Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bio Dad is a Convicted SO

+3
AlexisGormanFather
Piper
Julie
7 posters

Go down

Bio Dad is a Convicted SO Empty Bio Dad is a Convicted SO

Post by Julie Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Marinade Dave's has an interesting thread today, here is just part of it.

The Irony

Before Sparkle was in her grave, her old boyfriend, Richard Andrew Gorman, Jr., swept into town and plucked little Alexis from the grasp of her grandparents and took her back to Pennsylvania. Yes, he is her natural father. Yes, he had every right to do that. She was gone before the funeral service. How cold, you might say, but perfectly legal because Gorman is closer to her than any living relative. As much as her maternal grandparents wanted to keep her, they have no rights. However, that doesn’t mean they are going to accept the situation. They plan on battling Gorman for custody rights.
“I’m going to fight him every day, and he’s going to know that the law is on Lexi’s side,” her grandfather, Kenneth Bacchus, said.

Why? You see, Richard Gorman is a convicted felon, but believe it or not, his conviction has no bearing on his fitness as a father and the only way Lexi’s grandparents would be able to get custody of the girl is if authorities could prove he is abusing or neglecting her. That will be tough to do since she now lives far away. Unfortunately, there’s one more thing I need to tell you about
Gorman. He is a convicted sex offender. I think it’s very important that all of you know this. Perhaps, it will give you a better grasp of the law in Florida, because, like I’ve been saying all along, the law is very clear: grandparents have no rights in this state.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/the-irony/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Bio Dad is a Convicted SO Empty Re: Bio Dad is a Convicted SO

Post by Julie Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Here's a little more info.

Letter From Richard Andrew Gorman To Eric Rasmussen

Posted: 4:50 pm EST February 18,2010

Dear Eric,

It is never a good idea to disparage a deceased person. I have no desire to disparage sparkle bacchus or her family. A horrible tragedy has occurred and my focus is on comforting my daughter alexis. I would ask you to not do a story because it can only be harmful to Alexis and reflect negatively on the bacchus family with verifiable videos, court files, and facts.

1. Why is your daughter not being allowed to attend her mother's funeral today.

Alexis is allowed to attend the funeral however I received a phone call from my attorney Mitchell Krause advising me that the maternal grandparents did not want her there. We had simply requested that they help us with the cost of a plane ticket, assure us in a written affidavit that they would not disparage myself or my family, and start working with us on some issues that were in the best interest of Alexis Gorman; they in turn refused.

2. Do you have any intention of allowing the paternal grandparents a chance to see her?

Yes. Sparkle's last words to me were happy valentines day. Despite our differences in parenting, we loved each other and had developed a great relationship as parents. I am going to miss her very much and even though Florida law has it that Grandparents have no rights, I am going to make sure that Alexis is a big part of her grandparents lives. Sparkle and I brought Alexis into this world out of love and I know she is looking down from heaven right now watching us. We love you and miss you so much Sparkle.

3. Can you give me any context/background about your conviction in Florida and for how long you must be registered as a "sex offender?"

A few weeks after my 21st birthday at FSU I was accused of a she said he said. After the alleged victim was caught committing perjury in a deposition, I was offered a 12 month probation plea bargain which I did not accept. The prosecutor, Matthew Alexander Smith, received a reprimand from the florida bar calling his prosecution of me "A Win At All Costs" prosecution that "flew in the face of justice." Additionally, the jury's verdict of guilt was set aside by the judge in the case and they entered a new judgement that fell way below the guidelines in lieu of my waver of an appeal. It is to my understanding that the courts were afraid that my conviction would have been immediately overturned on an appeal. An expose on the malicious prosecution was written by Kathleen Parker and is online at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/05/sex_lies_and_prison.html. Since then I have graduated cum laude from Ohio University with a degree in business law and economics. I am now working on a master of liberal arts degree at Harvard University. This is my second semester. I am also very active in the church and work hard. I live a life of undivided integrity and will do the right things by Alexis Gorman. She will be a big part of her grandparents and sister's lives.

God bless you Sparkle, we all love you so much. Richard Gorman

http://www.wftv.com/news/22604355/detail.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:18 pm

I would hate to be put in the grandparent's situation. If you read his letter, he sounds sincere and believable.

Did you see the comment from apparently one of Sparkle's relatives?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I copied this comment about Gorman's letter from the WFTV letter link above:

I can not help but laugh at the ignorance of this letter. Rich is a compulsive LIAR. If his intentions are to allow Sparkle's family to still be apart of Alexis's life, why then did he change his phone number without notifying anyone? Why can't we get ahold of him to speak to her? Why won't he answer the written letters and emails sent to him? The only reason Rich wrote this letter is to look innocent and try to clear his name, but the people involved know the truth. Rich has not allowed a single person from Sparkle's family talk to Alexis or see Alexis since the Funeral of Sparkle Pomeroy. He writes this stuff so that the media thinks he is a good guy, when in turn he is full of hatred and jealousy of the life Sparkle loved. He wanted desperately to be the apple of Sparkle's eye, and it drove him crazy that she wanted nothing to do with him and this infuriated him. Now, Rich's only intention is to "get back" at Sparkle and her family by keeping Alexis from the people who she loves and who loves her. Richard Andrew Gorman was in PRISON for the 4 years of Lexi's life until September 2009. Alexis has hardley been around Rich and barely knows him. She was comfortable in the life she lived here with her mommy, step father, step brother, and grand parents which makes Rich jealous. He is not concerned with the well being of his daughter. He is concerned with revenge and hurting the people in Sparkle's life because he can not get back at Sparkle herself. It sickens me to think that Lexi will now grow up in the custody of a man CONVICTED of rape and who only thinks of himself at a time like this. The family pleaded with Rich to let Alexis stay for the funeral. They begged and promised, but he made up lies to look innocent. Please tell me, WHY would Sparkle's family say they did not want Alexis there? It makes no sense. and another question, why would Rich even ask for help paying for a plane ticket?? The family was already having to pay for so much to get the funeral and burial arranged. Once again, Rich was thinking of himself. The family never talked about Rich or his family in a negative way during the week of Sparkles death and funeral. All that was said was that they would fight to see their grand daughter and that hopefully the law will be on Lexi's side. They wouldnt have to say that if Rich had a heart and was cooperative in letting them atleast have a proper goodbye. Sparkles parents didnt even get to say GOOD BYE to their grand daughter. No last hug or kiss, nothing. She was ripped away from her home and the people she knew, to live with someone with morals like that? So sad. Sparkle is not looking down and smiling at you Rich, she is crying. She wants Alexis to know her Grandparents and the people who love her and have the best interest for HER! It's sad that you are so twisted in your own head that you THINK what you do is "right". If you ever loved sparkle or your daughter you would do what you KNOW is right and let the family be apart of her life. You woudnt be so selfish.

Mar. 1, 2010 5:56pm EST | from Sparkx0

Last edited by Piper on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 pm

I copied the comment from the website because it was the exact opposite of what Gorman wrote in his letter. He's claiming how fair he is, he promised Lexi's grandparents they'd have visits, etc. He totally played down his SO status. Then here's the other side of the story, from Sparkles family's side. It sounds to me like he truly wants to wipe her family out of the picture.

Last edited by Piper on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Bio Dad is a Convicted SO Empty Bacchus Family Violence -

Post by AlexisGormanFather Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:22 am

javascript:emoticonp('newspaper') Alexis Gorman is doing great. She is enrolled in the best school in the country, surrounded by family, and with her father whom she loves dearly.

Last edited by AlexisGormanFather on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better details)

AlexisGormanFather

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

His letter does sound sincere. What he says about his lawyer, etc. is more than believable. I don't know if the above post is truly the father but if it is, I welcome you to the site and ask for more of YOUR version.

You see, I am a person that likes to give the benifit of doubt and would rather hear both sides, to make my own decision on things. I think I am a "fair" person. I KNOW, all to well, that the LAW is NOT always correct. I KNOW how someone can be....(I'll put it nicely) railroaded by LE.

I can also see how the other side of the family would want to use something like this against the father, in order to try to gain a piece of her mother...meaning Alexis.

I'll reserve more thoughts on this case, after looking into it more. Very Happy
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkx0 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Come on guys... use your thinker...

If Rich was being supportive of Sparkle's family and allowing them to be apart of Lexi's life, then there would be no reason for the family members to be upset with him or have to try and fight for rights to see their grand daughter... If Rich was being the "oh so sensitive" guy he claims to be.. then he would have never changed his number, he would call and let alexis talk to her family... and the family would not be so angry with him for cutting them out of her life completely.

Put yourself in Sparkle's families shoes... Say you lost your 26 year old daughter... and her ex boyfriend who just got out of prision for rape contacts you mere hours after her death and demands his daughter immediately, then puts her on a plane a day before her mothers funeral... and then "says" he asked the family for help in a plane ticket...(which, she was already in fla.... if he would have just let her stay until friday, she would have only needed one plane ticket... not three)... then cut off all means of communication with Sparkle's family.. and thinks this is "good" for his daughter...

I am TERRIFIED for Lexi's sake. How could a man take this precious, innocent 4 year old girl out of the comfort of her home, throw her into a world she's never known and force her to not see, talk to, or speak of her mother's family in FL. How AWFUL!

All I want to know is WHY?? Why keep her away from her family? Sparkle would have NEVER wanted this.... If Rich had any remorse for Sparkle or her Family he would not be hurting the family the way he is. This is an evil man. And this evil man is capable of brainwashing this little girl forever.

What has this world come to?

PLEASE PRAY FOR ALEXIS AND SPARKLE'S FAMILY. PRAY THAT SOMEHOW, SOMEDAY, WE WILL GET TO SEE OUR LITTLE PRINCESS AGAIN. Sad

Sparkx0

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I will pray for Alexis and Sparkle's family. I don't think anybody is taking sides here, but we are willing to listen to both sides of the story.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkx0 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

If anyone knows any way, any law, anything possible to help the family get rights to see Alexis, please let me know. I am dying inside with out her. please help!

Sparkx0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:52 pm

How sad.... Sad

Fysty~Is that really him posting? I have a hard time with him taking her when he did. Obviously he has rights. What's the hurry? Was the family talking to an attorney? If they or Sparkle were so worried about Alexis spending time with him, why not have his rights taken? I have read several posts from both sides (if they are who they say they are) and the father has tried IMO to not throw mud. On the contrary Sparkles family continue to call him a SO. Even if that is true why not rise above it to show the public that Alexis' safety and security is the most important thing. I understand that he is in the drivers seat and has the luxury of control but it seems to me that he would say more negative things if he was so bad. I dunno. Anymore family memebers want to address these issues? Why didn't she keep him from her daughter? Did she(Sparkle) believe he raped that girl. The woman he was accused of raping has made false reports in the past and lied about him dragging her into his apartment. It's all so confusing. Has he had unsupervised visits in the past? If so, why shouldn't she live with her dad? I hope she is getting counseling, even if she misses her family she belongs with her surviving parent unless there are GOOD reasons for her not to be. I can't imagine how I would feel in this situation. Asking for the grandparents to pay airfare is odd though. I don't know if I would even think of something like that. hmmm

I'm praying for all of the people who love Alexis and Sparkle. May the good Lord guide you to a happy ending. My sincere condolences for your loss.

Fysty~I didn't see the part where you said you didn't know if it was him. I hope he takes you up on the offer. Is there an email? Can you ask? LOL I'm not just nosy. I feel bad for ALL of them.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkx0 Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

It is not that we think Rich is a bad father. We know he loves Alexis and cares about her. But what is upsetting is that he does not care to let Sparkles family see Alexis. His rights as a father were not previously taken because Sparkle never thought Rich would be a bad father... And she also never thought that if she were to pass away, that Rich would keep Lexi away from her family.

No one knows if Rich really raped that girl or not, but what does matter is he was in prison for 4 years. The whole 4 years of his daughters life. Anyone coming out of prison for that long should be evaluated mentally before they are given sole custody of a child. A lot of things go on in prison which can change a person, whether it be for good or bad, that should be looked at.

I am not saying Rich is a bad father... I just want him to know how deeply he is hurting Sparkle's family by keeping Alexis away from us. Our intentions are NOT to take Alexis away from him. All we want is to SEE her, HEAR her. Have visitation Rights. I absolutely agree that Rich should get some kind of custody of his daughter, but only after an evaluation. And he should allow visitation with Sparkles family given the situation. Alexis lived in FLORIDA with her mother and grand parents. Rich moved to Pennsylvania after his release. There is no reason why Rich will not let the family fly up to visit or let her fly down to see us.

Basically, Rich knows he is in control. And he is using his daughter as property instead of the little human being that she is. This is his way of showing sparkles family that he will have the last laugh. Its all about revenge to him. There is no reason why he should will not let Alexis see Sparkles family. We all love her and care for her and have the best interests for HER. All of this would stop and everyone would be peaceful if he would just let us talk to her or see her. But he wants her to forget about us completely. Its absolutely Heartbreaking.

Trust me, I WISH i didnt sit on these websites everyday hoping and praying that maybe one day he will read what I write and feel some sort of emotion. I pray that he will realize how hurt we are from loosing Sparkle and then loosing her Daughter. I hope and pray that his heart will soften and he will give in to letting us have a relationship with her. I Want all of this to stop. It's not fair. I dont understand how the Florida law could let this happen. Grandparents are STILL BLOOD relatives! Sad

Sparkx0

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Sparkx0...I am wondering if you can't seek visitation in PA? Since PA is NOW where the child resides, they would be the logical Juristiction over her well being. Please check Pa laws & see if there is anything you can do there. I'm not a lawyer but here is something I found...
http://www.divorcenet.com/states/pennsylvania/pennsylvania_child_custody_grandparents

Grandparents' Custody Rights in Pennsylvania

Currently, Pennsylvania recognizes the rights of grandparents to seek visitation, partial physical custody, or primary physical custody of their minor grandchildren. The grandparents must prove that the requested custody would be in the best interests of the minor child or children and would not interfere with the relationship between the parent and child.

One of the most recent cases involving grandparents' rights evolved through the Armstrong County courts. In the case of K.B., II, K.B. and B.B. v. C.B.F., the Armstrong County trial court judge awarded primary physical custody of a minor child to his paternal grandparents even though the trial judge found the child's mother to be fit. Attorney Vari was hired to represent the mother to file an appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. In the Superior Court, Attorney Vari argued that only if a parent is declared unfit should grandparents have the right to seek primary physical custody of their minor grandchildren. While Attorney Vari was successful in having the minor child returned to the custody of his mother, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania held that grandparents have the right to sue parents for primary physical custody of their grandchildren even if the parents are deemed to be fit parents. On January 2, 2004, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court agreed to review the Superior Court's ruling on the K.B., II, K.B. and B.B. v. C.B.F. case.

After the United States Supreme Court case of Troxel v. Granville was decided, some parents have argued that it is unconstitutional for a state court to award even partial custody or visitation to grandparents if the parent disagrees with the grandparents' request for partial custody or visitation. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has not yet decided whether Pennsylvania's grandparent visitation statutes are constitutional in light of the Troxel case although there are recent Superior Court opinions finding the statutes constitutional.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Here are a couple of other links as well...

http://www.macelree.com/resources/famlaw_grandparents.html

http://www.lasp.org/file/grandparents-rights-in-pennsylvania.pdf

http://www.grandparents.com/gp/content/expert-advice/legal/article/dograndparentshavetherightstheyshould.html
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkx0 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Fysty, Thank you SO very much! I truly appreciate it!

Sparkx0

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Sparkxo, I hope you find the best solution for everyone involved. A child can never have too many people to love them. I wish only the best for the family and Alexis. I'm sorry for your loss. And Alexis' loss of her mother.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down