Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

+4
jerseyjul1
justanopinion
lostyou
Nene_Please
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Link to Emma Thompson - Thread # 1 --- recent comments on 7/2/14

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Some new comments have been posted on Thread # 1 starting with this comment:

https://realitychatter.forumotion.com/t2705p950-emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-thread-1#237027
RC -   Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page -- "Like"

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:47 pm

If you do Facebook, please "like" the following in honor of precious Emma Thompson:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815
Facebook - Justice For Emma Thompson

There are now 2,232 "Likes".   It would be nice to see even more "Likes" to support justice for Emma!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Thinking of precious Emma Thompson

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Thinking of precious Emma Thompson . . . afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty FOX26 News - Houston, TX upcoming interview with Emma Thompson's aunt Amanda Mathews

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:32 am

This morning I spoke with Amanda Mathews, Emma's maternal aunt and creator of Facebook page, Emma ForJustice.

Amanda advised me that she will be doing an interview with Katie McCall, a reporter/anchor for FOX26 News - Houston, TX.  The purpose of this interview will be to bring awareness to child abuse.  Besides Amanda, there will be others interviewed also.

It appears it will be a well rounded news story.  The interview is being done this afternoon and may air later this week or next week.  Amanda said she will let me know what day so that local people can watch it "live."  She anticipates that FOX26 News will post it on their website and archive it.  If so, I will post the Link here.

For those who have followed the Emma Thompson case closely, you may recall that Katie McCall covered Emma's tragic death and the trials of Emma's mother, Abigail Young, and her then boyfriend, Lucas Coe.  At the time, Katie was a reporter with KTRK - Houston, TX  (ABC News).  Katie did an exceptional job of covering Emma's tragic story.

I met Katie during Lucas Coe's trial in Houston.  Her dedication to child abuse awareness/prevention and especially barely 4 year old Emma Thompson's case has never wavered.  Besides being a reporter/anchor for FOX26 News, Katie, as an individual, is a dedicated child's advocate.

With permission from Amanda Mathews, I would like to post the following from her comment on Emma ForJustice - Facebook:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 602634_223849314411636_1120941235_n
Emma Thompson

Emma ForJustice - (Amanda Mathews, Creator of page)

11/3/2014

Getting to speak about sweet Emma tomorrow to help bring child abuse awareness
feel honored to be asked. What a special niece I had and what a proud Aunt Am I am.
Though she is gone her angels are very much hard at work!!
Loves you BIG much my sweet Emma!!!

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all
Emma ForJustice
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Ann~
I thot of you when I posted this at Developing stories.
What are we coming to?
Where is our sense of morality if not compassion?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2012/03/after_birth_abortion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2012/03/after_birth_abortion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty FOX26 News - Houston, TX interview air date: Thursday, 11/6/14 @ 9 p.m. CST

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:46 pm

The FOX26 News interview with Amanda Mathews (Emma Thompson's maternal aunt) and former Harris County, TX Assistant District Attorney Colleen Barnett is scheduled to air this Thursday, 11/6/14,
at 9 p.m. CST on FOX26 News - Houston, TX.

Ms. Barnett was the Lead Prosecutor in the trials of Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe ( Young's boyfriend at the time).

The following was posted by Amanda Mathews on her Emma ForJustice facebook page:

Went to Fox26 Houston today to talk about my sweet Emma ForJustice. Had such a great interview with Katie McCall. I could talk about Emma all day everyday. Her case was so horrific her death such a tragedy. However today was about shedding light on child abuse and about following your instincts! The piece will air Thursday night at 9PM.

Emma, I won't ever regret standing up for you! My loss of you has made me the person I am today!! You will always be my most beautiful Angel. Aunt Am loves you BIG much!! Send me a wink....I know you are always in my heart and watching over us! XOXOXO

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice?fref=ts
Facebook - Emma ForJustice
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty FOX26 News Interview with Amanda Mathews

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 am

Katie McCall - Reporter/Anchor with FOX26 News - Houston, TX interview
with Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt,
and Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor in the trials of
Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe ( Young's boyfriend at the time).

This interview aired on the FOX26 News at 9 pm on 11/6/14 and was uploaded to YouTube by Amanda Mathews on 11/7/14.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3qsIWmfR_M&feature=youtu.be
YouTube - Emma Thompson
Published on Nov 7, 2014

Katie McCall of Fox26 Houston news reports on the missed opportunity of Baby Emma
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)

Post by Freckles Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 am

Glad to see some stronger laws put into place.
I do NOT feel, however, there should be "good behavior" early release.
That is bull. Especially since it involves a helpless child. I am surprised CPS did NOT have an automatic child removal with STD. bout time that was put into place.

Thanks for the updates.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty "Merry Christmas to Emma in Heaven" - 2014

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:47 am

"Merry Christmas" to precious Emma in Heaven - 2014

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 10635711_568081773322478_4601115557625220312_n~~~ Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 10850174_573406322790023_3317564726777874660_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539  With loving thoughts of precious Emma Thompson during this holiday season . . .
forever and always in my heart!

"Merry Christmas" in Heaven sweet, precious Emma!

Although you are gone . . . long before your time . . . you will never be forgotten!
I know you and all of the angels in Heaven will celebrate the birth of Christ.

Emma, you are in a glorious place now and no one will ever hurt you again because
you are in God's loving care and you now soar with the angels.

Rest in eternal peace and may perpetual light shine upon you, Emma . . .
precious child of God.
  afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:25 am

That was beautiful Ann. Heartbreaking to look at her precious face knowing she is no longer here with us. Rest in peace sweet Emma.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Abigail Young - TDCJ Parole Review update

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Abigail Young is still incarcerated at the  Christina Melton Crain Unit
in Gatesville, Coryell County  - TX.

The following is Parole Review information on Abigail Young
via the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - TX.

Name:
YOUNG,ABIGAIL ELIZABETH                SID Number: 08428403            
  TDCJ Number: 01668233          

Parole Review Information

Parole Review Status  

Not in Parole Review

The offender is currently not in the review process.

Last Parole Decision  

Denied on 09/19/2013

SERVE ALL- Deny parole and not release the offender until the serve-all date, which is the projected release date or minimum expiration date as determined by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Denial reason(s): 2D  

* Note: One or more of the components indicated in each paragraph may apply, but only one is required for denial (D).  

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE INMATE COMMITTED ONE OR MORE VIOLENT CRIMINAL ACTS INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS; OR THE INSTANT OFFENSE OR PATTERN OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY SUCH THAT THE INMATE POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY; OR THE RECORD INDICATES USE OF A WEAPON.  

Next Parole Review Date  

08/16/2018

Source:  
http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/OffenderSearch/offenderDetail.action?sid=08428403
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) - Abigail Elizabeth Young

***______________________________________________***

Justice for Abigail Young's precious daughter, Emma Thompson, who was barely 4 years old when she was brutally raped and murdered by Abigail Young's then boyfriend, Lucas Coe, still prevails!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:15 pm

This is great on the 2018 date. Maybe she knows now that justice for Emma is going to happen because there is people that care even those she is a heartless so called mother that did not care enough to save her. Also sorry about my aviator. It us after my youngest daughters baby shower with her first child. She is now pregnant with number three
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Precious Emma Thompson . . .

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:42 am

Two beautiful photos of Emma Thompson which are posted on Facebook - In the Loving Memory of Emma Thompson:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 564140_405437419508026_461267682_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 196087_468747183177049_968264293_n

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/164887140229723/photos/pb.164887140229723.-2207520000.1426929665./405437419508026/?type=1&theater

Facebook - In the Loving Memory of Emma Thompson
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty 24,674 views of the Emma Thompson threads 1 & 2

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:56 am

The total current views of Threads 1 and 2 at Reality Chatter as of this date/time:  24,674.

Thread 1:  14,872 views

Thread 2:    9,802 views

I think this is remarkable.   Emma Thompson's case did not have national coverage but did have excellent media coverage in Texas including the greater Houston, Brenham and Bryan areas.

Also, world wide interest in Emma's case was generated through the following forums:

Reality Chatter, The Hinky Meter (when it existed) and Websleuths.

I have no idea of the total views of The Hinky Meter and Websleuths forums.  I would think in the 50,000 to possibly 100,000 range.

The following two Facebook pages also contributed to major interest in Emma Thompson's case:

Justice For Emma Thompson

Emma ForJustice

Once again . . .

Special thanks to everyone who supported justice for precious Emma Thompson and was a voice for Emma when her mother, Abigail Young, became eligible for parole.  Your voice for Emma was heard.

The Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles (TBPP) read every letter sent to them by all who wrote a letter protesting Young's parole.  Your letter (voice for Emma) counted!

Young became eligible for parole twice and TBPP denied parole both times!

Thanks to the efforts of Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, and a Texas State Representative in the passage of Emma's Law in 2013, TBPP did a 5 year "set off date" and Young will not be eligible for parole review until 2018.

Emma is gone . ... .  but she will never be forgotten!

Rest in peace, sweet Emma!   afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 am

And thank you Ann for keeping us update to date so we could fight her parole. It seems there is not enough justice for the young as they do not get to grow and live out their lives but with people like you and her grandmother laws are making sure the perps will not see the light of day. I am fortunate to be friends with a lady name Rona Smith, which she just married but I am using her name before because the Google's will needed to be done on this name , but her sister Retha Stratton was murdered in Fort Worth by Wesley Wayne Miller and Rona fought to keep her killer behind bars. He is the only convicted killer to do day for day in Texas due to Rona fighting for changing to the laws. Her passion to fight for her sister bought me to tears several times. She had several of Retha friends with her as one of them was sexually assaulted by him and it could not be proven it was him because he wore a mask and DNA testing back then was still in the stone age.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Comment by Emma Thompson's maternal aunt on Facebook

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:17 pm

The following was posted by Amanda Matthews today, 6/9/15,  on her Facebook page, Emma ForJustice.  Amanda created this page for her precious niece, Emma Thompson, long ago.

This "post" by Amanda is heartfelt.  It brought tears to my eyes.  This date, 6 years ago, is the last time Amanda saw her precious barely 4 year old niece alive.

This page was also instrumental, like Justice For Emma Thompson (Facebook),  in encouraging folks from all over the world to write letters to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles and request that they deny Abigail Young, Emma's mother and Amanda's sister, parole twice.
~~~~~~~

Emma ForJustice

48 mins ·   6/9/2015

.6 years ago today was the last weekend I spent with you! I wish in my heart that I would have known the truth! I wish I wouldn't of been blinded by trusting my sister the one woman besides myself that I thought would at no expense not protect you and your sisters! 6 years ago I knew nothing of what was happening to you and I wish that God would have guided my blind eyes to see Lucas Coe that monster for what he was! I no longer blame myself for God knows who is responsible for your abuse neglect and death! It's always hard to reflect on these last days I spent with you because I remember you were sad and not yourself! I remember your sweet smile asking me when I was leaving and when your daddy was coming home! I remember tucking you in and you asking me to close your door after reading you a bed time story! Little did I know the boogie man was not the reason you wanted your light left on but your Moms boyfriend was that reason! If I knew then what I know now I would have wrapped you up in my arms and taken you far away from there! I didn't see any bruises on you and I knew you were acting different but I believed that to be your Daddy moving out and the changes you were going through in you sweet little 4 year old mind! Emma you have taught me to look at the big picture to ask questions and to never ignore a gut feeling! You made me the person I am today and for you I will be forever greatful! I think of you all day everyday... When I see a beautiful sun rise you are the thought that crosses my mind and every time the sky turns pink during a Galveston Bay sunset I know your halo is shinning in the silver lining of the clouds! Your cousin misses you too and we remember that you are the reason we tell the truth at any expense! Thank you for the 4 years you blessed us with your presence and for the time on this earth that you made us smile! I miss you my most beautiful angel now and forever! Send me a wink from the heavens above "I love yous big much" baby girl! Love always,
Aunt Am

PS You will always be my most beautiful angel! XOXO

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice?fref=nf
Facebook - Emma ForJustice
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma's Law - State of Texas - Signed into Law on 6/14/13

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:38 am

Remembering two years ago . .. . .

June 14, 2013 was a significant day for the State of Texas in honor of Emma Thompson.

EMMA'S LAW:

On June 14, 2013, then Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed HB431 into law .. . .Emma's Law in honor of Emma Thompson, a barely 4 year old innocent child who was brutally raped and beaten to death by Lucas Coe on June 27, 2009.

As a result of Emma's Law, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles gave Abigail Young, Emma Thompson's mother and girlfriend of Lucas Coe at the time of Emma's murder, a 5 year set-off when they denied Young parole during her second parole review in August, 2013.

Special thanks to Laurie Thompson, Emma's paternal grandmother, State of Texas Rep. Debbie Riddle and Andy Kahan,  City of Houston Crime Victims Office director -  for their hard work in getting Emma's Law passed in 2013.   Also, special thanks to the Texas House of Representatives and Texas Senators who unanimously passed this very important law in honor of the precious child, Emma Thompson,  who captured the hearts of many world-wide.  There was NOT one opposition vote!    Way to go, Texas!

The State of Texas enacted "Emma's Law" (in honor of Emma Thompson) during the 2013 Legislative Session. Gov. Rick Perry signed HB431 into law on June 14, 2013.

This was precious Emma Thompson's last Christmas in December, 2008:

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 1471318_663894203741234_2581838032864006824_n

Gone . . .  but never, ever forgotten!  afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Six years ago today, Emma Thompson was pronounced dead . . .

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:44 am

Remembering Emma Thompson  . . .

Six years ago today, 6/27/15, Emma Thompson flew up to Heaven on the wings of an angel.  She was barely 4 years old.

Emma was a victim of sexual child abuse by her mother's (Abigail Young) then boyfriend, Lucas Coe.    On 6/27/09, Lucas Coe sexually assaulted and beat Emma to death.  Emma sustained horrific injuries.  She died a brutal, horrific, painful death. (per Lucas Coe's trial testimony in Houston, Harris County, TX in September, 2010).

In September, 2010, Lucas Coe was convicted and found guilty, as charged, of super aggravated sexual assault of a child under age 6.

The heightened charge meant Coe would NOT be eligible for parole if convicted.  He was convicted and found guilty as charged.  Coe was sentenced to Life Without Parole and will NEVER be paroled!

Justice for Emma Thompson prevails!

In July 2010, Abigail Young, Emma's mother, was found guilty of reckless serious bodily injury to a child by omission.  She was sentenced to 20 years in state prison which is the maximum sentence for that charge.  

Jurors actually convicted Young of the lesser of two possible charges. If they had been convinced that Young, a Registered Nurse,  “intentionally or knowingly” failed to protect her daughter, she could have faced a life sentence.

It is unfortunate Young was not found guilty of the more serious charge.   The consolation is that she was found guilty and sentenced to 20 years in state prison.

Justice for Emma prevails!

A few months after Abigail Young's trial, one of the jurors contacted me.  She was horrified that Abigail Young was up for parole after serving only a few months of a 20 year sentence.  She said she regrets not being the "hold out" and finding Young guilty of the more serious charge.

Today .. . . Lucas Coe continues to serve his Life WITHOUT Parole sentence at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice -  McConnell Unit in Beeville, TX.  He will spend the rest of his life in state prison!

Abigail Young, after two denied parole reviews, continues to serve her 20 year sentence at Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Christina Melton Crain Unit in Gatesville, TX.  Her next parole review is in 2018.

Emma is gone, but she will never, ever be forgotten by her family and the many friends and supporters who sought justice for precious Emma Thompson.    Rest in peace, Emma . . . precious child of God!

In Loving Memory of precious Emma Thompson  . . .

Emma, it has been 6 years that you left this earth and flew to Heaven on the wings of an angel.  

I know that you are.. . .safe in Heaven . . .  and no one will ever hurt you again.

You are now in God's loving care and one of God's sweetest, most beautiful little angels.

Walk hand in hand with Jesus, precious Emma .. . . .

And fly and soar high with the angels in Heaven!    afro

You are gone . . ..  but you will never, ever be forgotten!  

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, Emma . . . justice prevails for you here on earth! ~ ~ ~

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 11659329_667437033386951_4243769634429415469_n
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Another Texas law to aid the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles - 2015

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:39 pm

The following post was made my Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, on Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page. Many thanks to Laurie for this very important update.

Governor Abbott is Governor Greg Abbott of Texas.
~~~~~

POST BY LAURIE THOMPSON:

Today (6/27/15) at 2:09pm

HB 3387 was signed into law by Governor Abbott last week. This bill gives the parole board discretion to assign sex offender conditions to anyone being considered for release whose crime contributed to or was complicit in the commissioning of sexual injury or sexual assault. It is one more measure to protect children, the elderly and/or disabled from sexual predators or those with a proven track record enabling sexual predators. It is a recognition that they cannot be trusted to be near children, the elderly or disabled in the greater community. It will hopefully prevent these released offenders from having access to living arrangements, schools, hospitals, clinics, day care centers, school buses & any kind of employment that can bring them into contact with those at greatest risk. It is now in effect and ready for consideration in 2018.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815?ref=profile
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Tribute in honor of Emma Thompson by "Piper" of Reality Chatter

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:44 pm

This video was made in September, 2010 by "Piper" of Reality Chatter to honor precious Emma Thompson.
"Sissy's Song" was played at Emma's Memorial Service.

Although Piper no longer posts here, she is missed by many and she was so very supportive in justice for Emma Thompson.

Piper, I think of you often and it is so nice to know that your business venture is a success!   Once again, thank you for all of the beautiful videos and pics you made especially for sweet little Emma!
~~~~~

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty State of Texas HB 3387 - Texas Legislature - 2015

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
The following post was made my Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother, on Justice For Emma Thompson facebook page. Many thanks to Laurie for this very important update.

Governor Abbott is Governor Greg Abbott of Texas.
~~~~~

POST BY LAURIE THOMPSON:

Today (6/27/15) at 2:09pm

HB 3387 was signed into law by Governor Abbott last week. This bill gives the parole board discretion to assign sex offender conditions to anyone being considered for release whose crime contributed to or was complicit in the commissioning of sexual injury or sexual assault. It is one more measure to protect children, the elderly and/or disabled from sexual predators or those with a proven track record enabling sexual predators. It is a recognition that they cannot be trusted to be near children, the elderly or disabled in the greater community. It will hopefully prevent these released offenders from having access to living arrangements, schools, hospitals, clinics, day care centers, school buses & any kind of employment that can bring them into contact with those at greatest risk. It is now in effect and ready for consideration in 2018.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Emma-Thompson/203731323059815?ref=profile

For those interested in reading Texas HB3387, please click on the following link which is to the Texas Legislature site.  Adobe Reader is required.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84R/billtext/pdf/HB03387F.pdf#navpanes=0
State of Texas - Texas Legislature - 2015   --  HB3387
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty "Merry Christmas - 2015 to precious Emma Thompson!"

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 am

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539       Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539          

" Merry Christmas" to precious Emma Thompson!   afro  

EMMA THOMPSON CHRISTMAS MEMORIAL

During this Christmas season 2015, precious Emma Thompson will be remembered by those who loved and cared about her.

Please take the time to view this video and see all of the beautiful pictures of sweet, little Emma! This video was made by my dear friend, Piper, of Reality Chatter, on December 20, 2010. Special thanks to Piper!

Emma touched and captured the hearts of many world-wide as the details of her brutal, horrific sexual assault and murder became known in 2009.

As the result of her horrific death at barely age 4, the State of Texas made changes in CPS rules/regulations in 2009/2010 and Emma's Law, in honor of Emma Thompson, was passed by the Texas Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Rick Perry in June, 2013.

Perhaps the CPS changes will save a child and perhaps Emma's Law will be a deterrent to those who might think of the outcome before abusing or murdering an innocent, defenseless child.

~ ~ ~ Rest in peace, precious Emma! Gone . . . but never forgotten. ~ ~ ~
  Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 643974
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty "Merry Christmas, precious Emma Thompson!" - 2015

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 am

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 582523      Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539      Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 582523      Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539      Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 582523      Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 624539

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 12347632_736582136472440_3620894564926821412_n

In loving memory of precious EMMA THOMPSON during this 2015 holiday season . . .

Emma flew up to Heaven on the wings of an angel on 6/27/09. She was barely 4 years old.

Sweet Emma, you touched the hearts of many world-wide and you will never, ever be forgotten!

I know you will soar with the angels to celebrate the birth of Christ.

You, sweet Emma, will be the brightest star on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day!

Send your earthly loved ones and I a 'twinkle'!

"Merry Christmas, precious Emma"

~~~ Gone .. . . but never, ever forgotten! ~~~
  afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Remembering precious Emma Thompson . .. . .

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 am

I received a PM from Freckles.   She likes the above tributes to honor precious Emma Thompson during this beautiful holiday season .. . .Christmas, 2015.

Freckles also sent me one of the videos that Piper, a long-time Reality Chatter member and very strong supporter of "Justice for Emma Thompson" made in honor of precious Emma.   In fact, Piper made all of the videos here for Emma.  

Freckles indicated to me that the following video is one of the most beautiful tributes she has ever seen.   And .. . . . I agree with her!

A lot of thought was put into this video.   Piper contacted Ben Thompson, Emma's loving father, and he provided Piper some photos of Emma that were not shared with main stream media.  

In an interview with a Houston, TX television station, Ben Thompson lovingly talked about his precious child, Emma.   He talked about how much Emma loved to go to a nearby park and she loved to feed the ducks.

In a personal conversation I had with Ben, he told me that Emma loved yellow butterflies and the color "pinky purple."  (lavender ?).

As you watch this beautiful video, you will notice that Piper selected some filler pictures with things she felt Emma would love . . ..  yellow butterflies; feeding ducks; "pinky purple."

Special thanks once again to Piper and to everyone here who so strongly supported 'Justice for Emma Thompson."   Without all of you, Abigail Young, Emma's mother, might have been granted probation!

Uploaded on Oct 24, 2010

Emma Catherine Grace Thompson Memorial

Dedicated to Emma Thompson's loved ones and those that fought for justice. To honor Emma's life and pay tribute to the preciousness of the lives of children everywhere, a memorial fund and tribute page has been established in Emma's name at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Emma Catherine Grace Thompson
Tribute Acct # 24231963
http://stj.convio.net/site/TR/Events/...
(800) 873-6983
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma Thompson's birthday!

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:04 am

Today, March 29, 2016, precious Emma Thompson would have been 11 years old!

In loving memory of precious Emma .. . ..

March 29, 2005  ~ ~ ~  June 27, 2009

Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten!   afro

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 12890865_785466308250689_2713909325739543597_o
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:16 am

Rest in peace beautiful red headed girl. 

My oldest granddaughter would have been 13 on March 31. I would love to think those two are up in heaven and are good friends. It warms my heart to think that because knowing they may have each other friendship and someone to share their heavenly time together.

RIP to two beautiful girls

Emma Thompson and Krisstine Johnson.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma Thompson's Birthday (3/29/16) & Krisstine Johnson's Birthday (3/31/16)

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:52 am

Nene, thank you for taking the time to remember Emma on her birthday!

I imagine Emma and your precious granddaughter, Krisstine Johnson, are friends in Heaven and run and play together.

I like to think that they are God's precious angels and they soar with the other angels.

May God keep Emma and Krisstine in His loving care and may perpetual light shine upon Emma and Krisstine.

"Happy Birthday" in Heaven to Emma today, March 29, 2016, and "Happy Birthday" in Heaven to Krisstine on March 31, 2016.  

They will be the brightest stars in the sky on their birthdays!   Send us a twinkle, Emma and Krisstine!    afro    afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks Ann. Your comments bought good tears to my eyes
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty SEVEN YEARS since Emma Thompson went to Heaven . . .

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 am

June 27, 2016 . .. .. .

It has been 7 years since Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death.

Emma is gone . . . .

but she will NEVER, EVER be forgotten!  afro

~ ~ ~  Rest in peace, precious Emma Thompson!  ~ ~ ~

MEMORIAL VIDEO . .. IN LOVING MEMORY OF EMMA THOMPSON!

This 'Memorial video' was created in loving memory of Emma Thompson in October, 2010 by
Piper who was an active member of Reality Chatter at the time.  Piper did an awesome job of creating this video.

There are many beautiful pictures of precious Emma as well as lovely 'filler' pictures.

Please take the time to watch this video . . .

No one will ever know what greatness precious Emma Thompson could have attained on earth.

Walk hand in hand with Jesus, sweet Emma . .. ..

and soar high with the angels! I know you are now a precious, special angel in Heaven

afro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKSPV4EgoY

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:55 am

afro
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 803492 Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 803492
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty 2014 FOX26 News - Houston, TX: Interviews about the facts in Emma Thompson's case

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:57 am

I have posted several things today, 6/27/16, regarding Emma Thompson, to my Facebook 'timeline'.

For those who do Facebook, here is the Link:

https://www.facebook.com/ann.davids.3
Facebook - Ann Davids

For those who do not do Facebook, I would like to copy and paste one of the posts I posted to my Facebook timeline today re a most informative interview by Katie McCall, a Reporter/Anchor with Fox26 News - Houston, TX (2014). This interview video is posted here at Reality Chatter 'up thread'.

Even though many of you have already seen this interview in 2014, I think today is most appropriate to post it again.

June 27, 2016 is the date Emma Thompson was officially pronounced dead at the Emergency Room of a hospital in The Woodlands, TX.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted the following to my Facebook timeline this morning, 6/27/16:

EMMA THOMPSON'S STORY FEATURED ON Fox26 - Houston, TX

An exceptional news report by Katie McCall - Reporter/Anchor . .. . . the missed opportunities to save precious Emma Thompson that failed because of Abigail Young's (Emma Thompson's mother) many lies!

A great re-cap of the facts and the changes in Texas law due to Emma Thompson's brutal, horrific rape and murder.

On November 6, 2014, Emma Thompson's story was featured on FOX26 News - Houston, TX.

I think Katie McCall, who was a Reporter/Anchor for FOX 26 News-Houston, TX in 2014 did an exceptional job of telling the facts and interviewing Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and Abigail Young's sister.

Katie McCall also interviewed Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor in the trials of Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe (Young's boyfriend at the time of Emma's brutal rape and murder.) It should be noted that Young and Coe had separate trials in 2010.

Colleen Barnett and her assistant prosecutor, did an exceptional job of presenting Emma Thompson's case to the jury and Court. Thanks to Colleen and her assistant for getting the convictions and sentences for Lucas Coe and Abigail Young . . .. their presentation of the facts was critical in this case!

This interview aired on the FOX26 News at 9 pm on 11/6/14 and was uploaded to YouTube by Amanda Mathews on 11/7/14.

Special thanks to Amanda Mathews and Colleen Barnett for their interview and letting the public know the facts.

Katie McCall was a Reporter/Anchor with KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX at the time of Emma's death (2009) and the trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe (2010). Katie did an exceptional job of covering Emma's story during that time.

Special thanks to Katie McCall for covering Emma's tragic death and the trials of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe.

The media attention brought awareness to the facts and without a doubt, it garnered support for justice for Emma Thompson . . . . . .. as evidenced by the thousands from all over the world who supported 'justice for Emma Thompson.'

Katie McCall is now an Anchor/Reporter in Tampa, FL. Katie, we miss you! Please come back to Houston, TX soon!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:59 am

Freckles, thank you for remembering precious Emma Thompson!

I know Emma is soaring with the angels in Heaven today! afro

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty ABIGAIL YOUNG is up for PAROLE review - 2018

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 am

ABIGAIL YOUNG IS UP FOR PAROLE REVIEW!

ABIGAIL YOUNG, the mother of precious Emma Thompson, is up for PAROLE REVIEW!

I received a notification from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Victim Services Division, via E-mail, this morning, 2/14/18.

I will snip pertinent info from the e-mail:

2/14/2018

RE: Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Parole Division is processing this offender's case for mandatory review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 2/13/2018. The purpose of this review is for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to decide whether or not to release the offender on 8/16/2018, the projected release date. The review process is normally completed within two to six months. As soon as the Board has reached a decision, we will notify you. The projected discharge date is 7/10/2030.

In rare instances, due to the Ex Parte Retzlaff court decision, an offender being released to mandatory supervision may be released without a Board vote. Further information regarding Retzlaff cases may be obtained by visiting our website at http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/vs/victim_retzlaff.html.

We acknowledge how difficult it may be for you to write about the effects of this crime. You may submit any letters, newspaper clippings, or photographs that would help the Board of Pardons and Paroles understand how the offense has affected you. In order to ensure the Board receives your input prior to voting the case, we ask that you respond as soon as possible and reference the TDCJ or State Identification Number (SID) when submitting material. If you are a victim, the guardian of a victim, or a close relative of a deceased victim, please inform others with an interest in this offender's consideration for release.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother's FB Post re Abigail Young's parole review - 2018

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Sharing from Laurie Kuderna Thompson's Facebook timeline. She is the paternal grandmother of precious Emma Thompson.

Please read Laurie's post. Please write a letter and e-mail per the instructions in Laurie's post.

The following is the post by Laurie Kuderna Thompson:

Attention all FB Friends! I desperately need your help right away.

I just received a notice from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice that Abigail Elizabeth Young, the convicted accomplice in the beating, sexual assault and murder of my 4 year-old- granddaughter is being considered for parole this summer!! It is essential that we let the Parole Bd know we VEHEMENTLY oppose her release. She received a 20-year sentence and $10,000 fine and has served LESS THAN 8 YEARS of her sentence. Emma did NOT get a second chance at life.

Please e-mail your letters of protest to the following address: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us Your protest letter does not need to be lengthy but it MUST include her name and ID numbers: Abigail Elizabeth Young, TDCJ# 01668233, State ID# 08428403

Every member of the Parole Board reviewing this case is required by law to read every piece of correspondence they receive. Please ask your friends, spouses, classmates, colleagues, church groups, to each send a short e-mail protesting her release! The more letters, the better the chance we have of getting her parole denied. The last time she was considered for parole, they received thousands of letters - some from Europe, Canada and Australia. You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to send a protest letter!!

Her last parole was denied in 2013 when we successfully convinced the Parole Bd to set her parole consideration back 5 years. She has demonstrated no remorse, continues to portray herself as a victim in the process, has been treated for known drug issues, and has no respect or regard for the constraints of common decency or law. She apparently cannot even conform to the minimal expectations of prison life since she has lost visitation privileges over 25 times just since May, 2017! PLEASE HELP! Private message me with any questions. Thanks!

Here are two links from the time of the trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4ho8Mcmcg

https://www.chron.com/…/Mom-s-knees-buckle-as-she-gets-max-…

Mother On Trial For Death Of Her 4-Year-Old Daughter
A year after a suburban 4-year-old's gruesome death helped…
YOUTUBE.COM
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and sister of Abigail Young re Young's parole review

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Amanda Young Mathews, the maternal aunt of Emma Thompson and sister of Abigail Young, posted this on her Facebook page titled:  Emma ForJustice

I have Amanda's permission to post this here:

It is Emma's maternal aunt, Amanda Young Mathews', Facebook Page which she set up years ago to seek justice for Emma.

Always . . . Emma ForJustice.  <3
~~~~~

Emma ForJustice
4 hrs ·

So today on this beautiful Valentine's Day I was reminded of Emma when I received my letter from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Parole Division. Though I knew it was coming up I didn't expect it today. I need your help!!!

The letter read as follows

2/14/2018

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Parole Division is processing this offender's case for mandatory review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles on 2/13/2018. The purpose of this review is for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to decide whether or not to release the offender on 8/16/2018, the projected release date. The review process is normally completed within two to six months. As soon as the Board has reached a decision, we will notify you. The projected discharge date is 7/10/2030.

In rare instances, due to the Ex Parte Retzlaff court decision, an offender being released to mandatory supervision may be released without a Board vote. Further information regarding Retzlaff cases may be obtained by visiting our website at http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/vs/victim_retzlaff.html.

We acknowledge how difficult it may be for you to write about the effects of this crime. You may submit any letters, newspaper clippings, or photographs that would help the Board of Pardons and Paroles understand how the offense has affected you. In order to ensure the Board receives your input prior to voting the case, we ask that you respond as soon as possible and reference the TDCJ or State Identification Number (SID) when submitting material. If you are a victim, the guardian of a victim, or a close relative of a deceased victim, please inform others with an interest in this offender's consideration

Please send your letters to:

Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899
Or email them to:
Email: victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

PLEASE INCLUDE:

Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Recap of Emma Thompson's death by a Houston Anchor/Reporter

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm

This is an excellent recap of the Emma Thompson tragedy as reported by
Katie McCall (Katherine McCall - WTSP), a reporter/Anchor for
FOX26 News - Houston, TX in the fall of 2014.

As this story unfolded in 2009 and during the 2010 trials of Abigail Young and then Lucas Coe, Katie McCall was with KTRK News (ABC) - Houston, TX. Katie did an exceptional job of covering the Emma Thompson tragedy and the trials.

Katie interviewed Colleen Barnett, Harris County District Attorney and lead Prosecutor in the Lucas Coe and Abigail Young trials. She also interviewed Amanda Young Mathews, maternal aunt of precious Emma Thompson and sister to Abigail Young for this update.

Katie McCall is no longer in Houston but is currently an Anchor with WTSP - Tampa, Florida.

I wish Katie was still in Houston!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=400&v=G3qsIWmfR_M
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Andy Kahan, official Crime Victim's Advocate, re Abigail Young parole review

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 am

Sharing from Andy Kahan's Facebook timeline.

Andy Kahan is the official City of Houston and surrounding area Crime Victims Advocate.

He will be accompanying precious Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and Thompson family spokesperson, Laurie Kuderna Thompson, to the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy Kahan

1 hr ·

Parole Action Alert:

On behalf of 4 year-old Emma Thompson please see the below post from Emma's Grandmother Laurie Thompson.

We need everyone's help to keep Abigail Young who was sentenced to 20 years for Injury to a Child from being paroled.

We passed Legislation which became known as 'Emma's Law' to add Injury to a Child to the list of offenses eligible for a maximum set-off of 5 years which is what she received in 2013.

On behalf of Emma we deeply appreciate all your support.

‎Laurie Kuderna Thompson‎ to Andy Kahan
11 hrs ·

Attention all FB Friends! I desperately need your help right away.

I just received a notice from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice that Abigail Elizabeth Young, the convicted accomplice in the beating, sexual assault and murder of my 4 year-old- granddaughter is being considered for parole this summer!! It is essential that we let the Parole Bd know we VEHEMENTLY oppose her release. She received a 20-year sentence and $10,000 fine and has served LESS THAN 8 YEARS of her sentence. Emma did NOT get a second chance at life.

Please e-mail your letters of protest to the following address: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us Your protest letter does not need to be lengthy but it MUST include her name and ID numbers: Abigail Elizabeth Young, TDCJ# 01668233, State ID# 08428403

Every member of the Parole Board reviewing this case is required by law to read every piece of correspondence they receive. Please ask your friends, spouses, classmates, colleagues, church groups, to each send a short e-mail protesting her release! The more letters, the better the chance we have of getting her parole denied. The last time she was considered for parole, they received thousands of letters - some from Europe, Canada and Australia. You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas to send a protest letter!!

Her last parole was denied in 2013 when we successfully convinced the Parole Bd to set her parole consideration back 5 years. She has demonstrated no remorse, continues to portray herself as a victim in the process, has been treated for known drug issues, and has no respect or regard for the constraints of common decency or law. She apparently cannot even conform to the minimal expectations of prison life since she has lost visitation privileges over 25 times just since May, 2017! PLEASE HELP! Private message me with any questions. Thanks!

Here are two links from the time of the trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4ho8Mcmcg
https://www.chron.com/…/Mom-s-knees-buckle-as-she-gets-max-…
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Letters opposing Parole for Abigail Young

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

I posted the following to my Facebook page this morning after talking to a Victim Services Rep. with the Victim Services Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) in Austin, TX.

LETTERS OPPOSING ABIGAIL YOUNG'S PAROLE
You do NOT have to be a Texas resident . .. any one
in the world can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is some confusion as to what e-mail address to use when you e-mail your letter(s) opposing parole for Abigail Young, the mother of barely 4 year old Emma Thompson, who was brutally raped, beaten and murdered by Lucas Coe, Abigail Young's live-in boyfriend at the time.

This morning I called the Victim Services Division at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in Austin, TX. I spoke with a Victim Services Representative. She said all letters opposing Abigail Young's parole should be sent as soon as possible and include the following info:

All letters should be e-mailed to the following address:

victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

You do NOT have to be a Texas resident. Any one in the world can send a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young. During the Parole Review for Young in 2013, thousands of letters were sent from all over the world opposing parole for Abigail Young.

For your info, your letter (via e-mail) is sent to the Victim Services Division at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in Austin, TX, USA. It is processed and then forwarded to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles . .. . the Abigail Young file!

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years for failure to protect her daughter, Emma Thompson.

She has served 8 years of her 20 year sentence. She is up for parole review as of 2/14/18. It will take several months for the assigned members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole to review.

Many supporters of continued justice for precious Emma Thompson are asking their Facebook friends, personal in person friends, etc. to write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.

Please be a voice for barely 4 year old Emma Thompson who died a horrific death. Your letter can be as simple as saying, 'I oppose parole for Abigail Young." Or you can write a more detailed letter stating why you oppose parole for Abigail Young.

Serving 8 years of a 20 year sentence is unacceptable for the death of Emma Thompson! Please be a voice for Emma and write a letter opposing parole for her mother, Abigail Young!

Please share this to your Timeline!

Thank you for your continued support of justice for precious barely 4 year old Emma Thompson! Thank you for being Emma Thompson's voice!   afro

If you are unfamiliar with the Emma Thompson case, you can read about it at Reality Chatter, a true crime forum. You do not have to be a member to read the 'thread'.

I started a 'thread' at Reality Chatter in 2010. My nic there is "Ann - Tx". There are 2 threads.

Thread 1 is an introduction into the death of Emma Thompson and has 20 pages which includes the trials of Abigail Young and her then live-in boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

Many of the Links to mainstream media sources may no longer be available. Some of the articles might not be available (when you click on a Link to main stream media) but I assure you, there is a lot of factual info there.

Many of the news video's from mainstream media (Houston, TX TV stations; Bryan, TX TV station) are embedded and they are available for you to view.

Here is the Link to Thread 1 - Emma Thompson - Deceased:

https://realitychatter.forumotion.com/t2705-emma-thompson-d…
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Here is the Link to Thread 2 - Emma Thompson - Deceased:

https://realitychatter.forumotion.com/t4317p100-emma-thomps…
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2)
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty A post by Emma Thompson's maternal aunt

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

The following is a post that Amanda Young Mathews posted on her Facebook page, Emma ForJustice.  It is a page she set up a few years ago in her efforts to seek continued support for justice for her precious niece, Emma Thompson.  Amanda is also the sister of Abigail Young.

Please "join" Emma ForJustice:

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice?hc_ref=ARQKz_lPGylrwXrKhpXPGsYGDIO27WdzD-csF_q0TJSMcDvr7VElCsrP33tOygunC-U&fref=nf

Amanda gave me permission to post the following here:
~~~~~~~~~~

Emma ForJustice
Yesterday at 8:55am -   February 16, 2018

After some really ugly messages this morning I have had to block a few people from my personal FB as well as my Emma ForJustice FB. This is not an attempt for attention nor my personal way of making myself "famous". This is only an Aunt of a beautiful child needing to STAND for a cause she so rightfully believes in. You can't make this up nor would anyone like to live this nightmare as we have. But I vowed almost 9 years ago that I would NEVER stop fighting for Emma and if you think that is wrong than move on. I have a pretty amazing backbone people's negativity does sadden me however it will not break me or make me lose focus on my fight for Emma.

Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it.

Thank you God for showing me the light in the darkness of Emma's murder. I remember the phone call almost 9 years ago... Come quick Emma's going to the hospital it doesn't look good!

That phone call came from the monster that rapped and beat my niece to death! She had endured so much in her last weeks of life! By midnight Emma's body would be left life less but for anyone that has read the facts she had been gone for hours before that phone call ever came my way! 12-24 hours before she would actually be pronounced gone from this world.

I stand for child abuse awareness I stand for the voice of the child. I stand for my sweet angel Emma. And I stand for her sisters! I stand against her abusers I stand against the ones that lied and did not protect her! I stand here today happy that they were punished saddened she is gone but thankful she no longer suffers!

I have stood up and challenged the wrong doers the name sayers the ignorant and uneducated ones that didn't read the facts. The truth is none of us will know exactly what happened that day leading up to her death but thank God for DNA and CSI facts we can say today that Emma got justice maybe not all that she deserved but enough to be proud of! Texas changed laws because of her case. That very law "The Emma Law" has been helping families get the time to heal after crime against their child and keeping offenders in prison without ability to come up for parole review every year. CPS has changed their rules and instated the "Emma Clause" which is helping us to protect children all over the state of Texas.

I don't think I will ever quit posting these things and if you have a problem with the fact that I can't move on..then maybe you should move on! Walk a mile in my shoes for the past almost 9 years and know that I will NEVER be done sharing Emma's story everyone should know that! I will stand for her forever! I will continued to post her beautiful smile her sad story for she may be gone but never forgotten! And if me sharing her case can save one child or make one parent second guess their accountability then my fight is worth it! Rest peacefully sweet Emma Aunt Am still stands strong for you! Send us a wink my most beautiful angel. Gone but never forgotten.

With all that being said

Please send your letters to ask for denial of parole ASAP to:

Victim Services Division
8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265
Austin, TX 78757-6899

Or email them to:
Email: victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov

PLEASE INCLUDE:

Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Emma ForJustice Facebook Page

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Emma ForJustice is a Facebook page created by Amanda,  Emma Thompson's maternal aunt.

A few years ago she created the page to seek support of continued justice for her precious niece, Emma.

She urged everyone to write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles whenever her sister and the mother of Emma Thompson, Abigail Young, came up for parole.

If you do Facebook, please join Emma ForJustice.

https://www.facebook.com/emma.forjustice
Emma ForJustice
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty A request post from Emma ForJustice

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am

Please send your letter/e-mail requesting that parole be denied for Abigail Young,
Emma Thompson's mother.

Please click on the last image of this post for e-mail info.

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson!    afro

The second pic is Emma's tombstone at a cemetery in Brenham, TX, USA.
The back side of the tombstone has her last name: Thompson.

She was barely 4 years old!  The pic of Emma is in a field of bluebonnets in Brenham, TX, Abigail Young's
hometown.  It was Emma's last Easter Sunday on April 12, 2009.

March 29, 2009 - June 27, 2009

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 27972337_1200265900104059_312990862593636897_n

Precious Emma Thompson .. . ..  Gone . .. but never, ever forgotten!    afro

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following posted by Emma's maternal aunt, Amanda, on the Facebook page:

Emma ForJustice

Yesterday I drove into Brenham for one of my best friends mom's memorial service. When I left there I stopped by Emma's grave site and I probably looked like a crazy person talking to myself. Please send your letters for Emma. She is gone but we can not forget her!!

Romans 13:4
For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Emma send me a wink my most beautiful angel. XOXO

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 28056409_1236312293165328_2842320134865150389_n

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 28056017_1236311739832050_5178175058288848272_n
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Photo.php?fbid=1236312293165328&set=pcb
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty A post from Abigail Young's former best friend

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:36 am

The following is a post from a lady, Melissa McCalister-Green,  that she posted to Facebook.    She was best friends with Abigail Young, Emma Thompson's mother, for over 30 years.

Melissa gave me permission to share her Post.

It is heartbreaking but beautiful in so many ways.  I can not even imagine the pain Melissa must have felt when she realized that Abigail Young, her best friend at one time,  brought a monster (Lucas Coe)  into her (Abigail) home and the brutal, horrific death precious Emma Thompson endured.

To see the video made by Melissa, with pics of Emma never seen before, please go to my Facebook page where I shared Melissa's post.  Also, there is a pic of Emma and information of where to send a letter opposing Abigail Young's parole.

Thank you, Melissa, for allowing me to share your post.  

Special thanks to everyone who wants to be a voice for barely 4 year old Emma Thompson by writing a letter to the
Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles and opposing parole for Abigail Young.  Serving almost 8 years of a 20 year sentence
is not acceptable.  Say NO to parole for Abigail Young!

https://www.facebook.com/ann.davids.3/posts/1202016913262291
Facebook - Ann Davids Page - A post with video and pics by  Melissa McCalister-Green
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melissa McCalister-Green added 2 photos and a video — with Amanda Young Mathews.
February 16 at 8:55pm

Sorry for the long post:

I met Abigail Young back in 1979 when I was four years old. She was my best friend, we were inseparable. Her family was like my own, and the same with mine. Through the years we grew older and moved our separate ways, but we always remained very close. Every time I had sometime off or a holiday Mazie and I would pack up and head to Texas to visit. We were there at least once a month, or every other month. Most summers we planned a stay at the beach, and made amazing memories. Our children were growing up together and they fast became best friends. I loved her three girls like my own. Sadly our lives would be forever changed when Abigail allowed a monster into her life. She quickly divorced her husband, she stopped going to work and she became someone I never knew. I still talked to her daily sometimes more than once a day. She told me some of the strangest things, but reassured me that her and her babies were just fine. Harrison was a newborn at this time and I hadn't been to visit in a few months. I knew in my heart something wasn't right, but I believed her. Well I received a call one evening, the kind you never dream you'd get Amanda Young called me to let me know Emma was on her way to the hospital and things didn't look good. Then the phone rang again and Amanda told me Emma had passed away. My legs gave out and I hit the floor. I grabbed a few things and headed to Houston. I was in complete shock when I arrived at her home It was like an episode of CSI in front of her home. I knew then that what happened to this sweet baby was no accident or health related issue. Emma's life had been taken way too soon and in the most horrific way, and someone I called my best friend for 35 years allowed it to happen in her home. We will never know if she took part in the torture and abuse that this poor 4 year old endured. Testifying against what was once was best friend was one of the hardest things I ever done, but I didn't think twice for doing it for Emma. Our lives were forever changed that year, and a sadness I never knew I could feel took over my heart. It took me along time to forgive myself for not being there for Emma. Not giving her a voice. She'll always hold a special place in my heart. Please if you think a child is in danger or being sexual abused speak out for them. They all need a voice.

Lucas Coe was sentenced to life in prison, and her mother 20 years with a chance of parole. Please take a moment of your time and either email or mail the
parole board to keep her behind bars. I'm
Asking this for Emma, her 2 sister and Amanda Young Mathews her loving aunt.
The information is attached in the pictures. Thank you!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty NO parole for Abigail Young! Be a voice for Emma Thompson!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Please be a voice for precious Emma Thompson!

Anyone in the world can write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Young.
You do NOT have to be a Texas resident; nor a resident of the United States.

During the Parole Review for Young in 2013, thousands of letters were sent
from all over the world opposing parole for Abigail Young.

Please write the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
and oppose parole for Abigail Young, Emma's mother.

Abigail Young went into Parole Review status as of 2/14/18.  

Emma was barely 4 years old when she was brutally
raped and beat to death by her mother's live-in boyfriend Lucas Coe.
During trial, evidence was introduced that indicated Emma was being
sexually abused.

Emma Thompson died a brutal, horrific death!

Emma even had a STD and was only 4 years old.
Her mother, Abigail Young and her mother's live-in boyfriend, Lucas Coe,
both tested positive for a STD.

Abigail Young was a Registered Nurse at the time and she did nothing to protect her
precious daughter, Emma Thompson.  Young brought Lucas Coe into her home and
she knew Coe had a case pending in Montgomery County, TX (near Harris County).

Abigail Young was found guilty  in 2010 of reckless and serious bodily injury to a child by omission
by a Houston jury of her peers.

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years in a Texas Department
of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison.

Serving almost 8 years of a 20 year sentence is NOT justice for Emma Thompson. Please write
a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles as soon as possible.  Your letter counts!  Every
letter is read by those reviewing Abigail Young for parole.

Please be certain to include the following:

Thank you for being a voice for barely 4 years old Emma Thompson.   afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty FOX 26 News - Houston, TX - Abigail Young parole update 2/28/18

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 am

The following was on FOX 26 News - Houston, TX on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.

Randy Wallace is an Investigative Reporter with FOX 26 News Houston, TX.

He reported on Abigail Young being up for parole.

He interviewed Laurie Thompson, Emma Thompson's paternal grandmother and Thompson family spokesperson.

Randy Wallace also interviewed, Andy Kahan, the official Crime Victims Advocate for the City of Houston and surrounding areas.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/mom-convicted-for-her-role-in-4-year-old-girls-rape-killing-up-for-parole
FOX 26 News - Houston, TX  --- Mom convicted for her role in 4-year-old girl's rape, killing up for parole
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty Where to e-mail letters opposing parole for Abigail Young

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 pm

To oppose parole for Abigail Young, please follow the following as required by the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice Victim Services Division:

Letters to:

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles

The following must be included:

E-mail to:

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX - Abigail Young up for parole review!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX aired a story about Abigail Young up for parole review in regard to the brutal, horrific rape and beating death of her precious barely 4-year-old daughter, Emma Thompson.

Amanda Young Mathews, the maternal aunt of Emma Thompson and the sister of Abigail Young was interviewed.  Amanda opposes parole for her sister Abigail Young.  She supports continued justice for her precious niece, Emma Thompson.  Amanda continues to be a voice for Emma!

Also, Andy Kahan, the official City of Houston (TX) Crime Victims'  Advocate was interviewed.  

http://abc13.com/mom-convicted-for-her-role-in-daughters-death-up-for-parole-/3207108/
KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX     ---   Monday, March 12, 2018
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty KBTX - (CBS) - Bryan,TX - Abigail Young up for parole review!

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:51 pm

On Tuesday, 3/13/18, KBTX (CBS) - Bryan/College Station, TX interviewed Amanda Young Mathews,
the maternal aunt of precious Emma Thompson.

Amanda is the sister of Abigail Young.  She opposes parole for Abigail Young.  Amanda supports
continued justice for her sweet niece, Emma Thompson!

Also, Andy Kahan, the official City of Houston, TX Crime Victims' Advocate, was interviewed.

The interview is about Emma Thompson's death and Abigail Young, Emma's mother, being up for parole.

As of this date,  Abigail Young serving 7 1/2 years of a 20 year sentence is not acceptable.  It is not continued justice for precious Emma. afro
Abigail Young should serve all 20 years.  Emma Thompson did not get a second chance!  

NO parole for Abigail Young!  Please be a voice for barely 4-year-old Emma Thompson and write a letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.  

Any one in the world can write a letter.  You do NOT have to be a resident of Texas nor a resident/citizen of the United States of America.

Your letter can be as simple as, "I oppose parole for Abigail Young." or as detailed as you want to write it.  You can include Links to articles and videos pertaining to Abigail Young/Emma Thompson/ Lucas Coe.

Your letter is important and it counts!  

The members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles are required to read every letter regarding Abigail Young.

Please be sure to include Abigail Young's ID numbers.

For your convenience, here is all the info you need, including the e-mail address:

TO:  Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles

Video and article that aired on KBTX (CBS) - 3/13/18:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Local-mom-convicted-for-her-role-in-daughters-death-up-for-parole-476767593.html
KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX   -  3/13/18    
  Local mom convicted for her role in daughters death up for parole
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 3 Empty 3 Major TV Networks Air Story About Abigail Young Up For Parole - 2018

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Three major TV stations aired a story about Abigail Young up for parole and about precious Emma Thompson's brutal, horrific death.

Abigail Young being up for parole after serving only 7 1/2 years of a 20 year sentence in her role in the horrific, brutal death of her innocent daughter, Emma Thompson, is newsworthy.

The 3 major TV stations are:

FOX26 News - Houston, TX

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, TX
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi, Ann.
Hope parole was denied....
What she did was not excusable..... Sad
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Hi, Ann.
Hope parole was denied....
What she did was not excusable..... Sad

Hi, Freckles!

We won't know if she is paroled or not until August.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next