Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview

Go down

William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview Empty William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview

Post by FystyAngel Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:37 pm

William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview
As most people know, the one time Haleigh Cummings case investigator has accepted a plea deal in the charges against him concerning his apprehension of registered sex offender Daniel Snodgrass.

It is fair to say that neither Putnam County nor Cobra wanted this case to get in front of a jury. There was way too much dirty laundry that could be exposed. Putnam had a real problem in making the felony charges stick (read the deposition) and Assistant County Attorney Boatwright clearly did not understand the Florida Statute involved.

But there were other forces at work as well. Several people had a vested interest in putting a muzzle on William Cobra Staubs.

There was little doubt that had this case gone to trial Cobra should have been completely vindicated by the letter of the law. However there was that nagging question of justice in a small town. A jury trial is always a game of chance. Logic sometimes evaporates, just look at the first OJ Simpson trial.

Cobra is a rough tough guy, no-one can argue that, but his choices were simple, walk away and get on with his life, or spin the wheel and maybe spend 13 years behind bars.

What some people fail to realize, or report on are the terms of his plea deal. One web site in particular screamed the headline Bounty Hunter Cops To Beatdown, Banned From Haleigh Cummings Case!

And went on say:

A jury had been selected Wednesday and was ready to hear the case, sources tell us, when the Staubs deal was struck.

Which incidentally is a completely false. No Jury had been selected, no Jury had even been called, no trial was set to start on Wednesday. I have no doubt that tomorrow we will learn just who is behind this wonderful piece of disinformation. There is an old saying, I believe it originated in the garment industry, measure twice, cut once. Some journalists clearly do not understand the concept of using multiple sources to verify information.

Our same Emmy winner went on to explain that:

Conditions of Staubs’ sentence include:
–no contact with the victim (Snodgrass) while on probation;
–no bond activity or PI work in the 7th Judicial Circuit for the year, in effect, barring him from investigating the Cummings case further

But what he failed to mention were some very interesting facts. Terms of the one year probation include:

Checking in by mail every three months

Allowed to keep and carry fire arms

Allowed to be around criminal elements because of the nature of his work

Does this sound like a regular probation deal to you? Hardly!

Opening a huge can of worms, our favourite, on the ground, in touch, reporter, goes on to discuss some videos. These videos could well have resolved this case months ago. But were being dangled in a ‘trick or treat’ fashion. “oh I lost them on a trip to Las Vegas” was the beginning. It became somewhat more threatening as time went on. The ‘treat’ video supposedly could have absolved Cobra, while the ‘Trick’ video could have been somewhat damaging.

I spoke to Cobra a few minutes ago, and he feels it is time to let all of the story out. We will be running a radio program tomorrow, it likely will be at noon eastern. It will probably be epithet laden, and not for young ears!

Point your browser to www.blogtalkradio.com at noon eastern on Friday Mar/26, or you can use this direct link.

I noticed that one Emmy winning journalist put up a pre-emptive strike after my last two articles. But, that likely is too little and too late. From yesterdays conversations, and today’s it is very clear that William Cobra Staubs is ready to share publicly what he has shared privately over the past few months.

We will not be discussing the Haleigh Cummings case but rather the ancillary activities surrounding it. Hard Hats and Flak Jackets are the preferred dress code for this interview.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124137

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Exclusive Interview With William Cobra Staubs – BOMBSHELL
Well everyone else uses Exclusive and Bombshell, so I thought I’d take the words out for a spin! Personally I think they are overrated.

As everyone now knows Cobra has resolved the charges brought against him over an incident with Daniel Snodgrass. Cobra had become involved in the search for Haleigh Cummings, and Daniel Snodgrass became ‘a person of interest’.

For a few days over a year Cobra has had the Sodgrass charges hanging over his head. Experts in the Florida statutes concerned with the governance and regulation of the Bail Bond industry were in unanimous agreement that no law had been broken. Those experts included Sally Bird who was one of the people that actually crafted the statute, and Robert Dicker who now teaches a University Of Florida course on the Bail Bond industry.

None the less the good folks in Putnam County continued on in their quest to prosecute Cobra.

Now that he has had the threat of a 13-15 year jail sentence removed from the table he can once more piece his life back together.

One thing is clear, while he holds no real grudge against the State Prosecutors who pushed this case forward, he does indeed hold a very large grudge against some news organizations, and one reporter in particular. Under normal circumstances one might be tempted to say “just get over it, just forget it and move on with your life.”

This however is not a normal situation. This particular reporter was on the payroll of Cobra at the time that certain events occurred, and has with-held what might be referred to as ‘Work Product’. These tapes could well have been the key to resolving the court case months ago.

I think it is fair to say that we have not heard the last of this story. For several months I have heard rumblings from several credible sources, and from todays conversation it would appear that a civil suit with Cobra and some other as yet un-named (well unpublished names) is getting close to being filed.

You can listen to the entire interview here.

During the interview I did have one eye on the chatroom that our listeners hang out in, and I was very impressed at how supportive they all were of Cobra. Also how concerned they were for his well being.

I spoke to him after the program, and he wanted me to convey his gratitude to everyone, both he and Paula are grateful for the support that everyone has given them.

The fact that Cobra can once more resume his life is great news for everyone except the ‘bad guys’. If you are a bad guy and spot this vehicle heading your way, take my advice and hightail it to Putnam County. That is the one place that you will be safe, but only for the next year!

William Cobra Staubs - Exclusive Interview Carpho10
Many have made disparaging remarks about how significant Cobra’s efforts have been in helping locate Haleigh Cummings. Well folks, if it was not for Cobra’s efforts and money, the story would never have made it to HLN, and it would be a long forgotten cold case!

The story of how the story of Haleigh Cummings became a staple on HLN’s Nancy Grace program is a story by itself. Maybe one of these days I will write about it, it is a fine example of the ’six layers of separation’. It was also hardly a chance situation. But I will save that for another day.

Simon Barrett
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down