Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09

+13
Ann - Tx
Estee
cisme
BREEZE4
Julie
Piper
Justice4all
Michelle
Booklover
butterfly
babbette
Snaz
FystyAngel
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi, cisme! Welcome to Reality Chatter (RC)!

You should be able to PM now. I think you have to post at least one comment on the board of one of the RC threads before you can PM. I see you have posted 2 comments so you "should be good to go."

Maybe Julie or Justice4All, Site Administrator, can confirm the above.

Regarding having possible info about the Nevaeh Buchanan case, I would contact the Monroe County Sheriff's Office immediately.

Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield was the spokesperson at the Press Conferences (videos) that I have viewed.

The following is his contact information:

Monroe County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield
100 E Second St Monroe Mi 48161
734-240-7401

Source:

http://www.co.monroe.mi.us/government/departments_offices/sheriff/index.html
Monroe County, MI - Sheriff's Office
_____

Also, per an article posted by Justice4All on November 18, 2011, you can contact Crime Stoppers if you prefer to remain anonymous:

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=688112
NorthwestOhio.com 1/17/11

Snipped:

In early June that year, fishermen discovered the girl's body in a concrete-covered grave near the bank of the River Raisin.

If you have any information call Crime Stoppers in Michigan at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

cisme, I hope this info will be helpful to you. I strongly urge you to contact law enforcement, such as Sheriff Crutchfield, immediately. If not, contact the Crime Stoppers in Michigan at the above phone number.

As you know, this case needs to be solved and those responsible need to be held accountable.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Nevaeh's gravesite decorated for Christmas

Posted: Dec 06, 2011 8:25 PM CST
Updated: Dec 20, 2011 9:49 PM CST

13abc.com Christine Long
WTVG - Toledo, OH

Two and a half years ago five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was taken from her home and buried alive.

To this day, the high profile murder case remains a mystery.

13abc's Christine Long reports from Monroe, MI, with how family and friends are remembering the little girl this Christmas, as well as the latest on the investigation.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Department still gets tips every once in a while, but the gruesome murder case that haunts this community remains unsolved.

Inside St. Joseph's cemetery rests Nevaeh Buchanan.

On her tombstone, she's called "Monroe's Little Angel."

Read more and view video:

http://www.13abc.com/story/16204435/nevaeh-buchanans-gravesite-decorated-with-christmas-tree
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Nevaehbuchanan2011

Nevaeh Buchanan

Source:
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=688112
NorthwestOhio.com 11/17/11
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 am

Wouldn't it be wonderful if CISME had the info that could solve this tragedy...I sure hope she/he follows through and contacts the authorities...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Empty Nevaeh

Post by cisme Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello to all.Like I said before I am just going on my gut here.I don't want to destroy an innocent persons life but all the same I do not want to see a murder go unsolved.Maybe I am way off base but this is what I do know(condensed version).You be the judge.I am from Monroe.I lived there when she went missing.I fished the same place she was found.Only a local person would find this fishing spot unless they were on a boat.My wife and I were waiting on a friend to come to our house the night she dissapeared.He was 3 hours late and seemed stressed.He lived in the area she was abducted from prior but now lived in an area that could have took him past where she was found.The day she was found he said he drove that road home and saw an older gentleman walking hand in hand with a little girl whom he said they both seemed dirty and looked away when he went by.That was about 50 to 100 yards from the embankement she was found down.My wife and I both asked him if he called it in and he said no...ofcourse we both told him to do so....but something tells me he never did......and like I said he was acting strange about the entire thing...I felt it more than my wife did...but all the same.Coincidental? I would hope so.It has been over two years and for some reason I can not shake the feeling.So Hence my Dilema...say something and be wrong...either way.

cisme

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 am

Welcome to RC cisme. I remember hearing early on in the case that only a local would know about that spot.

The police were watching a person of interest closely in the first year after Nevaeh was found, but here we sit almost three years later and an arrest still hasn't been made. I agree with Ann that you should contact the Sheriff's Office immediately and tell them what you know. If your friend wasn't involved, he could have information that might help the Sheriff.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 am

Monroe residents gather to remember Nevaeh Buchanan

Posted: Feb 02, 2012 9:08 PM CST
Updated: Feb 02, 2012 10:18 PM CST

By Dick Berry
WTOL - Toledo, OH

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 16666432_BG2
Nevaeh Buchanan

MONROE, MI (WTOL) - Nevaeh Buchanan would have turned 8 years old on Friday. Three years ago, her life was cut short by a killer who remains on the loose.

Thursday night, friends and family gathered for an event they didn't call a birthday party or celebration.

Instead it was a way to honor Nevaeh.

Read more & view video:

http://www.wtol.com/story/16666432/monroe-residents-gather-to-remember-neveah-buchanan
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Nevaeh Buchanan would've celebrated her 8th birthday on Friday

by Kevin Kistner
NorthwestOhio.com - OH

Posted: 02.03.2012 at 2:55 PM

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Nevaeh%20buchanan1
Nevaeh Buchanan

MONROE -- The family of little Nevaeh Buchanan celebrates another birthday as the search for her killer gets colder. Nevaeh would have turned 8 years old Friday.

Read more:

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=715506
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

"Happy 8th Birthday, Nevaeh" . . . Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 643974

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Bg8th Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Thumbnail

Gone . . . but not forgotten! Rest in peace, precious Nevaeh afro
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 90

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 643974
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 am

RE: Investigation Discovery - Disappeared

Julie of Reality Chatter and the The Hinky Meter brought the following to my attention.

Erin Browne of NBC NEWS - Peacock Productions - Associate Producer is looking for families and close friends of people who have disappeared for possible inclusion in the Investigation Discovery show, Disappeared, in its 5th season.

If you know of any one that has some one missing or an unresolved case, please forward the Link to them. It is an avenue they might be interested in pursuing to bring attention to the case of their loved one.

Erin Browne details the required criteria in the e-mail. The e-mail address of Erwin Browne is included. Your submission would be direct to Erwin Browne.

The following is an e-mail Erin Browne sent to "Help Find the Missing.org".
~~~~~

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=932091
Help Find the Missing.org - Investigation Discovery - 1-26-12

Subject: Investigation Discovery - Disappeared
_____

Also, Julie started a thread here at Reality Chatter in this regard. It can be found in the Forum - Missing.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3733-investigation-discovery-disappeared-looking-for-cases-for-season-5
Reality Chatter - Investigation Discovery - Disappeared (Looking for cases for Season 5)

Special thanks to Julie for posting this info and alerting families of the missing or unresolved cases.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Have they ever caught her killer? I think about this case.There were so many pervs around her.
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm

wonderingwhy wrote:Have they ever caught her killer? I think about this case.There were so many pervs around her.

I had to look that up. This is from February, 2012, and the answer, sadly, is no.

Nevaeh Buchanan would've celebrated her 8th birthday on Friday

by Kevin Kistner

Posted: 02.03.2012 at 2:55 PM

snipped:

Despite the heinous crime and the media attention her killer still has not been found. A $ 50,000reward is being offered in the case.

If you have any information call the anonymous tip line at 734-457-6713.

Read more:
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=715506
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Sun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks Julie..So sad..I really hope some day that they catch him...
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Me too.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Loved ones continue to hope for justice three years after the murder of Nevaeh Buchanan

Posted: 05/23/2012
Last Updated: 1 hour and 28 minutes ago
By: Anu Prakash

MONROE, Mich. (WXYZ) - "Not a day goes by that i don't think about her," says Jennifer Buchanan, the mother of Nevaeh Buchanan.

"I want justice for Nevaeh more than anyone," she says.

Thursday marks three years since Nevaeh disappeared.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/monroe_county/loved-ones-continue-to-hope-for-justice-three-years-after-the-murder-of-nevaeh-buchanan
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Police Say They're Closer To Arrest In Nevaeh Killing

By Ray Kisonas
Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old girl who was snatched from an apartment complex three years ago.

#Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed. In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime. That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

Read more: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/23/police-say-theyre-closer-arrest-nevaeh-killing/

There hasn't been much news on Nevaeh's case during the last couple of years, so I really hope an arrest happens soon. This case has gone unsolved far too long. I have a feeling that if there is an arrest, it will probably be somebody previously mentioned as a person of interest.

If you want to catch up on the details of this case, I think the best source of information was from a series of Detroit Free Press articles from two years ago which you can find at the following link.

http://www.freep.com/article/99999999/NEWS05/90605035/1318/A-year-later-the-murder-of-Nevaeh-still-grips-Monroe&template=theme&theme=MISSING_NEVAEH
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 am

Thanks for this update, J4A!

I hope there is an arrest in this case real soon. Some one needs to be held accountable for the murder of little Nevaeh.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 am

Justice4all wrote:Police Say They're Closer To Arrest In Nevaeh Killing

By Ray Kisonas
Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old girl who was snatched from an apartment complex three years ago.

#Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed. In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime. That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

Read more: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/23/police-say-theyre-closer-arrest-nevaeh-killing/

There hasn't been much news on Nevaeh's case during the last couple of years, so I really hope an arrest happens soon. This case has gone unsolved far too long. I have a feeling that if there is an arrest, it will probably be somebody previously mentioned as a person of interest.

If you want to catch up on the details of this case, I think the best source of information was from a series of Detroit Free Press articles from two years ago which you can find at the following link.

http://www.freep.com/article/99999999/NEWS05/90605035/1318/A-year-later-the-murder-of-Nevaeh-still-grips-Monroe&template=theme&theme=MISSING_NEVAEH
Them saying that the community is not in danger could also mean a family member. I don't know much about this case I will have to get up to date with the above link.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

snowbird wrote:Them saying that the community is not in danger could also mean a family member. I don't know much about this case I will have to get up to date with the above link.
I really don't think it was a family member, but hopefully we find out soon. Regarding the statement that the community isn't in danger, the two sex offenders that were POIs have been in jail since the day after Nevaeh disappeared, and the other guy who was a POI at one time is being watched like a hawk by police and neighbors.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Fri May 25, 2012 10:20 pm

I keep thinking about that SO that was a "friend" of the mothers.The one she allowed around her little girl because she didn't want to "judge" him..I really thought that LE had forgotten about this little girl. I am glad that they are closer to catching him and I hope they do it soon.
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Police: Arrest Possible In Murder Of 5-Year-Old Girl

May 24, 2012 7:21 PM

CBSDetroit - Detroit, MI

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Nevaeh-buchanan
Nevaeh Buchanan

MONROE (AP) – Police say they’re closer to arresting the person responsible for kidnapping and murdering a 5-year-old Monroe girl who disappeared three years ago and was found buried near a Michigan river.

Read more:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/24/police-arrest-possible-in-murder-of-5-year-old-girl/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun May 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Candlelight Vigil For Nevaeh Sunday

May 27, 2012

MonroeNews.com -MI

A candlelight vigil in memory of Nevaeh Buchanan will begin at 8 p.m. Sunday at St. Mary’s Park, 195 W. Elm Ave., Monroe.

Read more:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/25/candlelight-vigil-nevaeh-sunday/
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 am

May 28, 2012 at 1:00 am

Vigil in Monroe honors Nevaeh, 5, year after she was killed

By Detroit News staff and wire reports
The Detroit News - Detroit, MI

Nevaeh Buchanan -- Found Deceased 6/4/09 - Page 3 Bilde?Site=C3&Date=20120528&Category=METRO&ArtNo=205280346&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Vigil-Monroe-honors-Nevaeh-5-year-after-she-killed
Nevaeh Buchanan (Detroit News)

Monroe— After three years of memorials, plaques and playscapes, a community gathered again Sunday to remember a little girl who was kidnapped and killed, and to remind others her assailant hasn't been found.

Some 50 people, including relatives, gathered at St. Mary's Park for a memorial, said Rev. Dale Hayford of Crosswalk Community Church, a family friend who spoke at the girl's funeral.

Read more:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120528/METRO/205280346/Vigil-Monroe-honors-Nevaeh-5-year-after-she-killed?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Reading ... May 24, 2012 "Police say they’re closer to arresting the person responsible for kidnapping and murdering a 5-year-old Monroe girl who disappeared three years ago and was found buried near a Michigan river."

Valentines Day 2013 and still no arrest!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri May 24, 2013 1:32 am

Monroe marks 4 years since disappearance of Nevaeh, 5

Friday, May 24, 2013

BY MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

The Blade - Toledo, OH

MONROE — It was four years ago today that 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was snatched during broad daylight outside her home at the Charlotte Arms apartments.

She was last seen alive in the parking lot, riding a scooter and playing with friends in the complex’s parking lot on a Sunday evening.

Quarries, woods, and ditches were combed in an exhaustive search. Ten days later, the rambunctious, dark-eyed little girl who loved motorcycles and SpongeBob SquarePants was found buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

Read more:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/05/24/Monroe-marks-4-years-since-disappearance-of-Nevaeh-5.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Justice Still Sought Five Years After Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Found In Shallow Grave

May 25, 2014 11:14 AM

...Investigators told WXYZ they have received several tips over the years, but still need a break in the case to charge anyone with her murder. They call it an open investigation.

There is an ongoing $50,000 reward for anyone who provides a tip leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect. Anyone with information should call the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department at 734-240-7401.

Read more:  http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/25/justice-still-sought-five-years-after-nevaeh-buchanan-5-found-in-shallow-grave/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3