Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Croslin pleads not guilty, transferred

Go down

Misty Croslin pleads not guilty, transferred Empty Misty Croslin pleads not guilty, transferred

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Misty Croslin pleads not guilty, transferred
Thursday, 18 Feb 2010
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/021810-Croslin-pleads-not-guilty-transferred

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Misty Croslin on Thursday pleaded not guilty to all seven drug charges brought against her in court. Robert Fields, her attorney, requested a jury trial. A pretrial hearing is set for March. Misty, 18, was arrested with ex-husband, Ronald Cummings, and her brother on drug trafficking charges in January.

Ronald, father of missing HaleighCummings , was not in court. His attorney filed not guilty pleas on the drug trafficking charges on Cummings' behalf. Misty was transferred early Thursday morning and is being held on more than $1.35 million bond. She had been at the St. Johns County jail in St. Augustine since her arrest three weeks ago.

READ MORE: "Missing Girl's dad pleads not guilty" >>>

Also on Thursday, Misty Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, was arrested outside of court on an outstanding grand theft warrant from 2009, just hours before her daughter's appearance. She bonded out of jail a few hours later.

Croslin's lawyer also has sent a strong warning to Leonard Padilla, a well-known bounty hunter who was involved in the Casey Anthony case. Padilla is a California-based bounty hunter who had offered to pay Croslin's bail in exchange for information on Haleigh.

The cease-and-desist letter dated Feb. 17 says, "We have been informed that you have purchased a vehicle, cellular phones and other items for Hank and Lisa Croslin. Misty considers this action an unwanted, third-party contact intended to influence her parents to convince her to work with you."

"Of course I'm trying to get to her. I want to get the truth from her. How else does he expect me to create goodwill between me and her?" Padilla told WAWS TV in Jacksonville.

Padilla confirmed that he had spent about $3,000 on a car for Hank Croslin Sr. and at least $200 on food and phone time for Misty or her family.

"Misty Croslin has made it clear to me that she does not desire your assistance in this matter. Therefore, she respectfully requests that you cease and desist any further attempts to contact her, either directly or by way of any third party," the letter said.

Wednesday, more jailhouse tapes of conversations between Croslin and her father, Hank Sr., also were released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Department.

An excerpt:

Hank: "I pray for Haleigh, too."
Misty: "I pray for her too, all day everyday. I'm telling you I
do. I miss her so much."
Hank: "Poor little girl. I miss her, too."
Misty: "God is going to bring her home."
Hank: "God is going to bring her home?"
Misty: "God is going to bring her home."
Hank: "Do you think she can come home?"
Misty: "Of course.
Hank: "I hope and pray to God she does."
Misty: "Me too. I can't tell you definitely because you know I cant say 100 percent, but God hasn't given me that sign but I wish I could tell you more.
Hank: "I don't want to know more."

READ MORE: "New recordings of Misty Croslin in jail" >>>

Hope Sykes, one of the five people arrested with Misty, was also arraigned on Thurday. In previous jailhouse tapes released, Misty's brother, Tommy, has also discussed the missing person case of Haleigh.

Haleigh disappeared last February from her Satsuma home while Croslin was babysitting her. She reportedly was the last person seen with Haleigh Cummings, but she's said she doesn't know where the child is.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down