Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

+35
JustWinnie
ellejay
Hinky's Mimi
nanshin
CA Lady
ishi
angiefly2
Roxanne14
ExerSarah
SweetT
Ellie Tza
sitemama
Soprano1
Orgona
Lash
Freckles
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Justice4all
Stolat
Tbrownsanjo
Chester_from_THM
Joju
Chickenbutt
Typo Positive
senseigurl
kimi_SFC
Beaner
justanopinion
Julie
Ann - Tx
nanaof4
Honeysage
Tamta
39 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Julie Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 am

Joju wrote:
Julie wrote: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 864739 Joju. Once you get the hang of it here, it's great.

I'm going to move this post to the Sierra Lamar thread that is already set up.

Oh thank you so much, was pretty wobbly when THM stopped. TTFN, gotta feed the herd. Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 121648

No problem.
It's great to have you here!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 am

kimi_SFC wrote:Once I started the transcription, I couldn’t stop geek, so this is it, in its entirety.
Transcription of Sierra LaMar segment from America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 5/11/12:
Video starts at the 31:20 mark according to my DVR:
(snipped...)

Wow Kimi! You're like our personal court stenographer! thanks! I'm WAY behind on Sierra case right now. This helps. Still shaking off the shakes from Friday major emigration.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Sierra Lamar 3/16/12

Post by senseigurl Mon May 14, 2012 1:06 am

Tamta wrote:
senseigurl wrote:random thought:
The pic of Marlene talking to some of the people on the search crews. I could've sworn search crews weren't supposed to talk to them?

Also, I don't think I've seen the mom's bf at the search center either. Normally I would see Steve talking to LE or to Marc Klaas. Marlene was there sometimes. Danielle the same but she is at school and I believe finals for the college kids are coming up this week and next week for the state Unis on the semester calendar. Does anyone else notice that almost everything that Marlene said seems to have been said before and that she just rephrases it? ex: Danielle talking about the rap music and school work. Marlene in a subsequent interview talking about rap music and school work. It seems like Marlene is trying really hard to keep Rick out of the scenarios even though he was living in the same house.

As far as the car goes, I'm pretty sure they could've just gone by the surveillance cameras at gas stations to see who normally drives the car.

Also, a lot of ex-cons get jobs in uncontracted labor since they have difficulty getting other types of jobs. This would include farming and construction.

Does anyone else notice that almost everything that Marlene said seems to have been said before and that she just rephrases it? ex: Danielle talking about the rap music and school work. Marlene in a subsequent interview talking about rap music and school work.

-that incident you referred to

-marlene discussing the thursday night before sierra disappeared: the paper that sierra was excited about (Steve said that first in another early interview)

-leaving the charger, always being with her phone, and not being out of touch: Danielle and another friend from school said those things prior.

That is Marlene's style of deception.
She couches her untruths in other truths.

Ack, I just wrote a long paragraph on this replay and internet went down and it lost everything. I'll try to summarize my points since I'm tired:

Marlene also would add in random things into her statements about Sierra. "I put money in her purse, she may have had a necklace," etc. I have not seen a pic of Sierra wearing a necklace EVER. In fact, it's the mom wearing necklaces (she wears a cross). She seems to watch all of the other interviews closely, which seems to imply that she is a bit OCD. This behavior would match the "lovingly preserved" and "neatly packed" description of Sierra's bag.

I'm a bit confused on what the motive would be though:

In the case of Michelle Le, the former friend perceived a threat from Michelle because she thought Michelle was making a move on her ex, which didn't turn out to be the case. It was simply a perceived threat which caused the girl to act upon it. This was pretty apparent from the beginning and the LE already had their POI.

In Marlene/Sierra, it seemed like *if* something happened between Marlene and Sierra, it was out of disciplinary action. I would infer this by the mother's day statement. However, I would think the incident would be more spontaneous and there would be more evidence at the house/en route to work. Then again Marlene's behavior shows that of someone with OCD, so she could be very good at cleaning up.

senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 10:06 am

kimi_SFC wrote:Once I started the transcription, I couldn’t stop geek, so this is it, in its entirety.
Transcription of Sierra LaMar segment from America's Most Wanted on Lifetime 5/11/12:

John Walsh (JW): Here in California, there’s a missing teenager who’s on everyone’s mind: 15 year old Sierra LaMar. Now, Sierra was last seen in Santa Clara County. That was about two months ago; and now everybody in the country is asking the question: Where is Sierra LaMar? Well, tonight, I’m sitting down with her father, as we try to bring home another missing child.
The mystery of what exactly happened to Sierra LaMar grows in the shadows of some dark family secrets; and in a section of Northern California where predators have a million places to hide.
(Queue videos of Sierra….)
Like so many teenagers today, 15 year old Sierra loves hip hop, and lives out her life on camera. But no one was videotaping on March 16th when Sierra walked out of her home, where she lived with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, and then --- vanished. So, what happened to this energetic, and popular competitive cheerleader?
(Queue video of a bespectacled ML at a table with Sierra’s portrait, surrounded by paperwork….)
Sierra’s mom was the last person to see her around 6AM that day.
(ML now in face-to-face interview with the same photo of Sierra in the background….)
ML: It was a typical morning, you know, it was, it was pretty much her routine. I…would get ready for work and before leaving I would say goodbye to Sierra. And I would give her her lunch money. And I would make sure (smiling broadly) that that it was in her purse and zip it up.

JW: That purse was found here along with Sierra’s school books, a few days after she disappeared. They were wedged between this shack and a cactus about two miles from Sierra’s home. Then, on this nearby corner, searchers found Sierra’s cell phone.
ML: That was attached to her hip, as any normal teenager (inflects her voice upwards as if in a questioning voice), she was on it frequently (with emphasis, ML nods her head yes)…and always had it by her (interesting, she nods no here). So that’s why (starts to nod yes softly) discovering that was really difficult to hear (again, nods affirmatively at the end of this sentence).
JW: Investigators believe Sierra texted a friend before she headed off to school. She normally walked alone for less than ten minutes to the school bus. Scan their quiet, dead-end street, and it’s hard to imagine how anyone could have grabbed Sierra here without careful planning. But then, turn the corner, walk the last quarter of a mile to Sierra’s bus stop, and the possibilities multiply.
Laurie Smith - Santa Clara County Sheriff (LS): It’s on the outskirts of Morgan Hill. There’s big lots. It’s in a county area. There’s a lot of migrant workers in the area. There’s a lot of major, big houses. There’s a lot of shacks. Umm, there’s a lot of agriculture. It’s a really different area.
JW: Sheriff Laurie Smith watches over Santa Clara County, on the edge of Silicon Valley. She believes Sierra’s abduction was a crime of opportunity.
LS: If this is a situational abduction, that means that the person saw her, wanted something, generally the motive is sex, ummm, and abducted her. It wasn’t planned. There wasn’t a type. She was available. She was vulnerable, and she was desirable. And that’s the way we’re leaning, but we’re not closing the door to any possibilities (shaking her head no rather emphatically).
JW: Cops zeroed in on Sierra’s family first; and for good reason. Sierra’s dad, Steve LaMar, volunteered some disturbing information early on. Steve is a registered sex offender.
ML: We were still married; but at that time, I was focused on the kids, and being the PTA mom, and on my career. We were drifting before that, way before that. (ML off camera until now). I don’t want to go into details about that situation or the case because…the issue at hand is Sierra right now.
JW: Cops say no one close to Sierra, including Steve, is a suspect at this time; and Steve didn’t hesitate to sit down with me, one on one.
(Interview begins):
JW: I’m not betraying your trust here. It’s been in many many media reports that you’re a convicted sex offender.
Steve LaMar (StL): MmmHmm
JW: And I know that’s not your reason that you’re here. You’re here because you want to get that girl back. That’s your daughter.
StL: Right
JW: That’s your flesh and blood.
StL: (Nodding yes). MmmHmm. What I did was, within the first half hour that the first deputy from the Sheriff’s Department came, I, I told him, ummm, you know, what, that I was a sex offender, registered sex offender. And so, I , you know, revealed that, and was really open and…
JW: Right at the house when they came to the house…
StL: Yeah, yeah…
JW: The question that everyone seems to kind of avoid: Is there a possibility that Sierra, for whatever reason, might have gotten it into her 15-year old head, “I’m going to a new place, lots of things have happened, Dad’s a convicted sex offender, mom and dad are divorced, we’re living in a new house, it’s too much, I’m gonna hit the road.” Is that possible? I don’t hear anybody saying that.
StL: No, that would be very unlikely in my mind. Ummm, just ‘cause I know, uhhh, what what state of mind Sierra was in. I had seen her the weekend before she went missing. I had talked to her on the phone the night before she went missing. Ummm, her state of mind, she was happy.
JW: So, I never give up, but the odds are pretty slim. You know that.
StL: (Nodding yes, emotionally). Yeah, yeah.
JW: And how are you dealing with that?
StL: I am (shaking head no) positive and, ummm, you know, adamant about it. I am never giving up. Not ‘til I find her. I’m hoping you and your show will help us. I have confidence (now nodding yes somewhat).
JW: Steve didn’t just put faith in our show, countless volunteers have been helping search for Sierra since day one. (Queue video of search volunteers…..) And the search isn’t an easy one. Some of these men and women are on their eighth mission. The grid they’re covering is wide, through tough terrain. Krystine Dinh (KD), a volunteer with child advocate organization KlaasKids, stays beside the family at the search center. Krystine’s sister, Michelle Le, was murdered allegedly by a friend. Searchers scoured a similar Bay Area grid for months before a volunteer found Michelle’s body.
(KD): It’s important to keep going back. It’s important to keep trying every weekend (crying). And with Sierra (sniffling), there’s still a lot of hope. The point is, searchers are here to find evidence. They’re not here to find a body.
JW: And that’s where you come in. Police say anyone could have information that leads to this child’s safe return.
LS: It’s what your instinct is. Is there someone that you thing is suspicious? But this person may be such a psychopath that they’re not showing remorse. But didn’t they go to work? Are, do they have an obsessive nature about watching the media, or are they avoiding the media? Have they changed the color of the car? Have they changed their appearance? Have they changed the tires on their car?
JW: And there is a car involved in the investigation. It was spotted on surveillance video near Sierra’s home, the day she went missing. Police impounded this red 1990s Volkswagen Jetta with a distinctive black hood. They won’t tell us why, but they think it’s connected to Sierra’s disappearance. They want viewers to tell them if they saw it before, on, or after March 16th.
If you know anything, anything at all, about Sierra’s disappearance, call us at 1-800-CRIME-TV or go online to our website amw.com.

I hope the admin/mods will allow it to remain up. However, if it must be edited down, please retain Marlene’s interview segments as they are of most interest. TIA!

Snipped
BBM

Classic Marlene Lamar:

ML: It was a typical morning, you know, it was, it was pretty much her routine. I would get ready for work and before leaving I would say goodbye to Sierra. And I would give her her lunch money. And I would make sure that it was in her purse and zip it up.

1. steers question away from particular events of morning to talk about 'routine'.
By the way, Sierra went missing so it was clearly not a typical, routine day.

2. Marlene then places ownership of events onto sierra by calling it 'her' routine, and thus distances herself from Sierra and the events.
(I do not think Sierra had morning routine that day personally.)

3. ML uses 'would' instead of simple past tense to speak about morning. My first response is: Marlene, are you not working any more?

Would: The effect is very subtle here. This is Marlene's talent for ambiguity here- her particular way of being deceptive. Instead of saying what really happened she talks about what usually happened to avoid lying.

She couches untruths in truths.
This is how Marlene operates.

The zipper.
Can not get over this new detail,
especially her reporting of her zipping it.

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 am

Tamta wrote:

John Walsh (JW): Here in California, there’s a missing teenager who’s on everyone’s mind: 15 year old Sierra LaMar. Now, Sierra was last seen in Santa Clara County. That was about two months ago; and now everybody in the country is asking the question: Where is Sierra LaMar? Well, tonight, I’m sitting down with her father, as we try to bring home another missing child.
The mystery of what exactly happened to Sierra LaMar grows in the shadows of some dark family secrets; and in a section of Northern California where predators have a million places to hide.
Like so many teenagers today, 15 year old Sierra loves hip hop, and lives out her life on camera. But no one was videotaping on March 16th when Sierra walked out of her home, where she lived with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, and then --- vanished. So, what happened to this energetic, and popular competitive cheerleader?
(Queue video of a bespectacled ML at a table with Sierra’s portrait, surrounded by paperwork….)
(ML now in face-to-face interview with the same photo of Sierra in the background….)
ML: It was a typical morning, you know, it was, it was pretty much her routine. I…would get ready for work and before leaving I would say goodbye to Sierra. And I would give her her lunch money. And I would make sure (smiling broadly) that that it was in her purse and zip it up.

JW: That purse was found here along with Sierra’s school books, a few days after she disappeared. They were wedged between this shack and a cactus about two miles from Sierra’s home. Then, on this nearby corner, searchers found Sierra’s cell phone.
ML: That was attached to her hip, as any normal teenager (inflects her voice upwards as if in a questioning voice), she was on it frequently (with emphasis, ML nods her head yes)…and always had it by her (interesting, she nods no here). So that’s why (starts to nod yes softly) discovering that was really difficult to hear (again, nods affirmatively at the end of this sentence).
JW: Investigators believe Sierra texted a friend before she headed off to school. She normally walked alone for less than ten minutes to the school bus. Scan their quiet, dead-end street, and it’s hard to imagine how anyone could have grabbed Sierra here without careful planning. But then, turn the corner, walk the last quarter of a mile to Sierra’s bus stop, and the possibilities multiply.
Laurie Smith - Santa Clara County Sheriff (LS): It’s on the outskirts of Morgan Hill. There’s big lots. It’s in a county area. There’s a lot of migrant workers in the area. There’s a lot of major, big houses. There’s a lot of shacks. Umm, there’s a lot of agriculture. It’s a really different area.
JW: Sheriff Laurie Smith watches over Santa Clara County, on the edge of Silicon Valley. She believes Sierra’s abduction was a crime of opportunity.
LS: If this is a situational abduction, that means that the person saw her, wanted something, generally the motive is sex, ummm, and abducted her. It wasn’t planned. There wasn’t a type. She was available. She was vulnerable, and she was desirable. And that’s the way we’re leaning, but we’re not closing the door to any possibilities (shaking her head no rather emphatically).
JW: Cops zeroed in on Sierra’s family first; and for good reason. Sierra’s dad, Steve LaMar, volunteered some disturbing information early on. Steve is a registered sex offender.
ML: We were still married; but at that time, I was focused on the kids, and being the PTA mom, and on my career. We were drifting before that, way before that. (ML off camera until now). I don’t want to go into details about that situation or the case because…the issue at hand is Sierra right now.
JW: Cops say no one close to Sierra, including Steve, is a suspect at this time; and Steve didn’t hesitate to sit down with me, one on one.
(Interview begins):
JW: I’m not betraying your trust here. It’s been in many many media reports that you’re a convicted sex offender.
JW: And I know that’s not your reason that you’re here. You’re here because you want to get that girl back. That’s your daughter.
StL: (Nodding yes). MmmHmm. What I did was, within the first half hour that the first deputy from the Sheriff’s Department came, I, I told him, ummm, you know, what, that I was a sex offender, registered sex offender. And so, I , you know, revealed that, and was really open and…
JW: The question that everyone seems to kind of avoid: Is there a possibility that Sierra, for whatever reason, might have gotten it into her 15-year old head, “I’m going to a new place, lots of things have happened, Dad’s a convicted sex offender, mom and dad are divorced, we’re living in a new house, it’s too much, I’m gonna hit the road.” Is that possible? I don’t hear anybody saying that.
StL: No, that would be very unlikely in my mind. Ummm, just ‘cause I know, uhhh, what what state of mind Sierra was in. I had seen her the weekend before she went missing. I had talked to her on the phone the night before she went missing. Ummm, her state of mind, she was happy.
StL: I am (shaking head no) positive and, ummm, you know, adamant about it. I am never giving up. Not ‘til I find her. I’m hoping you and your show will help us. I have confidence (now nodding yes somewhat).
JW: Steve didn’t just put faith in our show, countless volunteers have been helping search for Sierra since day one. (Queue video of search volunteers…..) And the search isn’t an easy one. Some of these men and women are on their eighth mission. The grid they’re covering is wide, through tough terrain. Krystine Dinh (KD), a volunteer with child advocate organization KlaasKids, stays beside the family at the search center. Krystine’s sister, Michelle Le, was murdered allegedly by a friend. Searchers scoured a similar Bay Area grid for months before a volunteer found Michelle’s body.
(KD): It’s important to keep going back. It’s important to keep trying every weekend (crying). And with Sierra (sniffling), there’s still a lot of hope. The point is, searchers are here to find evidence. They’re not here to find a body.
JW: And that’s where you come in. Police say anyone could have information that leads to this child’s safe return.
LS: It’s what your instinct is. Is there someone that you thing is suspicious? But this person may be such a psychopath that they’re not showing remorse. But didn’t they go to work? Are, do they have an obsessive nature about watching the media, or are they avoiding the media? Have they changed the color of the car? Have they changed their appearance? Have they changed the tires on their car?
JW: And there is a car involved in the investigation. It was spotted on surveillance video near Sierra’s home, the day she went missing. Police impounded this red 1990s Volkswagen Jetta with a distinctive black hood. They won’t tell us why, but they think it’s connected to Sierra’s disappearance. They want viewers to tell them if they saw it before, on, or after March 16th.
If you know anything, anything at all, about Sierra’s disappearance, call us at 1-800-CRIME-TV or go online to our website amw.com.

I hope the admin/mods will allow it to remain up. However, if it must be edited down, please retain Marlene’s interview segments as they are of most interest. TIA!

i will ponder this tonight, but I have to say right away I love the new added detail of the zipping of the purse.

I didn't catch the zipping of the purse! I could've sworn that particular bag/purse was a button type? More lies! I wonder if LE reads these forums?
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra LaMar Missing 03/16/12

Post by Typo Positive Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 am

senseigurl wrote:
Tamta wrote:

(Interview begins):

i will ponder this tonight, but I have to say right away I love the new added detail of the zipping of the purse.

I didn't catch the zipping of the purse! I could've sworn that particular bag/purse was a button type? More lies! I wonder if LE reads these forums?

It may have referred to an inside pocket. Not that I think the
purse shown on NG was the same style/model, necessasarily either.

What I zeroed in on is LE not mentioning a small amount of money found. This could be because they didn't find any.
Which would lend in Marlene's mind them thinking someone else
had possession of it and took it.

Or more likely, that Marlene put that money there to add credence to it being a normal day and her taking lunch money.
With the intent that it would excuse her fingerprints or DNA being found inside and outside the purse.

Marlene having a big grin at something like this is so inappropriate that it must have been because of what this
represented to her.
A big self-congratulatory smile at her ingenuity to add this to
the story.

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 am

@ typo

ITA
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sierra LaMar Missing 03/16/12

Post by Typo Positive Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

There is also the use of "would" in her statements.

She would get ready..., she would say good-bye..., she would give her lunch money..., she would make sure to zip it up...

She would IF? She would BUT? She would if she COULD?
She would EXCEPT?

These are the unspoken meaning behind "would".

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 am

Typo Positive wrote:There is also the use of "would" in her statements.

She would get ready..., she would say good-bye..., she would give her lunch money..., she would make sure to zip it up...

She would IF? She would BUT? She would if she COULD?
She would EXCEPT?

These are the unspoken meaning behind "would".

Yes.

I mentioned that up thread a bit.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Typo Positive Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 am

I see that now, Tamta! Yours is a much more thorough examination.

Let's discuss this.

Her remarks seem to apply very specifically to individuals that she would have talked to in the case.

The pschopath comments are unusually entered in on a case that has yet to produce no dead body!

So what or to whom would she be referring.
Didn't they just go to work?

Yes. This person went right to work afterward...like nothing happened.

How would the sheriff determine this?
That they are avoiding the media?
Or obsessing about it?

The Sheriff appears to have someone to whom the word psychopath is applied.

Could she be goading someone about something Sierra said in her tweets? Sierra refers to her Mom and RG as psychos.

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Typo Positive wrote:I see that now, Tamta! Yours is a much more thorough examination.

Let's discuss this.

Her remarks seem to apply very specifically to individuals that she would have talked to in the case.

The pschopath comments are unusually entered in on a case that has yet to produce no dead body!

Or obsessing about it?

Could she be goading someone about something Sierra said in her tweets? Sierra refers to her Mom and RG as psychos.

BBM.

I study LS as much as I have ML.

In this answer I did get the feeling that this is a theory of LS and that she is referring to it and the suspect. I will go so far to entertain that it is one investigatory premise.

I interpreted LS mentioning the car as her not so much trying to include the car in the scenario but to indicate her suspicions of a cover up.

Who would need to engage in a cover up besides someone who may be suspected due to proximity of the victim?
A stranger could get rid of Sierra's stuff easily with out detection anywhere.
An addict friend would abandon it with her or in a dumpster as fast as possible.

There is your answer.

I think the sheriff thinks it is probable that if such an individual is involved, and if LE suspects this individual, that she also suspects that they are modifying their behavior through closely monitoring public perception and information regarding Sierra's case.

Again, LS is referring to specific behavior and indirectly to specific motives.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Tamta wrote:
Typo Positive wrote:I see that now, Tamta! Yours is a much more thorough examination.

Let's discuss this.

Or obsessing about it?

BBM.

I study LS as much as I have ML.

In this answer I did get the feeling that this is a theory of LS and that she is referring to it and the suspect. I will go so far to entertain that it is one investigatory premise.

I interpreted LS mentioning the car as her not so much trying to include the car in the scenario but to indicate her suspicions of a cover up.

Who would need to engage in a cover up besides someone who may be suspected due to proximity of the victim?
A stranger could get rid of Sierra's stuff easily with out detection anywhere.
An addict friend would abandon it with her or in a dumpster as fast as possible.

There is your answer.

I think the sheriff thinks it is probable that if such an individual is involved, and if LE suspects this individual, that she also suspects that they are modifying their behavior through closely monitoring public perception and information regarding Sierra's case.

Again, LS is referring to specific behavior and indirectly to specific motives.

remember it was Sheriff Smith who stated on NG:

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey y'all,
Your analyses has been very interesting to read, indeed!
I have gotten mixed feedback on posting the video clip from J4A. I plan to set up an alternate photobucket account and posting the video so you can see the segment for yourselves.
You've all hit on the areas that struck me as I transcribed: ML's affect continues to be questionable to flat out inappropriate. Her eye movements had me wondering, WHO are you looking at!?!? Sheriff Laurie Smith's comments IMO were very pointed and calculated. It was just as much what she said as how she said it.
I can't wait until you see it. Once the video is officially posted and embeddable (haha new word!), I will edit the post appropriately. However, we are in that gray area as we wait for Lifetime and AMW to make it available (usually a week or two lag time). Your appreciation made the effort towards the transcription worth every keystroke. It wasn't easy (especially when ML was talking!).
In light of Val's parting comments, I am struggling even more to give ML the benefit of the doubt. She's pushing me and my (newly independent) HinkyMeter to the brink. There, I said it.
Stay tuned for the video....!
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 1:07 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:Hey y'all,
I have gotten mixed feedback on posting the video clip from J4A. I plan to set up an alternate photobucket account and posting the video so you can see the segment for yourselves.
You've all hit on the areas that struck me as I transcribed: ML's affect continues to be questionable to flat out inappropriate. Her eye movements had me wondering, WHO are you looking at!?!? Sheriff Laurie Smith's comments IMO were very pointed and calculated. It was just as much what she said as how she said it.
I can't wait until you see it. Once the video is officially posted and embeddable (haha new word!), I will edit the post appropriately. However, we are in that gray area as we wait for Lifetime and AMW to make it available (usually a week or two lag time). Your appreciation made the effort towards the transcription worth every keystroke. It wasn't easy (especially when ML was talking!).
In light of Val's parting comments, I am struggling even more to give ML the benefit of the doubt. She's pushing me and my (newly independent) HinkyMeter to the brink. There, I said it.

Confused, are we not allowed to post a media link to a video like we could at THM?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Stolat wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:Hey y'all,

Confused, are we not allowed to post a media link to a video like we could at THM?

I was wondering that too.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Stolat wrote:Confused, are we not allowed to post a media link to a video like we could at THM?
You are allowed to post links to videos and even embed the videos if they provide the embed code. I'm just not sure what AMW's policy is about recording a portion of the show and uploading it to photobucket. I would think it would be a copyright violation, but then again portions of NG and JVM are constantly uploaded to Youtube and are left up without being taken down due to copyright claims.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey let's snip from kimi!

It's a long post and I'm having flow issues here!!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Stolat wrote:Confused, are we not allowed to post a media link to a video like we could at THM?
You are allowed to post links to videos and even embed the videos if they provide the embed code. I'm just not sure what AMW's policy is about recording a portion of the show and uploading it to photobucket. I would think it would be a copyright violation, but then again portions of NG and JVM are constantly uploaded to Youtube and are left up without being taken down due to copyright claims.

oh gotcha! So if it's a video on CNN's website or NBC, then likely the link to that video is okay because it's obviously getting redistributed on that media site. I agree that recording a video stream down to your computer (ie., press conf) that has not yet been published or redistributed might infringe. I was referring to simply copying the link address off of major news websites and embedding the links as source references when we quote facts from certain cases.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 pm

The video isn't posted yet so embedding isn't an option. However, the feedback I received was that there were many YouTube videos (eg Sierra1947/1497) that were posted and left up & that it *should* be ok.
No definitive yes answer, though "/
So, what to do?
That's why I've been lamenting over posting the video since I've been posting on this thread. I'm willing to risk losing a secondary photobucket account, but not my primary RC account (if that makes sense?).
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/karinanews

Karina Rusk
‏ @karinanews

New dive team searches today in Coyote Reservoir in #FindSierraLaMar. Unit is using new sonar equipment which produces 3-D images.
Reply Retweet Favorite
10:21 AM - 14 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:The video isn't posted yet so embedding isn't an option. However, the feedback I received was that there were many YouTube videos (eg Sierra1947/1497) that were posted and left up & that it *should* be ok.
So, what to do?
That's why I've been lamenting over posting the video since I've been posting on this thread. I'm willing to risk losing a secondary photobucket account, but not my primary RC account (if that makes sense?).

Whats the standard turn around time for releasing video?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Tamta wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:The video isn't posted yet so embedding isn't an option. However, the feedback I received was that there were many YouTube videos (eg Sierra1947/1497) that were posted and left up & that it *should* be ok.
So, what to do?

It looks like at least a week. The current full episode (with embed code available, although I couldn't make it work in preview mode) was dated 5/6/12.
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm

You won't lose your RC account for posting it. Youtube and Photobucket videos are allowed here. If Youtube or Photobucket decides certain videos are violations of copyright, they will remove the videos from their site and may delete your account there.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Stolat wrote:
(snipped...)

Wow Kimi! You're like our personal court stenographer! thanks! I'm WAY behind on Sierra case right now. This helps. Still shaking off the shakes from Friday major emigration.

Awwww thank you Stolat!
I do why I can :)
I know what you mean.... The transcription helped me to shake it off a bit too. Every little bit helps, I guess!
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Justice4all wrote:You won't lose your RC account for posting it. Youtube and Photobucket videos are allowed here. If Youtube or Photobucket decides certain videos are violations of copyright, they will remove the videos from their site and may delete your account there.

praise
Thank you J4A!

kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:
Tamta wrote:
So, what to do?

It looks like at least a week. The current full episode (with embed code available, although I couldn't make it work in preview mode) was dated 5/6/12.

well i can tell that you did a great job transcribing.

I really appreciate it myself.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Mon May 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks Kimi, that must have been alot of work to transcribe.

Have there been any tweets from hotsteno lately regarding the case?
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Sierra Lamar missing march 16 2012

Post by Tbrownsanjo Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 pm

By: Brian Shields - Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio.  "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area.  It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest.  They believed this red Jetta was associated."

Volunteers continue to search the areas around where Sierra was last seen more than two months ago leaving her home to catch the bus to school.  Police later located her cell phone and a purse containing spare clothes not far away.

Investigators say they do know know the registered owner of the red Jetta but aren't letting anyone know who he or she may be.

"We're just really not going to comment on in what capacity we believe it's associated, whether how big or how small, but we do believe it's connected in some way," Sgt. Cardoza adds.

Deputies have answered and checked out hundreds of leads in this case.

Stay tuned to KRON 4 and KRON4.com for the latest on this developing story.

(Copyright 2012, KRON 4, All tights reserved.)

Very interesting!!
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Sierra Lamar missing 3/16/2012

Post by Tbrownsanjo Mon May 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Construction sites!!!??? Ummm boyfriend maybe.
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Mother's Day message for missing teen

12:00 AEDT Mon May 14 20121 day 9 hours 27 minutes a

Philippa Lees, ninemsn

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 1405_delmar_sp
Missing teen Sierra LaMar

The mother of missing US teenager Sierra LaMar has written her own Mother’s Day message for her “miracle baby”, after the 15-year-old was believed to have been kidnapped.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8467088/mothers-day-message-for-missing-teen
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbrownsanjo Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Copyright ©2012 TheHuffingtonPost.com,

Authorities in Santa Clara County, Calif., have resumed the search for missing teenager Sierra LaMar, who vanished eight weeks ago today.
Investigators will be conducting ground searches in south Morgan Hill this afternoon. Searchers will focus on open fields and construction sites, according to Sgt. Jose Cardoza, a spokesman for the Santa Clara County Office of the Sheriff.
Underwater search teams will also resume water searches today at two reservoirs in unincorporated south San Jose.

Sorry forgot this earlier when referring to construction sites
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Tbrownsanjo wrote:By: Brian Shields - Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio.  "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area.  It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest.  They believed this red Jetta was associated."

Volunteers continue to search the areas around where Sierra was last seen more than two months ago leaving her home to catch the bus to school.  Police later located her cell phone and a purse containing spare clothes not far away.

Investigators say they do know know the registered owner of the red Jetta but aren't letting anyone know who he or she may be.

"We're just really not going to comment on in what capacity we believe it's associated, whether how big or how small, but we do believe it's connected in some way," Sgt. Cardoza adds.

Very interesting!!

And the back pedaling begins.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Sierra Lamar missing 3/15/2012

Post by Tbrownsanjo Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 pm

And a purse containing spare clothes??? Where did that come from?
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Tbrownsanjo wrote:And a purse containing spare clothes??? Where did that come from?

That has to be misreporting, like "she was last seen carrying her Juicy hand bag" when no one saw her in anything but her Jammie's.

LE does not want to commit to her wearing those clothes that day, but it has not been referred to officially as "a change of clothes".
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Empty Sierra Lamar 3/16/2012

Post by Tbrownsanjo Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Here is the definition of associate

as·so·ci·ate  (-ssh-t, -s-)
v. as·so·ci·at·ed, as·so·ci·at·ing, as·so·ci·ates
v.tr.
1. To join as a partner, ally, or friend.
2. To connect or join together; combine.
3. To connect in the mind or imagination: "I always somehow associate Chatterton with autumn" (John Keats).
v.intr.
1. To join in or form a league, union, or association. See Synonyms at join.
2. To spend time socially; keep company: associates with her coworkers on weekends.
n. (-t, -t)
1. A person united with another or others in an act, enterprise, or business; a partner or colleague.
2. A companion; a comrade.
3. One that habitually accompanies or is associated with another; an attendant circumstance.
4. A member of an institution or society who is granted only partial status or privileges.
5. often Associate An associate's degree.
adj. (-t, -t)
1. Joined with another or others and having equal or nearly equal status: an associate editor.
2. Having partial status or privileges: an associate member of the club.
3. Following or accompanying; concomitant.
[Middle English associaten, from Latin associre, associt- : ad-, ad- + socius, companion; see sekw-1 in Indo-European roots.]
Tbrownsanjo
Tbrownsanjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Tbrownsanjo wrote:Here is the definition of associate

as·so·ci·ate  (-ssh-t, -s-)
v. as·so·ci·at·ed, as·so·ci·at·ing, as·so·ci·ates
v.tr.
1. To join as a partner, ally, or friend.
2. To connect or join together; combine.
3. To connect in the mind or imagination: "I always somehow associate Chatterton with autumn" (John Keats).
v.intr.
1. To join in or form a league, union, or association. See Synonyms at join.
2. To spend time socially; keep company: associates with her coworkers on weekends.
n. (-t, -t)
1. A person united with another or others in an act, enterprise, or business; a partner or colleague.
2. A companion; a comrade.
3. One that habitually accompanies or is associated with another; an attendant circumstance.
4. A member of an institution or society who is granted only partial status or privileges.
5. often Associate An associate's degree.
adj. (-t, -t)
1. Joined with another or others and having equal or nearly equal status: an associate editor.
2. Having partial status or privileges: an associate member of the club.
3. Following or accompanying; concomitant.
[Middle English associaten, from Latin associre, associt- : ad-, ad- + socius, companion; see sekw-1 in Indo-European roots.]

I choose connected in the mind.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 am

I'm wondering if these construction sites will also include homes for sale/foreclosed.

There are two developing areas I know of: one off Cochrane near Henry Co and the one off Dunne close to Safeway. The people there work through the weekends since there is actually a housing shortage going on in Santa Clara County and developers are working to fulfill that demand.

Also, I saw some farmers working near the field by Ramada. Wondering if any of those guys have worked in the other fields in te area?
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 15, 2012 12:16 am

senseigurl wrote:I'm wondering if these construction sites will also include homes for sale/foreclosed.

There are two developing areas I know of: one off Cochrane near Henry Co and the one off Dunne close to Safeway. The people there work through the weekends since there is actually a housing shortage going on in Santa Clara County and developers are working to fulfill that demand.

Also, I saw some farmers working near the field by Ramada. Wondering if any of those guys have worked in the other fields in te area?

Field workers were interviewed in the beginning by FBI.
None were publicly identified as POI.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 am

hailey35 wrote:Thanks Kimi, that must have been alot of work to transcribe.

Hi hailey35,

YW Very Happy
Although I haven't given up on posting a video of the segment yet, I'm really hoping AMW/Lifetime will post an official embed code soon ( that way I can ask J4A to help me embed it directly onto the thread via their official link ). I'm not feeling well, so plan B will have to wait until tomorrow.

As for @hotsteno's twitter feed, there hasn't been much new case-specific info. Here's a screen cap discussing her frustration with the MHUSD regarding the bus stop:
Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 Photo-37
Just prior to these tweets, she discussed the AMW segment as well.
I still have her twitter SMS alerts activated and will keep the thread posted.
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

WHERE IS SIERRA LAMAR??????????

POSTING TO BUMP THIS UP!

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/where-is-sierra-lamar/image_c51d4680-9b91-11e1-981a-0019bb30f31a.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am

kimi_SFC wrote:

Hi hailey35,

YW Very Happy
Although I haven't given up on posting a video of the segment yet, I'm really hoping AMW/Lifetime will post an official embed code soon ( that way I can ask J4A to help me embed it directly onto the thread via their official link ). I'm not feeling well, so plan B will have to wait until tomorrow.

As for @hotsteno's twitter feed, there hasn't been much new case-specific info. Here's a screen cap discussing her frustration with the MHUSD regarding the bus stop:
Ok, I am having an old timers moment who is hotsteno's twitter, is that someone who has knowledge of the case. Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 369770
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 am

snowbird wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:

Hi hailey35,

YW Very Happy

Ok, I am having an old timers moment who is hotsteno's twitter, is that someone who has knowledge of the case. Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 2 369770

She is a very vocal neighbor of Sierra's in Mirgan Hill.
Her daughter is also a high school student at Sobrato.

Hosteno feels that attempts at abduction were made upon her daughter.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

praise Tamta, I don't know how I missed that information.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 pm

snowbird wrote: praise Tamta, I don't know how I missed that information.

I'm not an Hosteno follower, but more details of her observations may be contained in her tweets.

Apparently she feels that more than one attempt at abductio(or stalking, not sure) n was made upon her daughter and subsequently the girl was being seen off on the bus by a grandmother.

Hosteno voices long term concerns with the bus stop used by Sierra.

Kimi maybe can give you H's Twitter link?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Tamta wrote:
Tbrownsanjo wrote:By: Brian Shields - Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

Very interesting!!

And the back pedaling begins.

Yep - as we discussed on the Hinky -- the words chosen by LE very carefully did not expressly say they had found the car due to tips from the previous day's press release - -only that they were seeking info about the *driver*. We speculated even then that it meant LE always had the car - at least for some time.

So what they don't have is concrete information on who was driving the car at that time in March. And since they say they've had it since March, that still seems to conincide with the dates of the stolen vehicle around the corner -- stolen on 3/16 and recovered on 3/24. What that also tells me is that those ninkampoops had that vehicle all that time and publicly stated they never made the connection to the car seen on the surveillance videos until only recently -- that makes NO SENSE whatsoever. If they didn't make any connection with the surveillance videos, why did they keep the car since March ??? Wouldn't the owner want it back? They would have to have some compelling reason to force the owner to hand it over all this time. But publicly they stated that they had no connection with the car linking to Sierra until only recently. That's BS - because otherwise, they wouldn't have kept the car. If they had no proof or inclination it was linked, then they would have handed it right back over to its owner.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Tamta wrote:

I'm not an Hosteno follower, but more details of her observations may be contained in her tweets.

Apparently she feels that more than one attempt at abductio(or stalking, not sure) n was made upon her daughter and subsequently the girl was being seen off on the bus by a grandmother.

Hotsteno has not posted any attempts on her own daughter that I am aware of. That is news to me. She is a very proactive parent who had the fortune of her own mother being able to watch her child get onto the bus stop every morning safely.

Twitter.com/hotsteno
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 15, 2012 1:54 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Hotsteno has not posted any attempts on her own daughter that I am aware of. That is news to me. She is a very proactive parent who had the fortune of her own mother being able to watch her child get onto the bus stop every morning safely.

Twitter.com/hotsteno

Links regarding Hostenos statements regarding threats agAinst her daughter are on the Hinky Meter Thread for Sierra!!!!

RIP....
Probably findable elsewhere but I'm not going to search.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Tamta wrote:
kimi_SFC wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Twitter.com/hotsteno

Links regarding Hostenos statements regarding threats agAinst her daughter are on the Hinky Meter Thread for Sierra!!!!

RIP....
Probably findable elsewhere but I'm not going to search.

I stand corrected (just wasn't aware).
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 pm

I really wish that there would be a significant break in this case... this is going on waaaaayyyy too long!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Is hotsteno aware of this page? Haven't seen her post on this website.
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next