Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  
 ·  60m 60 minutes ago  
Next witness:  jail inmate who was in jail with Hubers in Nov. 2012. Said Hubers would 'wake up screaming.'

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 CDI3kokWgAEk41p
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

^^^CP, look, I did it!!! Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 759197

Thank you to Curious Portlander for the great "how to post a picture" instructions! Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 19983
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Hubers trial: The defense chips away

Amanda Van Benschoten, The Enquirer  7:07 p.m. EDT April 21, 2015

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 635652369276568401-HUBERSDAYSEVEN-4

NEWPORT –  There wasn't any headline-grabbing testimony on the seventh day of Shayna Hubers' murder trial Tuesday in Campbell Circuit Court.

But there was a string of small – yet interesting – nuggets of information, the kind that might stick in a juror's mind, perhaps:

•The psychologist who testified that Hubers was briefly suicidal in jail following the shooting of her on-again-off-again boyfriend Ryan Poston.

•The inmate who said she woke up screaming and crying in the middle of the night.

•The friend who said Hubers' text message about wanting "to turn around and shoot him" during an Oct. 2 visit to a shooting range seemed like "friendly banter" at the time – but who also admitted that Poston had told her he was finished with Hubers more than a month earlier.

•The investigator who found no plane ticket to Hawaii, dying aunt or hospital visit for heart problems in the days leading up to the shooting, contradicting what Hubers told Poston in text messages.

•The forensics and ballistics experts for the defense who said that, while there's no way of knowing which of the six gunshots killed Poston, they believe he was "ambulatory," or in motion and perhaps the aggressor, when the first one struck him.

~Snipped~

^^^Video - Click to play

~Snipped~

Electronic communications has played a prominent role in the case and continued to do so on Tuesday with the introduction of messages sent to friends just days before the shooting.

"My love has turned to hate," Hubers wrote to Christie Oyler, the friend who testified Tuesday.

"My brain has a tripwire in there somewhere, and if it snaps I worry what could happen," Poston wrote to a friend.

Read more:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/21/shayna-hubers-trial-day-seven/26127145/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Crime scene photos: Shayna Hubers murder trial

See some of the evidence photos in the murder trial of the star student accused of murdering her attorney boyfriend.

By Katherine Cavazini
updated11:55 AM EDT, Tue April 21, 2015

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2015/04/21/crime-scene-photos-shayna-hubers-murder-trial
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 pm

~snipped from above~^^^
"The investigator who found no plane ticket to Hawaii, dying aunt or hospital visit for heart problems in the days leading up to the shooting, contradicting what Hubers told Poston in text messages."

I wonder what this is all about??? I wish the judge had allowed live tweeting because we get more of the details.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff   ·  6h  
Ex-Hubers atty testifies autopsy photos showed Poston not shot in the face @Local12

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·  6h  
Next Hubers witness: Wil Zevely, a previous Shayna Hubers attorney @Local12

https://twitter.com/local12jeff
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Mylife101 wrote:~snipped from above~^^^
"The investigator who found no plane ticket to Hawaii, dying aunt or hospital visit for heart problems in the days leading up to the shooting, contradicting what Hubers told Poston in text messages."

I wonder what this is all about??? I wish the judge had allowed live tweeting because we get more of the details.

I believe it is about her seeing another man:

Tuesday's testimony also revealed that Hubers was seeing another man in the days leading up to the shooting.

"It's going to be hard to one day choose between Patrick and Ryan," she wrote Oyler. "One means the future, and one means being with someone I love who doesn't love me as much."

From the same link above...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/21/shayna-hubers-trial-day-seven/26127145/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Defense calls forensic experts to stand in Shayna Hubers trial(Video)

By: Tom McKee
Posted: 12:30 PM, Apr 21, 2015
Updated: 49 mins ago

NEWPORT, Ky. -- The defense in the Shayna Hubers trial moved on to a new line of testimony during proceedings Tuesday.

The defense called two experts to the stand to talk about the six shots that killed Ryan Poston.

Read more:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/highland-heights/defense-calls-forensic-expert-to-stand-in-shayna-hubers-trial
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Mylife101 wrote:^^^CP, look, I did it!!! Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 759197

Thank you to Curious Portlander for the great "how to post a picture" instructions! Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 19983

Cool bounce Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 308578 Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 720319 Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 88030 Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 451488

You're very welcome!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:34 pm

How Ryan Poston was shot at center of Shayna Hubers' defense

Updated: Tue, Apr 21 2015, 07:08 PM EDT

NEWPORT, Ky. (Jeff Hirsh) -- The defense for accused murderer Shayna Hubers is working to show jurors that, contrary to what prosecutors say, Hubers did not shoot and kill her boyfriend in a jealous rage. It was self-defense.

The jury's verdict could come down to the credibility of expert witnesses. Last week, the prosecution put its experts on the stand. This week the jury is hearing from the defense's experts.

The experts agree Hubers shot and killed Ryan Poston at his Highland Heights condo in 2012. What they don't agree on is how the gunfire played out, where he was shot exactly in his body and when he was shot exactly in his body. The answers could help jurors determine whether the shooting was self-defense or whether Hubers was the aggressor because Poston was going to break up with her.

Read more:

http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/How-Ryan-Poston-was-shot-at-center-of-Shayna-Hubers-39-defense-117880.shtml
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:55 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:~snipped from above~^^^

Tuesday's testimony also revealed that Hubers was seeing another man in the days leading up to the shooting.

"It's going to be hard to one day choose between Patrick and Ryan," she wrote Oyler. "One means the future, and one means being with someone I love who doesn't love me as much."

Hmm, the messages were to Ryan. I'm not sure that SH would have wanted RP to know about her seeing another man. Maybe Shayna was trying to guilt trip Ryan into it not being a good time to break up with her because she was dealing with some tough issues such as a dying aunt & trip to hospital for heart problems. Hawaii tickets??? Maybe told Ryan that she bought vacation tickets for the two of them??? It is hard to say with the limitations to the coverage that is permitted. I'll bet Patrick (whoever he is) is really glad he didn't end up with this crazy gal.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:55 am

From AD's posts at 7:55:

"...•The investigator who found no plane ticket to Hawaii, dying aunt or hospital visit for heart problems in the days leading up to the shooting, contradicting what Hubers told Poston in text messages.

•The forensics and ballistics experts for the defense who said that, while there's no way of knowing which of the six gunshots killed Poston, they believe he was "ambulatory," or in motion and perhaps the aggressor, when the first one struck him...."

I would like to know more about those text messages...Seems she was trying to get Ryan to "cling " to her or beg her not to leave... Dunno.

In the JA case, as in this case, for some reason the defense thinks it is "aggression" when the victim "appears in motion" after being struck by a bullet. What, is the victim to just sit there calmly while someone is firing or stabbing them? Logic would tell us the victim WOULD attempt to get away even if that means pushing past the attacker.

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 am

Probably shared:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/04/20/shayna-hubers-self-defense-claim-seldom-used/26077305/

Self Defense claim:
An admission of guilt with justification

"..."In my experience," Sanders said, "self-defense defenses do not go to trial very often because prosecutors generally give great deference to legitimate evidence of self-defense. Those cases usually result in no charges or maybe a plea to a lesser charge if the use of force was excessive or mistaken."

A self-defense claim, Sanders added, often is a dangerous gamble for the accused because it's all-or-nothing – either not guilty and freedom or guilty and a potential life sentence – as it leaves no room for a jury to compromise.

"Adding to the gamble are the off-setting hurdles each side has to overcome," Sanders said. "The prosecution carries the burden of proof which means a split jury will end up in a defense verdict. That said, self-defense is difficult to successfully argue absent some supporting evidence. If the defendant came away from the encounter with no marks or injuries, then the supporting evidence will usually have to come in the form of the defendant's own testimony and putting the defendant on the stand is always risky."

It's unclear if Hubers will testify.

Prosecutors alleged in their case last week that Hubers was irate that Poston broke off their relationship and wanted to date others, so Hubers shot him six times – twice in the head, once under an arm, once in the back and twice in the torso. She also said she shot him that many times to stop Poston from twitching after the initial shot.

While prosecutors still have the burden of proof in a murder case, Fox said Hubers' self-defense claim means she now has to convince jurors "by the preponderance of evidence," or at least 51-49 percent, that she killed Poston to save herself.

Proving self-defense requires three tests

There are three elements that must be proved, Fox said:

•The accused can't be at fault for creating the situation.

"I can't go out and sucker punch somebody and then they take a swing at me, then I beat them to death and claim self-defense," Fox said;

•There was no means of escape.

"If you can flee from the situation reasonably, you can't claim self-defense," Fox said.

•There must be fear of serious physical harm or death.

"In her situation," Fox said, "that's a pretty heavy burden. ... It's going to be hard for her to justify using a gun. I see no evidence of a threat to her physically."

Hubers' defense claim, Fox said, will be hurt by prosecution evidence that shows she shot Poston six time and, on tape, told police she "gave him his nose job he wanted" by shooting him in the face.

"They're going to have a hard time showing she was in fear for her life," Fox said...."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:22 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Hmm, the messages were to Ryan.  I'm not sure that SH would have wanted RP to know about her seeing another man.  Maybe Shayna was trying to guilt trip Ryan into it not being a good time to break up with her because she was dealing with some tough issues such as a dying aunt & trip to hospital for heart problems.  Hawaii tickets???  Maybe told Ryan that she bought vacation tickets for the two of them???  It is hard to say with the limitations to the coverage that is permitted.  I'll bet Patrick (whoever he is) is really glad he didn't end up with this crazy gal.

There is more about Hawaii:

"Sharon Hubers testified that the two were close, though under cross-examination by prosecutors she admitted that in the months before the shooting, she put money into her daughter's bank account for a trip to Indiana – only to learn later that her daughter was actually in Hawaii."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/20/shayna-hubers-trial-day-six/26074015/

I was speculating that she might have told Ryan that she was going to visit "her dying aunt in Hawaii" and went there with the other man. But, I might be mistaken. There isn't enough information about the alleged trip, hopefully we will hear/read more about it.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·  2m  
Witness: heard noises and thought someone in Poston's condo shot the other @Local12

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·   2m  
Hubers trial resumes: next defense witness who was working in a condo next to Poston's @Local12

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 am

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·  32s 
Under cross examination, witness in Hubers case says noise was not bad enough to call police @local12

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 CDMyKmvWMAAx3lG

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 am

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff   ·   53s    
Still uncertain if Hubers will testify in her own defense.  Two other defense witnesses so far today @Local12

Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·   13m  
Next Hubers case witness: clinical psychologist who heard Hubers 911 call and audio of police interview @Local12

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jeff Hirsh @local12jeff  ·  32s 
Under cross examination, witness in Hubers case says noise was not bad enough to call police @local12

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 CDMyKmvWMAAx3lG

Good grief! What noise would this witness need to hear in order for her to justify calling the police? Six gunshots and the sound of a body falling to the floor would be enough to get my fingers dialing either 911 or the police station to do a welfare check at the very least.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:41 pm

What kind of gun?
Was that a Glock or a Sig Sauer?
The Sig makes a HUGE ear splitting sound when fired.
I have heard it!!!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:43 pm

^^^It was a Sig

Last edited by Mylife101 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add directional arrows)
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Psychologist: Hubers had PTSD after shooting

Amanda Van Benschoten, avbnky@nky.com  7:32 p.m. EDT April 22, 2015

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 B9317073613Z.1_20150422192754_000_GOMAJ1RPD.1-0
Dr. Ed Connor ...

NEWPORT –  Shayna Hubers had post-traumatic stress disorder after she shot and killed her boyfriend in October 2012, a clinical psychologist testified Wednesday in her murder trial.

She also exhibited symptoms of bipolar disorder, he said.

Dr. Ed Connor of Erlanger was the 15th and final witness called by defense attorney David Mejia, who rested his case at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday without calling Hubers to the stand.

~Snipped~

Connor testified that Hubers' behavior in the months following the shooting was consistent with someone who had witnessed or experienced a traumatic event.

He spent a total of 12 hours with her spread across nine visits from November 2012 through June 2014 at the request of her former attorney, Wil Zevely.

~Snipped~

Hubers also spoke about the shooting in the third person, he said. In mid-December, Conner administered a 100-question survey, known as a trauma symptom inventory, that's used to help diagnose PTSD.

"I felt it was legitimate and she needed to be medicated for those symptoms," he told the jury.

Connor also administered psychological tests to assess Hubers' emotional state and whether she was competent to stand trial, including an IQ test. She scored 125 – in the 95th percentile. The average IQ in the U.S. is 100.

Hubers graduated cum laude from the University of Kentucky in May 2012, completing a bachelor's degree in psychology in three years. She was pursuing a master's degree in school counseling at the time of the shooting.

She also exhibited symptoms of narcissism, Connor told the jury.

~Snipped~

Ultimately, Connor diagnosed Hubers with bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and personality disorder with narcissistic features. He also noted a history of alcohol and prescription pill abuse, but those were "in remission due to being incarcerated."

Under cross-examination by Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sheryl Heeter, Connor acknowledged some of Hubers' symptoms could also be consistent with being incarcerated and charged with murder.

Read more:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/northern-ky/2015/04/22/shayna-hubers-trial-day-eight/26183047/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Instagram feed shows Shayna Hubers at shooting range

Hubers' friend: Text message threatened Poston

By: Joe Rosemeyer
Posted: 2:25 PM, Apr 22, 2015
Updated: 22 mins ago

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 WCPO_Shayna_Hubers_Instagram_1429726897193_17174982_ver1.0_640_480

Read more:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/highland-heights/shayna-hubers-ryan-poston-instagram-feed-shows-hubers-at-shooting-range
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Defense rests in Hubers' murder trial; closing arguments begin Thursday

Hubers charged with murder in shooting of Ryan Poston

UPDATED 6:11 PM EDT Apr 22, 2015

NEWPORT, Ky. —The defense team for a Northern Kentucky woman accused of murdering her boyfriend became the guides for a jury tour inside the mind of the defendant, Shayna Hubers, all led by a forensic psychologist.

~Snipped~

She is, in my opinion, someone who is quite guarded, emotionally guarded,” defense witness Dr. Ed Conner said.

Conner, who is a forensic psychologist, was called to give perspective to prosecution claims that Hubers was not emotional after the shooting.

Hubers was seen on video in a police interview where officers said she didn't shed a tear.“

Read more:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/hubers-defense-witness-we-heard-arguing-shuffling-then-blunt-noises/32507906
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:46 am

Mylife101 wrote:^^^It was a Sig
I have heard the Sig! I call it the "big boomer" because it is so loud it will take out your ear drums.
My pets have run for cover when they have heard it fired. No one someone could mistake the sound for fire works unless they were the M80s... r bottle launchers or something.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 am

Freckles wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:^^^It was a Sig
I have heard the Sig! I call it the "big boomer" because it is so loud it will take out your ear drums.
My pets have run for cover when they have heard it fired. No one someone could mistake the sound for fire works unless they were the M80s... r bottle launchers or something.

I've never personally heard a sig fired. I've heard a Beretta and a Glock fire and both are plenty loud. If a Sig Sauer is even louder, it seems crazy that neither the couple in the condo downstairs or the women and her daughter in the apartment next to Ryan's place called the police after hearing 6 possible shots fired. SH took her own sweet time calling the police. She waited 15 minutes.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:36 am

From AD above at 9:29:

"...Connor testified that Hubers' behavior in the months following the shooting was consistent with someone who had witnessed or experienced a traumatic event...."
Say what? If not for her own actions, she would not be witnessing or experiencing ANY traumatic event! How can she claim AFTER the event this event> Arias tried that, too...

"...Hubers graduated cum laude from the University of Kentucky in May 2012, completing a bachelor's degree in psychology in three years. She was pursuing a master's degree in school counseling at the time of the shooting...."

[/i]Ah! So just how valid are the tests when the psych major knows ALL about the testing procedure? Further, with a major in psych, surely she should have been able to realize she needed help in dealing with the problems of feeling rejected, moving on, etc.?[/i]

"...Ultimately, Connor diagnosed Hubers with bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and personality disorder with narcissistic features. He also noted a history of alcohol and prescription pill abuse, but those were "in remission due to being incarcerated."
So he threw the plate of pasta against the wall to see what would stick...

"...Connor also administered psychological tests to assess Hubers' emotional state and whether she was competent to stand trial, including an IQ test. She scored 125 – in the 95th percentile. ..."

And? Einstein she is NOT! It does not really matter what an IQ is but rather how it is employed.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 am

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2015/...s-murder-trial

Crime scene pics...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 pm

...just because I felt the need to practice my newly learned "picture posting" skill:

Doesn't SH look like a sweet, passive little honey that wouldn't hurt a fly???

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 534694_10151500461764698_171613642_n
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Mylife101 wrote:...just because I felt the need to practice my newly learned "picture posting" skill:

Doesn't SH look like a sweet, passive little honey that wouldn't hurt a fly???

Shayna Hubers, 21, Charged In The Shooting Death Of Ryan Poston, 29 -- Campbell County, KY  - Page 2 534694_10151500461764698_171613642_n

"Once there was a girl
With a curl
Right in the middle
of her forehead.

When she was good,
She was very good.
And when she was bad,
She was HORRIBLE!"
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 pm

If looks could kill...
Could you imagine seeing that as the last thing you saw?
No wonder he wanted her out of his life!
Wow. Sour pickles!!
Give me bones the shivers...

She was a psych major...
imagine her as a counselor...
(Personally, I think she flipped her wig with the pressure of high school and college and then entering her master's program at only 19 yrs old. That is way too young! Was she driven by herself or was she trying to fulfill expectations others had for her? Dunno. )

Last edited by Freckles on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Yikes!!

Reminds of the time CA let her mask slip at the defense table when she turned all "Cujo" on Jose Baez.

Shocked
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't think this has been posted yet, but here's the full 911 call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur-7wzcLIRQ

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected sentence)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Defense begins wrapping up

Updated: Thu, Apr 23 2015, 10:29 AM EDT

...The messages revealed that Patrick's number was saved in Hubers's phone under the name Patricia. The texts also show that Hubers made an interesting request of Oyler, who's now a dentist in Indiana. "Ryan's been begging me to ask if you could do his veneers. Please eff them up and make him ugly so he'll never get another girl. I hate him," Oyler read from a text Hubers sent two days before the shooting.

Read More:  http://local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Defense-begins-wrapping-up-in-Shayna-Hubers-trial-118159.shtml
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Case handed to jury in Shayna Hubers murder trial

Closing arguments concluded Thursday
10:25 AM, Apr 23, 2015

NEWPORT, Ky. – The case is now in the hands of the jury, after jurors deliberated the fate of Shayna Hubers in her murder trial, which concluded late Thursday.

The case was handed to the jury just before 6:30 p.m., after closing arguments came to an end.

The charges the jury can consider are murder, first-degree manslaughter, second-degree manslaughter, reckless homicide or acquittal.

...In closing arguments, Hubers' attorney David Mejia invoked the "the stand your ground" defense.

"You may hear something in this case about Shayna Hubers firing multiple shots. If you believe that she acted in self-defense when that first shot was fired, she is not required to quit shooting. He was alive for all six shots. Whether the number of minutes or seconds after that lasted greater or longer, that is not her responsibility once she acted in self-protection," Mejia said.

Prosecutors, though, argued that six shots add up to murder and pointed to text messages where Hubers said she would shoot him at a gun range and make it look like an accident.

Read more:  http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/highland-heights/closing-arguments-expected-thursday-in-shayna-hubers-trial
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Jury begins deliberating Shayna Hubers' murder charge

Forensic psychiatrists have differing views on Hubers' condition

UPDATED 6:45 PM EDT Apr 23, 2015

ALEXANDRIA, Ky. —A Campbell County jury is deliberating the case against Shayna Hubers, who is accused of killing her boyfriend.

~Snipped~

More rebuttal witnesses for the prosecution took the stand Thursday morning. Hubers watched as prosecutors called a forensic psychiatrist to the stand.

The psychiatrist the prosecution called to the stand, and the psychiatrist the defense called to the stand both agreed Hubers has post-traumatic stress disorder, but the prosecution's witness said she had it before the shooting and it was not a result of the shooting.

Both psychiatrists also agreed Hubers is bipolar and had a problem with alcohol and prescription drugs, but the prosecution's witness said Hubers did not appear to be affected by the problem in the police interview just after the shooting.

"In order to say that somebody is manic, what we have to observe is that the person has persistent and abnormally elevated or expansive or euphoric or irritable mood, and that just isn't the case," forensic psychiatrist Dr. Douglas Mossman said.

Read more:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/closing-arguments-to-wrap-up-in-nky-womans-murder-trial/32528784
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Hubers trial: It's in the jury's hands

Amanda Van Benschoten, avbnky@nky.com  8:56 p.m. EDT April 23, 2015

NEWPORT – Shayna Hubers never took the stand in her trial for the murder of Ryan Poston, but her words played a starring role anyway – from start to finish.

And now, her fate is in the hands of the jury.

Those 12 men and women will decide whether it was murder or self-defense when Hubers shot Poston six times with his own handgun in the dining room of his Highland Heights condominium. Jurors can also consider manslaughter and reckless homicide.

It took nearly four hours Thursday for defense attorneys and prosecutors to make their closing arguments. Both used Hubers' own words to state their cases.

Read more:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/04/23/hubers-trial-jurys-hands/26268465/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:17 am

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago

#shaynahubers was found guilty of murder....sentencing is tomorrow

https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 am

Jury finds Shayna Hubers guilty of murder of Ryan Poston

Jury considers self-defense claim for 5 hours
UPDATED 11:58 PM EDT Apr 23, 2015

NEWPORT, Ky. —A Campbell County jury finds Shayna Hubers guilty of murder in the death of her boyfriend.

Hubers, 24, admitted to shooting Ryan Poston to death in October 2012, but claimed it was in self-defense.

The jury deliberated for five hours Thursday night before finding Hubers guilty of murder. The sentencing portion of the trial will begin at 10 a.m. Friday.

..."There is no other justification for six bullets, there is no justification for her comment after comment after comment about, ‘I knew he was just about dead and he was twitching so I thought I’d put him out of his misery,'" Snodgrass said repeating similar statements made by Hubers, "That is cold-blooded murder."

Read more:  http://www.wlwt.com/news/closing-arguments-to-wrap-up-in-nky-womans-murder-trial/32528784
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:40 am

This guilty verdict is good news. I would say that SH earned that verdict!!!

I wonder what her reaction was?

Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:47 am

Shayna Hubers found guilty of murder (VERDICT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMtYPZITHQ

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:40 am

WOW! I did not think they would return so quickly...not after the JA trial!

geek
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 am

Shayna Hubers found guilty of murder in killing of her boyfriend (Video)

Jury to begin penalty phase at 10 a.m. Friday

By: WCPO Staff
Posted: 10:25 AM, April 23, 2015
Updated: 33 minutes ago

NEWPORT, Ky. – Shayna Hubers has been found guilty of murder in the 2012 killing of her boyfriend, Ryan Poston.

The 12-member jury deliberated for about five hours Thursday evening before reaching its verdict against Hubers just before 11:30 p.m. Closing arguments in the case ended just before 6:30 p.m.

After announcing their decision, jurors asked the penalty phase of the trial be scheduled for 10 a.m. Friday. Hubers could receive up to life-in-prison. Her conviction does not qualify her for a potential death penalty sentencing.

"She's shown us that she's a manipulator, she's shown us that she will say anything she can to get what she wants and, most importantly, what she showed us on October 12, 2012 is that she's a murderer," said Campbell County Commonwealth Attorney Michelle Snodgrass during closing arguments earlier in the day.

Read more:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/campbell-county/highland-heights/closing-arguments-expected-thursday-in-shayna-hubers-trial

(The video shows clips of the closing arguments ...)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:33 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago

Good for the jury. Another narcissistic wacko off the streets. She seems like a pretty vindictive scary gal!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:35 am

Shayna Hubers Found Guilty of Boyfriend's Shooting Death

ABC Breaking US News | US News Videos

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/shayna-hubers-found-guilty-boyfriends-shooting-death-30551010
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 am

Weeziethm wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago

Good for the jury.  Another narcissistic wacko off the streets.  She seems like a pretty vindictive scary gal!

BBM,

^^^ It seems that narcissism is a common personality denominator in the criminal murder trials that we follow here. SH, AH, JA...all narcissists.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am

Does anyone know if the sentencing is televised, or just tweeted? I am on the link above that AD provided, but no updates yet and it's 10 Very Happy

I'm impatient!!!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Shayna Hubers' sentencing is underway

Published: 04/24/2015 12:50 PM
Updated: 04/24/2015 12:55 PM

NEWPORT, Ky. (WTVQ) - Testimony for the sentencing of Shayna Hubers, who was found guilty of murdering her ex-boyfriend Ryan Poston, is underway.  

That testimony started at 10 a.m. On Friday, after Hubers was found guilty Thursday around 11:30 p.m.

Hubers faces a sentence that ranges between 20 years to life for shooting Poston six times in October of 2012.

The defense plans to call Hubers' mother to the stand to talk about her daughter's pre-shooting accomplishments.  The prosecution will start with one of Ryan Poston's three sisters.

The same jury that convicted Hubers in roughly five hours will deliberate Friday and make a sentencing recommendation to Judge Fred Stine.  

http://www.wtvq.com/story/d/story/shayna-hubers-sentencing-is-underway/84843/Dlbr93mawEedlV9moN4AHA
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Jury enters sentencing phase in Hubers' murder trial (Video)

Shayna Hubers convicted of murdering Ryan Poston

By Ben Petracco
Published  12:44 PM EDT Apr 24, 2015

NEWPORT, Ky. —The jury worked late into the night and found Shayna Hubers guilty of murder.

~Snipped~

The jury will determine the sentence that they recommend to the judge. The judge usually follows the recommendations of the jury, but they don’t have to.

*WLWT News 5’s Brian Hamrick explained what is happening in the courtroom Friday.

Hamrick said the prosecution and the defense have already completed their openings and now witnesses are being heard. The jury has heard from the parole board to explain the sentencing.

Hamrick said members of Poston’s family are scheduled to talk about the impact on them. The prosecution explained what they expect.

"That they will feel pain of the loss of their brother, son, grandson, nephew for rest of their lives, and that this loss is permanent," assistant prosecutor Sheryl Heeter said.

Officials said if the jury comes back with a sentence Friday, the judge will likely take that under advisement then schedule the formal sentencing in the next few weeks.

Read more:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/jury-enters-sentencing-phase-in-hubers-murder-trial/32550828

*(Watch the video.)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Enquirer @Enquirer  
 ·  46m 46 minutes ago  
Jury recommends 40 years for Hubers

Amanda VanBenschoten @avbnky  
 ·  46m 46 minutes ago  
@elenda100 Judge will formally sentence at a later date

....it will be interesting to see what the Judge does here!

https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Enquirer @Enquirer  
 ·  46m 46 minutes ago  
Jury recommends 40 years for Hubers

Amanda VanBenschoten @avbnky  
 ·  46m 46 minutes ago  
@elenda100 Judge will formally sentence at a later date

....it will be interesting to see what the Judge does here!

https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ

Recommended 40 years?  Wow!  Looks like whatever the judge does, she won't be getting out for a good, long time.

Thanks, Weezie!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next