Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

+37
CuriousPortlander
junie4justice
Mylife101
Calypso
One Wonders
Betty P
ishi
Mrs. Holmes
olivier57
Freckles
Alessandra_Deux
Lash
Ann - Tx
SweetT
carlakay
khintx
playmuni
Inparadise
Julie
Dis
wonderingwhy
starlight
Bmore
Marica
KZ
inthedark
Justice4all
Twinkie
Willow123
Hinky's Mimi
Puzzler
Scoobydoo
glazier
Tamta
Eileen_Dover
Wig-o-matic
GlaringError
41 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Adhesive types and how they differ

-hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).

-natural rubber
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.

-acrylic
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.

-silicone
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.

-zinc oxide
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 pm

GlaringError wrote:Wig~O ... you intrigue me....

"Tamata~

I'm sorry. I'm not buying it.

Imo, basic common sense and physics over rule elaborate rhetoric.

Lucas stated with regards to the tape that the..."position and size would have been unusual for evidence of leg binding." Well, her legs were not bound with tape in the end. They were bound with rope.

However, that does not preclude that her legs were not first bound to the chair with tape and then later hogtied with the rope. Apparently, during various stages of her torture her strong legs became a pesky problem for her murders.

Still not getting how Lucas ruled suicide without first completely eliminating homicide as the cause of death. The indicators clearly show that Rebecca did not kill herself.

The above represents my opinion."
H
The problem is that they want to use one type of reasoning to support suicide and then to flip the script and claim the exact opposite in regard to the tape on the legs.

No

Catching up sorry so late.

What Lucas did in his AR was to cite and describe his findings in such a way so as not to appear inconsistent with his conclusion.
In this way he proved suicide because his observations were not articulated or considered by him to indicate other circumstances, by contradicting the circumstance he was proving.

The subgaleal hemorages, sticky residue, blue shirt were not described in a way that showed them to not possess any quality of significant dissimilarity to the other citations he was making about the circumstances of her death.

According to him, there seemed nothing to exclude.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Just for the record, Dr Wecht stated that it CANNOT be ruled out that Rebecca was strangled before she was hanged.
So much damage to the front of her neck while little to the back (posterior).
http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/show/2/527/show_2527531.mp3
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 am

Tamta wrote:
glazier wrote:This may be a dumb question, but why doesn't Anne Bremer
file a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in this case?
Surely if it's a such a slam-dunk case of Murder as many
believe, it would be an easy victory. I imagine her reputation in the Legal community would soar not to mention the enormous Financial windfall for all involved.
Plus obviously Closure for the Families involved.

Is there something standing in the way of this, or maybe
other recourses must be exhausted first, such as coroner's
inquest?

Who would be the defendant?

Right now, there's no one to file against.
It's a suicide.
A couple of thoughts on this:
Cyril Wecht in his Websleuths radio interview suggested the case should be moved to Los Angeles. Not sure if this is possible...Anyone know?

Remember the OJ case? The jury said he was innocent, yet he was later sued and lost the wrongful death civil suit.

In this case, Rebecca's family could sue for wrongful death based on JS did not provide security for her, leaving her alone in that 27 room mansion without a dog, door unlocked, and ADT security turned off or not working, sending her a devastating voice mail at 12:50AM and not making sure she was physically OK under those extreme emotional conditions. Didn't even call his brother to check in on her when Adam was right there in the guest house.

Also Febecca's family could sue SDSO for their bias investigation (list too long to post here!) and Lucas for his bias conclusions in the AR (as stated in Dr Wecht's interview).

If this case were to go to court, EMTs would have to testify, the gym, the doctors, nurses, AT&T, Adam, an enormous list of people would be subpoenaed to come forth.
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 am

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:The tape residue?

Band aid? Some of the residue could be the size of a band aid. Possible cuts from cleaning up the glass from the chandelier? However, the AR does not mention any healed or healing cuts within the tape residue. In my opinion just say NO to band aids.

The AR did not mention any transferred trace evidence? Rebecca allegedly had just showered. Since the tape residue did not wash off in the shower, how did the residue itself remain so clean and sticky? If Rebecca tied the rope to the bed, wouldn't she have likely bent down on her knees? Again, no mention in the AR of any findings of carpet fibers, red rope fibers, blood, black paint, human, dog or cat hair found on the "areas of sticky" tape residue.

On the anterolateral mid left shin there is a 1 x 5/8 inch gray piece of material and two smaller pieces just distal to it, measuring 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch (Comment:appears similar to tape residue). On the lateral distal right lower leg there is 1-1/4 x 5/8 inch area consisting of three horizontal oriented, parallel, somewhat evenly spaced, areas of sticky, tan-gray apparent tape residue. They are situated between 3/16 and 5/16 inch apart. 

Say NO to leg waxing?
Tamta - although I think you are being sarcastic (?), the marks are all horizontal not vertical as in leg waxing, so that can be ruled out... Did LE check the bathroom trash for used waxing tape stripes? Yea, right...
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:53 am

Adam sent a text message to Jonah saying Rebecca hung herself at the same time he called 911 to report "Got a girl, hung herself." (Guess he is an ambidextrous tug boat captain, clever with his hands...)

Why did Adam text Jonah with the devastating shocking horrific news that he had just found his long-time loving girlfriend hanging nude bound and gagged rather than call him? To create an alibi for Jonah. In my opinion as always.
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 am

Wig-o-matic wrote:
Eileen_Dover wrote:A better view of second knot - IMO it was knotted before slipping the rope through the bed post, perhaps to ensure if when the bed jumped, the rope wouldn't slip under the post? making it a tighter fit?? No idea really...

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 Second_knot

Eileen~

I don't think the rope would slip under the bed post because it is threaded over the bar behind the post so it can't move down. Could the extra knot also prevent the bed from lifting up during the drop?

The extra knot definitely appears to be a stabilizing mechanism. Afro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please see the link on Tow Ropes here and also investigate other links. On THM, someone was able to find the same rope featured under Tow ropes... that knot right above the loop is a factory applied knot and keeps the loop intact. I am more interested in why someone appeared to tie the OTHER knot seen near the bed frame ... above the factory "loop knot".... as that one is not from the factory. Anyway, you will find almost all the towing ropes that end in a loop will have that very knot and it comes from the factory that way. Also, it seems most tow ropes used for inner tube play are red... this example in link below is not red... but design is the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Monster-Tube-Tow-Rope/dp/B0019BV3BO

Some of the tow ropes come with the "float" made from a tube of foam rubber and some do not. At any rate, the rubber float could easily be cut off.... or could have come off earlier during the normal or rough use of the rope for towing games on the boat.
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 am

Eileen_Dover wrote:Adam sent a text message to Jonah saying Rebecca hung herself at the same time he called 911 to report "Got a girl, hung herself." (Guess he is an ambidextrous tug boat captain, clever with his hands...)

Why did Adam text Jonah with the devastating shocking horrific news that he had just found his long-time loving girlfriend hanging nude bound and gagged rather than call him? To create an alibi for Jonah. In my opinion as always.

And then, why did Jonah call Dina, of all people, and tell her Rebecca hung herself????

To create an alibi for Dina.

The cover-up is becoming solidified.
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Due to Sheriff Gore, we now know that just because a person's phone pings in a location, does not mean that the owner of the phone is in that location: Sheriff Gore admitted that they had the location of Dina's phone, but no confirmation that she was in that location - I believe it was at the hospital.

Oh, my...the rammifications of "fine" details.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Before and After

Sheriff Gore before the Zahau family received Rebecca's case file -

REPORTER: Can you confirm where Dina was that night?

GORE: She was at Children's Hospital.

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=hdtYj

Sheriff Gore after the Zahau family received Rebecca's case file -

GORE: I forgot what the question was.

REPORTER: Dina on surveillance tape.

GORE: [Peruses document for 20 seconds] We don’t have her on surveillance tape. Her position was determined through GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady's Children's Hospital.

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=yea8bh

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

San Diego News Conference Video from 9/2/2011

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Puzzler wrote:Due to Sheriff Gore, we now know that just because a person's phone pings in a location, does not mean that the owner of the phone is in that location: Sheriff Gore admitted that they had the location of Dina's phone, but no confirmation that she was in that location - I believe it was at the hospital.

Hi Puzzler - am trying to get caught up here... The ping from Dina's phone was not even at the hospital. It was in the VICINITY of the hospital, according to Gore. Geez louise...
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Oops, I should have read forward as Lash had already commented about VICINITY. Thanks Lash for comparing the BEFORE and AFTER, for which there are quite a few. Time willing, will make a list...

BTW am missing Wig-o-matic's comments. He/she is great at presenting new angles, and eloquently at that..
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Lash wrote:Before and After

Sheriff Gore before the Zahau family received Rebecca's case file -

REPORTER: Can you confirm where Dina was that night?

GORE: She was at Children's Hospital.

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=hdtYj

Sheriff Gore after the Zahau family received Rebecca's case file -

GORE: I forgot what the question was.

REPORTER: Dina on surveillance tape.

GORE: [Peruses document for 20 seconds] We don’t have her on surveillance tape. Her position was determined through GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady's Children's Hospital.

https://viewer.zoho.com/download?genFile=yea8bh

shifty Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 836886

Ok.
So the intervals at which a tower would connect with a gps system in a device is almost 45 minutes in some phones no?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:Oops, I should have read forward as Lash had already commented about VICINITY. Thanks Lash for comparing the BEFORE and AFTER, for which there are quite a few. Time willing, will make a list...

BTW am missing Wig-o-matic's comments. He/she is great at presenting new angles, and eloquently at that..
Eileen - You're welcome. The BEFORE and AFTER post already started a "hmmm" what about the other alleged facts that fall into that flip/flop category. I sometimes wonder if public officials and politicians are required to take a class on the proper etiquette of flip flopping.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
Puzzler wrote:Due to Sheriff Gore, we now know that just because a person's phone pings in a location, does not mean that the owner of the phone is in that location: Sheriff Gore admitted that they had the location of Dina's phone, but no confirmation that she was in that location - I believe it was at the hospital.

Hi Puzzler - am trying to get caught up here... The ping from Dina's phone was not even at the hospital. It was in the VICINITY of the hospital, according to Gore. Geez louise...

Ha..so I see...the "vacinity"...Geez, Louise - ditto!
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Puzzler wrote:
Eileen_Dover wrote:

Ha..so I see...the "vacinity"...Geez, Louise - ditto!

Right. This makes me sick!

Not that it matters, but I would love to see WHEN the phone was IN THE VICINITY of RCH starting from when Max was hurt until a day after Rebecca was found.
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:Just for the record, Dr Wecht stated that it CANNOT be ruled out that Rebecca was strangled before she was hanged.

Yes!

She died of asphyxia and was found with a rope.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Tamta wrote:
Eileen_Dover wrote:Just for the record, Dr Wecht stated that it CANNOT be ruled out that Rebecca was strangled before she was hanged.

Yes!

Tamta - wondering if you listened to the entire radio interview with Dr Wecht. While he expresses respect for Dr Lucas as a pathologist (IMO), he strongly disagrees with the conclusions. Especially with the size and extent of blows to the head, which Lucas tried to minimize at the Nov. 17 briefing, as well as the damage to the neck... NOTHING to the posterial. Dr Wecht is vehement that CANNOT conclude she was not strangled before hanged!
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Yes!

Tamta - wondering if you listened to the entire radio interview with Dr Wecht. While he expresses respect for Dr Lucas as a pathologist (IMO), he strongly disagrees with the conclusions. Especially with the size and extent of blows to the head, which Lucas tried to minimize at the Nov. 17 briefing, as well as the damage to the neck... NOTHING to the posterial. Dr Wecht is vehement that CANNOT conclude she was not strangled before hanged!

Thanks, Tamta & Ilene...

Would this be considered usual in a hanging... the NOT BEING ABLE to EXCLUDE STRAGULATION PRE-HANGING? I don't know, because I have absolutely no knowledge, of any kind, about hanging. One of the first things that struck me so many months ago when the autopsy was first released was the second, thin ligature mark on Rebecca's neck.

It does sound like Lucas was thorough (I suppose he deserves credit for that). But he still helps to cover the truth *thumbs down*
GlaringError
GlaringError

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen_Dover Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Innocence Project: a national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted individuals and reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice.

Law Enforcement
Evidence of negligence, fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police is disturbingly common in the DNA exoneration cases. Almost half of the exonerees who filed appeals or habeas petitions claimed government misconduct or cited government misconduct as the source of the problem. When the State hides evidence before a trial, it may never come to light. That makes it all the more remarkable how often these exonerees later uncovered that the State concealed evidence that would have strongly supported their case.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Ronald Taylor: served 12 years in Texas after faulty lab tests
John Restivo: wrongfully convicted in NY based on forensic misconduct
Bernard Webster: served 20 years in Maryland due to forensic misconduct
Rickie Johnson: served 25 years in Louisiana for a crime he didn't commit

These are just a few of the many cases where forensic misconduct or mistakes have led to wrongful convictions and conclusions. These cases were overturned.

IMO Rebecca's case is a perfect example of forensic misconduct that resulted in her being convicted (case closed) of a crime she did not commit: killing herself. She was a woman who was injustly, terribly discriminated against by those investigating her death. A wrongful death suit can be and should be claimed against SDSO for misconduct, bias investigation and destroying and/or concealing evidence.
Eileen_Dover
Eileen_Dover

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:26 am

Eileen_Dover wrote:Innocence Project: a national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted individuals and reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice.

Law Enforcement
Evidence of negligence, fraud or misconduct by prosecutors or police is disturbingly common in the DNA exoneration cases. Almost half of the exonerees who filed appeals or habeas petitions claimed government misconduct or cited government misconduct as the source of the problem. When the State hides evidence before a trial, it may never come to light. That makes it all the more remarkable how often these exonerees later uncovered that the State concealed evidence that would have strongly supported their case.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Ronald Taylor: served 12 years in Texas after faulty lab tests
John Restivo: wrongfully convicted in NY based on forensic misconduct
Bernard Webster: served 20 years in Maryland due to forensic misconduct
Rickie Johnson: served 25 years in Louisiana for a crime he didn't commit

These are just a few of the many cases where forensic misconduct or mistakes have led to wrongful convictions and conclusions. These cases were overturned.

IMO Rebecca's case is a perfect example of forensic misconduct that resulted in her being convicted (case closed) of a crime she did not commit: killing herself. She was a woman who was injustly, terribly discriminated against by those investigating her death. A wrongful death suit can be and should be claimed against SDSO for misconduct, bias investigation and destroying and/or concealing evidence.

Eileen - TY

Very interesting about a wrongful death suit could be claimed against SDSO for misconduct - I wonder if the Zahau Family has any thoughts about doing just that?
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 am

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/best-beaches-it-s-official-coronado-is-dr-beach-s-fave-for-2012

It's Official: Coronado is Dr. Beach's Fave for 2012
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Anne Bremner Facebook -

Anne Bremner
Saturday

For all who follow (and support the reopening of) the Rebecca Zahau case, the case is still under review by the California Attorney General. Thank you for your interest and support.

Anne Bremner
Saturday at 3:38pm

Just that, all of our investigation and analysis went to the AG. We have been working hard and welcome input.

Anne Bremner
11 hours ago

Thank you all so much. Keep the faith.

https://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow123 Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I guess that is better than nothing. I sure wish AB would give us a little more.

Thanks Lash!

Willow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Lash wrote:Anne Bremner Facebook -

Anne Bremner
Saturday

For all who follow (and support the reopening of) the Rebecca Zahau case, the case is still under review by the California Attorney General. Thank you for your interest and support.

Anne Bremner
Saturday at 3:38pm

Just that, all of our investigation and analysis went to the AG. We have been working hard and welcome input.

Anne Bremner
11 hours ago

Thank you all so much. Keep the faith.

Lash - TY

Glad AB gave us an update.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:06 pm

For all the non-believers............

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 7537956974_2863e975df_c
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 pm

HinkySD wrote:For all the non-believers............

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 7537956974_2863e975df_c

Hive Five with my Coach W-R-I-S-T-L-E-T on! Cool
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:47 am

Tamta- I think you forgot you are wearing your pink Coach H-A-T.
Uhm, nicely shaped goatee you have there!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 am

Lash wrote:Tamta- I think you forgot you are wearing your pink Coach H-A-T.
Uhm, nicely shaped goatee you have there!

Lash,

Neck up Hermes only.

Goatee? Time for some sticky residue from a salon I guess!

Laughing
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 pm

This week brings 1 year anniversaries to the Shacknai/Zahau tragedies last July.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm

It is hard to believe it has been a year. My thoughts are with the families that lost loved ones in these terrible tragedies.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow123 Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I agree Lash. It is horrible that these families have suffered such losses.

Willow123

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 7552120944_b399f1df19_b

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-mansion-one-year-later-the-community-moves-on-zahau-shacknai

Dirty, dirty, dirty.........

Shacknai, who founded Medicis (NYSE:MRX), an Arizona pharmaceuticals company, continues to have an agreement to sell the home, while a development team with plans to flip it renovates it.
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 pm

HinkySD- I thought it was rather sad the Patch did not give more recognition to Max today rather than the mansion.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm

A Lurid and Tragic Case Draws Attention From Near and Far
By Jennifer Vigil 5:20 am

A Lurid and Tragic Case Draws Attention From Near and Far
For a time the death of Rebecca Zahau attracted the type of media spotlight that has fallen on other infamous investigations, from Laci Peterson to Natalee Holloway.

More @ Link-

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/a-lurid-and-tragic-case-draws-attention-from-near-and-far-zahau-shacknai-year-anniversary
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkie Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:39 am

It's hard to believe it's been a year since the death (murder, IMO) of this beautiful young woman. This time one year ago tonight, here's no telling what was going on in that home. My heart breaks to think about it. What was done to her is beyond words. May she rest in peace. I pray for justice, not just for her family but especially Rebecca ~
Twinkie
Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

New mansion mystery death details from mother of Max Shacknai, boy who died at Coronado home

July 12, 2012
Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - The mother of Max Shacknai, the boy who died after a fall in a Coronado mansion last year, shares her story in the August issue of "Phoenix Magazine."

“My first wish is to have him back,” Dina Shacknai told the magazine. “My second wish is to have [Rebecca Zahau] back… to ask her what happened."

Police said 6-year-old Max Shacknai fell down the main staircase of the home last July in what appeared to be a tragic accident.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 am

RIP Rebecca and Max...everyone who has been waiting for justice and answers is still here...it's been a year, but sometimes these things take time. We will all know the truth soon.
inthedark
inthedark

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 am

Zahau's Sister Says Family Will Continue to Press for New Probe

Younger sister Snowem Horwath, of Germany, said even “if it takes many years” she will continue to challenge finding that Rebecca Zahau killed herself.

By Jennifer Vigil | 5:40 am

Editor's note: One year ago two people died following incidents at the Spreckels mansion. Public fascination continued for weeks afterward, peaking in September as the cases were determined to have been a suicide and an accident, not crimes. This week, Patch revisits the deaths of Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai in pieces about the storied home connected to them, an upcoming book and the loved ones who have dealt with the aftermath of the tragedies.

Read more:

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau-s-sister-says-family-will-continue-to-press-for-new-probe-shacknai
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:54 am

I'm glad Dina is speaking out and anxious to read the magazine article. Several new and confirmed details in just today's snips.

I'm curious for a better understanding of the statement regarding babysitting Max alone while other Zahau family members were present? It may sound simple enough, however there are quite a few different ways this could be interpreted. I hope it is explained more in the magazine article.

Snip- Dina also reveals to the magazine that she and Jonah agreed on certain rules for Rebecca regarding Max. She tells the Outhier that Rebecca was not allowed to attend school functions, not allowed to take Max across state lines, and not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home#ixzz20VtxJdc4
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 am

Alessandra & Lash - TY for the links.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 F2765650

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Dina's article on Rebecca's death anniversary!

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home

PARADISE VALLEY, AZ - The mother of Max Shacknai, the boy who died after a fall in a Coronado mansion last year, shares her story in the August issue of "Phoenix Magazine."

“My first wish is to have him back,” Dina Shacknai told the magazine. “My second wish is to have [Rebecca Zahau] back… to ask her what happened."

Police said 6-year-old Max Shacknai fell down the main staircase of the home last July in what appeared to be a tragic accident.

Max is the son of Jonah Shacknai, a Scottsdale businessman.

Two days after Max’s fall, Jonah’s girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, took her own life, according to investigators.

Zahau was babysitting Max when the child fell. Zahau’s family insists she was murdered, but detectives refute such claims.

Dina believes there’s more to Max’s death, too.

“It’s still my job to find out what really happened to him. Isn’t it?” she said.

Craig Outhier, the writer, details how the Paradise Valley mother dressed her son in his favorite soccer uniform one last time before he passed away.

“She pulled the shorts over his legs, tied his cleats and used some gel to style his hair in the fauxhawk, he liked so much. She fell asleep next to him, and in the morning, for one dreamlike split-second, she forgot he’d ever been hurt," he wrote.

Dina also reveals to the magazine that she and Jonah agreed on certain rules for Rebecca regarding Max. She tells the Outhier that Rebecca was not allowed to attend school functions, not allowed to take Max across state lines, and not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present.

The August issue of “Phoenix Magazine” hits newsstands on July 19.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/paradise_valley/new-mansion-mystery-death-details-from-mother-of-max-shacknai-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home#ixzz20WeVmFIl

HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:07 pm

I hope hell rains down on SDSO for their unbelievable disgusting explanations of Max's accident and Rebecca's murder.

Max did not defy gravity and fly across the stairwell.

Rebecca did not commit suicide.
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by HinkySD Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 pm

It's Friday the 13th!!

Ugh! Look when the article 'just happened' to be posted!!

July 12th at 10:30pm. Do I hear a scream for 'HELP!' coming from the mansion ... this one year later?

Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11 #2 - Page 2 7563260584_c808f77093_z

Seems the image isn't posting.. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7138/7563260584_c808f77093_z.jpg
HinkySD
HinkySD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Shacknai Moves On With Success in Business and a Salute to His Boy

The Arizona resident, who called the Spreckels mansion his summer home for a time, continues to run a thriving company, while backing a foundation to honor his late son.

By Jennifer Vigil - 5:25 am

Jonah Shacknai has said little about the loss of his son and girlfriend last summer, outside of offering statements through spokespeople and briefly addressing the matter with his company's shareholders a month after the deaths at the Spreckels mansion.

He took a more proactive stance last month, on the day his son would have turned 7, launching a foundation, MaxinMotion, to honor the boy, who suffered head injuries in a fall July 11, 2011.

More @ link-
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/shacknai-moves-on-with-success-in-business-and-a-salute-to-his-boy-zahau

Last edited by Lash on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected article structure)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Spreckels One Year Later: Those Left Behind Contend With Their Losses

The families at the center of the Spreckels case have followed very different paths in the wake of the tragedies, one private, the other very public | 5:50 am

For all the focus on the sensational nature of the deaths associated with the Spreckels mansion – the circumstances, the timing, the people involved – Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai left loved ones who are still grieving today, long after the television cameras have come and gone.

Zahau's family members, who are based in Missouri and Germany, refuse to believe the conclusion that she committed suicide and are fighting to have the case re-opened. 

Max's family appears split: His father, Arizona pharmaceuticals mogul Jonah Shacknai, accepted the findings by the San Diego County Sheriffs Department and the Coronado Police Department in both cases, but mother Dina Shacknai successfully sued the county four months ago to obtain photos taken during the boy's autopsy.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/spreckels-one-year-later-those-left-behind-contend-with-their-losses-zahau-shacknai
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 am

Families speak out on anniversary of Coronado mansion deaths
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:16 AM EDT | Updated: Jul 14, 2012 1:42 AM EDT
By David Gotfredson

Snip - Rudoy told News 8 that the San Diego County Sheriff still has not returned some of Zahau's personal belongs to the family, like her camera, computer or cell phone. He said the Sheriff did make the cell phone available for an independent forensic inspection by an expert hired by the family. That forensic report still is not complete, Rudoy said.

The Coronado mansion currently is undergoing a massive remodel, which includes a new swimming pool dug into the backyard where Zahau's body was found.

The mansion's owner, Arizona millionaire Jonah Shacknai, 55, purchased a beachside vacation home last October in Del Mar for $3.3 million under the company Seafare Holdings LLC, according to real estate records.

Mary Zahau remains painfully aware what both families are going through.

"I can't imagine what they go through either," Zahau said. "Everybody goes through pain and losses in a different way, so I hope they find peace in some way also."

Monday morning in Phoenix, Dina Shacknai will hold a news conference to announce the formation of a foundation in Max's name called Maxie's House.

The organization will push to require a "safety plan" for children of divorced parents.

Skype interviews and more @ link-
http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Lash wrote:Families speak out on anniversary of Coronado mansion deaths
Posted: Jul 14, 2012 1:16 AM EDT | Updated: Jul 14, 2012 1:42 AM EDT
By David Gotfredson

Snip - Rudoy told News 8 that the San Diego County Sheriff still has not returned some of Zahau's personal belongs to the family, like her camera, computer or cell phone. He said the Sheriff did make the cell phone available for an independent forensic inspection by an expert hired by the family. That forensic report still is not complete, Rudoy said.

The Coronado mansion currently is undergoing a massive remodel, which includes a new swimming pool dug into the backyard where Zahau's body was found.

The mansion's owner, Arizona millionaire Jonah Shacknai, 55, purchased a beachside vacation home last October in Del Mar for $3.3 million under the company Seafare Holdings LLC, according to real estate records.

Mary Zahau remains painfully aware what both families are going through.

"I can't imagine what they go through either," Zahau said. "Everybody goes through pain and losses in a different way, so I hope they find peace in some way also."

Monday morning in Phoenix, Dina Shacknai will hold a news conference to announce the formation of a foundation in Max's name called Maxie's House.

The organization will push to require a "safety plan" for children of divorced parents.

Skype interviews and more @ link-
http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

BBM - so JS has purchased yet another beach vacation home
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next