Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

+24
vegret
Soprano1
Lash
glazier
Alessandra_Deux
Weeziethm
Hunters G-ma
Snaz
Chickenbutt
Freckles
angiefly2
justanopinion
nanshin
dqcaz
khintx
Nene_Please
snowbird
lostyou
KathyNY
Tamta
sitemama
Julie
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

where is precious Alya?

The start of hunting season is raising hopes that hunters walking through the Maine woods will aid in the search for toddler Ayla Reynolds, who went missing in December of 2011, CBS affiliate WABI reports.

The child was reported missing from her father's house almost a year ago.

Police believe she is dead but some followers of a website dedicated to finding answers regarding her disappearance believe that she may be alive and that hunters could help.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57534219-504083/ayla-reynolds-update-maine-hunting-season-raises-some-hope-of-finding-missing-toddler/

it's heartbreaking to think little Alya is out there somewhere, it's painful to imagine. Poor Trista, I feel terribly for her and her family, I pray she is found and Justin has his sorry ass arrested along with the other 2, I still can't understand why he was so hell bent on getting custody of Alya during the time of Trista's treatment. I wonder if there was an SSI check involved, I wonder why he had to have her to, as it turns out, possibly murder her. Just speculating. Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11

Post by Tamta Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Did we know this tidbit??

Huff Post

Reynolds said police confirmed to her that DiPietro walked out of an interview when he was confronted with photos showing Ayla's blood in the basement. They also confirmed that before dialing 911 the morning that Ayla was reported missing, DiPietro called his friend, an insurance agent who wrote a life insurance policy on Ayla.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121213/us-missing-maine-toddler/?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=politics

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the update Tamta.

All of the missing children are special, but I thought little Ayla was so happy and sweet, dancing, and playing. I feel terribly for Trista, and imo, this is just another case of LE not having enough evidence to make the arrest, yet, they know Justin knows what happened to Alya as do the 2 females that were in the house. I wonder if that life insurance policy has paid off, BUT, imo, they may need remains to confirm she is dead before they pay. A terrible thought.

I still couldn't figure out the real timeline in this case, if you suspect someone murdered a child, imo, they are going to lie about everything, even the last possible sighting of the child besides those of the adults in the house. Who else can verify the last time Ayla was actually seen?

The same is true in the case of Sky Metawala, there is a fuzzy timeline in his case too, no one had seen little SKY for over 2 weeks before Julia claimed he was abducted, or taken from the van she left on the high way.

Precious Alya, another child, imo, that has been disposed of by a POS parent.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/year-maines-ayla-reynolds-case-mystery-17966945#.UMqliG_omk0

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am

Police to update Ayla Reynolds case Friday afternoon

10:27 AM, Dec 14, 2012
Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 120531020749_ayla4

Written by
Ken Christian

WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) - Police plan to give an update on the case of toddler Ayla Reynolds nearly a year after she was reported missing from her Waterville home.

Ayla was 20 months old when her father told police on Dec. 17 of last year that she was missing. Her disappearance prompted searches by Waterville and state police, game wardens and FBI agents who canvassed neighborhoods, lowered streams and sent divers into the Kennebec River.

State police say investigators on Friday afternoon will hold a news conference to discuss the case.

Read more:

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/224842/2/Police-to-update-Ayla-Reynolds-case-Friday-afternoon
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Ayla Reynolds case approaches first anniversary

5:51 PM, Dec 14, 2012

Video - Click to Play

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The Ayla Reynolds case has become one of the most baffling mysteries in Maine.

Almost a year has passed since the toddler disappeared from the Waterville home she was staying at with her father. Investigators say they have made progress in the case but they appear no more closer to announcing an arrest than were soon after the child disappeared.

State police say it has now become the biggest criminal investigation in state history and no doubt one of the most emotional ones.

"This is a case that has pulled at the heart strings of all of us, that's why we're so committed to following it through to the end", said Waterville Police Chief Joe Massey.

Read more:

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/224901/2/Ayla-Reynolds-case-approaches-first-anniversary
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 am

Tamta wrote:Did we know this tidbit??

Huff Post

Reynolds said police confirmed to her that DiPietro walked out of an interview when he was confronted with photos showing Ayla's blood in the basement. They also confirmed that before dialing 911 the morning that Ayla was reported missing, DiPietro called his friend, an insurance agent who wrote a life insurance policy on Ayla.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121213/us-missing-maine-toddler/?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=politics

Thanks for bringing that to the forefront.
The friend had been questioned, IIRC. Supposedly he was asking about the life ins. for his daughter in November.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 am

From above link:

" Nationally, about 800,000 children and teens are reported missing each year, said Robert Lowery from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Most are soon resolved in all states, but the number of unresolved cases is uncommonly low in Maine, a mostly rural state with a low crime rate."

" Each month in Maine, police receive more than 100 calls about missing children, most of whom are runaways and return home in a day or two. Over the past four decades, that adds up to thousands of runaways, along with kids who become lost or are abducted."

How is it "we" can be concerned over a few missing kids but can't see the forest of missing ones? Almost a million a year (and probably well over that number if adults are added in) and NO ONE in ANY governmental level is raising a fuss?

Each month, in Maine alone, over 100 calls of missing children. Multiply that times 12 for 1200 a year. Now multiply that times 50 for the fifty states and you have an unacceptable number: 60,000 (Somehow, the numbers they presented do not add up. I have heard, from other sources, however, the 800,000 to be more correct.)

WHERE ARE OUR CHILDREN?

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:05 am

Freckles wrote:
Tamta wrote:Did we know this tidbit??

Thanks for bringing that to the forefront.
The friend had been questioned, IIRC. Supposedly he was asking about the life ins. for his daughter in November.

I find it even more disturbing that in November he was asking about ins... and then wrote a policy on the day of disappearance...
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

Ayla Reynolds case: If it’s DNA, it’s probably blood, expert says

By Ben McCanna bmccanna@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

9:18 AM
(December 20, 2012)

WATERVILLE — When an attorney for Ayla Reynolds’ paternal family announced Friday that DNA found in the toddler’s home might not be blood, it led many to ponder two questions:

• If it isn’t blood, then what is it?

• If investigators found Ayla’s DNA, couldn’t they determine the type of substance it came from?

~Snipped~

The questions were raised last week when Steve Bourget — an Augusta lawyer who represents the missing toddler’s grandmother and aunt — said police told his clients that DNA evidence found in the toddler’s basement belongs to Ayla, but it isn’t “necessarily blood,” he said.

~Snipped~

Police haven’t commented on Bourget’s claim about the DNA evidence, but Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Wednesday that “there has been no change in any of our previous statements.”

In January, McCausland said investigators found blood belonging to the 20-month-old girl in the basement of 29 Violette Ave. — the home where the toddler reportedly was seen last. McCausland wouldn’t disclose how much blood investigators found, but said they used the chemical luminol to find it.

Read more:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Ayla-Reynolds-case-If-its-DNA-its-probably-blood-expert-says.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:33 pm

WATERVILLE -- Investigators have rescheduled a meeting with the mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds.

Trista Reynolds said Friday that a sergeant from Maine State Police called her that morning to reschedule the appointment for next week.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/investigators-to-meet-with-aylas-mother_2012-12-28.html

They had talk to the father but postponed a meeting with the mother and never gave her a new date. Now maybe they will shed some light or a least talk to her just to make her feel like they are not advoiding her.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

Ayla Reynolds' mother says police cancel meeting

December 28, 2012

Snip - She told the Morning Sentinel (http://bit.ly/YUNvHe) that investigators were planning to show her items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during a search on April 25.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/2012/12/28/ayla-reynolds-mother-says-police-cancel-meeting/P7YjhXI1Z6A9asH05v3e6H/story.html
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Lash wrote:Ayla Reynolds' mother says police cancel meeting

December 28, 2012

Snip - She told the Morning Sentinel (http://bit.ly/YUNvHe) that investigators were planning to show her items that were recovered from the Kennebec River during a search on April 25.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/2012/12/28/ayla-reynolds-mother-says-police-cancel-meeting/P7YjhXI1Z6A9asH05v3e6H/story.html

I may not be thinking this all the way through, but the only reason I could see for this would possibly be if the meeting with Justin uncovered incriminating evidence based upon the things found. For example, if Justin were not told all the articles found, and he happened to make statements about things the police had not shared with him, or if he made knowledgeable comments about the condition of the articles found. The police have ways of leading suspected persons into admitting their own demise. It's incredibly frustrating for those who are not guilty to endure this process, but it is a necessary one to eliminate the innocent and catch the guilty in their own knowledge.

If this is the case, they may worry that a meeting with anyone else would compromise the investigation, especially as much as Trista's been in the public eye lately. Of course, she should be - she's calling attention to the search for her daughter. But, she's being asked questions by friends, family, reporters, and everyone. The less information she has (if LE is confident at this juncture that the info THEY have is actually leading somewhere fast), the better for her and for the investigation. That keeps the pressure off her to keep quiet about things, because LE knows it wouldn't take much for a single mother of two babies, one of whom has been missing for a year, to crack under pressure or accidentally say something publicly without thinking. She is also safer, and so is her son. The DiPietros are not known for their gracious, understanding, and controlled behavior. Should she publicly release info, they are likely to launch back into flagrant manipulation of her, possibly threatening her or even her son. Justin spent a large amount of time manipulating her (as we've seen through transcripts), even while her baby was missing. I would think he knows just how to get to her, and LE knows it, too. They will not allow her to possess information that could possibly put her in any danger. The more clueless Justin thinks she is, the better.

Also, if there is info that Justin inadvertently revealed, LE wants to be sure that no similar info was ever given to them by Trista - that would be almost a freebie for a defense lawyer.

I'm hoping that it's not just LE being inconsiderate. It seems, of course, that if they unofficially suspect Justin&Co., and still were willing to "meet with" him, that nothing would prevent them from also meeting with Trista, unless something of substance were uncovered during the meeting with Justin. Do we know the nature of the "meeting?" Are we sure it wasn't more along the lines of an interrogation? I would think Justin could only go so long without cracking, and in light of possible evidence found, he might be wearing down. We'll see.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Ayla Reynolds Among Unsolved Cases of 2012

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 Ayla+%25281%2529

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2013/01/ayla-reynolds-among-unsolved-cases-of.html?showComment=1357135137037
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 am

The link below has a message from Trista's step-father Jeff and it is not good news. Even though they have not found Ayla, the web site explains some of what the police have told Trista back in December. I do not tink the police would state this if it was not true but lets all pray that maybe, just maybe this time they are wrong and she is still alive. Please take a mintue to say a prayer for Ayla and all these kids that are missing. Seems we maybe the only people that care.

http://www.aylareynolds.com/
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 am

Nene - Could you copy/paste the message from Jeff and post it here? TIA
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Lash wrote:Nene - Could you copy/paste the message from Jeff and post it here? TIA

I tried but it can not be copied.
It says that the police met with Trista back in December and showed her the items from the river and she could not idenitfy any of them. They also ask her not to release any details of this meeting because it could jeoparize the case but she was informed of unequivocal evidence that conclused the state police to believe that Ayla is no longer alive. That is what lead to the reward to be withdrawl. I guess until the police let us the public know, we will have to go by what is posted. You can also read on "United for Ayla", the "Parting Ways" section where Jeff comments to the members on there on what these means. Wish I was smart enough to sit down and type all on the website but I have to go to work. Maybe someone on here is able to copy it.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:49 pm

OMG that song in the last post above just breaks my heart. My daughter, Kim, had a Bette Midler tape playing when the police entered her house the night she was killed, and they said The Rose was playing at the time.

We had a good friend of ours sing The Rose at Kim's funeral, and on Mother's Day and Christmas my kids give me a single rose. That means so much to me, more than a dozen roses would.

sucker that's why I like this emoticon so much. It is The Rose.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Ok I finally found a newspaper tha wote a story on it. Maybe Lash this will help understand.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/ayla-reynolds-relative-posts-information-about-meeting-with-investigators_2013-02-11.html

WATERVILLE -- The maternal family of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds has broken its silence regarding a January meeting with investigators.

click image to enlarge

Ayla Reynolds

Contributed photo

Select images available for purchase in the
Maine Today Photo Store

On Sunday, Ayla's step-grandfather posted a brief summary of the meeting on his website, saying that investigators told Trista Reynolds that there is "unequivocal evidence" that her daughter Ayla is dead. Police, however, won't confirm the claim.

Jeff Hanson, the step-grandfather and webmaster for aylareynolds.com, also wrote that investigators shared photographs of items that were found in the Kennebec River during searches by state police last spring, but "Trista could not identify the items as Ayla's."

Reynolds, a Gorham resident, said he was asked by investigators to withhold additional details from the meeting because it could jeopardize the case, according to the website.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said he had "no reaction" to the website's claims, adding that the information shared during that meeting "is between us and her."

"I'm not going to get into specifics other than to repeat what I've said: We think it's unlikely (Ayla) is still alive," he said.

Investigators met with Reynolds on Jan. 3 for a review of the investigation into the toddler's disappearance, McCausland said. Reynolds did not respond to a request for comment, but in December she said investigators were planning to show her evidence that had been gathered, including items that were recovered during searches near the Lockwood Dam.

A similar meeting took place in October, when investigators met with members of Ayla's paternal family from Waterville: father, Justin DiPietro, aunt, Elisha DiPietro and grandmother, Phoebe DiPietro.

Steve Bourget, an attorney for Phoebe and Elisha DiPietro, has said the October meeting included an update of the investigation and a review of the physical evidence that has been collected. The family was told that DNA discovered in the basement of the Violette Avenue home belonged to Ayla, but it wasn't necessarily blood, Bourget said.

McCausland, during a press conference in December, described the October meeting with the paternal family as a frank conversation. In January, McCausland wouldn't characterize the tone of the meeting with Trista Reynolds other than to say investigators "gave her specifics that we felt a mother should know," he said.

Investigators have not had a similar meeting with Courtney Roberts -- a Portland woman who was at the Violette Avenue home the night before Ayla was reported missing. The meetings were only for Ayla's family members, McCausland said.

McCausland said the case is still open and active, but there have been no new developments. State police continue to receive some tips in the case, but the numbers have "declined greatly."

Ayla was reported missing on Dec. 17, 2011, by her father. No one has been named as a suspect. Justin DiPietro contends that Ayla was abducted. Police say a kidnapping did not happen and they believe the three adults who saw her last -- her father, aunt and Roberts -- are withholding information in the case.

Since Ayla's disappearance, Hanson has reported some information through his websites, including the discovery of Ayla's DNA in the basement, which was later verified by McCausland.

In May, McCausland announced that investigators believe Ayla is likely dead. State police are asking that anyone with information call them at 624-7076.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 am

Nene - Thank you for the article and finding more info :)

I also looked at the new website - The Parting Ways section was helpful.

http://justiceforayla.blogspot.com/

Sadly, I think drugs and alcohol played a big part in what happened here. Parents that are too drugged up to care for their children. When something happens they're more afraid of getting busted for drugs/neglect than caring about the death of their child. They're afraid of jail and disposing of their own child is worth not going to jail.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

Lash wrote:Nene - Thank you for the article and finding more info :)

I also looked at the new website - The Parting Ways section was helpful.

http://justiceforayla.blogspot.com/

Sadly, I think drugs and alcohol played a big part in what happened here. Parents that are too drugged up to care for their children. When something happens they're more afraid of getting busted for drugs/neglect than caring about the death of their child. They're afraid of jail and disposing of their own child is worth not going to jail.

You are welcome. This is one child that I will keep up with until the family has their answers. I believe the same thing that drugs are the reason so many kids are missing. Wish they would just give them all to me cause I have a big heart and plenty of room to love them all. I raise 3 and now have 8 grandkids and lost the oldest granddaughter when she was 5 months old due to her rolling off the bed into some blankets that were set up to keep her from getting hurt. Her daddy and her were taking a nap and my daughter was at work. I grieve to this day but try to remember the words my daughter said at her funeral "how can I cry over someone that brought me so much joy". Wish these other parents felt that way and none of these kids would be missing. I take those words to heart and still cry but smile alot knowing she was loved.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:27 pm

RE: Ayla Reynolds
"McCausland, Stephen"
To: Karen Griffin

Excellent suggestion – thank you

Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 11:19 AM
To: McCausland, Stephen
Subject: Ayla Reynolds

I am writing in reference to why is Ayla Reynolds is not listed on your web site as to missing or kidnapped? As one person that keeps up with the info on this case it just seems that it has been said that this was one of the biggest cases in Maine but her picture or info is not listed on here. Would like to see this info on this site so anyone that sees the flyers out there and do not get a chance to write the contact info down, maybe they may remember this site and can look here for it. Would like to see anything that would help in finding her be available on all sites connected with the police departments that are aiding in her search. I am not a family member or anyone connected to this case but just a concerned citizen that. would like her found

Thanks,
Karen Griffin

Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 pm

I sent this out today because reading this was the biggest missing child case in Maine but the Maine State Police did not have her picture on their web site had you questioning why they did not. Their response was very quick and I really hope she is found before they post it. Their are alot of groups doing flyers all over Maine due to so many people that visit for the summer. Any info keeping her face and name out there is great but I was concerned that if someone did not get to read it all and wnet to their web site and did not see her picture there, they would think it was resolved. That posting here would remind people that she is still missing and still please be on the lookout for her. Thanks.

Nene_Please wrote:RE: Ayla Reynolds
"McCausland, Stephen"
To: Karen Griffin

Excellent suggestion – thank you

Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 11:19 AM
To: McCausland, Stephen
Subject: Ayla Reynolds

I am writing in reference to why is Ayla Reynolds is not listed on your web site as to missing or kidnapped? As one person that keeps up with the info on this case it just seems that it has been said that this was one of the biggest cases in Maine but her picture or info is not listed on here. Would like to see this info on this site so anyone that sees the flyers out there and do not get a chance to write the contact info down, maybe they may remember this site and can look here for it. Would like to see anything that would help in finding her be available on all sites connected with the police departments that are aiding in her search. I am not a family member or anyone connected to this case but just a concerned citizen that. would like her found

Thanks,
Karen Griffin

Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Awesome Nene, great job! I always check the news for any info. about Ayla, hoping for something, sadly there's usually nothing Sad
lostyou
lostyou

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 pm

lostyou wrote:Awesome Nene, great job! I always check the news for any info. about Ayla, hoping for something, sadly there's usually nothing Sad

I wonder why they have not done this before now. I know though this will not happen overnight because they will have to get a programmer to add this to their web site. I am also curious to what they will list her as. She is not on the missing or homicide list so I wonder where they will post this. She needs to be on the front page because they have said this was the biggest case going on in Maine. I pray they find her before they get it on their web site. I will check on there end of every week and will link it once they do it.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 pm

From a Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Ayla?hc_location=timeline

Missing Baby Ayla Reynolds' Father Allegedly Took a 2-Hour Trip Before Reporting Her Missing: Missing toddler Ayla Reynolds' step-grandfather, Jeff Hanson, offered startling new revelations concerning her reported disappearance in an e-mail exchange Tuesday. Acting as family spokesperson, Hanson wants to share with the public some of the information Trista Reynolds, the baby's mother, learned from conversations with Maine State Police investigators. Among that information, Ayla's father, Justin DiPietro, took a 160-mile drive before dialing 911.

Where Did DiPietro Go?

At 8:41 a.m. Dec. 17, 2011, DiPietro dialed 911, reporting Ayla missing from her bed in his mother's Waterville home. A family friend, Angela Harry, claims to have told Justin's version of events at a now-removed blog post, preserved on a statement analysis website. The discovery Ayla was gone occurred about 8:30, Harry wrote. In the corrected version of the story, she said DiPietro's sister, Elisha, told his girlfriend Courtney Roberts, who'd spent the night with DiPietro, that Ayla was missing, and Roberts went downstairs to tell DiPietro.

What Hanson says investigators told Reynolds happened that morning conflicts with the version of events published by Harry. Before making that 911 call, DiPietro allegedly took a trip of approximately 160 miles, to Portland and back.

"He told police he drove to Portland because he thought Trista had taken Ayla," Hanson said. But not only was Trista living in South Portland rather than Portland, DiPietro did not contact her or any of her family that morning.

Both DiPietro and Roberts rented apartments in Portland, but Hanson did not know if one of those apartments was DiPietro's destination. He said investigators are considering the possibility the trip's purpose was disposal of Ayla's body.

Before calling 911 that morning, DiPietro also called his longtime friend, Derek Tudela, in Winslow, Hanson says investigators told Trista. Tudela had sold DiPietro insurance on Ayla's life less than eight weeks earlier. Tudela is also the last publicly identified, non-family witness claiming to have seen Ayla at the DiPietro house Dec. 16. Roberts has not said publicly whether or not she saw Ayla when she stayed at the house that night.

What Police Found in the Diversion Channel

Police searching for evidence in the case found two items in the diversion channel near Hathaway Arts Center. Hanson, blogging as "Answers for Ayla," identified those items on the blog United4Ayla Tuesday as two blankets, about the size for a single bed. One had a pink and brown checkered pattern, and the other was white with blue angels and the words "God Bless." The latter blanket style is associated with baby gifts.

Trista did not recognize the blankets, Hanson noted. Justin allegedly offered no response when investigators showed him the blankets.

Maine State Police public information officer Stephen McCausland did not respond to an email requesting confirmation of Hanson's report by press time. Justin DiPietro could not be reached as his telephone number apparently is not listed in a public directory.

Why Now?

Trista Reynolds' last sit-down with investigators occurred in January when, according to AylaReynolds.com , investigators shared "unequivocal evidence" Ayla died in DiPietro's house. Hanson explained, "I put off posting the information on Ayla's site for more than a month because we had our closure. I came to decide that the people who have been fighting for Ayla from the beginning also deserved to know the truth."

Hanson is realistic about potential reaction to his words, after experiencing a year of blogosphere reactions ranging from fully supportive to hostile.

"I realize that people are going to believe what they want," he said, "and it is not in me to convince them otherwise as we are only interested in the justice of bringing Ayla home now."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-father-took-2-hour-road-trip-174500977.html
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm

I came hoping there was some news.
Sad
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:25 am

Yeah, me too. :-(
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 am

Ayla's father arrested for unrelated domestic violence charges

2:32 AM, Jul 15, 2013

By Jackie Ward

Portland, MAINE (NEWS CENTER) -- Justin DiPietro, the father of Ayla Reynolds, the little girl who disappeared from DiPietro's home nearly two years ago, was arrested last week on a charge of domestic violence.

According to police records, officers were called to a home on Spring Street in Portland just after midnight on Sunday, July 7th. Not much is known about the specifics, only that DiPietro was arrested and charged with domestic violence assault. Police have not given us any information about the victim.

Read more:

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/249781/2/Aylas-father-arrested-for-unrelated-domestic-violence-charges
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 130715103945_Dipietro

Ayla Reynolds' father arrested for unrelated domestic violence charges

10:40 AM, Jul 15, 2013

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/249781/2/Aylas-father-arrested-for-unrelated-domestic-violence-charges
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Ayla Reynolds Update: Father of missing Maine toddler charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend

July 15, 2013 12:26 PM

(CBS/AP) PORTLAND, Maine - The father of Ayla Reynolds, a missing Maine toddler whose disappearance drew national attention, is facing a charge of domestic violence assault after he allegedly pushed his ex-girlfriend.

Portland police say Justin DiPietro of Waterville, Maine was arrested at 11:15 p.m. July 6 after a lieutenant saw him grab and push a woman on a street. Officials identified her as DiPietro's former girlfriend and said she wasn't injured.

~Snipped~

DiPietro, who is free on bail, couldn't be reached for comment. His cellphone number is no longer in service, and a new number in his name could not be located.

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57593767-504083/ayla-reynolds-update-father-of-missing-maine-toddler-charged-with-assaulting-ex-girlfriend/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Ayla Reynolds' dad pleads not guilty to unrelated assault charge

Justin DiPietro was initially absent from court, leading to the threat of an arrest warrant.

The Associated Press

Posted: 9:54 AM
Updated: 3:27 PM

PORTLAND — The father of Ayla Reynolds, the toddler whose disappearance generated national attention, pleaded not guilty to an unrelated assault charge after arriving late for court Thursday.

Justin DiPietro, 26, was initially absent from court, leading to the threat of an arrest warrant. Reporters had left by the time he arrived later to enter his plea.

DiPietro was arrested July 6 for allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend in Portland, but was out on bail.

Read more:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Ayla-Reynolds-father-skips-court-date-warrant-out-for-his-arrest.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds shows up late for court appearance, pleads not guilty

By Seth Koenig, BDN Staff
Posted July 25, 2013, at 9:02 a.m.
Last modified July 25, 2013, at 12:18 p.m.

PORTLAND, Maine — The father of toddler Ayla Reynolds, whose disappearance in late 2011 triggered the largest criminal investigation in Maine history, showed up late for a court appearance Thursday, then pleaded not guilty to an unrelated domestic violence charge, according to a Cumberland County clerk’s office spokeswoman.

When he did not initially appear in court, a warrant was issued for Justin DiPietro’s arrest, but that warrant was revoked after he appeared later Thursday morning to plead not guilty, the spokeswoman said by phone.

The Reynolds case remains unsolved.

Read more:

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/07/25/news/portland/father-of-missing-toddler-ayla-reynolds-shows-up-late-for-court-appearance-pleads-not-guilty/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Posted: 2:27 PM
Updated: 3:28 PM
Trista Reynolds to reveal horrific evidence in Ayla's disappearance

" ... Trista Reynolds wrote that she will release the evidence through two websites on Sept. 24 and hold a press conference in Portland’s Lincoln Park the next day.

The conference is planned to start just after Justin DiPietro, Ayla’s father, is scheduled to appear at nearby Cumberland County Superior Court on a domestic-violence charge unrelated to his daughter’s case on Sept. 25...."

" ...On her website, Reynolds said the evidence she’ll describe was given to her by state police on Jan. 3. Reynolds wrote that she hopes the evidence she provides to the public will be enough to prosecute DiPietro...."

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Trista-Reynolds-to-hold-press-conference.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Ayla Reynolds' father back in jail for violating bail conditions

4:28 PM, Sep 9, 2013

Ken Christian

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/256104/314/Ayla-Reynolds-father-back-in-jail-for-violating-bail-conditions

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:18 am

Father of missing toddler arrested for bail violation

" .. Father of missing toddler arrested for bail violation

The father of a toddler whose disappearance generated national attention is back in jail after his arrest for violating his bail conditions.

The South Portland Police Department said that Justin DiPietro, 26, was arrested Friday morning following a traffic stop on Broadway in South Portland.

DiPietro is the father of Ayla Reynolds, who was reported missing from DiPietro’s home in Waterville in December 2011. Ayla, who was 20 months old, is presumed dead and her disappearance remains unsolved.

DiPietro was charged in July with assault on an ex-girlfriend in Portland and released on bail...."

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Local--State-Dispatches0910.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Ayla Reynolds' mother reveals new evidence

7:03 PM, Sep 10, 2013

Snipped:
-----
In two weeks, Trista Reynolds is planning to post on Ayla's website all the details of what she says police found in DiPietro's home. But she gave NEWS CENTER a preview Tuesday.

Police have said there Ayla's blood was found in DiPietro's home, and that it is more than a small cut would produce. Reynolds said police showed her pictures of Justin's room, where there was blood. His shoes had blood on them. His truck had Ayla's blood in it, and there was saliva mixed with her blood in some places. She said it shows that Ayla suffered, and there was enough blood that she feels it's clear her little girl has died. But it doesn't show a cause. Reynolds believes what she's seen is enough to prosecute DiPietro for something, even if it's child endangerment.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/256222/2/Ayla-Reynolds-mother-reveals-new-evidence
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Also from the article above:

Trista plans to reveal much more about what police showed her on two websites, http://united4ayla.com and http://justiceforayla.blogspot.com

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 am

Support for last two posted entries:

" ...Trista Reynolds told WCSH6 news that on Jan. 3, the Maine Police Department showed her photos of her daughter's father Justin DiPietro's shoes that had blood on them, blood in his room and blood on his truck that had saliva mixed in with it and she plans to divulge this information, plus a lot more to the public.

It has been released before that blood was found in the basement of the home, but it looks as though Trista knows a lot more about it. ..."

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/09/ayla-reynolds-mother-to-come-forward.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MissingPersonsOfAmerica+%28Missing+Persons+of+America%29
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:27 am

Mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds reveals secret evidence

By Susan Candiotti, CNN National Correspondent
updated 12:13 AM EDT, Sat September 14, 2013

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 111219110304-ayla-reynolds-story-top
Ayla Reynolds was 20 months old when she was reported missing in December 2011.

(CNN) -- As she approaches the two-year anniversary of her daughter Ayla's disappearance, Trista Reynolds is getting more and more frustrated that the case remains unsolved.

The Maine mother is so aggravated with investigators and the lack of apparent movement in the case, she is revealing some evidence, never before publicly shared, that Reynolds says police disclosed to her about a year after Ayla went missing from her father's home in December 2011.

Reynolds said authorities showed her photographic evidence of 20-month-old Ayla's blood and saliva allegedly on the shoes of her father, Justin DiPietro, and inside his vehicle, according to her stepgrandfather, Jeff Hanson.

Reynolds first disclosed the alleged additional blood evidence to CNN affiliate WCSH.

"It was very difficult for her to see it," Hanson told CNN.

Some of the blood, Reynolds said, was mixed with saliva, indicating Ayla may have suffered internally, she told WCSH.

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/13/justice/maine-missing-toddler-ayla-reynolds/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Missing toddler’s mother releases new information about Ayla Reynolds

" ...In the information released Monday, Trista Reynolds alleges that the photos show her daughter’s blood was found on her car seat, her clothing, throughout DiPietro’s bedroom and on his sneakers.

“After the photos of blood visible to the naked eye were displayed, [Maine State Police] began to show the luminol-enhanced photos, depicting additional blood of Ayla’s upstairs and downstairs in the DiPietro’s house,” reads the document posted online Monday. “Trista was unable to view any more of the horrific display after only two luminol-enhanced photos, and the slide show was stopped.”

Investigators allegedly told Reynolds that the spray pattern found in some of the blood stains could not have been produced by a cut and that the presence of saliva in some of it indicated that the toddler was coughing up blood from internal injuries, according to the document. ..."

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/23/news/mid-maine/mother-of-missing-toddler-ayla-reynolds-prepares-release-of-information-related-to-daughters-disappearance/

On his sneakers? Upstairs and downstairs in his home?
What are they waiting for?
Arrest this man!!!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Baby Ayla's mother: I blame her father the most

Baby Ayla Reynolds was reported missing in December 2011, and after nearly two years and very little progress in the case, her mother is opening up about gruesome evidence that has never been publicly shared.

By Alexandra Thomas
updated 7:28 PM EDT, Mon September 23, 2013
Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 Babyayla_1

Ayla Reynolds 20-month-old Ayla was reported missing on December 17, 2011, from her Waterville, Maine, home. Her father claimed he last saw his daughter when he put her to bed the night before.

As the two-year anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance approaches, Trista Reynolds is opening up about the case in an effort to help police make progress in the investigation.

In an interview last week with CNN’s Susan Candiotti, Reynolds revealed details about evidence that had never before been publicly shared -- details that she says police showed her about a year after Ayla’s disappearance.

Reynolds said that, in January 2013, police showed her pictures of the home where Ayla was last seen. Reynolds told Candiotti she saw police photos that allegedly showed 20-month-old Ayla's blood on her baby doll, and both her blood and her saliva on the belongings of her father, Justin DiPietro.

“On the side of [the baby doll’s] face there was some blood, like a swipe, so that’s what made me think she tried wiping blood from her mouth with the doll,” Reynolds explained. “Her slippers also, she had pink princess slippers with pom-poms on them, and on the pom-poms were droplets of her blood.”

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/09/23/baby-ayla-reynolds-missing-new-evidence-murder
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:31 am

From AD's link:
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/09/23/baby-ayla-reynolds-missing-new-evidence-murder

" ... There was just, like, Ayla’s blood everywhere. There was blood on sheets, blood and saliva mixed on a mattress, blood on a fan cord, on the TV, VCR. There was blood found in Justin shoes, blood spattered on the walls,” Reynolds said. “There was a tote that had blood on it and in it, and then inside of that tote there was a white sheet that was wrapped up with all kinds of blood spots on it, like someone could have wrapped Ayla’s body in it. The blood was just everywhere...."

“Anybody who sees [the evidence] knows that Ayla did not make it through that night,” Reynolds continued. “She couldn’t have.”
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 am

This is just beyond heartbreaking. Sad 
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 pm

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/09/baby_levon_wameling_suffered_skull_fracture_before_being_pulled_from_mohawk_rive.html#incart_river_default
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:15 pm

I've been curious all day about how this was going to go.  I wasn't expecting a family fight, (or an x-family fight), though.  Anyway, there might me another update, soon.

Morning Sentinel | Relatives clash at hearing for Ayla Reynolds' father
Posted: 2:39 PM | Updated: 3:01 PM
By Scott Dolan sdolan@mainetoday.com | Staff Writer

"PORTLAND — A courtroom confrontation between the grandparents of missing Waterville toddler Ayla Reynolds ended with both sides being escorted from the Cumberland County Courthouse on Wednesday before the conclusion of a hearing for Justin DiPietro, the missing girl’s father.

{Snipped}

DiPietro’s mother, Phoebe DiPietro, called Trista Reynold’s father, Ron Reynolds, an obscenity in the courtroom, prompting him to follow her into the courthouse hallway, where their confrontation escalated, according to witnesses.

{Snipped}

This story will be updated.

Read more:  http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Ayla-Reynolds-update.html
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh boy. Can't say as I blame the Reynolds family for not behaving but the DiPietro's family ought to be ashamed....what a bunch of criminals.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 pm

ishi wrote:Oh boy. Can't say as I blame the Reynolds family for not behaving but the DiPietro's family ought to be ashamed....what a bunch of criminals.
I agree, Ishi.  I think Mrs. DiPietro is way out of line.  I wonder if she saw the pictures that LE showed Trista.  I'm a little bit disappointed that they let Ayla's father walk out of court today.  I guess I was hoping they would throw the book at him, something like they did to Ron and Misty.

I hope Trista keeps up the pressure, though.  I can hardly stand to hear what they discovered in that house, but I believe that most of the blood was in his bedroom.  I don't understand why they haven't got enough to charge him--or, like Trista said, why don't they just charge all three of them.  They most likely all took part in Ayla's death, in one way or another.

Justice for Baby Ayla!

The Bangor Daily News | Relatives of Ayla Reynolds face off at Portland court

By Alex Barber, BDN Staff | Posted Sept. 25, 2013, at 3:25 p.m.

{Snipped}

Justin DiPietro, the father of Ayla Reynolds, appeared in Superior Court for charges of assault and violating conditions of release. The charges were unrelated to Ayla’s disappearance. He pleaded guilty to the violating conditions of release charge and the assault charge was dismissed. He was ordered to pay a $150 fine and serve four days in jail, but was credited with time served.

{Snipped}

Trista Reynolds, Ayla’s mother, held a short press conference outside the courthouse prior to Justin DiPietro’s appearance before the judge. She called attention to her dissatisfaction with police’s investigation of the case of her missing daughter.

Read more:  http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/25/news/portland/relatives-of-ayla-reynolds-face-off-at-portland-court/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Prayers for Ayla.  I hope they charge someone soon.

Bangor Daily News | Relatives of Ayla Reynolds face off at Portland court

By Alex Barber, BDN Staff | Posted Sept. 25, 2013, at 3:25 p.m. | Last modified Sept. 25, 2013, at 7:47 p.m.

VIDEO at link.

PORTLAND, Maine — Family members of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds confronted one another angrily on Wednesday at the Cumberland County Superior Courthouse, where the little girl’s father faced charges in an unrelated case.

{Snipped}

Reynolds later sat down next to Phoebe DiPietro on a bench across the street from the courthouse.

“Tell me what you did with my daughter,” she said to the grandmother.

“Tell us what you did with her,” DiPietro replied, getting up and walking back across the street toward the courthouse.

“Your son killed my granddaughter. You hid her body and then try to blame it on us,” said Ron Reynolds, joining the confrontation, which was broken up by bailiffs and sheriff’s deputies on the sidewalk outside the courthouse.

Trista Reynolds later ran after Justin DiPietro as he walked toward the Portland Police Department across the street.

“I can see it in your eyes. I know you care,” Reynolds said.

He did not reply to her.

{Snipped}

Read more:  http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/25/news/portland/relatives-of-ayla-reynolds-face-off-at-portland-court/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Here is the document that Ayla's mom prepared with the info she released to the media this week.  I don't think there is anything new in it.

http://aylareynolds.com/anon/The%20Case%20for%20Ayla.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Ayla Reynolds -- Missing 12/17/11 - Page 4 1235192_528419927234390_1844942167_n

Here is a link to a Facebook page for Ayla.

https://www.facebook.com/AylaReynoldsLaurieBingham
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next