Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts

4 posters

Go down

UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts Empty UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:28 pm

UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6390459.php

TJ Hart
Posted: Thursday, 18 February 2010 1:20PM

Misty Croslin and Hope Sykes appeared before Judge Terry LaRue this morning for arraignment hearings in Palatka.

Ronald Cummings was not be present since he has already issued his not guilty plea through his attorney, Terry Shoemaker.

Misty Croslin faces 7 counts of trafficking in prescription pills in Putnam County and 1 count in St Johns County. She is being held at the St. Johns County Jail on a bond of $1.35 million. Hope Sykes, who is Ronald Cummings' cousin, faces one count of trafficking.

Misty Croslin, Cummings, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock were arrested Jan. 20, Croslin and Cummings were faced with two additional counts on Feb. 3 due additional discoveries in the continuing investigation.

FDLE officials have said that the drug arrests are not related to the Haleigh case.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin face minimum prison sentences of 25 years if convicted of these drug charges.

Putnam County investigators have repeatedly said that Misty Croslin is a key to solving Haleigh's disappearance. They said Croslin's statements have been inconsistent and don't match evidence police recovered at the Cummings house after Haleigh was reported missing - Feb. 10, 2009.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts Empty Re: UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Misty Croslin and Hope Sykes to be Arraigned Today
http://www.bloggernews.net/123860

Posted on February 18th, 2010

This just in from TJ Hart - Simon

Misty Croslin and Hope Sykes are scheduled to appear before Judge Terry LaRue this morning for arraignment hearings in Palatka.

Ronald Cummings will not be present since he has already issued his not guilty plea through his attorney, Terry Shoemaker.

Misty Croslin faces eight counts of trafficking in prescription pills and is being held at the St. Johns County Jail on a bond of $1.35 million. Hope Sykes, who is Ronald Cummings’ cousin, faces one count of trafficking and has bonded out of the Putnam County Jail on a bail amount of $150,000.

Misty Croslin, Cummings, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock were arrested Jan. 20, Croslin and Cummings were faced with two additional counts on Feb. 3 due additional discoveries in the continuing investigation.

FDLE officials have said that the drug arrests are not related to the Haleigh case.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin face minimum prison sentences of 25 years if convicted of these drug charges.

Putnam County investigators have repeatedly said that Misty Croslin is a key to solving Haleigh’s disappearance. They said Croslin’s statements have been inconsistent and don’t match evidence police recovered at the Cummings house after Haleigh was reported missing - Feb. 10, 2009.

TJ Hart
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts Empty Re: UPDATE: Arraignments In Putnam Drug Busts

Post by khintx Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Exerpt from jail tapes

Hank (Misty's dad): “I pray for Haleigh, too.”
Misty: “I pray for her too, all day everyday. I’m telling you I do. I miss her so much.”
Hank: “Poor little girl. I miss her, too.”
Misty: “God is going to bring her home.”
Hank: “God is going to bring her home?”
Misty: “God is going to bring her home.”
Hank: “Do you think she can come home?”
Misty: “Of course.
Hank: “I hope and pray to God she does.”
Misty: “Me too. I can’t tell you definitely because you know I cant say 100 percent, but God hasn’t given me that sign but I wish I could tell you more.
Hank: “I don’t want to know more.”

Dear Misty~ We need to know when God is going to bring Haleigh home. We need to know when you get your 'sign.' You are starting to sound like Casey Anthony.
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 pm

New tapes Misty and her mom re: Leonard Padilla, etc. Not sure when these were taped, presumably before Lisa's arrest today.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=67181072001#/News/More+Misty+Croslin+Jailhouse+Tapes+Released/50619441001/50624658001/67181072001
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Even more............
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=152200&catid=3

(Cease and desist order Robert Fields)

Does Misty really think she's gettin out of jail tomorrow????

kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Misty Croslin's Attorney Tells Bounty Hunter to Back Off

Created: 2/18/2010 2:05:36 PM
Updated: 2/18/2010 6:08:09 PM

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty Cummings pleaded not guilty to all seven drug charges brought against her today in court.

Robert Fields, her attorney, requested a jury trial. A pretrial hearing is set for March.

Misty Cummings was arrested with her brother and ex-husband, Ronald Cummings, on drug trafficking charges in January.

Cummings, Haleigh's father, was not in court. His attorney filed not guilty pleas on the drug trafficking charges on Cummings' behalf.

Also today, Cummings' mother, Lisa Croslin, was arrested outside of court just hours before her daughter's appearance on an outstanding grand theft warrant from 2009.

In addition to today's events at the courthouse, there was a development involving Misty Croslin which has a connection to the Haleigh case. It involved a strong warning from Croslin's lawyer to a well-known bounty hunter.

First Coast News has obtained a cease and desist letter to Leonard Padilla. The letter is dated Feb. 17.

Padilla is a California-based bounty hunter who has offered to pay Croslin's bail in exchange for information on Haleigh.

The letter states, "We have been informed that you have purchased a vehicle, cellular phones and other items for Hank and Lisa Croslin. Misty considers this action an unwanted third party contact intended to influence her parents to convince her to work with you."

Padilla told First Coast News Thursday, "Of course I'm trying to get to her. I want to get the truth from her. How else does he expect me to create goodwill between me and her?"

Padilla said he had not received the letter yet.

He confirmed that he had spent about $3,000 on a car for Hank Croslin Sr. and at least $200 on food and phone time for Misty or her family.

Padilla also said his office bailed Misty's mother, Lisa Croslin, out of jail Thursday for the grand theft charge.

The letter from Fields also said, "Misty Croslin has made it clear to me that she does not desire your assistance in this matter. Therefore, she respectfully requests that you cease and desist any further attempts to contact her, either directly or by way of any third party."

Wednesday, more jailhouse tapes of conversations between Croslin and her father, Hank Sr., were released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Department.

An excerpt:

Hank: "I pray for Haleigh, too."
Misty: "I pray for her too, all day everyday. I'm telling you I do. I miss her so much."
Hank: "Poor little girl. I miss her, too."
Misty: "God is going to bring her home."
Hank: "God is going to bring her home?"
Misty: "God is going to bring her home."
Hank: "Do you think she can come home?"
Misty: "Of course.
Hank: "I hope and pray to God she does."
Misty: "Me too. I can't tell you definitely because you know I cant say 100 percent, but God hasn't given me that sign but I wish I could tell you more.
Hank: "I don't want to know more."

Hope Sykes, one of the five people arrested with Misty, was also arraigned today.

In previous jailhouse tapes released, Misty's brother, Tommy, has also discussed the missing person case of Haleigh.

Haleigh disappeared last February from her Satsuma home while Croslin was babysitting her. She reportedly was the last person seen with Haleigh Cummings, but she's said she doesn't know where the child is.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=152200&catid=3
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:10 pm

i have a question, it is actually retorical, because i do not believe their is an answer, but it really plagues me in cases like this..

WHY are defendants allowed to plead not guilty to crimes that they are ON TAPE COMMITTING??

much like KC, and the check charges, the police have misty on audio and likely video selling drugs.. if it is memorialized on FILM, how is it possible to be "not guilty"?? i think the court could save a LOT of time and money, saying, "no, i can SEE you committing said crime on video.. you are guilty"

even IF misty argues that it was entrapment, or some other stupid non-excuse, she still DID IT.. she is definately guilty of selling drugs, no ifs ands or buts about it. ..

maybe instead of guilty but insane, she could plead guilty but STUPID... but a not guilty plea should NEVER be accepted when there is VIDEO of the crime...

IMHO.
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down