Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial)

+9
Tracey6434
FystyAngel
sitemama
Piper
khintx
Justice4all
randilynn
Dis
Snaz
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial) Empty Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial)

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:35 am

Casey Anthony team: Stop jail video
Her team is challenging jail recordings, death-penalty procedure

By Walter Pacheco and Amy L. Edwards, Orlando Sentinel
10:31 a.m. EST, December 2, 2009

Casey Anthony's attorneys will get an opportunity next week to argue several motions, including one aimed at prohibiting the Orange County Jail from recording her visits with her defense team.

Jail officials said video recordings at the jail, which are routine according to corrections policies, are for the protection of the inmates and their attorneys, according to Allen Moore, a jail spokesman.

The attorney visits between Casey Anthony and her attorney, José Baez, are usually held in a classroom that is always digitally videotaped without any audio tracks, Moore said.

"Our recording system in that part of the jail does not have the ability to record audio," Moore added.

The only time a report is generated in relation to a meeting is when something inappropriate happens. In October 2008, jail staff warned Baez that he was not allowed to touch his client. Reports show corrections officers witnessed Baez hugging Anthony.

Moore said in a statement that jail policy "forbids any kind of touching between visitors and inmates."

Baez refrained from touching his attorney after those warnings.

This is not the first time the issue of jail recordings has come in the Anthony case.

A video shot at the jail on Dec. 11, the day the remains of Caylee Anthony were discovered less than a mile from her family home, reportedly shows Casey Anthony reacting severely to the news.

Corrections Lt. Tammy Unser told detectives Anthony began to breathe rapidly, her hands became sweaty and red blotches appeared on her neck after hearing the news on a TV hours after the discovery.

She also requested a sedative from medical staff.

Anthony's defense team didn't want the video, which has no sound, released to the media. Her attorneys argued the images could be misleading and it violated her medical privacy.

Local and national media, including the Orlando Sentinel, had filed legal documents to persuade Strickland to release the video. However, Strickland acknowledged the Sentinel's request and ruled against it.

In June, Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland ordered the court to seal that video.

Anthony's team also wants the destruction of most existing video of their meetings.

Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland has scheduled a hearing on those motions at 9:30 a.m. Dec.11.

Next week's hearing, announced this morning, will likely draw more attention to the jail's policies on recordings.

"We have followed jail policies and rules very carefully and directly and we intend to continue do so,'' Moore said. "We will attempt to accommodate Mr. Baez, but never outside of jail policy," Moore said.

At times, a corrections officer is stationed outside that classroom or in one of the monitoring stations to observe the meetings, but not to listen to the conversations.

Moore said the jail follows the same video monitoring procedures for all inmates.

Next week's hearing also will allow Anthony's defense lawyers to argue another motion — one that argues that Florida's death-penalty procedure is unconstitutional.

And because the procedure is unconstitutional, the death penalty should be precluded as a potential sentence, their motion argues.

Defense lawyers Baez and Andrea Lyon filed that motion about two weeks ago.

In it, her lawyers argued, "Even if the death penalty procedure were constitutional, the State has failed to charge Miss Anthony with the aggravating circumstances necessary to impose the death penalty; thus, a death sentence in this case would violate due process."

Anthony's lawyers argued in their motion that Florida's capital-sentencing procedure "violates the notice and jury trial rights guaranteed by the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution."

Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 2-year-old Caylee.

The toddler was reported missing in July 2008 — about a month after she was last seen alive.

Caylee's remains were discovered December 2008 in woods just blocks away from her family's east Orange County home.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-stop-jail-recordings-20091202,0,5395555.story?page=1

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial) Empty Re: Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial)

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 am

Sad, this hearing will be on the one-year anniversary of Caylee's remains being found......
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial) Empty Re: Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial)

Post by Dis Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:19 pm

I guess I don't love my kids like George and Cindy, or maybe I am not as good a Christian as I'd like to think, but I couldn't look at Casey if she were my daughter and not hate her for taking my precious, defenseless grandaughter. This first anniversary would bring it home for me. When this all started I would look at my grandson and get mad just thinking what was done to Caylee, by her OWN mother. RIP Caylee Marie
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 pm

okay... bozo again is looking for special treatment...

answer me this.. if the conversations are in no way audio recorded, how does this violate the rights of attorney client priviledge??

bozo has a history (documented) of being inappropriate with this client... and now he wants unmonitored visits!!! i am thinking NOT!!

what.. does he want to knock her up as a last resort to save her from the DP... i think this request is not only outlandish, but needs to be discussed further as to WHY he wants to be alone with KC so badly...
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Casey Anthony back in court next week

Updated: Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:38 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 02 Dec 2009, 10:36 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

- Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
- Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
- Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
- Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120209-anthony-back-in-court
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm lost on how the death penalty violates Casey's rights under the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
I'm sorry, but when the defense repeatedly asks for a trial to be delayed, that does not mean their client's right to a speedy trial has been violated, and they can't seriously try to say that Casey hasn't been informed of the nature and cause of the accusations against her.

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868.

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Casey has been given due process which is part of the reason we have to sit through all of the time-wasting, useless motions that her defense keeps filing. Maybe Jose didn't finish the sentence and only read the part that says "nor shall any State deprive any person of life."

Maybe I'm missing something. Can anybody explain to me how the death penalty violates Casey's rights under the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments?

Last edited by Justice4all on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:39 pm

randilynn wrote:okay... bozo again is looking for special treatment...

answer me this.. if the conversations are in no way audio recorded, how does this violate the rights of attorney client priviledge??

bozo has a history (documented) of being inappropriate with this client... and now he wants unmonitored visits!!! i am thinking NOT!!

what.. does he want to knock her up as a last resort to save her from the DP... i think this request is not only outlandish, but needs to be discussed further as to WHY he wants to be alone with KC so badly...
The video-only recordings are standard procedure in that jail and I don't believe they violate attorney-client privilege. IMO, there is no good reason to give Jose unmonitored visits with Casey. I can only imagine why he wants to be alone with her so badly.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:39 pm

J4a..

i think the issue they have with the 6th is.. :
"and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation" ... they are claiming that NOT enough info was laid out in the grand jury for her to defend herself.. i find this point moot however, because that is what the dern trial is for!!
And for the 16th.. i am not sure.. maybe the "nor shall any State deprive any person of life"... however, he must have forgotten the part about without due process...

and IF bozo would stop D*cking around, the due process would be mucho SPEEDIER!!!
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:53 pm

How the Grinch Stole Casey Anthony’s Christmas

Dec 2nd, 2009
by Richard Hornsby.

It was recently announced that Judge Strickland will address four of the Casey Anthony Defense Team’s motions at a hearing on December 11, 2009. They are:

1. Motion to Preclude the Death Penalty Procedures
2. Motion for a Protective Order Directing Orange County Jail to Destroy Videos of Family Visits
3. Motion for a Protective Order Prohibiting Orange County Jail from Videotaping Attorney Visits
4. Motion to Dismiss for Violation of Double Jeopardy Clause

The scheduling of the hearing on these motions provides not only a timely interlude in the progression of her Murder case, but also a timely and brief interlude from my two part series on her Check Fraud case (Casey Anthony: Insufficient Funds).

Unfortunately though, I think that this interlude will not provide Ms. Anthony with any early Christmas cheer, as it appears that Santa will not be giving her anything on her Christmas wish list – she must have been a naughty girl this year, tsk tsk…

Oh Casey, just what have your attorneys done?

Read the rest:
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/02/how-the-grinch-stole-casey-anthonys-christmas/
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Casey Anthony’s parents to testify at hearing

Updated: Friday, 04 Dec 2009, 5:05 PM EST
Published : Friday, 04 Dec 2009, 5:05 PM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony will be back in court Friday December 11 for motion hearings and her parent's, George and Cindy Anthony, along with their attorney Brad Conway have been subpoenaed to testify.

Judge Strickland will hear four motions in the State vs. Casey Anthony case beginning at 9:30 a.m.:

- Motion to preclude the death penalty procedures
- Motion for a protective order prohibiting Orange County Jail from videotaping attorney visits
- Motion for a protective order directing Orange County Jail to destroy videos of family visits
- Motion to dismiss counts 1,2, 4, 5, 7, 8 10, 11, 13 for violation of double jeopardy clause

Anthony’s lawyers filed the motions saying there isn't enough information in the murder indictment for Anthony to defend herself so they want it thrown out. They are also trying to get the check fraud case dropped too claiming double jeopardy because she faces several counts of basically the same charge.

Anthony, 23, has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120409-george-cindy-anthony-to-testify
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh Goody! Finally some action in this case! And of course it's always fun to watch the Anthony's!!!! I am gonna be here with bells on!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial) Empty Cindy & George Subpoenaed for Hearing 12/11/09

Post by khintx Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 am

Did you guys see this? kh

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m12d5-Casey-Anthony-case-George-and-Cindy-Anthony-and-attorney-to-testify-at-next-weeks-court-hearing
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:53 am

They were subpoenaed so it probably came from the state, no? This should be interesting!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm

not necessarily.. the defense may also subpoena anyone they want.

honestly, i would be lead to believe it would be FOR the defense, considering the hearing is primarily motions brought on by bozo and company.

many times, even defense (cooperating) witnesses are issued a subpoena for "legal" purposes. Sometimes, it is for work excuse, sometimes just for assurance of appearance. but if the anthony's have a chance to help their little murderer, you bet they wouldnt miss it for anything.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Yes, it will be interesting. Let the show begin.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm

Cindy will be wearing her green sweater, her KC button and chomping that gum, and screwing the lid on her water bottle. George will have his KC and Caylee buttons, his white shirt and his gum. "Wheelie Boy" will be in usual dark suit and that big brief case. They will all be spouting their lies, barf NOTHING NEW!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I'll be so happy once this trial starts (AND ENDS) so that we don't have to watch the fake tanned, GA & the gum chomping sea hag, CA, any more. They really are quite repulsive. (IMO)
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 am

awaiting justice wrote:OMG..do you think they do the fake and bake???
I thought everyone looks like that in Fl....lol

Laughing roflao

It has been my experience that most "working class" are definately NOT that shade of yellow! roflao
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:39 pm

I read on another blog that there is a doc dump today! I couldn't find it on WFTV but maybe one of you sleuths can. I hope there is something really good in it!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:40 pm

sitemama wrote:Cindy will be wearing her green sweater, her KC button and chomping that gum, and screwing the lid on her water bottle. George will have his KC and Caylee buttons, his white shirt and his gum. "Wheelie Boy" will be in usual dark suit and that big brief case. They will all be spouting their lies, barf NOTHING NEW!

Sitemama,

I can't help but start by Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing whenever I read wheelie boy. Gets me EVERY TIME!

But as for the other part of your post about CA and GA, when this happens just as you said, and I know it will, I will get mad as hail all over again!!!!!! Mad Mad
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 pm

FYI..... truTV is covering the hearing tomorrow morning, starting at 9:00 a.m......

If I get any live stream links, I will post them, also.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

And I'll be there virtually with bells on!!!! Hearing - December 11, 2009 - 9:30 a.m. (Criminal Trial) 573759
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 pm

i cannot watch trials on trutv... they dont shut up long enough to see anything... keep cutting out to "talk" about what is going on... i want to watch the hearing, not some high paid moron talk about it....

do you know if it will be online? that is how i usually watch them...
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Casey Anthony's attorney to argue for private jail visits

By Amy L. Edwards and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
December 10, 2009

Privacy is not something inmates — even high-profile ones like murder suspect Casey Anthony — can expect behind bars.

Video cameras routinely record inmates in common areas of Central Florida jails for security. Telephone calls also are screened and recorded.

The only time inmates can expect some privacy is when they meet with their attorneys in specially designated areas. These rooms have no video cameras to preserve attorney-client privilege, but are monitored by corrections officers.

Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney, said his client's privacy is being compromised because jail officials are steering him and his client into a different room — one with cameras — and he objects to the surveillance.

He will ask an Orange County judge today to prohibit jail officials from recording Anthony's visits with her legal counsel and parents and destroy all recorded meetings with her defense.

Baez, whose client is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, said in a motion that cameras and jail staffers are having a "chilling effect" on their interactions and affect the ability to provide an adequate defense.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said jail staff does tell Baez where to meet, but he can always request a different room, one without cameras.

"We have followed jail policies and rules very carefully and directly and we intend to continue to do so," Moore said about jail practices. "We have always attempted to accommodate Mr. Baez's requests, but never outside of jail policy."

Rande Matteson, a criminal-justice professor at Saint Leo University in Pasco County, said inmates do not have any expectation of privacy.

"Inmates frequently engage in criminal behavior while incarcerated and the corrections staff is responsible for safety inside and outside the facility," Matteson said.

Observing — but not listening — during lawyer visits is a common practice at jails across the U.S., said Greg Futch, head of Osceola County Corrections and former director of jails in Brevard, Flagler and Seminole counties.

This is not the first time the issue of jail recordings has come in the Anthony case.

A video shot at the jail on Dec. 11, 2008, the day Caylee's remains were discovered a few blocks away from her family home, reportedly shows Anthony reacting to the news.

Corrections Lt. Tammy Unser told detectives Anthony began to breathe rapidly, her hands became sweaty and red blotches appeared on her neck after hearing the news on a TV.

Anthony's defense team didn't want the video, which has no sound, released. Her attorneys argued the images could be misleading and violate her medical privacy.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland sealed the video, despite requests to release it from news organizations, including the Orlando Sentinel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-jail-recordings-20091210,0,6475264,full.story
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:37 pm

WESH.com will be streaming the hearing live...... see my bold at the end of the article.

Friday Hearing Comes Year After Caylee Found
Casey Anthony Defense To Argue Several Motions

POSTED: 5:24 pm EST December 10, 2009
UPDATED: 5:47 pm EST December 10, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The next chapter in the case against Casey Anthony will play out in an Orange County courtroom on Friday -- the one-year anniversary of the discovery of Caylee Anthony's remains.

Anthony's defense team plans to argue several motions at the hearing, which is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m.

One is a defense motion to destroy the jail tapes made during Anthony's family visits, but administrators say that would be destruction of public records.

Anthony is in the Orange County Jail awaiting trial in 2010 on a charge of first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony said a nanny took Caylee, whose remains were found in Orange County woods a year ago -- on Dec. 11, 2008.

WESH.com plans to stream the court hearing. Look for a link on the home page on Friday morning.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21924382/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Raw Video of Hearing

Part 1:

http://www.wftv.com/video/21930588/index.html

Part 2:
http://www.wftv.com/video/21930619/index.html

Part 3:
http://www.wftv.com/video/21931707/index.html

Part 4:
http://www.wftv.com/video/21932889/index.html

Last edited by Snaz on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add link to Part 4)
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Casey Anthony Breaks Down In Court During Hearing

Posted: 5:01 pm EST December 10, 2009
Updated: 1:34 pm EST December 11, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony was back in court Friday morning. Casey, wearing a green shirt and her hair down, appeared very serious as she waited for the hearing to begin. The hearing began on time, at 9:30am, in Orlando and ended at 11:44am.

The hearing happened on a crucial date in the case. Caylee's remains were found one year ago, December 11, 2008, in a wooded area near the home where she lived with her mother and grandparents on Suburban Drive.

Casey Anthony is facing the death penalty in the murder of her daughter and, Friday, her defense team asked Orange County Judge Stan Strickland to throw the death penalty completely out of the case. Judge Strickland didn't rule on much, saving rulings on the most important motions for either later Friday or next week.

Cindy and George Anthony, and their attorney Brad Conway, were in attendance, because they were subpoenaed to testify. They were never called to testify.

One of the issues brought Casey and her mother to tears.

“Your honor, I don't know if you know just how much pressure there is facing a capitally-charged defendant and the need for her just to hear the words, 'Honey, I love you,'" death penalty attorney Andrea Lyon said.

Casey cried as her attorneys explained that she's had no conversations with her parents for one year because all of them are recorded inside the Orange County jail. Casey’s attorneys say, more importantly, their conversations with their client are compromised when security cameras are on them inside the jail.

“It tends to make our conversations circumscribed because of the feeling that, perhaps we're being listened to, and this is a particularly egregious situation considering the state is trying to kill our client,” Lyon said.

But attorneys for Orange County, which runs the jail, say their security system is set up to protect everyone inside the jail, even attorneys who come to speak to clients about cases.

“Orange County can't just be required to modify its jail security procedures for one inmate,” said Tamara Gappen, Orange County.

Casey broke down in tears yet again when a prosecutor described a scenario that might have led to Caylee’s death.

“If she was physically restrained, her killer would have to restrain her arms by some means, applying tape while she was conscious,” the prosecutor said. “As the killer looked into her face, maybe her killer even looked into her eyes as the tape was applied. First one piece, then two, then three, so that no breath was possible.”

The defense says prosecutors cannot prove capital murder and are really just trying to load a jury with "conviction prone" jurors, citing research that shows jurors who say they can apply a death penalty are more likely to convict in a murder case. Prosecutors, though, say they can prove and win a death penalty case.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder and she has pleaded not guilty. Although the death was ruled a homicide, a specific cause was never determined.

One important jail video is still sealed, which is the video that recorded Casey's reaction the day her daughter's body was found. That tape has still never been seen publicly and defense attorneys don't want the jury to see it either.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21924120/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm

TruTV has been disecting the case/hearing all day.

Another HUGE thank you to you Snaz!
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Every time I have seen Casey trying to fake the tears, she was always more concerned with not smearing her eye makeup. Notice, even way way back, she dabs at the corners of her eyes and then immediately checks her fingertips for any trace of eye makeup. She does the same thing when she dabs oh so carefully with a tissue. Same tissue, dab, check for smudges, always aware of being under the scrutiny of the camera. I wish her performances can be alluded to in court. This is the face of a killer...not a grieving mother. Notice where her attention is, she is checking her makeup, not crying for the little girl who she coldly and calculatingly killed. Casey was an I could not care less mother.
RIP sweet little Cayley Marie Angelbabe
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Did anybody catch the interview with Jose Baez after the hearing? He said, "the death of a child is obviously a horrible thing and it would be difficult for anyone to listen to." The reporter then said, "even though she was there when it happened?" Then Baez said she wasn't there and said something about being in fairyland. It's easy to see how he earned the Bozo nickname. Here is a link to the video. http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:05 am

AJ~I just watched that portion to clarify what they were talking about. In order for someone to be subpoenad (sp) to be deposed they have to be on the witness list. If I understand correctly this only applies to the defense since the state has the ability to subpoena for investigation and question the witness under oath without the defense having a right to be there, even if the witness is not on the states witness list. In order for Juannie Baez to be there he will have to put DC on the witness list which is probably what he will do. Or he should. IM unprofessional opinion..LOL I think I heard a lawyer say something earlier about him putting DC on the witness list. And then I heard Kathi Belich ask him if that was what he was gonna do. He didn't answer her. That video of him and Andrea is good...real good. It's on WFTV. The state will re-subpoena DC but they still keep the depo time for next week. It's looks like DC will have to give it up. My question is: Why did we have to go through all this to get him on the hot seat? If the state had the ability to make him answer and he and his lawyer obviously knew they could, why fight it?? I can't imagine him wanting to avoid seeking justice for Caylee. Dumbfounds me!!! I know it's for the money, fame, what have you but we're still talking about the murder of a 2 yr old!!! I don't get how people can justify it. In fairness to the whole case, LDB filed the motion to have him deposed I believe to give Baez the opportunity to sit in, now unless he puts DC on the list, he is NOT invited. He whined about it too. The judge said it is up to the state if they will let him in. LOL I hope my post makes sense!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:14 am

I am glad you posted the video J4A. I just answered a post on the other thread and I was refering to that video in part of it. Andrea also pushed Kathi out of the way at one point and Kathi said. "That's battery" LMAO

I really think KC was reliving the moment she killed Caylee when Mr. Ashton was talking. She was shaking her head as if to say, that's not how it happened. How would she know what happened if she is innocent. My favorite part of the hearing was "Make him stop" "I can't" Something her parents should have told her many times. I can't fix your problems, you have to suffer the consequences. If they had, Caylee may still be with us. How sad to hear Jeff Ashton speak of Caylee's last moments. Sad
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:25 am

Dis, You make sense. It is the continuous smoke and mirrors game that the D-fense is playing. I think that they believe that Casey will be found guilty. I think they are going to slip in a little unnoticeable glitch, to prepare for the poor legal counsel claim that surely will follow. What a bunch of cold-hearted connivers the whole gang of them are. I want the prosecution to grill D.C. about the two phones he was carrying that day, and who he was talking to. Someone pointed him in that direction, and if it weren't for the mistake on the pavers we may never have known where that sweet little girl was dumped. Thje Anthony's would have made sure of that.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:47 am

awaiting justice wrote:J4A..that is too funny!!! OMG Kathi is great.. I believe it was kathi who asked JB if it wud be upsetting even though she was at the murder..... lol
I almost fell out of my chair laughing during that part. roflao

Dis wrote:I am glad you posted the video J4A. I just answered a post on the other thread and I was refering to that video in part of it. Andrea also pushed Kathi out of the way at one point and Kathi said. "That's battery" LMAO Sad
That part was also very funny. lol! Does the expression on Andrea's face ever change?

I wonder if we will get similar video daily during the trial.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:18 am

My favorite part of the hearing was "Make him stop" "I can't"
by Dis.

I listened to the videos late last night, but don't remember when this remark was made. Can someone tell me?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 am

Sitemama, I think it was during the part where Ashton was giving his theory on how Caylee died. I haven't watched the proceedings yet, but from what I've read, it was hard to hear.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Mama~It's on part 17 on the utube videos around the 2:28 mark, I believe. It's right around that area. My sound is not very good plus I am hearing impaired but if you listen really close you can hear Casey whimpering Make it stop and then you can definitely see Andre, I mean Andrea mouth the words....I can't. They talked about it on another blog so I went and listened to it. PLus, part 17 is the best part of the hearing. IMO
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 pm

You are so right about that Cali! If DC had found the remains, we may have never known where Caylee was...so sad. I don't think he ever found her and we may never know. But thank God someone (Kronk) did.
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:14 pm

I want to feel sorry for G&C but I think the tears and outrage have more to do with their little princess than losing Caylee. I pray they will repent. God have mercy on their souls. CONway tries to humanize them, and it is sad because if not for their actions, they would have plenty of sympathy. And did anyone see that camara whore Joy Wray????? UGH!!!!! That women is out of her tree!!!!!
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyNile Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Who is Joy Wray? Ive been out of the loop for a while now. Who's the Whore? lol

IndyNile

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 pm

they were talking about this "make him stop" comment last night.. i did not hear it when i watched it live, but certainly did when it was replayed.

now.. i have listened to this several times, and i hear NO grief in her voice.. she plainly says "make it stop" but not in a i cant take anymore tone, it sounds to me like an annoyed tone. .. the tears were crocodile, i know this because she didnt shed one until bozo leaned over and said something to her, then immediately the watergates were opened. .. and i found it too convenient that miss lyons made sure that she wasnt blocking the camera from having a direct view of the "sobbing" killer. she made sure there was no obstruction to that..

and DIS... i definately noticed the head shaking, and that too, is how i interpreted it... at CERTAIN details, she began shaking her head "no" .. and i SWEAR i saw her mouth something to miss lyons like "thats not it" ... i am NOT a very good lip reader, but i do have some experience with my vent patients that cannot talk. . from her PERFORMANCE, i have no doubt that she knows exactly how it happened, because she obviously new how it DIDNT happen.

(im praying the jury can see right through this cued crying from the defense.)
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm

How many times can people storm out of a courtroom before they can be barred from re-entering? The Anthony's got a hefty dose of reality yesterday, all of them, IMO. Mr. Ashton did a fantastic job, and they've only just begun. I see the Ant's spewing profanities or throwing water bottles, they will not be able to contain themselves thru this trial crystal ball
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:40 pm

IndyNile wrote:Who is Joy Wray? Ive been out of the loop for a while now. Who's the Whore? lol
She is a Casey supporter who searched with Texas Equusearch a couple times and claims to have video that proves Caylee's remains were not in the woods in November 2008. There is more information about her at the following link. http://www.realitychatter.com/caylee-anthony-f14/joy-wray-to-be-questioned-by-ocso-t1517.htm
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyNile Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks J4A. This is going to be one hell of a trial..

IndyNile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:21 pm

sitemama wrote:
My favorite part of the hearing was "Make him stop" "I can't"
by Dis.

I listened to the videos late last night, but don't remember when this remark was made. Can someone tell me?
You can hear this exchange at 1:31 of the following video from MyFox Orlando.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Here is The Levi Page Show from last night on Blog Talk Radio. They discussed Friday's hearing and the panel included Diane Fanning, Leonard Padilla, Orlando reporter Mark Williams, and InSession reporter and attorney Jean Casarez.

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Baez and Lyons are requesting special rules for Casey while she's being visited in jail. They are requesting Casey be given special treatment and not have the visits recorded. One reason Lyons gave for Casey "needing" special jailhouse rules is so that "Cindy and George can say I Love You to Casey".

Is there some reason George and Cindy can't go to the jail and say "I Love You" to Casey right now? Will Casey be given lethal injection if Cindy says "I Love You" to Casey and the statement is taped?
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 pm

I would have more respect for Lyons if she could be somewhat more imaginative for Casey "requiring non-taped visits". Such as, "then George, Cindy and Casey can all get their lies straightened out before the murder trial."

Maybe George and Cindy could send Casey an I Love You card!!!!!!!
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 pm

I just can't see how Judge Strickland could possibly grant the defense motion to not tape family visits..... every other inmate would then be asking for the same privilege.. that just can't happen.

And I agree, Eva, there is absolutely no reason Cindy and George can't go to the jail just to say "I love you" to KC.... even BC said they wanted to do it should be doing it (on LKL show). It was pretty obvious at that point, it was either JB or KC who was the reason behind them got going. If KC is so innocent, just going to say "We love you, we support you" should not be a problem. Why would they care if it is dissected in the media and on the internet?

I believe that in truth, the defense fears Cindy can't keep her big trap shut. She just won't be able to help herself.......

Frankly, I can't believe JS will grant the defense motion to not tape attorney visits either.... there is no sound, so what's the big deal? Again, if the princess is given special privileges, every inmate will expect them.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:06 pm

I don't think any of the defense's motions will be granted. Casey doesn't deserve any special privileges and it is up to the jury to decide whether the death penalty is appropriate in this case.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next