terri sent those texts.
No offense, but seriously, is that the only thing you got from my post? I really was hoping to get some intelligent debate going.
Guess I was wrong. : )

My favorite conspiracy theory is the one the cops/Kaine and Dizzy promote that, not only did Terri do this, but she had help! Maybe even several people's help! Laughing

I bolded part of you post because I take offense to your suggestion you can't get an intelligent debate going here. People are debating quite intelligently with your viewpoints! Very Happy
LottieM
LottieM

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Thing is, even tho Terri wrote those texts it doesn't prove that she did anything to Kyron. She may have a sex addiction at the worst...she does have the propensity for addictive behavior where alcohol and body image is concerned so why not where sex is concerned. This does not mean she is sociopathic, either.

I agree, Lottie M!
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't think the texts make her guilty of harming Kyron. I am just surprised at how explicit they are being she should have known they would be found.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Were these texts retrieved from Mike Cook's phone or Terri's? Just curious.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Armymom Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

LottieM wrote:
I bolded part of you post because I take offense to your suggestion you can't get an intelligent debate going here. People are debating quite intelligently with your viewpoints! Very Happy

Oh. I must have missed that. Can you point me to these "intelligent debates"?
I've asked several things and pointed out some (IMO)fallacies in some comments, but have seen few of them addressed.

Believe me, I am NOT trying to rude or argumentative. But I have tried, in my responses, to directly address the points others have made to me, but I'm not getting the same back. All I have seen is the same ol' same ol' that is put forth by almost every single supporter I've come across.

Armymom

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Piper wrote:Were these texts retrieved from Mike Cook's phone or Terri's? Just curious.
I got the impression that they were obtained from Mike Cook's phone. They labeled his messages as sent and Terri's as received. That's one of the reasons I think he may have been working with Kaine to try to get information from Terri. I also thought it was weird when Terri asked him if he was coming over and he texted that he wasn't sure and that he was was writing an extensive email to Kaine.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm

That's what I thought, J4A, thanks.

I also thought the extensive email to Kaine comment was odd.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Do you think Terri's intent was for Kaine to see the explicit texts? Terri and Mike conning each other...pretty ironic.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm

It's possible Piper. Terri probably realizes that she should have her guard up with everybody she talks to.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Piper wrote:Were these texts retrieved from Mike Cook's phone or Terri's? Just curious.
I got the impression that they were obtained from Mike Cook's phone. They labeled his messages as sent and Terri's as received. That's one of the reasons I think he may have been working with Kaine to try to get information from Terri. I also thought it was weird when Terri asked him if he was coming over and he texted that he wasn't sure and that he was was writing an extensive email to Kaine.

Mike Cook texted the email info on 7/01. No response from Terri, I would think she would have responded in some way in reference to Mike Cook writing an email to Kaine. No response from her again until 7/04, and no mention of the email. My opinion, Terri's response is not in there for a reason. It seems to be missing. I can't imagine her not having a reply to that one.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mircea Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Armymom wrote: It shows how completely NOT focused on Kyron Terri was.

It shows no such thing. That is merely bias and prejudice on your part. As far as you're concerned, if Terri isn't dressed in all black long dress wearing a veil over her face and carrying flowers around wailing and sobbing, then she's guilty.

I would remind you that his is the US, and not the Punjabi region of India. In the Mures region of Romania, I would expect her to boil an egg, beautifully decorate it and then give it to someone three days after her loved one was buried, but Terri isn't Romanian and doesn't live in the Mures Region.

As I said, people handle grief in different ways. Some people internalize it, some externalize it. If you had a solid background in psychology, as well as the sociology of death, as I do, since it was a required part of the law enforcement curriculum (my degree is law enforcement, not criminal justice) you might understand.

Often when people are in shock, they act bizarrely. I remember a man whose wife was murdered and all he could talk about was painting his house. And in fact he took off work and painted the house. According to you, that is inappropriate and evidence that he's guilty.

Armymom wrote: Her concern was trying to get MC to LIE to LE. Her concern was NOT that Kyron was hurt, or heaven forbid, DEAD at the hands of a lunatic. Her concern was telling MC exactly how she wants to pleasure him.
Of course, these were just a little thing compared to her needs, right??

And what exactly was Kaine doing? Well we don't know because no one has told us, but I don't recall him out stomping in the weeds looking for his son.

Piper wrote:I don't think the texts make her guilty of harming Kyron. I am just surprised at how explicit they are being she should have known they would be found.

Not every one thinks along those lines. We don't know exactly what was going on, but if she was being rejected by Kaine then it's reasonable that she would have reached out to anyone who reached out to her, and if she wasn't involved in Kyron's disappearance, then she wouldn't have feared any intrusion.

Justice4all wrote:I got the impression that they were obtained from Mike Cook's phone. They labeled his messages as sent and Terri's as received. That's one of the reasons I think he may have been working with Kaine to try to get information from Terri. I also thought it was weird when Terri asked him if he was coming over and he texted that he wasn't sure and that he was was writing an extensive email to Kaine.

What exactly is the relationship between Kaine and Mike? How do they know each other?

Piper wrote:Mike Cook texted the email info on 7/01. No response from Terri, I would think she would have responded in some way in reference to Mike Cook writing an email to Kaine. No response from her again until 7/04, and no mention of the email. My opinion, Terri's response is not in there for a reason. It seems to be missing. I can't imagine her not having a reply to that one.

I don't either. I imagine it's being withheld for whatever reason.

Mircea

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Mircea, I think I love you. afro

:Kaine Horman - Page 5 19983
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Mircea wrote:What exactly is the relationship between Kaine and Mike? How do they know each other?
I believe they were friends in high school and were on the football team together.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMac Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:53 am

Wow! I'm so amazed by some of these people running blogs. I joined this site because it's not a game of controlling what you think happen and who did it. Also because one of you got kick off the other site for talking about the groundskeeper in this case. For the love of God PLEASE take another look at the groundskeeper!! It seems to be o.k on most sites out there to go on and on about TH. Many have spent a great deal of time and money pointing fingers at one person TH and still nothing 5 months later they can't come up with something to make her a suspect? Well maybe they need to look around and dig alittle deeper into EVERYONE around this case. I find it odd that the groundskeeper was at Skyline he also drives a white truck he was parked on the side road he even seen some of the kids that day... but it took 10 weeks for the police to question him or for him to think "oh I was at the school that day and I didn't see TH white truck on the side rd. The news didn't even mention that he drove the same kinda truck as TH. Glad to see that at least this site likes to Chatter with an open mind!!

DeeMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am

Hi DeeMac and welcome to RC! Kaine Horman - Page 5 901969
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:35 am

Armymom wrote:
LottieM wrote:

I've asked several things and pointed out some (IMO)fallacies in some comments, but have seen few of them addressed.

Believe me, I am NOT trying to rude or argumentative. But I have tried, in my responses, to directly address the points others have made to me, but I'm not getting the same back. All I have seen is the same ol' same ol' that is put forth by almost every single supporter I've come across.

You might not be trying to be rude, but IMO you are being rude when you accuse our wonderful and very intelligent posters here as 'not debating with you intelligently'. Here...pour yourself some caffeine Mad

LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 am

DeeMac wrote:Wow! I'm so amazed by some of these people running blogs. I joined this site because it's not a game of controlling what you think happen and who did it. Also because one of you got kick off the other site for talking about the groundskeeper in this case. For the love of God PLEASE take another look at the groundskeeper!! It seems to be o.k on most sites out there to go on and on about TH. Many have spent a great deal of time and money pointing fingers at one person TH and still nothing 5 months later they can't come up with something to make her a suspect? Well maybe they need to look around and dig alittle deeper into EVERYONE around this case. I find it odd that the groundskeeper was at Skyline he also drives a white truck he was parked on the side road he even seen some of the kids that day... but it took 10 weeks for the police to question him or for him to think "oh I was at the school that day and I didn't see TH white truck on the side rd. The news didn't even mention that he drove the same kinda truck as TH. Glad to see that at least this site likes to Chatter with an open mind!!

Hi Dee! Welcome!

I agree with you they should check out the groundskeeper....also they should look into the prior school custodian who may have taken an interest in Kyron when he was working at Kyron's school. The custodian would have access to 'some cool electric exhibit' if that cool electric exhibit was the school maintenance room where perhaps the heating/cooling system and circuit breaker boxes were located. It is my understanding they had a new custodian and the old one went to work at a different school....but I don't know when the switch was made. I've seen pictures of the old custodian interacting with the little kids in the cafeteria. Perhaps he took a liking to Kyron and then came back on Science Fair day to get him.

This case has been so one-sided toward Terri being the perp because- IMO -of Tony being a cop-brother who probably told Portland LE lots of his own opinions...which of course were all directed toward Terri....and LE thought his story/analysis sounded reasonable and figured all they had to do was put some pressure on Terri and she'd break....and that's why they didn't bother to look elsewhere at first....trusted brother-cop had an inside track to 'Terri's mindset' and he probably prefaced his input by saying how hard it was for him to say these things about Terri, BUT for the sake of finding Kyron he had to do it. Crying or Very sad
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mircea Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 am

Justice4all wrote:
Mircea wrote:What exactly is the relationship between Kaine and Mike? How do they know each other?
I believe they were friends in high school and were on the football team together.

Okay, they have a long history that goes back 20+ years or so.

I've been trying to find out what this might mean:

"...and now here we are all back again [unknown]..."

That's an example of Reverse Speech analysis. Dizzy says that during one of the press conferences.

How about:

"Some should be okay"

The last one comes from a TV interview. She says, "I can tell you what I ate that day, and she can't even tell you where she was."

The last part, "...and she can't even tell you where she was." comes out as "Some should be okay" when you reverse it.

I got about 30+ video clips off of a web-site that has most of their press conferences and TV appearances. It just takes forever to strip out the video, make smaller .wmv files out of that then convert that to an .mp3 file then analyze it.

I only have 2, maybe 3 audio clips on Tony and none on Terri. If anyone knows where I can find some, or where I can find .wav files I'd be grateful.

DeeMac wrote: It seems to be o.k on most sites out there to go on and on about TH. Many have spent a great deal of time and money pointing fingers at one person TH and still nothing 5 months later they can't come up with something to make her a suspect? Well maybe they need to look around and dig alittle deeper into EVERYONE around this case. I find it odd that the groundskeeper was at Skyline he also drives a white truck he was parked on the side road he even seen some of the kids that day... but it took 10 weeks for the police to question him or for him to think "oh I was at the school that day and I didn't see TH white truck on the side rd.

Well, this is reality not TV Land. In real life cops ain't all that bright. Small-town police departments are notorious for mucking things up. Once they're hot for someone, it's instant Tunnel Vision with a nice layer of Fanaticism, and then it comes down to justifying all the money spent and time wasted and avoiding criticism, so who cares if an innocent person does time. It's a numbers game in a lot of ways. Case Closed. That's all that matters. A lot of it has to do with the union mentality. Policing and investigating and administrating aren't the same things. Someone might be an excellent police officer, but have zero aptitude for investigating or administrating. Likewise, investigators are often lousy police officers and terrible administrators. It's a lot like the hospital thing. You know a doctor might be the world's greatest heart surgeon, but don't let him anywhere near money, because he's a financial zero (that's one reason the health care mess is the mess it is).

There's no doubt they botched this investigation from the get go. An admission would be nice and so would a clear plan of action to avoid future occurrences.

The grounds-keeper guy, he lives there, so working for the school and working for the Horman's doesn't raise any red flags. That doesn't mean you ignore it. I would want to know how he specifically came to be in the Horman's employ. If Terri or Kaine randomly selected him from the yellow pages or from a flyer posted at school or the hardware store, or some other local advertising, that is one thing. But if he approached them, solicited business directly from them, then that is something else altogether. Now, I'd want to know if he targeted the Horman's or did he also canvass the street/neighborhood seeking business. I mean everyone else on the street has a yard too, right? Did he call them? Visit their homes? Send e-mails? Because if he didn't then he needs to be in the spotlight and under a microscope.

Mircea

Back to top Go down

Post by Armymom Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 am

Well there you are! Nice to see a response to at least a couple of my comments to you.
I had lots of others if you wouldn't mind responding to them as well : ) It's on page 10-post 16 ; )

Mircea wrote:
Armymom wrote: It shows how completely NOT focused on Kyron Terri was.

It shows no such thing.That is merely bias and prejudice on your part. As far as you're concerned, if Terri isn't dressed in all black long dress wearing a veil over her face and carrying flowers around wailing and sobbing, then she's guilty.
I would remind you that his is the US, and not the Punjabi region of India. In the Mures region of Romania, I would expect her to boil an egg, beautifully decorate it and then give it to someone three days after her loved one was buried, but Terri isn't Romanian and doesn't live in the Mures Region.

You would expect? Wow! And you call me biased and prejudiced??
Mircea, please show me where Terri WAS focused on Kyron while sexting with MC.

As I said, people handle grief in different ways. Some people internalize it, some externalize it. If you had a solid background in psychology, as well as the sociology of
death, as I do, since it was a required part of the law enforcement curriculum (my degree is law enforcement, not criminal justice) you might understand.
Often when people are in shock, they act bizarrely. I remember a man whose wife was murdered and all he could talk about was painting his house. And in fact he took off work and painted the house. According to you, that is inappropriate and evidence that he's guilty.

As a matter of fact, no, I wouldn't consider painting the house inappropriate NOR a sign of guilt. Please don't judge me.
You have a background in Psychology?? Cool, then you are aware that psychological and personality disorders exist. That the diagnosis of such disorders could in no way be considered "biased or prejudicial".
While I don't claim to have a 'background' in psychology (solid or otherwise) I have studied it in some length (for my own personal reasons) so I'm not incapable of understanding.
I have seen absolutely NOTHING that would indicate NOT being focused on the object of your grief as being a sign of grieving. A grieving person is so TOTALLY focused on their grief, that it can become an obsession, which may result in "bizarre" behavior, but any such behavior would immediately be associated with the grief -example-painting the house-while some would see it as "bizarre", it's possible this would be something he and his spouse had discussed. She may have wanted the house painted. He may not and kept putting it off. After the death of his wife, he is "externalizing" by giving her what she wanted.

Tell me Mircea-What possible thing was Terri "externalizing" on??

Grieving

Physical signs and symptoms of grief:
Exhaustion, muscle tightness or weakness, body pains, fidgety, restlessness, lack of energy.

Insomnia, sleeping too much, disturbing dreams,

Loss of appetite, overeating, nausea, indigestion, intestinal disorders (diarrhea) excessive weight gain or loss,

Headaches
short of breath
Pressure in the chest

Mental numbness (this is a natural shock absorber)

Sadness

yearning

Guilt

Helplessness

Panic

Fear

Trouble concentrating

Forgetfulness

Anger (often will manifest itself in the desire to start screaming)

Some people may withdraw from any social contact and isolate themselves. They may loose interest in their normal activities. They may become suspicious of those around them. They may show signs of hostility. (Bizarre, no?)

Armymom wrote: Her concern was trying to get MC to LIE to LE. Her concern was NOT that Kyron was hurt, or heaven forbid, DEAD at the hands of a lunatic. Her concern was telling MC exactly how she wants to pleasure him.
Of course, these were just a little thing compared to her needs, right??

And what exactly was Kaine doing? I have no idea and neither do you.
Well we don't know because no one has told us, but I don't recall him out stomping in the weeds looking for his son.
Neither was Terri.

Armymom

Back to top Go down

Post by Armymom Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:47 am

LottieM wrote:
Armymom wrote:
LottieM wrote:

You might not be trying to be rude, but IMO you are being rude when you accuse our wonderful and very intelligent posters here as 'not debating with you intelligently'. Here...pour yourself some caffeine Mad

Thanks for proving my point Lottie.

Armymom

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm

I really like these smilies!

Kaine Horman - Page 5 341981

ass

couple
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Maat, I love it!! And I get the message too.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 pm

sitemama wrote:Maat, I love it!! And I get the message too.

Kaine Horman - Page 5 643974 I don't know what you mean.

hehehe
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by lc Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm

That's very funny, Maat.

lc

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:05 pm

From Mircea's post above...Dizzy says: The last one comes from a TV interview. She says, "I can tell you what I ate that day, and she can't even tell you where she was."

I'm a believer in that innocent people generally don't recall the details so well as those who are 'paying special attention to the day' in anticipation of needing to recite them later on.

Halloween time!

Kaine Horman - Page 5 901969 <-- "mommy, come back!" Suspect <--"NO!"
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 am

Terri could not go out and search for Kyron if she wanted to because of the death threats that were made toward her almost from the time Kyron disappeared. What is Kaine, Desiree and Tony's excuse?

How do you know if Terri displayed signs of grief when Kyron disappeared or not? The first public appearance was 8 days later. She could have cryed for hours or days, and been "cryed out" in shock or in the stage of denial, at the time she appeared before the camera. There are five stages to grief and they do not necessarilary come in any particular order. One person may be experiencing rage and a person experiencing a loss that occured at the same time may be in denial, and go about their daily routine as if nothing happened for several months or years and suddendly break without anyone understanding why, while the other grieves for several months soon after or maybe a few years and then comes to acceptance, and in time unless they tell you-you wouldn't ever know what they've been through. One still picture showing one expression is not enough to convince me she is guilty. Then there's the ackwardness of her standing in front of the camera with her husband who is paying more attention to his ex-wife than he is to her. If their situation is like most blended families, I can see Kaine and Desiree pushing her aside because this is their kid, not hers.

Futhermore, the more regret a person feels when losing someone they love, the more apt they are to be consumed with grief. If Terri has done the best she knew how to do with Kyron she is not going to be as affected as Desiree who wasn't there for him, but now regrets that.

johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 am

I'd like to add to my post above that doesn't mean Terri does not love or grieve or never think about the loss of Kyron. But Kaine, Desiree and the Terri basher posting online are giving her plenty of escape routes, so that she has plenty of other things to think about that consume her thoughts, when she doesn't want to dwell on Kyron being gone. Losing Kyron is going to affect her more when she is alone, or further down the road, when some of these things others are saying are past.
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Armymom Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:14 am

johnabelle wrote:Terri could not go out and search for Kyron if she wanted to because of the death threats that were made toward her almost from the time Kyron disappeared. What is Kaine, Desiree and Tony's excuse?

First off, LE had told the family NOT to join the searchers, so for you or anyone to say she couldn't search because of death threats (especially in the first few days) is really not true.
Has she received threats? I have seen some of the crazy things said on-line about her, so I can very well believe there were. I also have seen some extremely hateful things said about Kaine and Desiree. Have they received death threats as well?? I have no idea, but I believe it's very likely. There are some truly unstable people out there on BOTH sides of the fence. My question however is, when did they begin and would this have effected her to the point of not searching? We need to do some back-tracking to see.

In the e-mails she wrote on June 5th she stated “They are blaming me in the blogs." Not just blaming her, but blaming her to the point that she "wants to scream." When I read that, I did a search. I found a few comments to some of the on-line articles where some were 'speculating' on whether she had anything to do with it. I saw a few comments that came right out and said the stepmother needs to be checked out, but these were not the norm by June 5th. (notice- in her 6/5 email-Terri didn't say anyone was sending death threats, only that they were blaming her-so it can be assumed she hadn't at that point been threatened) As a matter of fact, they were so few on the 5th, Terri's "blaming me" and "screaming" comments were really quite odd.
When did Terri make the "hitting the gym" comment? (I think it was written on the 8th, so would have her going to the gym on the 9th) So the negative on-line comments possibly began then, and became harsher after the first press conference on the 11th.

My whole point is, if Terri is trying to blame her lack of searching for Kyron on any death threats she had received (as opposed to LE's insistence the family not search), she had upwards of (possibly) 4 days before more attention was directed towards her by the public. She could have searched by driving the streets. Did she search in this way? I have no idea. Of all the things that have made Terri seem suspicious in Kyron's disappearance, her possible "lack" of searching was never a consideration for me. It ranked right up there with her weight, hair color and her status as a stepmom. Had absolutely nothing to do with it.

How do you know if Terri displayed signs of grief when Kyron disappeared or not? The first public appearance was 8 days later. She could have cryed for hours or days, and been "cryed out" in shock or in the stage of denial, at the time she appeared before the camera. There are five stages to grief and they do not necessarilary come in any particular order. One person may be experiencing rage and a person experiencing a loss that occured at the same time may be in denial, and go about their daily routine as if nothing happened for several months or years and suddendly break without anyone understanding why, while the other grieves for several months soon after or maybe a few years and then comes to acceptance, and in time unless they tell you-you wouldn't ever know what they've been through.

I never said she did NOT display any of the signs of grief.
I was responding to a poster's comment about bizarre behavior being a sign.
Think about it this way. In just 3 weeks, her son has disappeared, seemingly without a trace. IN THE LAST 4 DAYS, she has lost the trust of her husband who took her cherished daughter away from her. In the midst of all this, she's sending explicit text messages and graphically nude photos of herself to a man who is NOT her husband. IMO, this clearly shows a person focused on her own instant needs, wants and gratifications.It goes a long way towards understanding why this is one reason those closest to the case have been focusing on her. Are those the actions of a normal, loving, grieving mother? Heaven forbid!

One still picture showing one expression is not enough to convince me she is guilty. Then there's the ackwardness of her standing in front of the camera with her husband who is paying more attention to his ex-wife than he is to her. If their situation is like most blended families, I can see Kaine and Desiree pushing her aside because this is their kid, not hers.

"One still picture"? "One expression"? Sorry, I didn't see "one picture" much less "one expression". Try "a whole video" with "a multitude of expressions and body movements"
"Her husband who is paying more attention to his ex-wife than he is to her"???

Are you serious??
Have you ever even watched the video??

Futhermore, the more regret a person feels when losing someone they love, the more apt they are to be consumed with grief. If Terri has done the best she knew how to do with Kyron she is not going to be as affected as Desiree who wasn't there for him, but now regrets that.
Huh????

johnabelle wrote:I'd like to add to my post above that doesn't mean Terri does not love or grieve or never think about the loss of Kyron. But Kaine, Desiree and the Terri basher posting online are giving her plenty of escape routes, so that she has plenty of other things to think about that consume her thoughts, when she doesn't want to dwell on Kyron being gone. Losing Kyron is going to affect her more when she is alone, or further down the road, when some of these things others are saying are past.

??????????

Armymom

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMac Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the kind welcome!

I just got to say it in so many ways my heart goes out to TH. She was the last person seen with Kyron which is not totally true... he was at school right? We at least know that to be true. He was seen by other people and kids that day. TH help raise Kyron and by the looks of it a big part of his life. I wounder who help Kyron with his frog project? I know how much time and effort is put into helping your kid with projects. Also she was the only parent out of 4 to go to the school on his last day for the fair? Wow! Kaine with a big job and all paying the bills could not have went to work a little late for his son? DY, Tony, and Kaine are all on the same team now, but I ask where were they before they needed someone to blame? Lets just say for a minute that TH did not take, kidnapp, or harm Kyron. Now put that together with she was not getting the love she needed from Kaine and was getting it else where...now that would be a reason to lie (I'm not saying cheating is ok, but it happens in the real world). Add the landscaper for hire story to the mix and we have a perfect target. All this BS with the landscaper and no facts, and why is TH not in jail for that? Hiring someone to kill your husband with no proof is hearsay or BS. What about the landscaper that we know so little about because we spend so much time talking about TH. Like I said before please take another look at the groundskeeper(Dave Stensen) at Skyline. It is so sad to me that so many people could have taken Kyron, but we just keep our eye on the one person that most likely didn't do it, but because she is an easy target. How much do we know about Kaine (is he gay?) landscaper (ever been arrested?) groundskeeper (Beaverton suspect? why 10 wks later to talk and where was he all that time?) Keep digging chatter boxes don't sit on one side of the fence a little boy is still missing and alot of unanswered questions. RC seems to be an open minded site that makes this worth posting unlike a few others that would be a waste of time or a fight.

DeeMac

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Long article, but a good read. I've posted less than half.

Kyron Horman Case Update: Blinkoncrime.com Legal Analyst Lea Conner

Friday 29 October 2010 7:39 am

Portland, OR- Please Welcome Again blinkoncrime.com Contributing Editor And Legal Analyst, Washington Family Law Attorney, Lea Conner.

Although I am not licensed in Oregon, I grew up there and was a news reporter for several years in that state, during which time I covered the cops and courts beat. My practice in Washington state deals in family law matters. As such, I can comment as to my knowledge of family law and court proceedings, but my comments are general analysis, not legal advice.

Kaine Horman’s pleadings of October 25, 2010, unleashed a tempest of charges against his wife, claiming she was a raging drunk whose inability to control her anger and her drinking had already caused her to give up custody of one child prior to the disappearance of her stepson on June 4, 2010. Unlike his prior, more tersely-written court filings, Mr. Horman’s words are more personal and angry. They are also contradicted by his prior statements to the court and to the media, and the very documentation he provided as part of his October 25 court papers.

The latest round of pleadings from Mr. Horman seems to fit a far bigger effort by Mr. Horman and Desiree Young to push Ms. Horman to the point where she would be forced to speak in her own defense. Ms. Horman’s own writings within days of Kryon’s disappearance evidence her Achilles heel in that Ms. Horman complained loudly about criticism heaped upon her via the internet.

What followed was a whisper campaign of purported law enforcement leaks about Ms. Horman and people around her that has continually kept her name in the news since June 4, 2010. Mr. Horman’s court filings also evidence an effort to keep Ms. Horman under constant public scrutiny, by filing multiple motions over time that could have been either avoided or filed jointly.

Consider this: Kaine Horman failed to mention in his June 28, 2010, restraining order application that he wanted his wife out of the house and, as a result, on July 1, 2010, filed an amended petition for restraints and asked for an expedited hearing.

“..This omission is an odd oversight, considering that Mr. Horman filed for divorce, took the parties’ child, but failed to ask for the house. Possession of the family home is such a basic issue it would seem impossible for a family law attorney to forget to mention it in a party’s opening paper…”

Filing a separate motion to seek return of the family home seems like a good strategy for someone seeking to keep the focus on Ms. Horman. It’s new information to the media, whereas the fact that Kryon remained missing and Mr. Horman and Ms. Young’s suspicions about Ms. Horman were yesterday’s headline.

Early on in criminal investigation and prior to the divorce filing, Mr. Horman described his wife in benign terms. As the weeks stretch on, these descriptions became increasingly negative. Mr. Horman and Ms. Young both stated their objective was to keep the focus on Kyron. In the absence of anything new to report, both parents embarked on a campaign to slowly heap increasing pressure on Ms. Horman to talk.

From the law enforcement perspective, Ms. Horman is a natural suspect, given her relationship to the victim and the fact that she was the last person known to have been seen with him. Except for anonymous leaks and rumors, the only people who have put their names to allegations are Mr. Horman and Kyron’s mother Desiree Young. Both claim their information comes from law enforcement, but both have disagreed at times as to the credibility of the information they shared publicly. Such was the case with Ms. Young’s claim that Kyron was last seen outside the school near a white truck, while Mr. Horman quickly corrected her, saying the information had not been confirmed.

“..Without Ms. Young and Det. Tony Young in the room, Mr. Horman seems to have gone off script and now cannot control his message nor his anger. Mr. Horman angrily complains about horrible things that might have happened in front of Kiara, yet he cannot say what exactly became of Kyron, and whether there is any evidence to suggest Kiara was a witness to this unspecified event…”

In his most recent pleadings, Mr. Horman angrily recounts that Ms. Horman claimed she was going to the gym, but since their separation, he has come to believe that she spent the time talking to people and flirting. The portrait of a social butterfly chatting people up at the gym for hours on end doesn’t quite fit with Mr. Horman’s other claims that she was an angry, depressed new mother who drank her self blotto and could not maintain any sort of civility toward those around her.

Which is it? Was Ms. Horman a mean drunk who drank herself to sleep, or was she self-absorbed and social, staying up to all hours playing on the Internet while her child sat in the same room unattended and unengaged? Or was she a social butterfly who spent most of her time outside the home while Mr. Horman was super dad, working long hours from home, caring for the children, and providing an income that he never could enjoy because Ms. Horman was spending it all? The claims are so disjointed, it is as though Mr. Horman decided to throw spaghetti at the wall, just to see what might stick.

Mr. Horman’s overreaching was foreshadowed in an earlier motion filed on July 12, 2010, alleging Ms. Horman had violated the court’s seal on the restraining order. The pleadings in the contempt matter went well beyond Mr. Horman’s claim that Ms. Horman allegedly disclosed confidential court papers to Michael Cook.

Mr. Horman asserted that Ms. Horman was involved with a sexual relationship with Mr. Cook and had sent him hundreds of text messages, most of which were sexual in nature (AKA “sexting”). These text messages allegedly included images of “graphic sexual activity,” though no such photos have been filed with the court.

“..Mr. Horman accused Ms. Horman of lacking any genuine affection for Kyron or Kiara saying that although her texts said she missed both children, the mentions were few. The implication of the narrative was that Ms. Horman could not possibly care about either child…”

Except for the specific passage alleging Ms. Horman shared a confidential document with Mr. Cook, none of the other allegations had anything to do with the underlying motion. None of these claims addressed the issue of whether Ms. Horman violated the court order, nor do they indicate any involvement by Ms. Horman in Kyron’s disappearance.

Mr. Horman went on to claim that an unnamed member or members of law enforcement “informed” him that the sexualized text messages “resemble” text messages sent to the “the man Respondent [Ms. Horman] previously attempted to hire to murder Petitioner [Mr. Horman].” Mr. Horman claimed in the same July 1 2court papers that Ms. Horman had asked Mr. Cook to lie to her attorney about “the fact that she had gone to Mr. Cook’s home.”

One news outlet found Mr. Horman’s pleadings so lurid it titled the document “sleazy.pdf” before posting it to its website.

On October 25, 2010, Mr. Horman finally filed the aforementioned text messages with the court, as an exhibit attached to his response to Ms. Horman’s parenting time request. A review of these document reveals that Ms. Horman never asked Mr. Cook to lie, nor did she speak of Kyron and Kiara in dismissive tones. Although most of the texts showed varying degrees of sexual discussion, there were also several texts that had nothing to do with Ms. Horman’s romantic attachments. Ms. Horman discussed cooking, eating “nutterbutter bites,” weight lifting, and their respective children.

..”Ms. Horman told Mr. Cook, “I was really upset that Kaine has Kitty but doesn’t know what her favorite toy or blanket is.”

-Terri Horman

A parent who does not care about her daughter would not waste a single moment worrying about her child having her favorite toy or blanket. The allegation that Mr. Horman did not know such basic information about his daughter provides motive for Mr. Horman to attempt to discredit Ms. Horman’s words as insincere. Otherwise, Ms. Horman’s words are truthful and reflect her historical relationship as primary caregiver to both children.

On July 28, 2010, Mr. Horman filed yet another motion demanding Ms. Horman reveal the source of funds used to pay her lawyer. It was as though Mr. Horman was asking how Ms. Horman could have ever come up with that kind of money, given her status as a social pariah?

The problem with Mr. Horman’s strategy of piecemeal litigation it does not serve the purpose of expediting litigation. Instead, it creates a lot of embarrassment and harassment for Ms. Horman.

Oregon is a no-fault divorce state. This means that either party can ask for a divorce without having to prove any wrongdoing. Oregon is also an “equitable distribution” state which means that the court divides property equitably between the parties. Issues like infidelity and rude behavior are not factors in whether a party is entitled to divorce, or in dividing up the parties assets.

Mr. Horman raises several issues about Ms. Horman’s alleged conduct citing them as as basis to award sole custody and care of Kiara. The allegations are such that it becomes difficult for Ms. Horman to leave any responses up to her lawyer, who would not have personal knowledge required to speak to the many issues he raises.

Ultimately, the court will consider the allegations made by each party, weigh the credibility and relevance of each claim as to parenting issues then enter a temporary order as to the care and custody of the child.

Mr. Horman claims in his October 25 filings that Ms. Horman has a five year history of alcohol impairment. In his statement to the court, Mr. Horman claimed that his wife “could have an undiagnosed personality disorder or some type of emotional disturbance.”

The most recent claims by Mr. Horman are contradicted by his prior assertions in media interviews, and the actual chronology of the Hormans’ relationship.

Mr. Horman met Ms. Horman in the spring of 2002. According to Mr. Horman, the couple moved in together in December 2002. The couple was living together when Ms. Horman was cited for DUI on July 10, 2005. Two years later, the couple moved to their home on NW Sheltered Nook Road in January 2007.

Despite the DUI, Mr. Horman nonetheless went on to marry Ms. Horman on April 15, 2007. Ms. Horman gave birth to Kiara on November 12, 2008.

In a prior interview with KGW, Mr. Horman called Ms. Horman “a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did. Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now.”

Mr. Horman told KGW that he was blindsided by Kyron’s disappearance: “There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen. She recently got her teaching license re-instated and has been applying for teaching positions so even the state of Oregon didn’t see this coming.”

The person described in Mr. Horman’s October 25 court papers is not someone who could be described as hidden danger. If believed, Mr. Horman’s most recent statement outline a terrifying picture of a five-year pattern of child abuse and endangerment. Mr. Horman could not possibly be telling the truth in both of his interview with KGW and in his more recent court papers.

Also in the October 25 filing, Mr. Horman claims that he has always been the primary caregiver to both Kiara and Kyron and describes Ms. Horman as frequently absent from their home, apparently leaving him with both children.

In a July 28, 2010, Oregonian article, Mr. Horman claimed Kiara was a much different child now that Ms. Horman was gone. He claimed Kiara did not ask about her mom. “‘She’s a new kid,’ he said. ‘She’s whole new kid now.’”

In a separate article, Mr. Horman discussed Ms. Horman’s excessive involvement in Kyron’s schooling and adamant enforcement of discipline. “He [Mr. Horman] said when Kyron brought home anything but a green card [indicating good behavior at school] she [Ms. Horman] wanted Kaine to discipline him by grounding him to his room for the evening.”

Mr. Horman also asserts in his October 25 court papers that Ms. Horman would put Kiara in the gym daycare for “hours at a time,” and further claimed that Ms. Horman “spent more time on the computer than caring for the children.” If Mr. Horman was home and providing primary care for the children, then how would Kiara have ended up in daycare for “hours at at time”? How would the children have remained unattended while Ms. Horman was updating her Facebook page?

Mr. Horman’s other narrative seems to indicate that Mr. Horman was not present in the home during the day, leaving Ms. Horman to care for the children. It also contradicts Mr. Horman’s escalating accusations that Ms. Horman was absent from the home, uninvolved, and not involved with the care of Kyron and Kiara.

Mr. Horman also claims in his pleadings that Ms. Horman’s son James lived with them until Feb 5, 2010, when he moved because Ms. Horman “was unable to interact with James on a healthy level and had him move to her parents’ home in Roseburg.”

Mr. Horman also claimed he was unaware of any landscaper, a detail which contradicts his most recent work-from-home story: “No, I did not know we had a landscaper and have never met him.” If he was at home, surely he would have known about a landscaper.

On July 8, 2010, Mr. Horman told the Oregonian that Ms. Horman began having problems with postpartum depression in November 2008.

“‘I thought the marriage was doing pretty well,’ Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, ‘until we had our daughter, Kiara.’ Horman said he thought his marriage to Terri Moulton Horman fractured within six months after she gave birth in November 2008, the result of postpartum depression.Terri Horman was put on medication for the depression, and her doctor told Kaine to keep an eye on her to make sure she was OK, he said. But she wasn’t OK.

If Mr. Horman thought Ms. Horman was a chronic danger to her children and Mr. Horman’s son,why did he not mention it prior to October 25, 2010? Could it be that Mr. Horman’s entire series of pleadings are designed to push Ms. Horman with ever-increasing allegations to the point where she has no choice but to respond?

There are other clues that Mr. Horman’s latest version of events is not entirely accurate. According to more recent news stories, James is again living with his mother. Strange, considering Mr. Horman’s claims that James changed high schools mid-semester and moved hundreds of miles because of Ms. Horman’s behavior.

There are also hints concerning law enforcement’s interest in the Horman dissolution. A June 6, 2010, letter from Norm W. Frink, chief deputy district attorney for Multnomah County, rescinded his statement that unsealing the restraining order would undermine the “ongoing criminal investigation.” If Ms. Horman was the target of the investigation, what purpose would be served by sealing court documents that were to be served upon Ms. Horman? The only other person identified in the pleadings was an unnamed landscaper alleged to have been contacted by Ms. Horman.

As we now know, the landscaper was involved in what has been characterized as a botched sting operation against Ms. Horman. As such, the only person protected by the the seal was Ms. Horman to the extent that the seal prevented the allegations from being disseminated publicly. Or could it be that law enforcement was concerned about accuracy of the information provided by the landscaper?

Law enforcement conducted its sting operation over open channels that were accessible to anyone listening on police channels. Was this an oversight, or was it a convenient way to ensure the information was released “unintentionally”?

If there was any blame for promoting a bogus murder for hire plot, law enforcement could point to Ms. Horman as bringing upon her own misery. She chose to disclose the documents, and as a result, the information was disseminated because of her actions in violating a court order, not law enforcement’s efforts to run out a possible lead, even if later proven false.

We don’t know what role Michael Cook played in the disclosure of the now-public restraining order. The texts between he and Ms. Horman seems to indicate Mr. Cook was not so much interested in sexual banter as much as he was in gathering information for Mr. Horman

The roles of Mr. Cook and the landscaper are highly relevant to evidentiary issues. If the landscaper was a confidential informant, the information he reported that was used as basis for the restraining order could not then be considered an admission against interest. Same thing applies to Mr. Cook.

Mr. Cook in particular seems not to be acting out of concern for Kyron. Who the hell smirks at a vigil for a missing child?)

Reading Mr. Cook’s texts to Terri, there’s a tone that suggests that someone was sitting right next to him, telling him what to type. If true, the question becomes who is that someone guiding Mr. Cook’s actions?

The sexting is weird, but it is hardly groundbreaking. The courts have heard such allegations many times before, and without a doubt, the court has seen far worse. That is not to see the court is going to like the texts. Rather, the judge here is going to look at the pleadings with a critical eye for issues that affect parenting time.

Mr. Horman does not offer any evidence that Ms. Horman ever sexted when she should have been parenting. To the contrary Ms. Horman’s lawyers can point to Mr. Horman’s other statements as evidence that Ms. Horman was the primary caregiver for James, Kyron, and Kiara. Her extensive collection of family photographs on her Facebook page support this assertion.

Mr. Horman cannot credibly claim that Ms. Horman was a threat to the children, considering that he often left the kids in her care. Mr. Horman did not have any concerns about Ms. Horman’s sobriety and fitness to care for the children the morning Kryon disappeared from school, as he left Kiara in her care and allowed her to take Kyron to school.

If she was a drunk and mean spirited, would Mr. Horman have have allowed Ms. Horman to have access to Kyron’s school records, and to become involved in his discipline? Ms. Horman was a stepparent to Kyron. She had no rights except to that which Mr. Horman granted in signed consent forms required by Kyron’s school.

The text messages are racy, but they do not indicate any homicidal tendencies or ill will toward anyone. Nothing in the texts is homicidal by any stretch.

Mr. Horman’s source for his allegations poses a huge problem here. He cites to “law enforcement” as telling him Ms. Horman tried to hire a hit-man, and as to other issues. Not one of these allegations is admissible under any exception to hearsay. The fact that Mr. Horman does not identify the source is a problem in itself. This information might as well be graffiti on the wall of the public bathroom at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office.

Were Mr. Horman to say that he read an allegation on the a bathroom wall at the MCSO would at least give it some sort of context that would suggest credibility. Mr. Horman’s vague claim makes it impossible to identify which law enforcement office among thousands in the United States might have conveyed such information. Without further identification, the reader cannot tell if the “source” was in a position to have any such knowledge in the first place.

The hearsay allegations offered by Mr. Horman allege child abuse and domestic violence. Under the Confrontation Clause, Ms. Horman has a right to confront her accusers. Ms. Horman does not need to speak in order for her lawyers to cross examine the sources of these allegations.

“..Mr. Horman claims that judges believe there is sufficient information to implicate Ms. Horman in Kyron’s disappearance. This begs the question: How is it that Mr. Horman is getting this information?”

It seems likely that Mr. Horman is referring to search warrants, which require reliable information that the item sought can be found at that location. If Mr. Horman was in fact referring to search warrants, it would be very interesting to find out who provided the information for the searches and what exactly was law enforcement looking for?

If Mr. Horman was the informant, it raises questions as to motive

(Read more at link)

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/10/29/kyron-horman-case-update-blinkoncrime-com-legal-analyst-lea-conner-weighs-in/
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm surprised all the more that Kaine's lawyer drew up such a motion! Thanks for that posting, johnabelle~
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by lc Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Thank you for posting that, Johnabelle. Very interesting read.

lc

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeMac Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Put very well! Thanks for the post johnabelle.

DeeMac

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 pm

thanks for bringing that over, johnabelle.

It's really good to read so many of Kaine's discrepancies in one place. Cool
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by johnabelle Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 pm

You're all welcome. I had been planning to try and find all the contradictions and put them together, so I was glad to find a link where someone had already done that. Would you believe that even with all these contraditions and lies, there are still some on other sites who don't see anything questionable where Kaine is concerned?
johnabelle
johnabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mircea Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:27 am

LottieM wrote:I'm a believer in that innocent people generally don't recall the details so well as those who are 'paying special attention to the day' in anticipation of needing to recite them later on.

No doubt.

johnabelle wrote:Long article, but a good read. I've posted less than half.

Mr. Horman asserted that Ms. Horman was involved with a sexual relationship with Mr. Cook and had sent him hundreds of text messages, most of which were sexual in nature (AKA “sexting”). These text messages allegedly included images of “graphic sexual activity,” though no such photos have been filed with the court.

Mr. Horman also claimed he was unaware of any landscaper, a detail which contradicts his most recent work-from-home story: “No, I did not know we had a landscaper and have never met him.” If he was at home, surely he would have known about a landscaper.

As we now know, the landscaper was involved in what has been characterized as a botched sting operation against Ms. Horman. As such, the only person protected by the the seal was Ms. Horman to the extent that the seal prevented the allegations from being disseminated publicly. Or could it be that law enforcement was concerned about accuracy of the information provided by the landscaper?

Law enforcement conducted its sting operation over open channels that were accessible to anyone listening on police channels. Was this an oversight, or was it a convenient way to ensure the information was released “unintentionally”?

We don’t know what role Michael Cook played in the disclosure of the now-public restraining order. The texts between he and Ms. Horman seems to indicate Mr. Cook was not so much interested in sexual banter as much as he was in gathering information for Mr. Horman

Reading Mr. Cook’s texts to Terri, there’s a tone that suggests that someone was sitting right next to him, telling him what to type. If true, the question becomes who is that someone guiding Mr. Cook’s actions?

Mr. Horman’s source for his allegations poses a huge problem here. He cites to “law enforcement” as telling him Ms. Horman tried to hire a hit-man, and as to other issues. Not one of these allegations is admissible under any exception to hearsay. The fact that Mr. Horman does not identify the source is a problem in itself. This information might as well be graffiti on the wall of the public bathroom at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office.

“..Mr. Horman claims that judges believe there is sufficient information to implicate Ms. Horman in Kyron’s disappearance. This begs the question: How is it that Mr. Horman is getting this information?”

It seems likely that Mr. Horman is referring to search warrants, which require reliable information that the item sought can be found at that location. If Mr. Horman was in fact referring to search warrants, it would be very interesting to find out who provided the information for the searches and what exactly was law enforcement looking for?

If Mr. Horman was the informant, it raises questions as to motive

That's what I call the "stink of desperation."

Looks like he's the one becoming unglued.

Mircea

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am

johnabelle wrote:You're all welcome. I had been planning to try and find all the contradictions and put them together, so I was glad to find a link where someone had already done that. Would you believe that even with all these contraditions and lies, there are still some on other sites who don't see anything questionable where Kaine is concerned?

I believe it because Diz and Kaine and Tony started out banded together against Terri so soon and kept TERRI -rather then Kyron- in the public eye for so long...even giving scheduled pressers for weeks to advance their "Terri did it" agenda.

I bolded 'scheduled' because I think they wanted to make sure they planned what to promote against Terri rather than have to respond get caught off guard to random questions unprepared for the proper spin they were determined to put out there about Terri. It was methodical!

From the beginning those 3 did NOT focus on finding Kyron. They focused only on Terri coming clean. Too many people surmise that they wouldn't do that unless they knew they were on the right track. I mean, why would the entire family band together and blame Terri on mere speculation? If the goal was to find Kyron, then all doors should have remained open where the family was concerned (just in case they were wrong about Terri), right? So all their focus on "Terri knows more" etc, kept the public eye on not looking for Kyron until Terri came clean....it was a waiting game for the public since Terri knew all and just had to say it. Add that the 3 of them perpetuated the idea that they were also SURE Kryon was still alive, and the public has no reason to really worry about Kryon at all...just wait till Terri finally speaks.

I think Kaine is an idiot...but alas, an idiot who doesn't like to be wrong. I think Kaine was led into the 'Terri did it' game by Diz and Tony and rather than back up and say he was a sheep he keeps on making remarks - contradictory at times- toward the 'Terri did it' end because he's not man enough to admit he was led to (and wanted to) believe Terri would do this awful thing. I think Kaine is probably now really hoping Terri did do it so he'll end up being right, but in the beginning I think he wanted to believe Terri did it so he'd not have to face the prospect that some real horrible person might have his son.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by LottieM Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 am

If Kaine had not blamed Terri from jump street, what course might this case have taken?

If Kaine had stood beside his opinion that Terri was a good mother to Kryon, might Terri have been a valuable tool for discerning who might really have had an interest and opportunity to lure Kyron away? She was the one who was with him the most, especially around the school where she might have been able to reflect on certain persons who may have paid particular interest in Kryon.

If it had just been Diz and Tony blaming Terri from the onset and Kaine had remained neutral at least, I don't think the public nor LE would have been so keen on focusing on Terri. Kaine was the glue that would hold the "Terri did it" story together.

I think Kaine needs to kick his own ass for siding with Diz and Tony against Terri so early on.
LottieM
LottieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:37 am

johnabelle wrote:You're all welcome. I had been planning to try and find all the contradictions and put them together, so I was glad to find a link where someone had already done that. Would you believe that even with all these contraditions and lies, there are still some on other sites who don't see anything questionable where Kaine is concerned?

Thanks johnabelle, very interesting read. I was shocked an attorney would even write that stuff up and file it in a legal motion.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velocity Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 am

purpleprincess wrote:I really believe that Terri loved Kyron and that was her motivation for what she did - which is why I am still very hopeful that Kyron is still alive.. I believe she may have done what she did because Kyron was being sexually abused or that she was scared of losing her son if Kaine and Terri divorced.. something like that..

I think Terri's motive was somewhere in the story line, didn't Kaine threaten to have supervised visits with their younger daughter Keira? I think Terri had motive to take Kyron away from Kaine like Kaine did to Terri, If that made sence, sorry if I dont make sense I'm new to the forum :)
Velocity
Velocity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 am

Welcome to RC, Velocity! Very Happy
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Velocity Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks :) hope the little guy if brought home soon, breaks my heart to hear him still out there Sad
Velocity
Velocity

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Velocity, breaks my heart too.

Where is Kyron????
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 am

Very interesting article over at Blink's:

HOLD THE PHONE
November 2, 2010

In what can only be considered the latest bombshell development in the case of missing Portland boy, 7 year old Kyron Horman, blinkoncrime.com has discovered that the recent sexually graphic text messages or sexts, allegedly exchanged between Terri Horman and mutual friend Michael Cook, may have been altered. Definitely, alter-able.

Blinkoncrime.com has confirmed that the phone number which Kaine hand-wrote on the originally sealed emergency restraining order dated June 28, 2010, matches the cell phone number he also alleges, through his attorney Laura Rackner, was used by Michael Cook to RECEIVE the “sext” messages in question.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#more-4753

Last edited by Piper on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am

~Snipped~
This afternoon, blinkoncrime.com contributing editor and Legal Analyst, Lea Conner weighed in:

Kaine Horman claims that law enforcement provided the texts records to him, but that does not mean that the records came from the cell phone provider, nor does it mean that the conversations involve Michael Cook or Terri Horman.

In fact, there are indications that the text message transcripts filled by Mr. Horman are not as they appear. At least one of the phones purported to belong to “Michael Cook” is registered to Kaine Horman.

Just as important, none of these records indicate any information about the texts Mr. Horman alleges were sent by his wife. Mr. Horman does not list any cell phone number, not one message ID, not one cell record that indicates the identity of other party to the conversation let alone indicating Ms. Horman as the other party to the text message “conversations.” In the case of the phone with the “503″ prefix (503-XXX-XX76), Mr. Horman is the registered owner of the phone that was purportedly sending texts as “Michael Cook.”

More bizarre, Mr. Horman listed this number as belonging to Terri Horman in his application for a temporary restraining order. Was this a slip on the part of Mr. Horman? Mr. Horman claimed in a motion for remedial contempt that Ms. Horman showed a copy of the restraining order to Mr. Cook and allowed him to photograph the document.

Read the rest!
http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/#more-4753
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next