Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations

4 posters

Go down

Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations Empty Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations

Post by Justice4all Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am

CHICAGO -- For more than two decades, Oprah Winfrey has been the inspirational, change-your-life champion who reigned over daytime television much like Johnny Carson once ruled late night.

Now she's ready to say goodbye, leaving a huge void for broadcast TV even as she raises the possibility of more Oprah than ever when she starts her own cable network.

Winfrey told viewers Friday that she will dim the lights on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" at the close of its 25th season in late 2011.

"I love this show. This show has been my life. And I love it enough to know when it's time to say goodbye," she said, holding back tears. "Twenty-five years feels right in my bones, and it feels right in my spirit. It's the perfect number, the exact right time."

For the hundreds of network affiliates who depended on Winfrey to deliver millions of viewers every day, Friday's announcement starts an 18-month clock to find a way to fill the space left behind after the end of the most successful daytime talk show in television history.

Winfrey's show "is one of daytime television's very foundations," said Larry Gerbrandt, an analyst for the firm Media Valuation Partners in Los Angeles. "You could, and stations did, build their schedules around her. They gave it the best time period, leading into their news, and used it to promote other shows."

Winfrey cautioned viewers that they would hear "a lot of speculation in the press about why I am making this decision," warning them not to listen to the "conjecture." But she offered no specifics about her plans for the future, except to say that she intended to produce the best possible shows during the final two years.

Read more: http://www.kctv5.com/entertainment/21678151/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations Empty Re: Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations

Post by Piper Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:21 am

When I heard this today, I decided 20 years has been long enough on my job! I remember Oprah first hitting the scene and watching her fame and fortune rise over the last 20 some years. I watched Johnny Carson thru the years as well...makes me feel old!

Who will be the next Oprah? crystal ball
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations Empty Re: Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations

Post by Julie Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:30 am

Oprah's Departure Presents Problem For TV Stations 917988
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 am

Jules...lol
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down