Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea

+8
randilynn
Estee
Julie
pi-girl
Cali
Justice4all
Snaz
Piper
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea Empty Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea Abc_chelsea_king_100301_mn

This beautiful, vivacious 17 yr old went missing on Feb. 25th while doing something she loved - running...

Chelsea's alleged attacker has been arrested, and they are preparing forcible rape and murder charges against John Albert Gardner III, 30 yrs old - a known child molester. He was arrested in 2000 and charged w/ commiting lewd and lascivious acts w/ a child under 14. Gardner is also suspected in a recent attack on another jogger in the same area who was able to get away by hitting him in the face with her elbow. Presently however, Chelsea remains missing. As in the case of missing wife Ryann Bunnell Crow - police are confident that they have enough forensic evidence against Gardner to pursue a murder conviction even without Chelsea's body. Gardner is not cooperating with police.

Interestingly though, police have stated that they also suspect Gardner in the cold case of missing 14 yr old Amber Dubois - whose parents have joined themselves together with Kings parents in an effort to find their missing daughter. Police are now pouring over Dubois' case looking for any clues that might link Garnder to her disappearance.

"Chelsea is 5-feet-5 inches tall and 115 pounds, with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes.

She is a member of the San Diego Youth Symphony and a straight-A student at Poway High School, where she is due to graduate this spring.

The sheriff's department asked that anyone with information about King's whereabouts call 858-565-5200. "

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/chelsea-king-disappearance-suspect-linked-cases/story?id=9975272&page=2

Back to top Go down

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 am

Another sad story... Lets hope LE has the right monster so the streets will be a little safer today!

I hope thy can tie him to the cold case too. Her parents have been waiting too long !

Back to top Go down

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea

Post by Piper Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm

What a tragedy, another young beautiful life taken away violently. My guess is Gardner will continue to not co-operate. Hopefully, it will lead to some answers for Amber's parents as well. How these monsters can fly below the radar for so long is beyond me. Another one that should not have been walking the streets.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:17 pm

makes me wonder if there are any other similar abductions that can be looked at more closely or reopened... the guy is 30 - he could have been operating for 10+ yrs... I'd like to know more about where's he's been in the last 10 yrs... sounds like he might be a serial rapist/child molester/murderer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm

I agree, tish..... he very well may have been raping, molesting and murdering young women for 10+ years. I do hope they take a very close look at those years.

I also pray they can tie him to the disappearance of Amber Dubois. Her parents need to know what has happened to their daughter.

Thank you for posting, tish.
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 pm

They need to look at similar cases anytime they arrest a predator like Gardner. If they are capable of killing once, they are capable of having killed multiple times. I hope Chelsea and Amber's parents get the answers they are looking for.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh no! Not another one...and a convicted child molester is now under arrest and LE intends to charge him with murder. Another case of the sex offender suspected in another death but there was no evidence to keep him locked up. He should have been locked up forever - instead he was free to continue and escalate his acts from rape to include murder.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 pm

I wonder when authorities will truly take notice of how many terrible things like this are happening. In almost all cases like this, the perp has previously been convicted but released. It seems to have been proven over and over that these creeps are not capable of being rehabilitated. They should never be free to commit these acts repeatedly. Just think of how many people would still be alive today if they had never crossed paths with these psychos. The laws as they are now seem to be made to protect the guilty.
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm

good point pi-girl - come to think of it - i can't think of ONE single SO that i know that has been successfully rehab'd... I can think of 3 that i know personally who were repeatedly let go and repeatedly offended though... I think it's a pattern that these ppl CANNOT be rehab'd - or maybe someone needs to look at the prison rehab program for SO's and say, listen, this just ain't working. It's not right to see if programs work by trial and error - releasing them back in to the population to see if they might re-offend!!! these are (for the most part) CHILDREN'S lives they are putting at risk!!! what will it take to get our govt officials to 1) acknowledge that we have a problem here and 2) really do something to fix it (I vote for castration, or automatic dp for SO of a minor...) but, that's just me.... in Bible days they used to stone them immediately... we could go back to that... it seemed to work for them....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm

They just released new details of Gardners prior arrest and the victims' statement - he is very violent - i can't believe he only served 5 yrs for this...

Gardner, of Lake Elsinore, pleaded guilty in May 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old female neighbor and was sentenced to six years in prison. Prosecutors say he lured the victim to his home with an offer to watch "Patch Adams," a 1998 movie starring Robin Williams. He assaulted the child at the house, punching her several times after she tried to stop him from pulling her pants down, The Los Angeles Times reported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The newspaper also reported the victim's statements in sentencing memorandum. Gardner "was suffocating me. He had his hand on my mouth, and I couldn't breathe, and I got pretty fuzzy after he hit me, and I'm not sure if I blacked out," the victim said.

Court documents showed Gardner served only five years in prison for the offense after prosecutors rejected a psychiatrist's advice to seek a stiffer punishment.

Prosecutors said in 2000 that Gardner's lack of a significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence for molesting the girl.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35663135/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Body of missing Calif. teen believed found
Registered sex offender in custody in death of Chelsea King

updated 2 hours, 30 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO - A body found in a shallow grave Tuesday is believed to be that of 17-year-old Chelsea King, whose disappearance led to the arrest of a registered sex offender, authorities said.

The remains were found buried in a park about 10 feet from the shoreline of Lake Hodges, San Diego County Sheriff William Gore said.

"Although positive identification has not been made, there is (a) strong likelihood that we have found Chelsea," he told reporters.

Gore said he had informed the teen's parents.

"Obviously they are devastated and I ask that you respect their privacy during this extremely difficult time," he said.

Police, meanwhile, said the registered sex offender suspected in King's disappearance likely assaulted a jogger in December in the same park.

The 22-year-old Colorado woman managed to fend off her attacker on Dec. 27 in Rancho Bernardo Community Park on the northern edge of San Diego, where King's 1994 BMW was found with her belongings inside, police Capt. Jim Collins said.

Police said evidence has linked 30-year-old John Albert Gardner III to both cases but further details have not been released.

Collins, however, said a swab taken from the elbow of the Colorado woman did not match Gardner's DNA.

Gardner is now in custody without bail for investigation of murder and rape in the King case.

Previous conviction

Gardner of Lake Elsinore pleaded guilty in May 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old female neighbor. Prosecutors said he lured the victim to his home with an offer to watch "Patch Adams," a 1998 movie starring Robin Williams

Chelsea King -- Found Deceased 3/2/10 -- UPDATE: John Albert Gardner III admits he murdered Chelsea Missing%20teen--352671889.small
ASSOCIATED PRESS
John Albert Gardner.

The girl was beaten before escaping and running to a neighbor.

Gardner served five years in prison after prosecutors rejected a psychiatrist's advice to seek stiffer punishment, court documents state.

Prosecutors said in 2000 that Gardner's lack of a significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence. They also said they wanted to "spare the victim the trauma of testifying."

Gardner had faced a maximum of nearly 11 years in prison under terms of his plea agreement. Prosecutors urged six years — the sentence later ordered by a judge.

In their 11-page sentencing memo, prosecutors said Gardner "never expressed one scintilla of remorse for his attack upon the victim" despite overwhelming evidence.

Psychiatrist Dr. Matthew Carroll wrote in sentencing documents, "There is no known treatment for an individual that sexually assaults girls and does not admit to it in any way."

Paul Pfingst, the San Diego County district attorney in 2000, said he had no memory of the case but added a six-year sentence was not unusual for someone with no significant prior criminal record.

The district attorney's office declined to comment or make available David Hendren, the prosecutor who handled the case.

State records showed Gardner was released from prison on Sept. 26, 2005 and was on parole for three years.

'We just had that feeling'

Chelsea King was described as a straight-A student at Poway High School, playing French horn for the San Diego Youth Symphony, competing on her school cross-country team and volunteering in a peer counseling program.

In an interview Monday with The Associated Press, the Kings, who also have a 13-year-old son, recounted learning Thursday that their daughter had disappeared.

Brent King had returned from the gym around 5:30 p.m., the same time his wife, Kelly, 48, got home with groceries. Chelsea, who always kept them advised of her whereabouts, wasn't home.

"Because it was so out of character for Chelsea not to tell us or call us and say I'm going to be late ... we just had that feeling," Brent King said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:44 pm

tish wrote:
Court documents showed Gardner served only five years in prison for the offense after prosecutors rejected a psychiatrist's advice to seek a stiffer punishment.

Prosecutors said in 2000 that Gardner's lack of a significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence for molesting the girl.

There is something so very wrong with this decision!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48 pm

So he was released in 2005. They can't be reformed! Do not release them! My instincts would lead me to believe there are other victims in these last 5 years. He decided to silence poor Chelsea.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

They did find a body, and think it is Chelsea....I read it at Marinade Dave's...In a shallow grave near the water...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:21 pm

So sad, senseless and cruel Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm

tish wrote:(I vote for castration, or automatic dp for SO of a minor...) but, that's just me.... in Bible days they used to stone them immediately... we could go back to that... it seemed to work for them....

I totally agree with you, tish!
pi-girl
pi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Julie wrote:
tish wrote:

There is something so very wrong with this decision!

Why ignore the medical advice of a professional? What made the prosecutors think they knew better than the psychiatrist? There is definitely something way wrong with the system. Mad
pi-girl
pi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Body Found in Shallow Grave Believed to be Chelsea King

KTLA News
8:46 p.m. EST, March 2, 2010

POWAY, Ca -- Sheriff's officials say they believe a body found near Lake Hodges Tuesday afternoon is that of missing 17-year old high school athlete Chelsea King.

Sheriff William Gore says the body was located in a shallow grave about 10 feet from the shoreline and about a half a mile from the parking lot.

"While the body has not been positively identified, there is a strong likelihood that we have found Chelsea," he told reporters.

Gore said he had informed the teen's parents.

"Obviously they are devastated and I ask that you respect their privacy during this extremely difficult time," he said.

The discovery brings to an end six days of searching by hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement personnel over fields, swamps and marshes around Lake Hodges.

King, 17, vanished after she went for a run last Thursday in San Diego's Rancho Bernardo Community Park.

DNA on a piece of King's clothing found near the lake led to the arrest Sunday of registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, according to law enforcement sources.

Gardner, who lists his residence as Lake Elsinore, frequently visits his mother's home in Rancho Bernardo.

He was arrested around 4:20 p.m. Sunday in front of a Mexican restaurant and bar called "Hernandez Hide-A-Way" in the small community of Del Dios, on the west shore of Lake Hodges, near Escondido.

Police say Gardner is refusing to cooperate with authorities.

He is being held without bail for investigation of murder and rape.

No criminal charges had been filed, but district attorney's spokesman Steve Walker said a decision would be made by Wednesday.

"This investigation is ongoing and specific criminal charges are still being determined," he said.

Police also suspect Gardener in an assault on a jogger in December in the same park.

The 22-year-old Colorado woman managed to fend off her attacker on Dec. 27 in Rancho Bernardo Community Park on the northern edge of San Diego, police Capt. Jim Collins said.

Candice Moncayo, a graduate student in Colorado Springs, was shown a mug shot of Gardner and confirmed it was the same man who attacked her in February, according to her sister.

Collins, however, said a swab taken from the elbow of the Colorado woman did not match Gardner's DNA.

Investigators are also looking into the possibility of a connection between Gardner and Amber Dubois, who disappeared while walking to Escondido High School on Feb. 13, 2009.

Amber was 14 at the time.

Gardner was required to register as a sex offender after being convicted 10 years ago of forcibly molesting a 13-year-old neighborhood girl.

He allegedly hit the girl in the head repeatedly before she managed to escape to a neighbor's house.

Gardner pleaded guilty in May 2000 to two counts of forcible lewd act on a child and false imprisonment.

He was sentenced to six years in prison. He served five years and was released in September 2005.

The San Diego Union Tribune is reporting that a psychiatrist urged a long sentence in the case because Gardner "would be a continued danger to underage girls in the community."

Prosecutors had initially charged Gardner with more-violent sex crimes in the case which could have resulted in a sentence of more than 30 years because the terms would have been served consecutively, the paper reported.

A plea deal allowed him to serve the sentences concurrently.

Gardner remained on parole until September 2008, and after that was required to register as a sex offender.

Family Website

Follow status of case on Facebook

http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/ktla-poway-missing,0,5054673.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I feel very bad for Chelsea's family and friends. We need to get these sexual deviants who keep raping and murdering our kids off the streets and keep them off. I think sentences for all sex crimes should at the very least be tripled with no chance of parole or early release.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 pm

i think it is round about time that judges/prosecutors face some accountability for the sentences they give these violent offenders.

this judge/prosecutor was given testimony from numerous professional sources that this man was DANGEROUS--the maximum sentence was advised, yet, he gave the minimum.

i think if the judges/prosecutors had accountability for their CLEAR lack of reason... there would be much less of this crap occurring!!

this is sheer negligence. and this beautiful young woman paid the ultimate price.

Last edited by randilynn on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 pm

This is awful news for her family. Our Justice System really needs to get with the times, and start cracking the whip when it comes to these types of crimes! They really need to get some stiffer penalties in the law books.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 pm

randilynn wrote:i think it is round about time that judges face some accountability for the sentences they give these violent offenders.

this judge was given testimony from numerous professional sources that this man was DANGEROUS--the maximum sentence was advised, yet, he gave the minimum.

i think if the judges had accountability for their CLEAR lack of reason... there would be much less of this crap occurring!!

this is sheer negligence. and this beautiful young woman paid the ultimate price.

Amen!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:29 am

There was a comment or two on the news stating that prosecutors wanted to spare the 13-year-old victim the trauma of testifying in the courtroom. Yeah! I understand that. How much hell is it for a minor to submit to cross-examination by the rapist's defense attorney? The trauma of sexual assaults are trauma enough, and the law forces these kids to take the stand and confront their attacker, and have to describe in exacting detail what was done to them. Trauma? You bet! There is sufficient evidence that many rapes go unreported and the rapists go free to prey again. Understandably, the victims either fear or are too shamed to face their attackers in a room full of people, not all of whom are compassionate. The defense attorney sure won’t be.
The solution to this is quite simple...allow the testimony of minors to be taped. Protecting the child rather than the criminal should be top priority. However, this is the land of the free, and free defense to help set you free.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 am

Nancy Graceless had one of the most disgusting shows tonight, playing off this tragedy and feigning innocence about scientific terms that she must have heard time and time again in her exploitation of breaking news.
She airs a call to a doctor in CA and asks what condition the body would be in. The doctor went on to explain, then said that the time of death could be determined by microorganisms and NG does her "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor - I'm a JD not an MD, explain". So the doctor explains explicitly, graphically as NG had requested, that it inclludes "deterioration of the body and what organisms, insects, bacteria are on the skin and growing in the body". Then NG appears shocked and says "When I think about the King family hearing this"... and takes a call from: Sheba in IL.
I forced myself to listen to her show tonight, knowing full well that she would "play dumb" and speak with her "experts" whom she could control and interrupt as often as she pleased. Her rants have become so predictable..and I wonder when the network will pull her plug.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:43 am

well, i had dvr'd ng like i do every night, but something went wrong and the whole program was just black - so now I count that a blessing... she just makes me so mad, i don't know why i continue to watch her... just to my blood boiling i guess...

Anyway, I'm saddened and yet relieved at the same time that Chelsea was found. I wanted to hope that she wasn't dead, but am relieved that we now have a body which I'm sure will offer more evidence against the perp. It's so difficult to try cases for the max sentence when there is no body...

I found this new quote in regards to Gardners first trial - "A psychiatrist who interviewed Gardner, Dr. Matthew Carroll, wanted a stiffer punishment, saying in court documents that he was a "continued danger to underage girls in the community." "

the more i read about what this psychiatrist had to say about Gardner, the more i realize the sheer miscarriage of justice that PERMITTED this man to continue ruining lives... why even ask the opinion of a professional psychiatrist when the judge or prosecutor will discard their advice???? Kudos to this psychiatrist for doing their job, and recognizing the danger, but the prosector AND judge in the previous case should be reprimanded - hopefully the voters in that area are paying close attn if either of these men are still seated....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35663135/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 am

Cali - I loved your description of NG's show, I could just see it the way you described it. Nothing on there has changed, has it? Now I remember why I don't rush to watch her anymore.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:08 pm

I agree Tish. Many of these tragedies could have been prevented if these sex offenders weren't given lenient sentences. The judge and prosecutor both made a grave mistake by not listening to the psychiatrist. I hope neither one of them are still seated.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 pm

i get the "protection" of the young victim in this case...

however, any trauma imposed by testifying, and seeing the perp again, could be helped by therapy that this child needs anyways.. what happened to chelsea king, cannot be undone.

i have also been on the camp wagon that the process of trial and testifying can be a part of healing... to know that you stood up, at such a young age and put the person responsible behind bars is a great step toward healing.

the way things stand, this first 13 yr old victims learns nothing out of this other that those put in power to protect us failed miserably. this man did what he did to her, and was allowed to turn around and do just that and worse to another young girl. ... to me, that seems more traumatizing that cross-examination.
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

imo, ng just compounds the issue when she insists on vividly describing every detail of what the perp did to this girl - that's worse than cross exam too if you ask me!! she should be reprimanded for what she did on national tv last night!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Outrage Growing over Repeat Sex Offenders

Known Predator John Gardner Charged with Killing Chelsea King; Experts Say Monitoring of Offenders Insufficient

March 3, 2010
By Ben Tracy

Watch CBS News Videos Online

(CBS) When 17-year-old Chelsea King went for a jog near her San Diego home last week, police say she ran into John Gardner, who they believe raped and murdered her before dumping her body nearby.

CBS News correspondent Ben Tracy reports Gardner, 30, is a known predator. In 2000, he pleaded guilty to molesting his 13-year-old neighbor. His psychiatrist said he was "a continued danger to underage girls in the community" and recommended a 30-year sentence.

However, prosecutors made a plea deal so the victim didn't have to testify. Gardner served just five years.

Sex Offender Charged in Teen Killing

He did wear a GPS monitoring device until 2008, but since then investigators think he may be involved in the disappearance of a 14-year-old girl last year and may have attacked a 22-year-old woman in December. Convicted sex offender Jake Goldenflame says without therapy, prison terms are useless.

"It's wishful thinking to believe that simply by locking someone up for a number of years that's going to magically transform him when he comes out," Goldenflame said.

Experts say there are not enough parole officers to monitor the more than 700,000 registered sex offenders in the United States. At least 100,000 may not even be living where they say they are.

"The sex offender registry provides this false sense of security we are monitoring and doing something with the sex offenders out there," said Robin Sax, a former Los Angeles county prosecutor.

And monitoring doesn't always work. Even with home inspections, Phillip Garrido was still able to hide Jaycee Dugard in his backyard for 18 years. Last November in Cleveland, 11 bodies were found in the house of another registered sex offender being monitored by police.

If convicted, John Gardner will now spend the rest of his life behind bars -- but some say if the system were tougher he'd already be there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/03/eveningnews/main6264100.shtml
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm glad to see that outrage over these repeat sex offenders not being monitored properly and being free to roam the streets is growing. Many of us on this site have expressed this outrage many times since the story of convicted sex offenders murdering women and children repeats itself over and over again. Even People had an article about the justice system failing Chelsea. I hope lawmakers hear our pleas and pass tougher laws against sex offenders immediately.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Experts say there are not enough parole officers to monitor the more than 700,000 registered sex offenders in the United States. At least 100,000 may not even be living where they say they are.
"The sex offender registry provides this false sense of security we are monitoring and doing something with the sex offenders out there," said Robin Sax, a former Los Angeles county prosecutor.

700,000 registered sex offenders.
Not to mention those who are yet to be caught.
700,000! That is huge. I am speechless.
pi-girl
pi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 pm

pi-girl wrote:
Justice4all wrote:

700,000 registered sex offenders.
Not to mention those who are yet to be caught.
700,000! That is huge. I am speechless.

And not to mention those who are NOT registered!!!!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 am

I did appreciate Marc Klaas last night pointing out that the govt is leaving citizens NO CHOICE but vigilante justice in an effort to protect our families - that's exactly what this is coming to if they don't get a handle on the situation.... He mentioned that Amber Dubois' family and friends of the family actually staked out Gardner because they were so convinced that he was the perp in that case - and as it turns out, they were probably right. Either Gardner or his mother lived less than a mile from where Amber was taken... and THAT is the scary part to me - alot of these perps will attack not from their own homebase, but from their parents home - so therefore, THAT address wouldn't belong to a SO, but to their family - how are we going to be able to track that??? There is a SO's family that lives on my street - the SO doesn't live there, but he comes to visit his parents, they have graciously told me about it - so I can be alert when I see his vehicle there at his parents, but not all family members are so open. I would say that more often, they will hide the fact that their son is a SO rather than warn their neighbors... so while registering the SO at his residence is necessary, i just want to point out that it will not fix the problem...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 am

It's interesting to know that the Dubois family and friends had staked Gardner out. I'd say their instincts were probably right. How many other lives has he destroyed?
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Sex offender laws didn't protect Chelsea King

Suspect in murder complied with Megan's Law requirments

By Kristina Lee FOX 5 San Diego Staff
8:13 AM PST, March 4, 2010

SAN DIEGO - A sex offender who registered his addresses in compliance with Megan's Law is accused of murdering Poway High senior Chelsea King, bringing into question the effectiveness of recent laws meant to control convicted sex predators.

According to public records, Gardner was convicted of assaulting and molesting a girl in 2000. He was sentenced to six years in prison and served five before he was released in September 2005. He was on probation until 2008.

Read more: http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-sex-offender-law,0,2422495.story

Last edited by Justice4all on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Raw video: Suspect John Albert Gardner III Pleads Not Guilty

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Cali wrote:Nancy Graceless had one of the most disgusting shows tonight, playing off this tragedy and feigning innocence about scientific terms that she must have heard time and time again in her exploitation of breaking news.
She airs a call to a doctor in CA and asks what condition the body would be in. The doctor went on to explain, then said that the time of death could be determined by microorganisms and NG does her "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor - I'm a JD not an MD, explain". So the doctor explains explicitly, graphically as NG had requested, that it inclludes "deterioration of the body and what organisms, insects, bacteria are on the skin and growing in the body". Then NG appears shocked and says "When I think about the King family hearing this"... and takes a call from: Sheba in IL.
I forced myself to listen to her show tonight, knowing full well that she would "play dumb" and speak with her "experts" whom she could control and interrupt as often as she pleased. Her rants have become so predictable..and I wonder when the network will pull her plug.

-------------------------

Cali,

I have been too angry to write on this till today.. The other day, while talking on the Chelsea King case, she esposed a prior victim of Gardner.. A 13 yr old girl who was so violated it is hard to have heard whatr she wendured.. Thanks to NG every knows what that PIG did to her.. every explicit detail... Thank you for pointiing out what kind of level the likes of NG has stooped to this time. I was almost throwing things at her thru the TV.. I cudnt believe that she had that heinous detailed account of hwat he did to a 13 yr old girl, up on her screen in bold letters, and then when her producer took it down, NG actualy interrupted her guest to order Elizabeth to put it bak up....

Who does she think she is ?? How dare she violate that poor victim anymore than she aready is... How dare she exploit her traumatic assault?

I wrote Marc Klaas to advise him, and also CNN. She needs to be stopped.... I wondeer howmany innocent ppls lives she has rruined.... There are already enough victims of crime out there, that we dont need her adding insult to injury...

She is supposd to be an advocate???? She just victimized that girl who has prolly tried very hard to get past the brutal assault... If ppl cant see her as a sensationalistic monster, who only cares about how fat her paycheck is, maybe you need to this show in particular..

She shud be taken off her throne.. Her show is great but needs a gneuine host who cares about the ppl and not the money.. I suggested to Marc Klaas, that he should take over that show..

How dare she!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 am

She dares because the ratings are still high enough to allow her to continue with the sham. Some people still "believe" that NG is an "expert" and that she is trying to help victims of crime. Some people still believe it if they see it in the news or read it in print. She appeals to many women who won't dare speak of what she discusses on her show. I think NG appeals to a lot of prudes - people with blinders over their eyes and blocked senses when something bad happens but they do get some sort of high on the gory details.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Chelsea King's Father: 'Justice System Failed' to Protect Daughter

Family of Killed High School Student Consoled by Friends and Community

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN
March 5, 2010

The criminal justice system failed to protect Chelsea King from being raped and murdered last week, when it allowed a convicted sex offender out of jail early and inadequately monitored him, her distraught father said today.

"It let our daughter down," Brent King said of the criminal justice system. "It let every child in this country down terribly. There's no doubt."

King and his wife Kelly were in the courtroom Wednesday when John Albert Gardner III pleaded not guilty to charges of raping and murdering 17-year-old Chelsea.

Gardner is a convicted sex offender who spent five years in prison for molesting a 13-year-old girl in 2000. When he was let out of prison early in 2005, one prison psychiatrist argued that Gardner should not be released, stating that he would continue to be a threat to girls and showed no remorse.

Chelsea's body was discovered Tuesday in a shallow grave near Lake Hodges, in the marshy park north of San Diego where she disappeared while running on Feb. 25. Gardner was arrested the following Monday, March 1.

Police now believe Gardner may be involved in a string of attempted abductions, and perhaps one other murder, going back at least a year ago.

"We want to assure that kids can be kids and be safe, and predators shouldn't be allowed to be within reach. They shouldn't be allowed to," King said during an appearance on the "Today" show.

King said the family had been embraced and buoyed by their community. Thursday was the first time the family left their home to get dinner together since Chelsea disappeared, choosing their 13-year-old son's favorite burrito shop.

"Everybody in the burrito shop pretty much came up and just gave us hugs and let us know that their prayers are with us, and that helps tremendously," King said.

Chelsea King's Friends Visiting Her Family

Chelsea's friends too have been visiting and supporting the family.

"To be able to wrap our arms around these kids, they're like our own children as well, and they're such a huge part of Chelsea's life and such a huge part of the joy that she found in every day," he said. "It's a gift, and I don't ever want to lose touch with any of these kids. They're very, very special and we love them dearly."

On Thursday police in Lake Elsinore said they were contacted by a 16-year-old girl who said she recognized Gardner as the man who tried to abduct her in October 2009. At the time the girl gave a description of a man fitting Gardner's description who approached her in his car as she was walking to a friend's house early in the morning. The man pointed a gun and demanded she get in his car, but the girl ran away.

Police had already connected Gardner to an attack on 23-year-old graduate student Candice Moncayo in December 2009 on the same jogging trail where Chelsea King died, and believe he could be responsible for the disappearance of Amber Dubois, 14, who vanished while on her way to school in Escondido in February 2009.

Moncayo reported being attacked on the same jogging path in the same park north of San Diego in which King went missing.

"I thought he was going to rape me," Moncayo said of the overweight man who tackled her. "So I told him he would have to kill me first."

Gardner is 6 foot 2 and weighs 230 pounds.

Moncayo elbowed her attacker in the face and was able to flee. She also contacted police about recognizing Gardner after his picture was flashed across the country following his arrest.

The family of Amber Dubois, who has never been found, also believes that Gardner, a sometimes self-employed electrician, is responsible for the girl's disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/chelsea-kings-father-justice-system-failed-protect-daughter/story?id=10019280
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 pm

NBCSanDiego.com Map of Key Locations in the Chelsea King Case

View The Chelsea King case in a larger map
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Maybe NOW they will put this guy back in prison and keep him where he belongs....... better yet... give him the death penalty.....

I've always supported the DP, but I've truly lost my patience on hearing this kind of crap. Do to him exactly what he did to his victims!!!

I'm sorry.... I'm just ANGRY!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm very angry Snaz. It's too bad that two teenagers had to lose their lives for this guy to be put back in prison where he still should have been for his previous crimes.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Judge issues gag order in Calif. teen murder case

By AP News
Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A convicted sex offender charged with murdering one teen and suspected in the death of another appeared in court Tuesday as a judge issued a gag order and delayed a key hearing in the case.

Defendant John Albert Gardner III spoke only to acknowledge that he waived his right to speedy proceedings.

Superior Court Judge David J. Danielsen rescheduled the preliminary hearing from March 18 to Aug. 4. The hearing is meant to show if there is enough evidence to send Gardner to trial.

The defense sought a September date, and the prosecution wanted the hearing by July.

Danielson also issued a gag order on parties in the proceedings.

Gardner has pleaded not guilty to murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King. She vanished Feb. 25 and her presumed body was found March 2 in a grave in a park north of San Diego.

The case against Gardner also alleges he raped or tried to rape King.

Public defender Michael Popkins, who represents Gardner, declined to comment after the hearing.

Gardner is also under investigation in the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, whose remains were found Saturday 10 miles from the site where King disappeared.

At a Monday night vigil, the father of Dubois, whose bones were found more than a year after she vanished walking to school, urged supporters to behave like his late daughter's favorite animal, the wolf, to hunt down child predators.

"Wolves hunt to survive, wolves hunt together to catch their prey," Maurice Dubois told more than 1,000 mourners at the candlelight vigil. "We as parents and the community need to make a change for the protection of our children."

Mourners held a moment of silence for Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.

Escondido police say Gardner, 30, is also a focus of their investigation into Amber's death.

Carrie McGonigle, Amber's mother, said laws need to be changed.

"I still see a lot of children walking by themselves and it scares me," she said on a chilly night in the courtyard of Escondido High School, near the spot where Amber disappeared Feb. 13, 2009.

Police said Amber's remains were identified through dental records. They have not said what led them to the remote area near Pala because the discovery is part of a murder investigation.

Dubois noted in his remarks that rumors his daughter was a runaway hampered the family's efforts to bring national media attention to their search. Gardner's arrest three days after Chelsea King disappeared renewed interest in Amber.

Kelly Elsbernd, a cousin, said she and Amber grew up drawing animals together and pretending to be seals and otters when they went swimming.

"They never really played with dolls," said Nicole Elsbernd, Kelly's mother. "They played with bugs."

Jade Fidel, Amber's best friend, said Amber had two dogs, a cat and a bird, but wolves were her favorite.

"She liked them," Fidel said. "They were free, independent."

Gardner was registered as a sex offender in Escondido from January 2008 to January 2010, with some gaps, according to police. He served five years of a six-year prison term for molesting a 13-year-old neighbor in San Diego in 2000 and completed parole in September 2008.

http://www.710knus.com/article.aspx?id=8d7ff340-55aa-4cf7-a239-fce628bd607c
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:41 pm

it pains me to think that this is going to drag on forever....

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Superior Court Judge David J. Danielsen rescheduled the preliminary hearing from March 18 to Aug. 4. The hearing is meant to show if there is enough evidence to send Gardner to trial.
We already know there is enough evidence to send him to trial based on the fact that his DNA was found on Chelsea's clothing. Why is a five month delay necessary for the preliminary hearing? Give me a break.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 am

I was going to say this earlier - but this is one prime example of how our justice system needs to be "updated" - when there is a case like this where we have clear DNA evidence linking him to Chelsea's murder, I find it unnecessary to waste tax-payer money on a long drawn out trial... We KNOW at the very least, he raped her - and are we supposed to believe that he left her there and somone else happened by to finish her off?? NO!!! so, our justice system needs to keep up with the times here - when there's DNA evidence, I think it needs to be put on the fast track... JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Tish...I think a lot of it stems from the fact that he pled Not Guilty....despite the fact that there was his DNA....He could always say it was consentual sex, and she was of the age of consent...he could say that he had known her for sometime and they had a "thingy" that just got out of hand....He didn't mean to kill her....There are several scenarios but none the less he was a pervert and more than likely the trial will not go as he wishes...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Gardner violated parole seven times after attacking 13-year-old girl

Friday, March 12th, 2010

SAN DIEGO - Registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III, who is accused of raping and murdering Poway teen Chelsea King, racked up seven violations during the three years that he served on parole for attacking a 13-year-old girl in 2000, it was reported today.

The assistant secretary of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Thursday that Gardner's trouble with parole agents never warranted his being sent back to prison, but that official's boss later issued

a statement saying the case was being reviewed, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner's most serious violation while on parole was in September 2007, when he lived in an apartment adjacent to Miramar College and its day-care center, according to the newspaper. The residence was also within 500 yards of

Scripps Ranch High School and Hourglass Field Community Park.

Gardner had a low battery in his GPS tracking device on four occasions, he missed a parole meeting one time and he once faced an allegation of possession of marijuana, the Union-Tribune reported.

Gardner, who is now 30, served five years of a six-year prison sentence for attacking a 13-year-old neighbor girl in his mother's Rancho Bernardo townhouse in 2000.

The District Attorney's Office made a plea deal with Gardner to spare the victim from testifying at trial despite a psychiatrist's report that Gardner showed no remorse and should get the maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

"He is simply a bad guy who is inordinately interested in young girls. ...He manifests significant predatory traits and is a danger to the community," Dr. Matthew Carroll wrote in his report.

Gardner was registered as a sex offender in Lake Elsinore but was staying with his mother in her townhouse when he was arrested in Chelsea's death Feb. 28. The townhouse is about a mile from Rancho Bernardo Community Park, where Chelsea's car was found Feb. 25.

Chelsea, a runner and musician at Poway High, parked her car there before going for an after-school training run alongside Lake Hodges. Her disappearance spurred a massive search effort by thousands of volunteers and several law enforcement agencies. Law enforcement found her body March 2 on the water's edge.

In addition to Chelsea's death, Gardner is charged with attacking a young female jogger in the same area in late December. In that case, the jogger elbowed her attacker and ran away.

Gardner is also a focal point of the investigation into the February 2009 slaying of Amber Dubois, according to Escondido police. The Escondido teen was 14 when she disappeared while walking to school. Her body was found earlier this month.

Escondido police said someone compelled by Chelsea's death came forward with a tip that led to the discovery of Amber's body in the Pala area.

Gardner could face the death penalty if convicted of Chelsea's death. A preliminary hearing is set for Aug. 4.

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/46175/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Schwarzenegger orders review of sex offender case

By DON THOMPSON
Associated Press Writer
Published: Friday, Mar. 12, 2010 - 4:49 pm

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered a review Friday of the way the state handled a molestation case involving a man who is now charged with murdering one California teenager and under investigation in another killing.

The order came a day after The Associated Press disclosed John Albert Gardner III could have been sent back to prison in 2007 for parole violations and evaluated for possible commitment to a state mental hospital as a sexually violent predator.

"We must learn from what happened in this case to make sure the public is protected from sexual predators," Schwarzenegger said in a statement detailing his order to the state Sex Offender Management Board.

Gardner, 30, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King in San Diego County. He also is a suspect but has not been charged in the killing of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, who disappeared as she walked to school in Escondido in early 2009.

The 17-member board includes law enforcement officials, crime victims, treatment experts and others who advise the governor and Legislature on sex offender policies.

Gardner pleaded guilty in 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old neighbor. He spent five years in prison and three years on parole before being released from supervision in September 2008.

Parole records independently obtained by the AP showed Gardner could have been sent back to prison in 2007 and 2008 for violations that included living too close to a college daycare center.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has said it was trying to determine if actions regarding Gardner's parole were consistent with policy and law.

"We are taking every appropriate step to review these case factors to determine if these potential infractions warranted a return to prison on their merits," Corrections Secretary Matthew Cate said in a statement.

Oscar Hidalgo, spokesman for the department, previously said Gardner was considered to be a low- or moderate-risk sex offender, based on the assessment in use at the time.

He wasn't sent back to prison in September 2007 because he corrected the residency violation by moving away from the daycare center, Hidalgo said.

Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, R-San Diego, called for an investigation of the department and intends to hold public hearings before proposing legislation to increase penalties and oversight of sex offenders.

Assemblyman Pedro Nava, D-Santa Barbara, said he would amend one of his existing bills now in the state Senate to increase the penalty for a first offense of raping a minor to a mandatory 25 years to life in prison.

The current punishment is 15 years to life and also depends on the age of the victim. Nava is a former prosecutor who is running for attorney general.

Nava's bill also proposes creating a system to call the cell phones of residents in a specific area letting them know when a sex crime has been committed in their neighborhood.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/12/2603658/schwarzenegger-orders-review-of.html#mi_rss=AP%20State%20News
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 am

Thousands expected to mourn death of SoCal teen

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Students have wrapped ribbons around 8,000 sunflowers to hand out at a memorial service for Chelsea King, the 17-year-old girl whose murder has shaken her community and spurred calls for legal changes in how child sex offenders are treated.

"A lot of people are getting ready to bring closure to it," said Evan Shirley, 17, a friend of Chelsea's. "I hope to see everyone come out to support the family and honor their friend in whatever way they see fit."

The service Saturday comes 11 days after Chelsea's body was discovered in a shallow, lakeside grave near Lake Hodges, ending a massive five-day search. Organizers were issuing passes to limit seating at Poway High School stadium, which holds about 6,000 people.

Chelsea was a straight-A student ran on the cross-country team, played French horn in the San Diego Youth Symphony and was active in her school's peer counseling program. She was a tireless volunteer in school and community activities, whether working at a prom for special education students or packaging food for needy families in Africa.

She had applied to 11 colleges and aspired to a career that would combine her interests in writing and the environment.

Chelsea was last seen Feb. 25 wearing running clothes in Rancho Bernardo Park in San Diego, where her car was found locked with her belongings inside.

John Gardner, 30, was arrested three days later and pleaded not guilty to the murder and to the attempted rape of another woman in December. He also is a suspect but has not been charged in the killing of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, who disappeared as she walked to school in nearby Escondido in early 2009.

Gardner served five years of a six-year sentence for molesting a 13-year-old neighbor in 2000 to molesting a 13-year-old neighbor. He was on parole for three years, until September 2008.

On Friday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger ordered a review of the way the state handled the 2000 case.

http://townhall.com/news/us/2010/03/13/thousands_expected_to_mourn_death_of_socal_teen
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next