Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10

3 posters

Go down

Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10 Empty Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10

Post by pi-girl Thu May 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Authorities Launch All-Out Search for Missing Calif. Woman
May 13, 2010
Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10 Nancy-Salas_20100512195008_640_480

Police are reportedly calling the disappearance of Nancy Salas, a resident of Glendale, Calif., suspicious. Salas did not return to her parents' home after an early morning run through a nearby canyon on Wednesday morning.

In an interview with FoxNews.com on Thursday, Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz said rangers and bloodhounds searched an expansive area Wednesday night but uncovered no trace of Salas, who is 5"1 and 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. The young woman was last seen wearing a yellow jacket over a white T-shirt with dark pants and white running shoes, the station reported.

Lorenz said police temporarily called off a ground search for the young woman on Thursday but continue to investigate her disappearance, including an examination of cell phone and computer records for clues.

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/13/calif-authorities-launch-search-missing-college-coed/

Last edited by pi-girl on Fri May 14, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10 Empty Re: Nancy Salas -- Found Alive 5/13/10

Post by Cali Thu May 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Another victim? Does it pay to go out for a run to stay healthy, then because you are alone, some evil person grabs you? Is it safer to never go out alone? Where does one draw the line nowadays?
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Cali,

As I was reading this sad article I was thinking the very same thing... It is so maddening to think that many things a person should have the choice to do, is just not safe...

A beautiful young woman, minding her own business, bettering her health, and maybe easing a little stress from whatever she may have going on in her life... and this????????????

It is so maddening.. Why ??? How can this stop??

My prayers are with her, her family, and loved ones...

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 am

This makes me so mad! There are so many bad things that are happening out there and then some selfish little baby has to go and do this - preventing future real abductions from being taken seriously!

When they are stressed and need a break, why don't they just say so? It seems it would be a lot easier than making up a lie...UGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Mad

I guess she thought this way her family would be so happy that she was okay that they would overlook her lies. Which is exactly what has happened...so far.

Missing Glendale Girl Nancy Salas Turns Up, Admits Abduction Story Was Fake

14 May, 2010

Nancy Salas, the missing UCLA student, turned up in a carpet store in Merced in central California Thursday, Glendale police Sgt. Tom Lorenz said.

She had made up a false story that she’d been abducted at knifepoint when actually she had run away because of stress. Her abduction brought forth a massive search operation organized by the police.

She was re-united with her family in Glendale late Thursday night, nearly two days after she went missing. She was last reported to be seen at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning when she told her family that she was going on her usual run.

Salas admitted that she had made up the false abduction story because she wanted to escape the intense pressure from her family and friends. She also admitted that she had lied to her family and friend about attending the University of California, Los Angeles.

While investigating her abduction the police had discovered that she was no longer at UCLA.
The school confirmed that the fourth-year student and sociology major was last enrolled at UCLA in fall 2008.

She was idolized by her family, neighbors, friends, church, as being a successful student at UCLA,” Lorenz said. “She didn’t know how to handle it and she fled.”

Her parents who were planning a graduation ceremony for her, were visibly relieved when they found that their daughter is safe and sound. “Everything has ended up beautifully,” the woman’s father Henry Salas, said in Spanish. “It’s incredible the help that we had — roommates, friends, friends from the university, friends from church.”

Salas immediately asked an employee to call 911 when she turned up at the carpet store in Merced.

http://www.timesnewsline.com/news/Missing-Glendale-Girl-Nancy-Salas-Turns-Up--Admits-Abduction-Story-Was-Fake-1273845204/
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm

pi-girl wrote:This makes me so mad! There are so many bad things that are happening out there and then some selfish little baby has to go and do this - preventing future real abductions from being taken seriously!

When they are stressed and need a break, why don't they just say so? It seems it would be a lot easier than making up a lie...UGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Mad

I guess she thought this way her family would be so happy that she was okay that they would overlook her lies. Which is exactly what has happened...so far.

PI - I agree with you.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down