Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10

+4
Piper
Snaz
Justice4all
Cali
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 pm

You know, I really hate starting a "new topic". As I was clicking that "new topic" button, i realized that every new topic in this category means that a life has been snuffed out. And this case is no different. Justin Bloxom was by all accounts the model student - he was easy going, always smiling, great student - just fun to be around - his parents must have been SO proud!! But Tues morning they got a wake up call that no parent wants to hear. Justin, 12 yrs old, had spent the night with a friend the night before, since it was spring break. One of the boys remembers that he last saw him texting on his phone around 3:00 am. That was the last time anyone saw Justin alive. Justin was found later Tues afternoon about 2:00 pm in a shallow pool of water just off HWY 171. The cause of death is still unknown, but I have great confidence that since Justin was found less than 12 hrs after last being seen alive, his body will reveal the answers.

Held in connection with Justin's murder is convicted SO Brian Douglas Horn, 34.
"Horn has at least 14 prior arrests on his record, including two other sex-related offenses. Horn spent three years in prison after pleading no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile in 1995. The original charge of indecent behavior stemmed from a Shreveport police arrest after Horn, who was 19, was found in a vehicle with a 13-year-old girl.

Another charge of indecent behavior also shows up on his criminal history in 1997 with a notation that he served a year and five months. Unclear is an entry in 1998 that labels Horn as an "Article 575 fugitive" from Green County, Mo.

If Horn had been in jail other than being a free registered sex offender "this family would have their child at home tonight," said Arbuckle, who did not mince words about his frustration with sex offender laws."

Horn is a taxi driver, but wasn't dispatched to that area that day. LE is still trying to piece together how Horn and Justin came into contact with each other. What made Justin leave his friends house? or was he taken?

LE stopped Horn in that area, on HWY 171 early that morning, around 6:30, but Horn told him that he had lost his keys and was waiting for someone to bring them, LE didn't suspect anything since Justin hadn't been discovered missing as of yet. Horn's wife and other family members are cooperating with police and providing evidence from his home that LE believes may be in connection with this case.

This is the reason why something MUST be done to keep SO's locked up!! they KEEP on re-offending - and the offenses increase in violence every time. Every time they reoffend, that means there is another little child whose innocence is lost - or greater, there are those whose life is lost. By not keeping these SO's at bay, we are raising a generation of victims - and i would say that none of us can truly predict what our society as a whole will look like in 20 yrs or 40 yrs - these children will be disturbed psychologically, no doubt. There may be some who can deal with the pain and learn to function, but there will be some who cannot. we MUST do something!! Please, let's all get involved in getting our laws changed - get out and VOTE!! Talk to your senators and congressmen - talk to your city councilmen and your mayors!! We have to change this on a local level first, and then on a state level, and let it work itself up into our national goverment to make a difference!!! Change starts with each of us as individuals!! Let our government know that we will NOT tolerate these convicted child molestors as part of our communities!! it is costing us our children, therefore our future!!!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100331/NEWS03/3310325/1062

12-year-old killed; sex offender in custody
Brian Douglas Horn, a registered sex offender, in custody

By Vickie Welborn • vwelborn@gannett.com • March 31, 2010

STONEWALL — Happy go lucky. Always smiling. A joy. Super grades. Easy to joke around with. All-around good kid. Hard worker. Active in student government.

The list goes on and on. But that's just the start of what a school teacher and administrator have to say about a DeSoto Parish student whose life was cut short Tuesday.

The body of North DeSoto Middle School seventh-grader Justin M. Bloxom, 12, was found in a shallow pool of water shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday — the victim of an apparent homicide.

A taxi cab driver who is a registered sex offender is in custody, charged with second-degree murder in connection with Bloxom's death. The charge could be upgraded as additional evidence is processed.

Brian Douglas Horn, 34, of the 200 block of Hall Road in Keatchie, surrendered to DeSoto sheriff's authorities not long after they began a three-parish search for him.

He refused to talk to investigators. But Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle said they are confident they have the right man in custody. "All of the evidence points to him," Arbuckle said.

As investigators continue to put the pieces of the case together, school officials are still trying to digest Bloxom's untimely death. "Surreal," is how Principal Keith Simmons described how he first learned about Bloxom's disappearance then his death. But it's not the devastating news that he or teacher Sherri Troegel dwell on. They will forever remember a student whose death will leave a noticeable void.

"He was the kind of student that you wish you had a school full of. You wish you had a student body full of Justin Bloxoms. He was very positive, happy go lucky. Smiling every day," Simmons said.

DeSoto students are on spring break this week, which is why Bloxom was at a friend's house on Douglas Lane Monday night with others watching movies. One of the other kids last saw him sitting on the couch around 3 a.m. texting on his phone.

When the other students woke up later in the morning, Bloxom was gone. He was first reported missing to Stonewall police around 10:30 a.m. Neighbors and friends began a search and soon some came forward with information that a green Action Cab taxi was seen in the neighborhood that morning.

Read more at link provided above.

Last edited by Snaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Re: Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10

Post by Cali Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 pm

There is no excuse for letting this scumbag roam the streets to find another victim. Our laws need to change to protect the innocent - the hell with the sex offender. Poor kid, only twelve, and a lifetime ahead of him was snatched away.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Re: Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10

Post by Justice4all Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Tish, I agree that we must keep sex offenders locked up. Prison does not rehabilitate them, it just makes them more likely to kill their next victim.

We keep seeing the same things over and over again in most the cases that we cover. The three common things I've noticed are:

1. Repeat sex offenders.
  2. Mom's abusive boyfriend.
  3. Children walking home or playing outside alone.
For number one, we need to do as you suggested and pass tougher laws to keep sex offenders off the streets. For numbers two and three, we need to do all we can to educate parents to keep their children safe by being aware of potentially dangerous situations and putting their children's needs above their own. Most of these tragedies we hear about were preventable in one way or another.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Amen, J4A.... very well said. And we also need to make sure our children understand that they need to be aware of their surroundings and to stay away from strangers.....
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:28 pm

UPDATED: Homicide suspect posed as young girl through text messages, authorities say

By Vickie Welborn
April 1, 2010

MANSFIELD – A 34-year-old Keachi man lured a 12-year-old Stonewall boy away from a friend’s home early Tuesday morning by posing as a young girl through text messages, DeSoto sheriff’s authorities said today.

The “girl” made arrangements for a taxi to pick up Justin M. Bloxom shortly after 3 a.m. to complete their rendezvous. Bloxom met the Action Taxi cab, driven by Brian Douglas Horn, and in less than two hours was dead, authorities said.

Messages detailing the plans and meeting were traced Wednesday through phone records, giving DeSoto investigators the information they needed to shore up their case against Horn, of Keachi.

“We're looking at a connection to a social network site,” Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle said.

Investigators are still not sure how long Horn had been communicating with Bloxom. That's part of the investigation that will be ongoing. However, authorities were told Tuesday Bloxom was last seen around 3 a.m. at a friend's house texting on his cell phone and those texts go "until the time of death," the sheriff said.

Horn is in the DeSoto Detention Center charged with second-degree murder in Bloxom’s death. A preliminary autopsy confirmed Bloxom died of asphyxiation. Investigators say he was strangled.

Bloxom’s body was found Tuesday in a wooded area off of U.S. Highway 171 just south of the Stonewall corporate limits.

Horn was identified as a suspect after witnesses placed his green Action Taxi in the neighborhood where Bloxom was visiting with friends and later parked on the highway shoulder.

Evidence gathered in the grassy area along the highway also link Horn to the crime, Arbuckle said. Keys to Horn's taxi cab and a cell phone charger were located Wednesday.

Muddy boots were seized Tuesday from Horns' brother's pickup. The boots match boot prints leading to where Bloxom's body was found, Arbuckle said.

Horn had his first appearance today before a judge via video conference. Bond was denied, and a hearing is set for 1 p.m. April 14. The DeSoto Indigent Defender Board was appointed to represent Horn.

A candlelight service is set for 8 p.m. today in the Stonewall Park, where a memorial to Bloxom starting taking shape Wednesday. Signs, flowers and other momentos are being left along the fence - with the blessing of town officials - to remember Bloxom.

A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday for Bloxom at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Shreveport. Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100401/NEWS01/100401014/Authorities-Homicide-suspect-posed-as-young-girl-through-text-messages
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:26 pm

well, that definitely explains why the boy left the home.
It's so sad - on one hand, you want your kids to have as normal of a life as possible - by letting them play outside, go to sleepovers, etc. But then stuff like this happens, and it really makes you want to not let your kids out of the house at all...
J4A - what you said about putting the kids needs before the parents is a HUGE problem. That's why ppl let their kids play outside unsupervised while mom and dad are glued to the tv or the phone or the internet...
We spend alot of time outside - and the kids are always out there w/ me - but when it's time for me to come in, it's also time for them to come in, and then there are times that i don't want to go outside, but I have to because the kids want to - and then after I go, I'm always glad that I did. As a society we are so far separated emotionally from our children - yes, for the most part, parents love their children - but they let the TV babysit them - or send them outside to get them out of the way, rather than enjoying them while they're little and getting out there to play w/ them. It's a sad decline in our nation - and ultimately, it just makes our children easy prey...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I am so saddened by this boy's death. And so damn angry over this POS sex offender manipulating Justin to his death. That's what they do, anything to lure a child into their pit. I am so sorry for what Justin had to endure, he had no idea what was coming when he opened the door of that cab Sad
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 pm

these SO's are truly predators - much like a spider spinning the web - his was a web of deceit, trickery, enticing the child by posing as a girl... and then God only knows what happened once he had entrapped him. I have a 9 yr old boy, and I know that he wouldn't go down without a fight - and I can only assume that a 12 yr old boy would put up one hell of a fight once he realized what was going on. Justin was an unusual target for a SO - because of both his age and sex - but it's just another lesson for parents that NONE of our children are safe. I tend to think also that my boy is probably safer than my girls are, with my youngest girl being the most vulnerable at 3 - but this just proves me wrong - ALL CHILDREN are at risk!! I don't want to be guilty of watching the girls so closely that I let my guard down with my little boy. This one was a HUGE wake up call to me. I teach this age at church in my Sunday school class and on Wed night - and some of those 12 yr old boys are bigger than I am lol - I can't imagine this happening - it saddens me, and it angers me that our justice system is failing the most vulnerable of those among us - our children...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 am

Condolences Page for family of murdered 12-year-old Justin Bloxom
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 3:48 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 02, 2010 3:48 PM EDT

KSLA News 12 has set up a link on KSLA.com for the Ark-La-Tex to stop and leave comments and condolences for the family of DeSoto Parish murdered child Justin Bloxom...

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 12248910

Here is the link to the page:

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12248952
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 am

Bloxom murder now death penalty case
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 6:46 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 03, 2010 3:36 PM EDT

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 12250010

Brian Douglas Horn

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against the man accused of murdering a 12-year old boy in DeSoto Parish, and will not accept any plea deals.

That word came during an exclusive interview between DeSoto Parish District Attorney Richard Johnson and myself. Johnson personally delivered that message to the family of Justin Bloxom during the Friday night (4/02) visitation service.

That visitation took place at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home at 8801 Mansfield Road in Shreveport He was among the 800-people expected to pass through the observance from 5-to-8pm.

Johnson said he and investigators will likely sit down on Tuesday and examine all the evidence gathered in the case. That includes D.A.'s staff, along with DeSoto and Bossier Sheriff's investigators who are working together in this unfolding case.

Johnson said the charge of second degree murder against the murder suspect, Brian Horn will not be upgraded officially until that time. To qualify as a capital murder case certain criteria must be met, which they will sift through next week.

Johnson repeatedly said there would be no plea deals in this case against Horn, a cab driver and registered sex offender, who allegedly smothered 12-year-old Justin Bloxom to death in Stonewall on Tuesday.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12250086
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm

I just want to strangle that guy - look at the disgusting smirk on his face...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Me too, Tish. I hated even posting the evil incarnate's face.....
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm

DeSoto grand jury indicts Horn in murder of 12-yr.-old

Posted: Apr 12, 2010 11:03 AM EDT

DESOTO PARISH, LA (KSLA) – It took a DeSoto Parish grand jury less than an hour to indict Brian Horn on a charge of first-degree murder for allegedly killing 12-year-old Justin Bloxom.

DeSoto Parish District Attorney Richard Johnson presented the evidence to the grand jury, persuading them to indict Horn in the murder of Bloxom nearly 2 weeks ago. Johnson says he does intend to push for the death penalty.

Bloxom's family was in the courtroom when the indictment was handed down.

Earlier in the morning, Horn, who is also a registered sex offender, plead not guilty to the first-degree murder charge.

Bloxom was first reported missing earlier in the morning. His body was later found in a wooded area of DeSoto Parish.

Horn is accused of posing as a young girl, allegedly luring Bloxom away from his home.

Horn remains in the DeSoto Parish jail without bond. A new court date has not been sent.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12294892
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 pm

I hope they stick to their guns on the no plea deal statement they made earlier, sounds like they will.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat May 08, 2010 7:56 am

Vigil held for Justin Bloxom

Posted: May 07, 2010 8:15 PM EDT

Desoto, LA (KSLA)- The friends and family of Justin Bloxom gathered for a vigil in his memory today. The vigil started at 7 PM and lasted until 9 PM. It took place at Stonewall Park, Stonewall, LA.

Justin Bloxom, 12, was murdered back in March by former taxi driver and registered sex offender Brian Horn. Horn is charged with 1St degree murder and remains incarcerated at the Desoto Parish Detention Center without bond.

The vigil was intended to show support for the family and to remember young Justin Bloxom.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12448990
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat May 08, 2010 12:36 pm

May Justin rest in peace. He suffered a horrible fate at the hands of a sick monster. He should have still been in prison and this would not have happened to Justin. It makes me so furious.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 7:58 pm

I so agree... many times I hear the excuse about jails being overpopulated... Then we hear that Hope Sykes was sentenced to 15 yrs for being in a car where a drug deal was done..... ??????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat May 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I agree AJ, makes no sense whatsoever.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty chelsea's law

Post by shannanbuffolino Tue May 25, 2010 3:18 am

this is why we need to get 'chelsea's law' passed here in california, and then all states will NEED to follow! about 3 months ago, a sex offender, out on bail, killed chelsea, and since then her parents have been working hard, to go out, get changemakers, get petitions signed for the new law, the one strike law! sex offenders go to prison for life after they commit a sex crime against children..so they cant get out to do it again..no plea bargaining...other offenders will have to have a gps to wear for life for tracking, and cannot be anywhere kids congregate... go visit chelsea's light on facebook, get involved, get it started for your state,,it takes positive action, cant just complain, we have to DO...

shannanbuffolino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 10:08 am

Hi SHannon,

I cudnt agree with you more...I am joining this great cause to help! No more children need to die at the hands of these monsters...

I want to add, that I see part of the problem with overpopulated jails...

I believe our justice system is in huge trouble. I see the problem in every state.. Many sentences given to many ppl (who are filling up our jails) are inappropriate.

Hope Sykes is an example... She was sentenced to 15 yrs becasue of being in a vehicle where dealers were setting up a deal...

She is 18 yrs old and wasnt involved in the deal and was never proven to be involved in dealing..

Why are many ppl happy with this sentence? We as a society need to let the justice system know that we dont condone this... No matter how much we hate a person or who they carry on with, it is not " room effective" if you will to have one less available spot on account we are now housing her....

I dont condone drugs and hate anyone who wud sells.. I realize drug use potentially leads to other crimes burglaries, imparied driving etc where ppl are at risk...

At the same time, we know what pedophelia leads too, and of course in the big scope of things, if one had to weigh out which one needs to be housed, I certainly wud chose the ped....

Also, I am becoming aware just how many prosecutors and LE are looking to find guilt and convictions in ppl where the evidence is questionable... It seems to me that huige media outlets are drawi9ng huge crowds by being allowed to embellish and offer inaccurate accounts.. These media outlets imo shud have to be accountable.. I personally expect more from the media... They need to be held accountable and imo, some ppl have to stop believing everything they hear/read and start being more responsible in considering the sources of the hate fests ...

I am personally very disappointed in what the justice system is turning into (sensationalized)....

I dont know what the answer is and I look for one all the time.. I imagine it has to start with the ppl, in having higher standards in reporting, along with changing our mind set to giving ppl some benefit, of innocence some of the time.. Imo ..what I see that there isnt much faith extended to anyone.. If LE or prosecutors decide someone is guilty, then many ppl automatically believe that.. I feel this is wrong.. they are ppl too and are capable of being wrong..One wud hope 12 impartial ppl, wud be able to see the truth but it seems we lok at ppl as guilty becasue the prosecutor says they are, yet has next to know physical or forensic evidence.. They set up circumstantial cases and ppl are buuying into it.. I especially like to puke when the state uses a known liar/criminal/loser, to testify against someone where these thugs are being believed over ppl who have no history of lying... WTH?? What is the world coming too... I pray that ppl will stop feeling that the prosecutors are right... I seriously wonder how many ppl are filling our jails for life sentences based on circumstance alone.. I am not confidant that 12 ppl from the gen pop are impartial enough to stand jury..We seem to be looking at the glass being half empty too much of the time.. This is learned in the media and they need to stop teaching that and sending out that message...

Back to top Go down

Post by shannanbuffolino Tue May 25, 2010 11:00 am

Her name is Hope Sykes? I will look into that one for sure..The way to change things is to get people to write in. Write in for her. Otherwise she will sit there till they get around to it. Start a facebook page regarding what you want for her. Once they are all your friends, and you build it high, make a petition, easy to do, and have everyone print it out, sign it, and send to you state officials(or what state she is in)..Do worry so much, you need to just try to do your best, and enjoy life as much as you can. :) Shannan

shannanbuffolino

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Life sentence added as penalty in Justin Bloxom bill

By Vickie Welborn
Gannett Louisiana
June 3, 2010

BATON ROUGE - A twice-convicted sex offender whose victims are younger than 18 will be sentenced to life in prison under an enhanced penalty added Tuesday to the state's sex offender law.

The amendment was made to Senate Bill 780, also referred to as the Justin Bloxom bill, on the Senate floor before the final unanimous vote. The bill, introduced by Sen. Sherri Cheek and Rep. Richard Burford and co-authored by numerous other legislators, is pending discussion next week before the House of Representatives' Criminal Justice Committee.

"This makes it much stronger, frankly," Cheek said of the life sentence provision. "It's clearly saying you have a pedophile on your hands."

If the bill makes it into law it would be affect those arrested after Aug. 15.

With its approval of the bill, the Senate also signed off on the employment restrictions that were previously added. It will prohibit registered sex offenders from driving taxi cabs, limousines and buses. It also would make service-type jobs, where entry would be required into homes, and the operation of carnival or amusement rides, off-limits to these sex offenders.

The bill is named in memory of Justin Bloxom, the 12-year-old Stonewall child who was killed March 30. Brian Douglas Horn, 34, of Keachi, a registered sex offender with two prior convictions involving sexual activity with juveniles, is charged with first-degree murder in Bloxom's death. He faces the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20100603/NEWS01/100603005/Life+sentence+added+as+penalty+in+Justin+Bloxom+bill
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Justin M. Bloxom Act clears La. House

By Vickie Welborn
Gannett Louisiana
June 18, 2010

BATON ROUGE - The Justin M. Bloxom Act received unanimous approval of the House of Representatives late Thursday.

The tougher sexual offender law is headed back to the Senate, where it will need concurrence before it goes to the governor's desk for his signature.

Named for 12-year-old homicide victim Justin Bloxom, of Stonewall, the bill restricts employment of convicted sex offenders and adds a life sentence for a twice-convicted sex offender whose victims are under age 18.

"Today, the state of Louisiana took a very strong step toward protecting our children and grandchildren. I feel better knowing that our children will be protected more than in the past. Yet, I am still emotional that we have lost Justin and other children who may still be with us if this would have been in place," state Rep. Richard Burford, R-Stonewall, said Thursday. Burford co-authored the bill with state Sen. Sherri Cheek, R-Shreveport.

Bloxom was killed March 30. Brian Douglas Horn, 34, of Keachi, a registered sex offender with two prior convictions involving sexual activity with juveniles, is charged with first-degree murder in Bloxom's death. Horn is accused of using his taxi cab job in his plan to pick up Bloxom from a friend's house.

If it clears the last hurdle, the law will prohibit registered sex offenders from driving taxi cabs, limousines and buses. It also would make service-type jobs, where entry would be required into homes, and the operation of carnival or amusement rides off-limits.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20100618/NEWS01/100618006/-1/rss
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 am

Justin's death sparks others into action

November 14, 2010

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Justin10

STONEWALL — “I never want him to be forgotten.”

It’s a statement no parent should ever have to utter about their child, but Amy Bloxom Fletcher was put into that position on March 30 when her 12-year-old son, Justin M. Bloxom, was killed, allegedly at the hands of a twice-convicted sex offender.

The grief, even after eight months, is still fresh as tears brim in Fletcher’s eyes easily. But a quick smile returns as she moves into the plans she and a growing army of friends and strangers are putting together so that Justin won’t be forgotten.

More importantly, their ideas, many of which are still being finalized, are designed to use Justin’s death as a teaching moment for children and also to bring local and national attention to strengthening laws against child sexual predators.

Read more:
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20101114/NEWS01/101113009/Justin-s-death-sparks-others-into-action
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 pm

School commemorates Justin Bloxom a year after his murder

Updated: Mar 30, 2011 5:28 PM EDT

DeSoto Parish, LA(KSLA)- It was a somber morning for students and staff in DeSoto Parish as they remembered the life of Justin Bloxom, the young boy abducted and murdered a year ago today.

A moment of silence was held in Justin Bloxom's honor this morning at North DeSoto Middle School. The principal asked everyone to reflect on his life and the memories he left behind.

Read more: http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=14352570
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Trial delayed in case of 12-year-old's death

Updated 09:27 a.m., Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MANSFIELD, La. (AP) — The planned summer trial for a Keatchie man charged in the death of a 12-year-old boy from the DeSoto Parish town of Stonewall has been postponed.

The Times of Shreveport reports that state District Judge Robert Burgess has written DeSoto Parish prosecutors and defense attorneys for Brian D. Horn, saying several crucial pretrial motions are pending and the case is not ready for trial.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Trial-delayed-in-case-of-12-year-old-s-death-1424930.php
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Judge refuses to throw out evidence against Horn

UPDATED: 9:23 am CST November 17, 2011

MANSFIELD -- A judge on Wednesday denied accused killer Brian Horn's request to block prosecutors from using evidence found in his taxi after the murder of 12-year-old Justin Bloxom.

DeSoto District Judge Robert Burgess also denied a defense motion to block prosecutors from telling Horn's trial jury about the contents of his cell phone SIM card.

Read more: http://www.ktbs.com/news/29794373/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Taxi owner removed from Bloxom lawsuit

1:02 PM, May. 16, 2012
Vickie Welborn

The owner of a Bossier City taxi cab business is removed from personal liability in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the mother of a Stonewall boy allegedly killed by one of the cab drivers, according to a court ruling released today.

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeal’s ruling affirms a DeSoto District Court summary judgment dismissing Action Taxi owner David McFarlin from the lawsuit filed in May 2010 by Amy Bloxom Fletcher on behalf of her son, Justin M. Bloxom, 12, of Stonewall.

~Snipped~

McFarlin, president of Blue Phoenix Trading Co., the parent company of Action Taxi, hired Horn even though he knew from his driver’s license that he was a convicted sex offender.

Read more: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120516/NEWS01/120516018/Taxi-owner-removed-from-Bloxom-lawsuit

Taxi driver should be right on the list behind police officer, daycare provider, and teacher in jobs that shouldn't hire a sex offender, but I guess the judges didn't want to hold a corporation liable for an individual's actions.

I couldn't find anything on Brian Horn's trial. Does anybody know when that is scheduled to start?
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

I just found an article that says Brian Horn's bench trial set for August 2012.

http://www.ksla.com/story/18439265/court-of-appeals-upholds-lower-court-ruling-in-bloxom-death-lawsuit
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Brian Horn capital murder trial - update

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 pm

This thread has not had any updates posted in a long time.  It appears the trial for Brian Horn will take place before this summer, 2014 per article below.

Judge adamant Horn capital murder trial will not be postponed

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 10:59 AM CST
Updated: Jan 29, 2014 12:26 PM CST
By KSLA Staff  
KSLA -Shreveport, LA

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 24574745_BG1
Twice-convicted sex offender and taxi
driver Brian Horn is awaiting trial in the
abduction and murder of 12-year-old
Justin Bloxom. Prosecutors are seeking
the death penalty.

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 24574745_BG2
12-year-old Justin Bloxom was killed
in March of 2010, allegedly at the
hands of convicted sex offender Brian Horn.

MANSFIELD, LA (KSLA) -
A DeSoto Parish judge says he is determined not to postpone the trial of the man accused of kidnapping and killing a 12-year-old Stonewall boy nearly four years ago.

Snipped:

At Wednesday's hearing, Judge Robert Burgess made it clear that he is adamant about the trial going forward, saying that it will happen before the summer, even if it means forgoing the admission of the fingerprint evidence.

Read more & view video:

http://www.ksla.com/story/24574745/judge-adamant-horn-capital-murder-trial-will-not-be-postponed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the above Link, you can click on Additional Links and read the following previous articles:

Sheriff says murdered boy thought he was meeting a girl

Evidence found in accused killer's cab will be allowed at trial

Judge weighing options for date, venue in Horn trial
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty KTBS - Shreveport, LA article dated 1/28/13 re Brian Horn capital murder trial

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Informative article:

Delay sought in Brian Horn murder trial

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 5:07 PM CST
Updated: Jan 28, 2014 5:17 PM CST

KTBS - Shreveport, Louisiana  

Snipped:

Because of the publicity surrounding the trial, a jury from East Baton Rouge Parish will be selected and then transported to Mansfield for the February trial.

Once jury selection begins, Florence estimated the process would take one to two weeks. Assistant Prosecutor Ron Stamps said the jurors would be immediately brought to Mansfield where they would be sequestered for the duration of the trial.

Read more:

http://www.ktbs.com/story/24567117/delay-sought-in-brian-horn-murder-trial
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 am

Hearing delayed on new evidence in accused child killer trial

01/29/2014

KTAL - Texarkana, Texas

Snipped:

Jury selection is now scheduled to begin on Feb. 10 in East Baton Rouge District Court. The selection process was moved to East Baton Rouge Parish due to the extensive media coverage of the crime in north Louisiana. After the 12 jurors and alternates are selected, the entire jury panel will be transported to DeSoto Parish and be sequestered there until a verdict is reached.

A number of trial dates have come and gone in the almost four years since Horn was arrested and charged with first degree murder in Justin’s death.

Two lead defense attorneys from the Capital Assistance Project of Louisiana (CAPOLA) have resigned, and Shreveport defense attorney Daryl Gold is now sitting first chair in the death penalty case; two mitigation experts have quit and a third one is now employed on the case.

Read more and view video:

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/story/d/story/hearing-delayed-on-new-evidence-in-accused-child-k/29790/dVFJXNg4uUCfudVRVFrkSg
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Defense request to delay Horn capital murder trial denied

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 11:47 AM CST
Updated: Feb 26, 2014 3:52 PM CST

KSLA - Shreveport, LA

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 24829622_BG1
Brian Horn, on the right, walks to the DeSoto Parish
courthouse for a February 24 hearing.

MANSFIELD, LA (KSLA) -
A defense request for a major delay in the capital murder trial of Brian Horn has been denied.

Horn, 37, is a twice-convicted sex offender charged with first degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the March 30, 2010 asphyxiation death of 12-year-old Justin Bloxom.

The boy's body was found in a watery ditch in the woods just off Highway 171 south of Stonewall.

Snipped:

At Wednesday's hearing, DeSoto Parish District Judge Robert Burgess said the trial will begin as scheduled on March 11.

Read more:

http://www.ksla.com/story/24829622/defense-request-to-delay-horn-capital-murder-trial-denied
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Motions denied in attempt to delay Brian Horn murder trial
Jury selection still on for March 11 in East Baton Rouge Parish.

Feb. 26, 2014 12:59 PM

Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Bilde?Site=D9&Date=20140226&Category=NEWS03&ArtNo=302260042&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Motions-denied-attempt-delay-Brian-Horn-murder-trial
Brian Horn / File

Snipped:

Horn, 37, of Keachi, a twice-convicted sex offender is accused in the asphyxiation death of Bloxom on March 30, 2010. DeSoto Parish sheriff’s investigators allege Horn portrayed himself as a young girl through text messages sent to Bloxom to lure him away from a friend’s house.

Bloxom’s body was discovered a few hours after he was reported missing in a small pool of water in a wooded area off U.S. Highway 171 south of the Stonewall corporate limits. Investigators pieced together clues and eye-witness reports of Horn’s Action Taxi cab to nab him less than eight hours later.

Horn has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping. The state is seeking the death penalty if he’s convicted.

Read more:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140226/NEWS03/302260042/Motions-denied-attempt-delay-Brian-Horn-murder-trial
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Brian Horn capital murder trial begins today, 3/11/14, with jury selection!

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:49 am

http://www.ksla.com/story/24938261/jury-selection-begins-tuesday-in-horn-capital-murder-trial
KSLA - Shreveport, LA   --  Posted: Mar 10, 2014 10:59 PM CDT / Updated: Mar 11, 2014 12:34 AM CDT  

Jury selection begins Tuesday in Horn capital murder trial

Snipped:

On Tuesday, the process of selecting jurors who will hear the evidence and testimony will begin in East Baton Rouge. That's 3 hours away from DeSoto Parish, where the trial itself will be held, thanks more than three years of pre-trial publicity.

"3 years, 11 months and 10 days," said Justin's mother, Amy Witham Fletcher on her Facebook page Monday. "Tomorrow starts our next chapter of this nightmare. Justice for Justin Bloxom is all I ask and pray for."

Opening arguments could get under way as early as next week.

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 24938261_BG2
Amy Witham Fletcher posted this picture of herself
with her son Justin on Monday, saying
, "Justice for Justin Bloxom is all I ask and pray for."

(Source: Amy Witham Fletcher via Facebook)

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 am

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140310/NEWS01/303100026/Jury-selection-begins-Tuesday-DeSoto-capital-murder-trial
Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA --- 3/10/14

Jury selection begins Tuesday in DeSoto capital murder trial
Pool of 300 potential jurors first will be asked their stance on the death penalty.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:58 am

https://www.facebook.com/Justiceforjustinbloxom
Facebook - Justice for Justin Bloxom
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Brian Horn capital murder trial (Justin Bloxom murder) - 3/11/14

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 am

Jury: Can I Send Brian Horn To His Death?

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 9:30 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 10, 2014 10:22 PM CDT

KTBS - Shreveport, LA

Snipped:

The trial starts tomorrow, March 11 Tuesday, with jury selection in an East Baton Rouge Parish courtroom. The goal is to seat a jury with little if any knowledge of the highly publicized 2010 homicide. Jurors then will be shipped to DeSoto parish for the actual trial.

Prosecutors are going for the death penalty in this case which means the people who are picked for this jury will have to ask themselves, "Can I send a man to his death?"

Read more and view informative video (4:16):

http://www.ktbs.com/story/24937840/jury-can-i-send-brian-horn-to-his-death
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Previous articles re Justin Bloxom case/Brian Horn murder trial

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 am

Several pages of articles regarding the Justin Bloxom case/Brian Horn murder trial are at the Link below.

At the bottom of each page, please click on the next page.  If you are on Page 1, click on Page, 2, etc.

http://www.ktbs.com/search?vendor=ez&qu=Justin+Bloxom
KTBS - Shreveport, LA  -- Search:  Justin Bloxom
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Justin Bloxom murder case - previous articles

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 am

Several pages of previous articles re the Justin Bloxom murder case:

http://search.ksla.com/default.aspx?ct=r&q=Justin+Bloxom+murder
KSLA - Shreveport, LA  --- Search:  Justin Bloxom murder
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Justin McClain Bloxom Obituary - April, 2010

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 am

Justin McClain Bloxom Obituary

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 0001298919-01-1_234335
Justin McClain Bloxom

STONEWALL, LA - Celebration of Life services for Justin McClain Bloxom, 12, will be held 2:00 p.m., Saturday, April 3, 2010 at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Shreveport, Louisiana with Associate Pastor Henry Richerson, and Pastor Mike Stowell officiating under the direction of Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Interment will immediately follow in the Centuries Memorial Park, Shreveport, Louisiana.

The family will be receiving friends for visitation Friday, April 2, 2010 from the hours of 5-8 p.m. at Centuries.

Justin was born May 29, 1997 in Shreveport, Louisiana to Amy Nicole Witham and Kevin McClain Bloxom and was called home Tuesday, March 30, 2010 in Stonewall, Louisiana. Justin enjoyed skateboarding, karate, mud riding, jumping on the trampoline, and playing the drums. Justin was on the Honor-roll, and on the superintendents list at North Desoto Middle School. Justin won first place in the Science Fair and was a member of the 4-H club. Justin enjoyed drawing, was a member of the Griffins Football Team, and enjoyed helping Pa-Paw with his cows. Justin will be remembered most for the kind, caring soul God blessed him with.

Justin was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather; George Bloxom, and his maternal great grandfather; R.B. Cox.

Left to cherish his memory and tell his stories will be his mother; Amy Niclole Witham Bloxom and fiancé Craig Fletcher, father; Kevin McClain Bloxom and wife Christine Bloxom, four brothers: Travis Bloxom, Tyler Bloxom, Dalton Bloxom, Collin Witham, maternal grandparents; Ruby Cox, Madeline and John Witham, paternal grandmother; Willie Bloxom along with numerous extended family members and many gracious friends.

Honoring Justin by acting pallbearers will be Mark Bloxom, David Bloxom, Charlie Thomas, Kevin Witham, John Witham, Floyd Patton, PJ Brossette, and Jacob Roussel. Honorary pallbearers will be his four brothers, Travis Bloxom, Tyler Bloxom, Dalton Bloxom, Collin Witham, and Lane Fletcher.

The family has requested donations be made to VAC Federal Credit Union (Special Fund for Justin Bloxom) 318-524-0822, in Honor of Justin Bloxom. Centuries Memorial

Funeral Home 318-686-4334

Published in Shreveport Times on Apr. 2, 2010

Source:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/shreveporttimes/obituary.aspx?n=justin-mcclain-bloxom&pid=141374052
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 am

~~~  RIP Justin Bloxom  ~~~  sucker 
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Per this older article (2010 with a 2013 update), it appears the family of Brian Horn will not support him. This was in 2010/2013. The family does not condone a murderer per snip below.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12248486
KSLA - Shreveport, LA -- Posted: Apr 02, 2010 1:14 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 24, 2013 11:24 AM CDT

Statement from Kevin Horn; DeSoto murder suspect's brother

Snipped:

I, Kevin Horn, brought my brother to DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Substation immediately after finding out that Brian was the prime suspect in this heinous crime. Brian will not find any support from us because we do not condone a murderer.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Sara Machi, a reporter for KTBS - Shreveport, LA, is in Baton Rouge to cover the jury selection in the Brian Horn trial.  We can expect a report on the KTBS news tonight.

For your info, Baton Rouge, LA is approximately 3 hours from Shreveport, LA
~~~~~~~

KTBS 3 News - Facebook
25 minutes ago - 3/11/14

KTBS 3's Sara Machi is in Baton Rouge for jury selection in the Brian Horn trial. Horn's accused of killing Stonewall teenager Justin Bloxom in 2010. Join us tonight and 9 and 10 for the latest.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/KTBS3?rf=109546909071799
KTBS - Shreveport, LA -- Facebook
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Very interesting article!
~~~~~~~

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140309/NEWS15/303090030/Intentional-delay-or-not-
Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA -- Mar. 8, 2014

Capital case debate: Intentional delay or not?
Move to take veteran defense attorney off Brian Horn case stirs debate

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 pm

tweet from Vicki Welborn, reporter with Shreveport Times:

3/11/14

Vickie Welborn ‏@vawelborn · 59m
Process slow going in Brian Horn capital murder jury selection. Preliminary matters involving juror attendance, hardships take up most a.m.

Source:

https://twitter.com/vawelborn
Twitter - Vickie Welborn (reporter @ Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty "Live" stream regarding Brian Horn's murder trial

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 pm

I called Judge Robert Burgess' office in DeSota Parish, LA to inquire if the Brian Horn trial will be streamed "live" and if tweeting from the court room will be allowed.

One of his staff told me Judge Burgess is in Baton Rouge, LA today re jury selection for the Brian Horn murder trial.

She said Judge Burgess is probably establishing 'Housekeeping rules' re media today.  She does not know that to be a fact though since she is in DeSota Parish and he and other staff are in Baton Rouge.

She told me that, to her knowledge, Judge Burgess is not going to allow cameras in the court room for a "live" stream.

She does not know about allowing reporters to tweet "live" from the court room.  She said based on past trials, she doubts it will be allowed 'live' from the court room during trial proceedings.

In the past, reporters have covered updates regarding the pending trial of Brian Horn; but not "live" stream.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Brian Horn in East Baton Rouge Parish Jail - LA

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Brian Horn is currently in East Baton Rouge Parish Jail - LA during jury selection.   In some of the media articles (don't recall which ones), it was indicated that he would be in the East Baton Rouge Jail during jury selection.  I notice DeSota Parish Jail has not updated custody status.

To view this at the linked site, you will probably have to type in Brian Horn in the appropriate boxes or use Brian Horn's Offender ID:2010030280

ttps://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/searchResultsAction.do?searchType=offender&siteId=19000&lang_value=en&searchWhere=state&doc=19000%7C900&agency=1&id=&lastName=Horn&firstName=Brian&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search
VINElink.com - LA  -  Brian Horn

Name  Date of Birth  Age  Custody Status  Agency/Reason  Reporting Agency  

HORN, BRIAN   D  02/15/1976  38    In Custody  De Soto Parish Jail  De Soto Parish Jail  

HORN, BRIAN  02/15/1976  38    In Custody  East Baton Rouge Parish Jail  East Baton Rouge Parish Jail  

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=19000&agency=16&id=2010030280&searchType=offender
VINElink.com -LA  -- Brian Horn

Offender Name: BRIAN D HORN

Offender ID:2010030280

Date of Birth:02/15/1976

Race: White

Custody Status:  In Custody

Location of Offender:  De Soto Parish Jail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aliases
HORN, JOHN P

Offender Name: BRIAN  HORN

Offender ID:1400036179
Date of Birth:02/15/1976
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:  East Baton Rouge Parish Jail
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Justin Bloxom -- Found Deceased 3/30/10 Empty Brian Horn trial - media coverage (KTBS - Shreveport, LA)

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Earlier today I e-mailed an Anchor/multimedia journalist with KTBS - Shreveport, LA inquiring about coverage of the Brian Horn murder trial.

The following is snipped from the personal e-mail response (KTBS - Anchor) sent to me:

Thank you for your email.  Louisiana does not allow cameras or cell phones into courtrooms.

We will have live reports at 5,6  and updates at 9 and 10.  We will do updates on facebook and our website ktbs.com  We will probably be tweeting about the case as well.

Thanks again for your inquiry.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:29 pm

http://www.ktbs.com/story/24946181/justin-bloxom-memorial-garden-spruced-up
KTBS - Shreveport, LA 3/11/14

Justin Bloxom Memorial Garden spruced up
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next