Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial

5 posters

Go down

Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial Empty Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Motion for Admission to Appear Pro Hac Vice (Andrea Lyon)
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13091969

Last edited by Snaz on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial Empty Casey Anthony New Check Fraud Motions Filed Oct 12 2009

Post by MissKansas Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Check out the the Clerk website regarding the check charges trial….The defense has been filing LOTS of paperwork today.

10/12/2009 A EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE FILED
10/12/2009 A EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR A JURY QUESTIONNAIRE FILED
10/12/2009 A EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR INDIVIDUALLY SEQUESTERED JURY VOIR DIRE FILED
10/12/2009 A EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE THE INTRODUCTION OF ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO MISS ANTHONY’S MURDER CASE
10/12/2009 A EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE OF ALLEGED PRIOR BAD ACTS
10/12/2009 A BLANK JUROR INFORMATION SHEET FILED
10/12/2009 A MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE OF ALLEGED PRIOR BAD ACTS
10/12/2009 A DEFENDANT’S MOTION IN LIMINE FILED TO PRECLUDE THE INTRODUCTION OF ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO MISS ANTHONY’S MURDER CASE
10/12/2009 A MOTION IN LIMINE FILED TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE OF ALLEGED PRIOR BAD ACTS
10/12/2009 A MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE
10/12/2009 A MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR A JURY QUESTIONNAIRE
10/12/2009 A MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR INDIVIDUALLY SEQUESTERED JURY VOIR DIRE
10/12/2009 A MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANT’S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE THE INTRODUCTION OF ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO MISS ANTHONY’S MURDER CASE
10/12/2009 A MOTION FOR ADMISSION TO APPEAR PRO HAC VICE
10/12/2009 A MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE
10/12/2009 A MOTION FOR A JURY QUESTIONNAIRE
10/12/2009 A MOTION FOR INDIVIDUALLY SEQUESTERED JURY VOIR DIRE

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=6e954515-a586-4e06-a3e5-8c7d3fb50e9f

Casey Anthony
Inmate # 08049710
Case # 0874777
MissKansas
MissKansas

Back to top Go down

Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial Empty Re: Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Defense's Motion for Change of Venue Check Fraud Trial
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13093619
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial Empty Re: Motions Relating to Check Fraud Trial

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Casey's Defense Wants Check Fraud Venue Change

Posted: 6:24 pm EDT October 12, 2009Updated: 6:33 pm EDT October 12, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense team is asking for a change of venue for her check fraud trial, which could be scheduled at her next hearing on Friday.

The defense is also asking that each potential juror be questioned individually, out of earshot of the others called for jury duty.

They also do not want the jurors hearing her check fraud case to hear any of the evidence that comes out publicly in her murder case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21276357/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Defendant's Motion In Limine To Preclude The Introduction Of Any Evidence Relating To Miss Anthony's Murder Case
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13098974

Motion In Limine To Exclude Evidence Of Alleged Prior Bad Acts
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13099942
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 pm

I just don't see what a change of venue would do. It is what it is. KC's on video, she signed and cashed checks. I don't understand why a jury trial would even be necessary in this case. What is the defense for the defense? Shocked
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by MissKansas Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Piper wrote:I just don't see what a change of venue would do. It is what it is. KC's on video, she signed and cashed checks. I don't understand why a jury trial would even be necessary in this case. What is the defense for the defense? Shocked

Not to mention Bozo Baez paid Bank of America the $$$$ money KC stole from Amy's account.....ummmmm, that pretty much says "I'm Guilty", IMO. Why would you return the money if you were innocent....... bat bat
MissKansas
MissKansas

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 am

Right...the payback of the money as well...it's pretty cut and dry. Even if she didn't have a murder charge hanging over her head. If you take your average "thief" under these circumstances, how would they get or even ask for a change of venue?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 am

What I thought was pretty interesting in his change of venue motion was that JB stated that "the case has become the most important case" in Orlando... and then he went on to list all the examples of NATIONAL media attention to the case.... isn't that just a tad contradictory when he is trying to convince the Court that Orlando is the only place that reports on it??

Also, I hope the Judge takes note that the DEFENSE TEAM and the A's are the ones out in the public holding press conferences and interviews.... not the State. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the State wanted a gag order... and JB both fought and won that.... He just can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Snaz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct typo....)
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:35 am

Motion for Individually Sequestered Jury Voire Dire
Filed October 12, 1009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13096875

Motion for a Jury Questionnaire
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13097020

Juror Information Sheet
Filed October 12, 2009

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13097241
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:58 am

awaiting justice wrote:Snaz, I agree ..he always wants his cake and eat it too..

Also, In reading the Motion Pro Hac Vice... I have some concerns.. I havent researched the subject at great lengths however, what jumps out at me is the wording where A.L acknowledges she has been granted this priviledge for the Capital murder, then asks for any and all cases, referring to the upcoming fraud trial, and what bothers me is where she is says...

"Due to the factual overlap, in relevant events and witnesses, in Miss Anthony's capital murder case and the instant matter.....it is critical the defense team be allowed in both cases..."

My problem is that, if he agrees with the motion, imo, it wud appear that he wud agreeing that these cases are related. So far, it seems to me that the state and Stan, have looked and treated these crimes as unrelated, and separate. Baez's motion to have the fraud case dlayed was denied.
Furthermore, if Stricklands stand, was that they were related, he wud have rightfully held off the fraud trial from going first, b4 the capital case, and honoured Baez's request to have it held until afterward...

Im not sure if granting the motion wud show conflict in letting the fraud trial be tried first.
Also, if Stan denies it, my understanding is that A.L shud still be able to attend, however, she wud need to go thru the proper channels, to apply to the bar, to be allowed to practice where ever in Fl, and in any court that she was licensed in....

At least, this way, if he denies her motion and she goes ahead and starts the process to become licensed in FL, and runs out of time... then she can come bak with her Pro Hac Vice and ask the courts for special permission to practice in this fraud case, as a result of not being able to get licensed in time, as opposed to citing factual overlap...
Im not adverse to her repping KC , in the fraud trial, however I dont like her wording in her request. It seems like if he agrees to it, he may be agreeing that the cases are entangled and related...which of course may be good grounds for appealing her cap case ...

AJ, well, one thing that crossed my mind as I read your post is that if Judge Strickland does, in effect, agree that the two cases are related... then JB's motion wherein he speaks about the cases being completely separate and not related should fall on deaf ears... and mentioning that KC is charged with murder during the fraud trial should be fair game.

I don't, however, think any of this is likely to happen. As we have seen, the SA's office is very much on top of all these motions that the defense files, so I'm sure they are one step ahead. I am also confident Judge Strickland is following the letter of the law to prevent the very thing you suggested.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 am

Casey Defense Wants Fraud Trial Moved
Casey Anthony Also Charged With Murder In Daughter's Death

POSTED: Tuesday, October 13, 2009
UPDATED: 7:15 am EDT October 13, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense team representing Casey Anthony wants a change of venue in her check fraud trial.

A judge could rule as early as Friday if the the trial will be moved to another county.

Anthony, 23, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, is also accused of writing more than a dozen checks that belonged to her friend, Amy Huizenga.

Anthony's attorneys are calling for a change of venue because they don't want jurors in the check fraud trial to potentially be prejudiced by any information related to her murder case. Her defense team is also asking the judge to allow potential jurors to be questioned individually before being selected for the jury.

The check fraud trial could start in late November.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21279965/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 am

Casey's Legal Team Wants Check Fraud Trial Moved

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:13:09 AM

ORLANDO -- New motions filed by Casey Anthony's legal team include getting her upcoming check fraud trial moved out of Orange County.

Her lawyers also want to issue a written questionnaires to potential jurors and allow attorneys to interview potential jurors individually rather than in a group.

Anthony is accused of writing over $600 in checks that belonged to a friend, Amy Huzienga.

A judge could set a start date for the trial at a court hearing Friday.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/10/13/casey39s_legal_team_wants_check_fraud_trial_moved.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:37 pm

wow... bozo has really caught whatever condition the anthony family is prone to...

wantingspecialtreatmentolitis... good lands.. when in ANY other fraud case in this (or any other for that matter) jurisdiction were the potential jurors allowed to be questioned individually?? it is a fraud case people.. OPEN AND SHUT.. she either cshed the checks or she didnt, and since they have her on VIDEO committing the crime, it is IMO a NO BRAINER..
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 am

Judge Refuses To Dismiss Casey's Check Fraud Case

Posted: 9:58 am EDT October 20, 2009
Updated: 10:54 am EDT October 20, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In the case against Casey Anthony, an order filed by Judge Rodriguez denied her defense team’s motion to get Casey’s civil case dismissed.

READ: Judge's Order Denying Motion

The case against Casey will go back to court in December. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled in her check fraud case for December 18, with the trial set for January 25. Her defense team has asked that the trial be moved out of Orange County, but a judge has yet to rule on that.

In a hearing last week, the defense won the right to have the photographs of Caylee's remains copied on CDs, which they will send to their experts.

Casey Anthony faces murder charges in the death of her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21347953/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:54 am

Judge in civil case does not dismiss lawsuit
The lawsuit against Casey Anthony was filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, who says Anthony ruined her reputation.

Sarah Lundy Sentinel Staff Writer

11:18 a.m. EDT, October 20, 2009

A judge in the civil case involving Casey Anthony ruled this week that he would not dismiss the lawsuit. Orange Circuit Court Judge Jose R. Rodriguez issued the decision on Monday.

The lawsuit was filed by Zenaida Gonzalez, a Kissimmee woman who says Anthony ruined her reputation. She's seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

In the criminal case, Anthony, 23, is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee Marie. The toddler's remains were found in December near her family home in east Orange County.

Anthony initially told investigators that she left Caylee with a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez. Detectives determined the woman didn't exist.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-civil-case-not-dismiss-102009,0,438797.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks to Snaz in particular for posting all those links (I got lots of reading to do!)....... and to everyone else for their great comments. kh
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:29 pm

kh, you are so welcome......
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down