Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide

+8
crimeq
Freckles
oxfordfox2
Julie
Nene_Please
Shelley'sMom
Alessandra_Deux
Randie
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Empty Re: Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Freckles wrote:
The Murder of Amanda Blackburn - The Gun

"Two days after this gun demonstration in church, Amanda was found shot to death in her own home."
We need to worship! Bang!  We need to worship!  Bang!  We need to worship!  Bang!

Bang, Bang, Bang!

Jesus will take all your troubles away!

Bang, Bang, Bang!

Interesting outlook, there, huh?
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Empty Re: Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide

Post by crimeq Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Freckles wrote:

Watch: @ 5:00

Joe Graham 2 weeks ago
lol Davey says God allowed his wife to be raped and killed to give church life. God allowed Amanda to be raped & killed so he can advance the Gospel into history books in ways that have never even been told. It sounds like Davey is going to try and rewrite the Gospels like his mentor Perry Noble tried to change the Ten Commandments. If God wanted to send a message he could have done in a less cold violent way. Maybe God allowed Amanda to be raped and killed to stop Davey from spreading false teachings. It's more fitting for the way she was taken.

This guy is creepy. Self serving. All is for him. Reminds me of Lacey Peterson and little Connor...

I watched some of the so-called Lovesong vids and was struck by her body language. When she is with her child, she is lit; with him, her forehead and her mouth are heal in consternation. She aged between the first pictures and these last vids. Aged a lot!

KateSlate11 1 month ago (edited)
+Laura A You should be sad, sad for Amanda, her unborn child and her son.  You can spin this all you want, what is your response to his vulgar talk at church? What is your response to Davey stating that a man has the right to have sex with his wife even if she isn't in the mood? What's your response to him shooting an air pellet gun in his church?

Davey Blackburns reactions are not only based on a murdered wife, but a murdered unborn daughter and a brutal rape &; murder.  He seems to be very jovial about it all.  The case is not closed yet, be careful.

Here is the first of the Lovespng vids. Others can be found from that link:

The last video that you've indicated is the first video in the Lovesong videos isn't actually part of that series. This video was made while they were waiting for a train to go to Chicago for a romantic getaway. It was at the close of the Lovesong series; in a sermon after that series, Davey told his congregation that he and Amanda were going to Chicago for a romantic getaway so they would know that their pastor "practices what he preaches." Of COURSE Davey would say this!

I wonder how Amanda felt about Davey talking about their sex life so openly and particularly when she was used as a detrimental example re: their sex life. I certainly would have had a come-to-Jesus moment with any man who tried that with me.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:25 pm

@Nan re: Mel the dog:

IIRC, Mel was found locked up in a closed bedroom, and isn't that strange! Hmmmmm.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:29 pm

@Nan: Yes, Davey is very good at what he does and no, I can't buy what he's selling either. Nor would I want a child / grandchild of mine to attend his church, freedom of religion notwithstanding shifty

I think he took his studies seriously. He mentioned that he had four semesters of Greek and that's impressive, IMO.

I believe the buddy with whom he was telephone-conversing in the driveway was his roommate at the college; he, too, is a pastor, IIRC.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:42 pm

crimeq wrote:Davey's Christmas sermon to Resonate:

http://resonateindianapolis.com/mediacast/resonate-church-carrying-hope-in-the-midst-of-hurt/

I have several thoughts and will comment later; I'm very tired this evening.

However, now Amanda is being compared to Mary.  Davey passes this off as her father Phil's comparison; supposedly he said to Davey, and I'm paraphrasing, "Perhaps this is blasphemy Davey, but I feel like Amanda is a Mary."

Davey uses that throughout this sermon.

He also uses the "death to bring life" comparison frequently.

And, rather than being angry and seeking vengeance on the 2-3 thugs involved in Amanda's murder (he said he would fight and seek vengeance on anyone who broke into his home, in a previous sermon - the "mistress grill" sermon), wouldn't it be wonderful if these 2-3 thugs came to know Jesus out of this event.

More later.
Well, I watched the whole two hours of that.  I am somewhat ashamed that I did.

Your synopsis is very good!

Just a few thoughts:  When he was speaking of Mary and all her troubles--I had to wonder if he was suggesting Amanda's life was troubled?  (Troubled by him, no doubt!)

I found every mention he made of a pregnant woman chilling--Amanda had new life inside of her.  He doesn't even seem able to acknowledge that.

His little performance where he sits down on the stage and "confesses" that he doesn't want the "platform"--Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Bs

He wants that "platform" so bad he can taste it.

Oh, and does he say that Mary had her "trolls"?  I'm not sure if I heard that right.  If I got it right--he is referring to us.  We are the "internet trolls"; and we are a major throne in his side right now.  Good for us!

The next time I watch a long video like that, I'm going to take notes.  I had a lot more thoughts, but they are not coming to me right now.  So, sorry, but that's the best I can do this time around.  Embarassed
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Mylife101 wrote:LOL!  Laughing  Yes, I'm a little behind on this one. Good to see you're still here, Freckles.
I second this.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Love-shower-smiley  

Mylife101 wrote:
Hi Nan, thanks for the information and video links. I will have to watch them over the weekend because 5:00AM comes very early and I am already up past my bedtime. Sucks getting older. I really need my sleep. Sleep
Oh, my goodness!  I hope you don't think I meant for you to watch all those videos.

Sorry about that.  It's actually a link to pages of the things.  LOL

My thinking was something along the lines of just picking out one you found named intriguingly and spot watching it.  Anyway--just ignore me when I get ridiculous like that.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Sorrysmiley
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Nene_Please wrote:Amanda Blackburn killing part of eight-day crime spree

(Sent from WFAA)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/12/29/amanda-blackburn-suspect/78023602/
Thank you for this link, Nene!

I hadn't seen it, and I didn't know about this:

Quote:  The next day, Taylor shot and killed a man because he only had $10 when Taylor robbed him.  End

This would be the day after the Nov. 3 rape.

He is a bad, bad boy.  I hope he never sees another day of freedom in his life.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:17 pm

crimeq wrote:@Nan re: Mel the dog:

IIRC, Mel was found locked up in a closed bedroom, and isn't that strange! Hmmmmm.
Yes, strange, indeed.  So, he didn't bother to lock the outside door behind himself; but, he put Mel in a bedroom and closed the door. Alrighty then.  I'm an  ol' internet troll.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:23 pm

crimeq wrote:@Nan:  Yes, Davey is very good at what he does and no, I can't buy what he's selling either.  Nor would I want a child / grandchild of mine to attend his church, freedom of religion notwithstanding shifty

I think he took his studies seriously.  He mentioned that he had four semesters of Greek and that's impressive, IMO.

I believe the buddy with whom he was telephone-conversing in the driveway was his roommate at the college; he, too, is a pastor, IIRC.
I'm not surprised that he took his studies seriously.  His ambition is as obvious as the amount of sex he demands.

Interesting about the buddy and that looong phone conversation; followed by the "convenient" alibi tweet.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:23 pm

crimeq wrote:Davey studied at Southern Wesleyan University, majoring in Religion.  This describes his degree program:

http://www.swu.edu/academics/religion/degree-programs/ba-in-religion/

Thanks! So he is following the Wesleyan methods of religious interpretation...
I found his comments during the "lovesong" vids to be crude, sexual and demeaning.
He needs to clean up his language as he sounds like a rather vulgar person.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 pm

crimeq wrote:The map is wonderful, Nan.  Thanks.

I wonder why Taylor thought it safe to walk the stolen ATM cards to the car at 6:30-ish, leaving Amanda in in the home alone.  The shots weren't heard til another 15-20 minutes after that.  Obviously Amanda couldn't move about to call 911, lock the door, etc. so she must have been incapacitated--and seriously so, if Taylor left her alone in the house.  He had already pistol-whipped her in the face/jaw hard enough to knock out a tooth in her lower jaw.  Had he rendered her unconscious?  What gave him confidence to leave the property and to leave her alone inside?

My heart breaks for this young woman and I feel like she hasn't gotten her due; her death has been about Davey, only; her funeral service was more about Davey than about Amanda.  Davey has said repeatedly that Amanda didn't want the spotlight, but come on, this is the tragic end of this young woman's life! and it's all about Davey.

I read somewhere another thought that saddens me; I'm sure that her parents loved Amanda dearly, yet they too seemed to objectify her; her mother said "that girl" never gave her 5 minutes of trouble in her life; her father seemed focused on the "purity" aspect, IMO, which to me is a form of ownership/control in that the young girl is bound over to her father (purity ring on wedding ring finger included) until such time as (in Phil's words) she leaves the house of her father, to go to the house of her husband.

It's like this young woman never had a life of her own outside of her expressed love for Jesus which she proclaimed in her journal, and now Davey is making that public, too.  Also I question the reason he's doing so because to me, it's possible to read between the lines of Amanda's journaling and see sadness and discontent.

BBM
The two times in your life when you should be in the spotlight are when you are born and when you are buried...
JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Watching a crime show.
It was pointed out, crooks do NOT like cul de sacs as they are spotted going in and coming out. They avoid these streets at all costs. So. That (again) points to an intentional set up...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:39 pm

I had read somewhere the dog(s) had been found let outside in the backyard....?

I agree with you and others who have stated he was very invasive. Looking in her journals? Trying to own her very thots?
In the vids I watched, he would let her speak first and then he would comment on what she said... not an original thot in his brain.
I was rolling my eyes when he described coming home from a week end hunting trip all stinky and dirty and tired and wanting, not a shower, sleep or food, but SEX. And then crudely describing wanting to grab his wife's breasts... Give me a break. Has he no respect for his wife? No ability for control? Yuck.... Cell

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelley'sMom Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi guys. I haven't had much to contribute but I have been stopping by to read when RL hasn't been too crazy Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 155681

I did read something on another board about a babysitter/houseguest (???!!!???) named Meg who kept busy bringing DB water bottles during his 2 hour after-Christmas sermon. Meg was news to me and I thought maybe someone here had some info about her.

On another note, shout out to @crimeq; you have been mentioned elsewhere as being unfairly treated, although I honestly can't see where it would make a difference. I thought you might like hearing it at least.

Shelley'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Shelley'sMom wrote:Hi guys. I haven't had much to contribute but I have been stopping by to read when RL hasn't been too crazy Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 155681

I did read something on another board about a babysitter/houseguest (???!!!???) named Meg who kept busy bringing DB water bottles during his 2 hour after-Christmas sermon. Meg was news to me and I thought maybe someone here had some info about her.

On another note, shout out to @crimeq; you have been mentioned elsewhere as being unfairly treated, although I honestly can't see where it would make a difference. I thought you might like hearing it at least.

Hi Shelley'sMom! "Meg" has been mentioned in relation to this case but no one seems to know if she really figures into it. Meg has a business fashioned a bit after Amanda's business though she seems to specialize in handpainted signs; she does give credit to Amanda for helping her get started.

Meg has an etsy shop and a FB store, both named "Nothing is Wasted." Go figure.

Thanks for letting me know that some on the other board are speaking up about how I was treated unfairly - it is true - but once it happened to me, and the way it happened, made me wonder how many others who got the banning got it on the owner's whim, which I did. Looking back, there is a large percentage of banning on that board, overall, and it happened to good posters, IMO. Some of those people I posted with all the way back to CTV and InSession; they weren't banned on those boards and probably shouldn't have been banned on JQ either. I'm glad the owner is getting some talk-back about it. Thanks for letting me know ;)

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:29 pm

Also, re: "Meg" - she lived with Amanda and Davey for a while in their Indianapolis house. She moved back to either N or S Carolina. After Amanda's murder, Davey headed straight for N and S Carolina but keep in mind his family is there, as are his sponsoring church and Perry Noble.

Re: Perry Noble, there were numerous comments following Peter Hyatt's posts on the case about how Perry Noble seemed to sexualize Davey while Perry was giving Amanda's funeral service (which was not so much about Amanda, but about Davey).

Also, at least one gay man who posted on Peter's threads stated that he picked up on Davey's "gayness" - obviously he doesn't know Davey but I have had many, MANY gay friends (in theater and in the neighborhood in which I lived a number of years ago) and gays' "gaydar" is unerring. I'm pretty good at picking it up myself but I have watched men zero in on each other from across the room, unerringly, and sometimes with men for whom I hadn't picked up the vibe.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions or create rumors; this info came from statements I read on the 'Net.

The observation was also made that the church is a very good place for gays to "hide" because of the implied purity of holding a position in the church, and we've all seen how that works out for some ... ;)

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Freckles wrote:
crimeq wrote:Davey studied at Southern Wesleyan University, majoring in Religion.  This describes his degree program:

http://www.swu.edu/academics/religion/degree-programs/ba-in-religion/

Thanks! So he is following the Wesleyan methods of religious interpretation...
I found his comments during the "lovesong" vids to be crude, sexual and demeaning.
He needs to clean up his language as he sounds like a rather vulgar person.
If you haven't seen this one yet, you might find it interesting.

Here he talks about the "planting" of his new church; his baseball scholarship; and also, toward the end, he mentions how import it is to select the right wife.

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Freckles wrote:The two times in your life when you should be in the spotlight are when you are born and when you are buried...
JMO
So true!

For a young man to lose his wife like this, not to mention pregnant wife, the blow should be devastating.  His life is shattered--whether he feels it or not.  The life of his 15 month old son is also shattered--should he take the time to realize it.

All I see is an urgency to use his wife's death to feed his ambition for his church.  It's as if he feels he must act quickly before time erases the momentum.  I "see" it in all his interviews--all he can talk about is how God must have looked down at his struggling church and decided he would take Amanda and their unborn child so Resonate Church could bloom.

It's all so wrong.

My eyes see a very sad little boy here.  (This is from his Twitter; posted on Christmas day).

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 2qx3gxt
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Freckles wrote:Watching a crime show.
It was pointed out, crooks do NOT like cul de sacs as they are spotted going in and coming out. They avoid these streets at all costs. So. That (again) points to an intentional set up...
BBM - Exactly.  One more thing in a somewhat lengthy list:

1.  The house is on a cul de sac
2.  Family dog is placed in a bedroom and the door is closed
3.  A departure for the gym at 6:11 am with some sizable TV's being removed from a house two doors down at 6:00 am
4.  Leaves the front door of his house unlocked
5.  Leaves the gym at 7:10 am, which is pretty much the exact time the "suspect(s)" left his home
6.  Arrives home at 7:30 am, but does not enter until 8:20 am
7.  The cell phone buddy happened to send a tweet saying how much he enjoyed their conversation
8.  This discrepancy:  In the Nov. 13/15 presser, LE confirmed the motive was burglary. On Nov. 17/15, the husband said in his first interview, he was "baffled" as to why anyone would harm Amanda.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited by Nan11 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Freckles wrote:

I agree with you and others who have stated he was very invasive. Looking in her journals? Trying to own her very thots?
In the vids I watched, he would let her speak first and then he would comment on what she said... not an original thot in his brain.
I was rolling my eyes when he described coming home from a week end hunting trip all stinky and dirty and tired and wanting, not a shower, sleep or food, but SEX. And then crudely describing wanting to grab his wife's breasts... Give me a break. Has he no respect for his wife? No ability for control? Yuck....  Cell
BBM  Regarding Mel, I came up with this from the Nov. 13th presser:

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 2n9cpq9

At about 38 seconds in:  Quote:  I’ll show you something that gave us a little comfort.  When we first walked into Amanda’s house—opened the bedroom door and her dog came out; and gave us all a bunch of licks.  End
http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000847/impd-comments-on-blackburn-case

I find it very odd that Captain Converse would bring up Mel, the dog, at the first news conference; and even show a picture of him. Supposedly it was because Mel offered them some much needed and appreciated comfort--I'll I will even add deserved; but, part of me suspects he had other reasons.

Just for discussion purposes, I Googled the traits of a Boxer.  (Possibly Mel is only part Boxer, I'm not positive.)  But, I found this interesting:

Snipped Quote:  . . . It is constantly on the move and bonds very closely with the family. Loyal and affectionate, Boxers are known for the way they get along so well with children.  . . .

. . . The Boxer's nature is to protect you, your family, and your home. Known visitors will be welcomed.  . . .

. . . This breed is noted for courage and makes a great guard dog. Boxers have a wide use in military and police work. An excellent watchdog, the Boxer will restrain an intruder in the same way a Bulldog does.  . . .
 End
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/boxer.htm
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Shelley'sMom wrote:Hi guys. I haven't had much to contribute but I have been stopping by to read when RL hasn't been too crazy Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 155681

Hi, Shelley'sMom!  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 C0208

Gosh, I did notice her bringing him some water pretty much right at the beginning.  I'll have to take your word for any times there after as I can't stomach another go at it.

Just a note on your "shout out"--maybe use a PM?  Jus' so we stay on topic. Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Peppi-okay-smiley

I hope you drop in more often!  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 B)
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:10 pm

crimeq wrote:Also, re: "Meg" - she lived with Amanda and Davey for a while in their Indianapolis house.  She moved back to either N or S Carolina.  After Amanda's murder, Davey headed straight for N and S Carolina but keep in mind his family is there, as are his sponsoring church and Perry Noble.

Re: Perry Noble, there were numerous comments following Peter Hyatt's posts on the case about how Perry Noble seemed to sexualize Davey while Perry was giving Amanda's funeral service (which was not so much about Amanda, but about Davey).

Also, at least one gay man who posted on Peter's threads stated that he picked up on Davey's "gayness" - obviously he doesn't know Davey but I have had many, MANY gay friends (in theater and in the neighborhood in which I lived a number of years ago) and gays' "gaydar" is unerring.  I'm pretty good at picking it up myself but I have watched men zero in on each other from across the room, unerringly, and sometimes with men for whom I hadn't picked up the vibe.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions or create rumors; this info came from statements I read on the 'Net.  

The observation was also made that the church is a very good place for gays to "hide" because of the implied purity of holding a position in the church, and we've all seen how that works out for some ... ;)
Re:  "Meg":  I think she is also "Megan" that started a "Go Fund Me" page?  I don't think that lasted long, though--I believe all donations are now being safely swept behind the tightly closed blinds of the church.

Re:  "Noble":  For anyone who hasn't seen it; below is a You Tube video of about 9 minutes showing most of the portion from Amanda's service where it seems that he is possibly "sexualizing" Davey.

I support gay rights, but, here, in the context of this case, I understand something of the implications it could carry.

Below is a link where Noble wants Fox to apologize:

Snipped Quote:  Megachurch Pastor Perry Noble called on Fox News, Megyn Kelly and former Westchester County, New York, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro to apologize Monday for casting doubt on the innocence of Resonate Church Pastor Davey Blackburn in the murder of his pregnant wife, Amanda.

The call comes just hours after the Indianapolis Metro Police Department announced the arrest of 18-year-old Larry Taylor of Indianapolis for Amanda's death.

Noble, who is senior pastor of NewSpring Church in South Carolina where Blackburn worked as a campus pastor before starting resonate church, says the grieving widower suffered "venomous" attacks against his character after a segment on Fox News' "The Kelly File" questioned his innocence.
 End
http://www.christianpost.com/news/perry-noble-fox-news-apologize-doubting-pastor-davey-blackburns-innocence-150731/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Nan11 wrote:
Freckles wrote:

I was rolling my eyes when he described coming home from a week end hunting trip all stinky and dirty and tired and wanting, not a shower, sleep or food, but SEX. And then crudely describing wanting to grab his wife's breasts... Give me a break. Has he no respect for his wife? No ability for control? Yuck....  Cell
BBM  Regarding Mel, I came up with this from the Nov. 13th presser:

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 2n9cpq9

At about 38 seconds in:  Quote:  I’ll show you something that gave us a little comfort.  When we first walked into Amanda’s house—opened the bedroom door and her dog came out; and gave us all a bunch of licks.  End
http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000847/impd-comments-on-blackburn-case

I find it very odd that Captain Converse would bring up Mel, the dog, at the first news conference; and even show a picture of him. Supposedly it was because Mel offered them some much needed and appreciated comfort--I'll I will even add deserved; but, part of me suspects he had other reasons.

Just for discussion purposes, I Googled the traits of a Boxer.  (Possibly Mel is only part Boxer, I'm not positive.)  But, I found this interesting:

Snipped Quote:  . . . It is constantly on the move and bonds very closely with the family. Loyal and affectionate, Boxers are known for the way they get along so well with children.  . . .

. . . The Boxer's nature is to protect you, your family, and your home. Known visitors will be welcomed.  . . .

. . . This breed is noted for courage and makes a great guard dog. Boxers have a wide use in military and police work. An excellent watchdog, the Boxer will restrain an intruder in the same way a Bulldog does.  . . .
 End

Good info! Thanks, Nan. Cool
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by oxfordfox2 Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Wow. That is so interesting that the police would memntion the dog and show her photo in the news conference. I feel that they were sending out a coded message, but I can't figure out what it is. It is so wonderful to be here where we can express our thoughts without being censured.

oxfordfox2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:06 pm

oxfordfox2 wrote:Wow. That is so interesting that the police would memntion the dog and show her photo in the news conference. I feel that they were sending out a coded message, but I can't figure out what it is. It is so wonderful to be here where we can express our thoughts without being censured.
Hi, oxfordfox2!  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Hi-there-smiley

It's so nice to have you drop in!

I have put some thought into this, but I really can't come up with much.  One thing, I suppose, that they could have been trying to communicate was that the dog was very friendly; and, therefore his lack of response would not be a signal that he knew the burglars.

I have to admit, though, that this part will always trouble me.  I know enough about dogs to know that they know their business--and when their people are in trouble they take it as their duty to defend them.

I have seen a tiny Chihuahua dog fly into a great big human because he thought that person had threatened someone he loved. (He knew the "threatening" person, too.)

So, here, we have a neighbor who heard two shots and what appeared to be a woman scream--but no mention of anyone hearing a dog barking.  He should have been barking--and I don't mean normal barking.  If he was behind a closed door, I bet he would have hurled his body at the door trying to break it down.  Again, and again--he should have done that.

This is just another little part of this strange story that will never rest with me.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

I got interested in Noble and his church, so I did some Googling.  As a reminder, Noble is the senior pastor of NewSpring Church in South Carolina where Blackburn worked as a campus pastor before starting Resonate Church.  I believe he gave Davey $100,000.00 towards the start-up, so the two churches are affiliated; and you can see him in the video a few posts above.  Also to note, Noble has requested that Fox apologize to Davey.

In some way, I find the following articles give some insight into what Davey is all about.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 No-comment-smiley

Quote  . . . Noble and NewSpring’s official defense was that the whole harassment campaign was my and my wife’s fault. Their argument was that we should have known that criticizing NewSpring would cause bad things to happen to us, so we were really just asking for it. . . .  End
http://christianresearchnetwork.org/2013/01/04/bloggers-lawsuit-for-harassment-against-perry-noble-and-newspring-church-reaches-settlement/

Quote  . . . Perry Noble, pastor of a South Carolina megachurch, was rebuked by a Southern Baptist leader in South Carolina for calling the 10 Commandments "10 promises" and for other "problematic positions and statements." . . .  End
http://www.christianpost.com/news/megachurch-pastor-perry-noble-rebuked-by-southern-baptists-for-calling-10-commandments-10-promises-132967/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:41 pm

The situation with Amanda's dog does seem unusual. Why would she leave her dog in her bedroom like that. I don't close the door to my bedroom when I'm not in it. I can't think of a good reason why Amanda would WANT to isolate her dog in her bedroom.

Two thoughts:
1) Perhaps DB "accidentally" shut the dog in the room as he was heading out the "accidentally" unlocked front door on his way to the gym.
2) Perhaps the perpetrator ordered Amanda to "get rid of the dog" or he would shoot the dog and Amanda complied by putting the dog in her bedroom.

I have two dogs. My little dog barks like she thinks she is a giant dog that will save the world (or me, at least) when she hears something that disturbs her. My larger dog(rescue dog) hides under the table when he hears something that he doesn't like. So, my thoughts are that it may be hard to say how Amanda's dog may have reacted to a threat he could hear, but could not see, because he was shut away in the bedroom.

It does seem strange that LE shared the dogs picture at a press conference. I, too, wonder why they would do that? Odd, and unusual, for sure.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 pm

I too find it unusual that LE would share a photo of the dog at the presser. In fact, if you look at the facial expressions of the two LE who are on the left side of the picture, both of them have their mouths tightened and downturned, which is a very serious look. I can't imagine why the dog was made an issue at the presser, nor can I figure out why the dog was shut up in a closed bedroom.

And I agree, I don't understand why neighbors didn't hear a dog barking.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:09 am

Mylife101 wrote:The situation with Amanda's dog does seem unusual. Why would she leave her dog in her bedroom like that. I don't close the door to my bedroom when I'm not in it. I can't think of a good reason why Amanda would WANT to isolate her dog in her bedroom.
Same here.  I think Mel had a pretty good life and didn't spend many hours locked away.

Mylife101 wrote:Two thoughts:
1) Perhaps DB "accidentally" shut the dog in the room as he was heading out the "accidentally" unlocked front door on his way to the gym.
 I hear ya!  This could be--and Amanda didn't even realize it until it was too late.

Mylife101 wrote:2) Perhaps the perpetrator ordered Amanda to "get rid of the dog" or he would shoot the dog and Amanda complied by putting the dog in her bedroom.
Another excellent point!  Knowing the final outcome, a showing of this much humanity from the alleged murderer would surprise me.  It could have happened, though.

Mylife101 wrote:I have two dogs. My little dog barks like she thinks she is a giant dog that will save the world (or me, at least) when she hears something that disturbs her. My larger dog(rescue dog) hides under the table when he hears something that he doesn't like. So, my thoughts are that it may be hard to say how Amanda's dog may have reacted to a threat he could hear, but could not see, because he was shut away in the bedroom.
Is that your "rescue" dog in your avatar?  He is beautiful.

True, enough, regarding how hard it is to say.  They are probably more like children, and each respond differently to each situation. Another thing, I don't think Mel was very old, and maybe not as emotionally developed as an older dog would be.  I'm not sure, though.  He looks quite young in this picture, I find.

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 1622vd3

Mylife101 wrote:It does seem strange that LE shared the dogs picture at a press conference. I, too, wonder why they would do that? Odd, and unusual, for sure.
Another thought I had on this is perhaps so many people were asking about the health of the dog, that LE snapped a picture to show the public he was okay?  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Smileys-thinking-610136
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:27 am

crimeq wrote:I too find it unusual that LE would share a photo of the dog at the presser.  In fact, if you look at the facial expressions of the two LE who are on the left side of the picture, both of them have their mouths tightened and downturned, which is a very serious look.  I can't imagine why the dog was made an issue at the presser, nor can I figure out why the dog was shut up in a closed bedroom.

And I agree, I don't understand why neighbors didn't hear a dog barking.
Yes, indeed--regarding their facial expressions!  "Grim" even comes to my mind.

And it is interesting that you mentioned:  "a closed bedroom."  I went back and checked the video, and he does say:  "opened the bedroom door. . "

I know that it is a three bedroom dwelling:  two bedrooms upstairs, and one--the master--downstairs.

So, besides not knowing which bedroom; we don't even know which floor.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Dammit10

Notice how Captain Converse fidgets with the folder--it's like he can't wait to snap out the photo.  It really is strange.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:37 am

From my own observations: A dog will absolutely protect his pack leader, his human, against an outsider. Since this dog did not seem stressed, and there are no reports of torn toe nails, ripped up doors, I would conclude the dog did not feel anxiety with the person who put him in the room and shut the door. That would mean the dog was acquainted with that person... Amanda or DB? If Amanda was under stress, she would not have locked up her sole protector, her dog. That would mean it had to be DB...

Just my guess...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:17 pm

I would expect a dog to protect its owner too, but I recall the Meredith Emerson case where her dog didn't protect her against her kidnapper / killer. Do you remember that case? I was in a discussion re: the dog not protecting her and someone said that not all dogs will protect, so ???

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by oxfordfox2 Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Nan!! If we are right in our gut feeling that Davey did something to contribute to his wife's death, (at least that's the way I feel) why oh why hasn't some little clue trickled out somewhere? How can my instincts be so off base? I get such a bad vibe from Davey Blackburn.  It's maddening. drunken

oxfordfox2

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 pm

oxfordfox2 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Nan!! If we are right in our gut feeling that Davey did something to contribute to his wife's death, (at least that's the way I feel) why oh why hasn't some little clue trickled out somewhere? How can my instincts be so off base? I get such a bad vibe from Davey Blackburn.  It's maddening. drunken

Hi oxfordfox2 :) It is maddening. There just has to be something there. So many of us experienced case watchers have our bells ding-ding-dinging over this one; Peter Hyatt is picking up on something WAY off; what is going on?

Another question, back to "Meg": why was she in Indianapolis at Christmas time when Davey spoke there? She's living in N or S Carolina now and her family is there. Isn't it strange that she would be in Indy with Davey at Christmas, when her family is back in the Carolinas? (at least I'm assuming that her family is there from past reading).

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 pm

LOVE this photo of little Weston atop one of Amanda's refinished furniture pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/weatheredwillow/photos/a.673957809281731.1073741889.405046566172858/981668361844006/?type=3

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 pm

crimeq wrote:I would expect a dog to protect its owner too, but I recall the Meredith Emerson case where her dog didn't protect her against her kidnapper / killer.  Do you remember that case?  I was in a discussion re: the dog not protecting her and someone said that not all dogs will protect, so ???

I find that odd. Our dogs would always protect the family. Even from the mailman! lol Very Happy
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:11 pm

oxfordfox2 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Nan!! If we are right in our gut feeling that Davey did something to contribute to his wife's death, (at least that's the way I feel) why oh why hasn't some little clue trickled out somewhere? How can my instincts be so off base? I get such a bad vibe from Davey Blackburn.  It's maddening. drunken

I get the creepy crawlies from him, too.
For me, it is because of how he sexualizes everything and then justifies his sexualization by stating it as a "need"... apparently, something he is not equipped to control? He is a control freak as well...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 pm

From above: ^^^^
https://www.facebook.com/weatheredwillow/photos/a.673957809281731.1073741889.405046566172858/981668361844006/?type=3&permPage=1

Wow. That IS a beautiful picture! She was talented photographer.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Freckles wrote:
crimeq wrote:I would expect a dog to protect its owner too, but I recall the Meredith Emerson case where her dog didn't protect her against her kidnapper / killer.  Do you remember that case?  I was in a discussion re: the dog not protecting her and someone said that not all dogs will protect, so ???

I find that odd. Our dogs would always protect the family.  Even from the mailman! lol Very Happy

I was very surprised in the Emerson case that the dog didn't protect Meredith; they were very bonded, spent most time together, and she and the dog graduated from dog obedience school together.  Meredith was kept alive by the kidnapper for several days; the dog was with them all the time and did not attack the captor/killer.

Also, the dog was with Meredith on the mountain trail when she was attacked by the captor/killer and the captor/killer took not only Meredith but her dog too.

I know this is O/T but it was dog behavior that I didn't expect, just like I wouldn't expect Mel to be quiet and placid during a home invasion.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Freckles wrote:From above: ^^^^
https://www.facebook.com/weatheredwillow/photos/a.673957809281731.1073741889.405046566172858/981668361844006/?type=3&permPage=1

Wow. That IS a beautiful picture!  She was talented photographer.

Amanda was very artistic. I looked at her work on her business FB page and not only did she do great work, she arranged and staged everything beautifully. She had a great eye for color and placement and balance. Amanda would have made a fabulous interior designer, IMO. Also, as you say, she was a very talented photographer; she understood lighting, obviously, as well as composition.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Freckles wrote:From my own observations: A dog will absolutely protect his pack leader, his human, against an outsider. Since this dog did not seem stressed, and there are no reports of torn toe nails, ripped up doors, I would conclude the dog did not feel anxiety with the person who put him in the room and shut the door. That would mean the dog was acquainted with that person... Amanda or DB? If Amanda was under stress, she would not have locked up her sole protector, her dog. That would mean it had to be DB...

Just my guess...
I apologize for belaboring the issue of Mel!  If I may, though—another thought I had was that Davey may have put Mel in baby Weston’s room.

I’m thinking that might have served two purposes:
1) Mel was kept occupied as he felt he was protecting the baby.
2) A “warning” to the burglars to not enter the bedroom.

Freckles wrote:I find that odd. Our dogs would always protect the family.  Even from the mailman! lol Very Happy
Oh, I really laughed over this!  I had the same experience—I had to protect the mailman from the family dog.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 86439993.4ug7YWmb.gaffaw2

crimeq wrote:I was very surprised in the Emerson case that the dog didn't protect Meredith; they were very bonded, spent most time together, and she and the dog graduated from dog obedience school together.  Meredith was kept alive by the kidnapper for several days; the dog was with them all the time and did not attack the captor/killer.

Also, the dog was with Meredith on the mountain trail when she was attacked by the captor/killer and the captor/killer took not only Meredith but her dog too.

I know this is O/T but it was dog behavior that I didn't expect, just like I wouldn't expect Mel to be quiet and placid during a home invasion.
I wasn’t familiar with that case, but I did Google it.  I only read a little about it—how sad.  They were so close to finding her two or three times.

I agree with your point, totally.  Dogs are probably like people—some of them will go the extra mile and some of them will not.

Below are a couple of quotes that I find interesting, though I understand they are not conclusive.  There is always room for exception, not to overlook age and training.

This is Meredith’s dog:
Snipped quote:  . . .While the Labrador is not a guard dog, they are excellent watch dogs.  . . .
http://www.petwave.com/Dogs/Breeds/Labrador-Retriever/Pictures.aspx

This is Amanda’s dog:
Snipped quote:  . . .This breed is noted for courage and makes a great guard dog.  . . .

Snipped quote:  . . .I see the terms “watchdog” and “guard dog” used on the web as if they are interchangeable, but they aren’t. There is a difference between a guard dog and a watchdog – a big one.  . . .
http://www.bradanderson.org/blog/2011/07/guard-dog-vs-watchdog/

I think everyone would agree that it is alright to mention a case to make a comparison to one we are discussing.

Hugs for what you went through—I recognized the initials.  I know your points were accurate.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 7d4359a58c49ac661c9e304eb84d822239ebbc2
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Well, if your instincts are off—so are mine.  My head keeps screaming:  “what are the odds?”

What are the odds when see all of the following:

1.  The house is on a cul de sac
2.  Family dog is placed in a bedroom and the door is closed
3.  A departure for the gym at approximately 6:11 am with some sizable TV's removed from a house two doors down at approximately 6:00 am
4.  Left the front door of his house unlocked  (I have never heard him attempt an explanation for this.)
5.  Left the gym at 7:10 am, which is pretty much the exact time the "suspect(s)" left his home
6.  Arrived home at 7:30 am, but did not enter until 8:20 am
7.  The cell phone buddy happened to send a tweet saying how much he enjoyed their conversation
8.  The following discrepancy:  In the Nov. 13/15 presser, LE confirmed the motive was burglary. On Nov. 17/15, the husband said in his first interview, he was "baffled" as to why anyone would harm Amanda.

All the above points are red flags, and are only complemented by Mr. Hyatt's excellent analysis.

What it could be—[he] saw what was happening on the cul-de-sac; [he] put Mel in the baby’s bedroom; [he] left the front door unlocked; [he] slipped into his ’97 Civic and headed to the gym.

[He] hoped when he came home his bad marriage would be a thing of the past.

[He] got what he hoped for; but, yet, [he] did nothing.

An interesting thing I noted from the affidavit—a couple of things actually:

There was a woman leaving for work and actually followed Larry, Jr., as he walked down Sunnyfield Ct. talking loudly on his cell phone.  This lady was so concerned that she actually followed him for a bit.

Next, a man on Sunmeadow Way was also leaving for work when he saw a similar thing—he turned around and went back home.

I mention this only because it strikes me as what normal, responsible people do.

We also know that both Amanda and Davey liked to get up early so they could do their “devotions.”

And for my last point, I might as well grit my teeth and add:  even the wickedness—the evil—of the young men that took Amanda’s life works to his favor.  Who can deny that the streets are safer with the three of them behind bars; and it does give a feeling of relief and approaching justice.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Wallbash-smiley-face
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 pm

crimeq wrote:Hi oxfordfox2 :)  It is maddening.  There just has to be something there.  So many of us experienced case watchers have our bells ding-ding-dinging over this one; Peter Hyatt is picking up on something WAY off; what is going on?

Another question, back to "Meg":  why was she in Indianapolis at Christmas time when Davey spoke there?  She's living in N or S Carolina now and her family is there.  Isn't it strange that she would be in Indy with Davey at Christmas, when her family is back in the Carolinas?  (at least I'm assuming that her family is there from past reading).
BBM - Have you heard any rumors that she is back; supposedly for the purpose of babysitting Weston?  I read that somewhere; but, have no idea if it is true.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:52 pm

Freckles wrote:I get the creepy crawlies from him, too.
For me, it is because of how he sexualizes everything and then justifies his sexualization by stating it as a "need"... apparently, something he is not equipped to control? He is a control freak as well...
Yes, I can see the “control freak” in him.

For me, though, it’s more that I find he tries to spin all his horribleness as being “in the name of God.”

He didn’t grieve when he lost Amanda because it wasn’t in God’s plan for him to grieve.  We are to believe that it was God’s purpose to take Amanda in this horrible way so that his newly “planted” church could prosper.

It makes me sick, it really does.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Disgust1-smiley-face
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:17 pm

crimeq wrote:LOVE this photo of little Weston atop one of Amanda's refinished furniture pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/weatheredwillow/photos/a.673957809281731.1073741889.405046566172858/981668361844006/?type=3
Freckles wrote:From above: ^^^^

Wow. That IS a beautiful picture!  She was talented photographer.
crimeq wrote:Amanda was very artistic. I looked at her work on her business FB page and not only did she do great work, she arranged and staged everything beautifully.  She had a great eye for color and placement and balance.  Amanda would have made a fabulous interior designer, IMO.  Also, as you say, she was a very talented photographer; she understood lighting, obviously, as well as composition.
That is one gorgeous picture!  I agree Amanda was very talented.

My heart aches for this beautiful baby.  Look at the little twinkle in his eye, and how happy, confident, and contented he was.

All he has left now is that cold, cold fish.  I'm so sad and afraid for him.  Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 Sad0049

Amanda Blackburn Unsolved Homicide - Page 4 22gq5f

I hope it is okay to add the picture--please let me know if you think it should be removed.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:19 pm

@Nan - I am on my way out so will respond more later.  However, I think it's GREAT that you added the photo above!  What a gorgeous shot and what a beautiful, happy baby.  I agree with you (I think it was you) who posted that he looked very sad in the Christmas pic that Davey posted of him.  He looked like a confused and sad little boy Sad

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Nan,
Re dogs: We had mixed breed medium sized sisters. The dominate dog was smaller than her sister but was a "scrapper"...and kept her sister in line. The dominate dog would order her sister to dig holes (and other naughty things). If the submissive dog refused, she would get a nasty bite! Both dogs were very loyal to family. Out on walks and off leash, if danger was felt, both dogs would race back to protect the kids, etc. I don't relate to a dog not protecting...

Above, you posted the comment re a possible "bad marriage".
Did Amanda or DB make any comments re what they perceived the health of marriage was?

I find this a another odd case where the wife/gf is pregnant and is murdered. I wonder if there is some kind of syndrome or mental condition where a man is offended, goes off the deep end, because the woman is pregnant and for some reason, he can't deal with it???? shifty
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:52 pm

I am delighted the pic of Weston was posted! He looks like a little tiger with his stripes and his hair messed UP!. Joyful picture!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Dear friends, I haven't been on crime media for a while. My daughter passed away last year at this time and I just don't feel like being on here right now. I will again, I just need some time. Randie
Randie
Randie

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by crimeq Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Randie wrote:Dear friends,  I haven't been on crime media for a while.  My daughter passed away last year at this time and I just don't feel like being on here right now.  I will again, I just need some time.  Randie

I'm thinking of you, Randie. Take good care of yourself. Hugs.

crimeq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next