Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell

5 posters

Go down

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell Empty 'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Accused 'Craigslist killer' found dead in jail cell
Former Boston University med student linked to death of masseuse

updated 8/15/2010 8:06:52 PM ET

BOSTON — A former medical student accused of killing a masseuse he met through Craigslist committed suicide in the Boston jail where he was awaiting trial, authorities said Sunday.

Philip Markoff, 24, was found unresponsive in his cell Sunday morning in the Nashua Street Jail, the Suffolk County district attorney's office said in an e-mailed statement, and he was pronounced dead at about 10:15 a.m.

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38713628/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell Empty Re: 'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell

Post by Piper Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm

The Craigslist Killer Case: What Happens Now

Aug 16, 2010 12:41 pm US/Eastern

The accused Craigslist Killer, Phillip Markoff, wrote the final chapter in the criminal case against him with his apparent suicide inside a Boston jail cell this weekend.

The family of Julissa Brisman will never face her accused killer in court and legal experts say, the case died with him.

The widely publicized case was scheduled to go to trial in March of 2011. The state can not, however, prosecute a dead man.

~Snipped~

SUICIDE INVESTIGATION

Phillip Markoff was found in his Nashua Street Jail cell Sunday with a plastic bag over his head, and bleeding from a sliced artery in his leg, according to WBZ sources.

An official cause of death has not been released.

Read more: http://wbztv.com/local/craigslist.killer.case.2.1862362.html

Wonder who supplied him w/the plastic bag?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell Empty Re: 'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm starting to see a trend with these coward killers committing suicide. It's too bad they aren't brave enough to face justice, but at least the taxpayers are saving money.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

But the victim's family gets cheated out of their day in court.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Justice4all wrote:I'm starting to see a trend with these coward killers committing suicide. It's too bad they aren't brave enough to face justice, but at least the taxpayers are saving money.

J4A.... I agree..... they can do the crime, but they can't do the time. And like you said, at the very least, the taxpayers save money. IMO, there is no difference whether they kill themselves or are executed by the State... they are still DEAD and can NEVER hurt anyone again.

Never having been in the shoes of someone whose loved one has been murdered, I say this very humbly. I can imagine that sometimes it might be a blessing for a family not to have to sit through a murder trial and hear the awful details of what the victim endured. I do, however, understand there are those family members who would feel cheated.

In this particular case, I say, "Good riddance, Phillip Markoff!!!"
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:46 pm

We just need these guys to start choosing the suicide route before committing the murders, then things will be better for everybody.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

Supposedly, he used his medical training to contain the blood with a plastic bag from the cut on his leg. And then the bag over his head, at least he made sure this attempt was going to be successful. It's not the first time he tried.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

"Craigslist Killer" Philip Markoff Wrote Ex-Fiancee's Name in Blood Before Dying, Says Report

August 17, 2010 1:56 PM
Posted by Carlin DeGuerin Miller

BOSTON (CBS/AP) Suspected "Craigslist Killer" Philip Markoff's last thoughts, as he lay dying in his jail cell from self-inflicted wounds, were apparently of the life he threw away and the woman he alienated with his sick and brutal alleged acts - as evidenced by her name scrawled in blood on the wall of his prison cell.

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20013843-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am

Did anyone read that he wrote the word " Pocket" along with Meagan in his blood on the cell wall??

Riddles??

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

AJ - I just looked that up, how weird. I wonder what it means. Is he trying to send her a message, that she is to look in one of his pockets (at home) for something???

~~~~~
(snipped)
The murder suspect took elaborate steps to make sure he died, but he also made final homage to McAllister. Photos of McAllister covered the small table in Markoff's cell. As previously reported, Markoff had written "Megan" and "pocket" in his blood on the wall. ABC News has learned that it was written above his doorway where he could see it, but correction officers could not easily see it.

Suffolk County District Daniel Conley confirmed the words above Markoff's cell door at a news conference today, but could not explain Markoff's use of the word "pocket."

"We're still studying that," Conley said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/craigslist-killer-philip-markoff-spread-photos-fiance-died/story?id=11419551

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Julie I thought of that, but then thought that LE would have checked every inch of any of his belongings....

I was actually considering that his arrogant way of thinking was simply to ask that the pics of Meagan be put in his pocket in his death bed, or the crematorium???

I wonder if the family still decides on his funeral arrangments..? Can he still get his own way, even when he is dead?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Good point AJ.

Maybe the fact that he wrote it over his door means something. You know like how people sometimes hide a key on the top of their door frame? (Well, I can't because I'm too short, but taller people can.) Maybe he was trying to tell her or remind her of something like that. But she would never know to look over a door (of his home, maybe ?), based on his message over his cell door, unless LE would tell her about what he wrote, which means they would see it first, duh! Plus, according to the ABC news link article, corrections officers could not easily see it, so what the heck could he have been thinking? He didn't think she'd actually come into his cell and see it? Makes no sense.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:03 pm

lol, Julie... I am wondering if he had some kind of a bunk???? I believe he was watched 24/7... if this is the case.. I wonder if he did the deed in bed, where he contained the blood and was able to write over the door, at an easy reach without being seen????
I cant see how he cud have did the deed, then wrote a message if he was in the standing position, especially right at the door????

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

AJ - I don't know. If he was only bleeding from his leg, did he keep on dabbing his finger into that blood? But upthread it says he sliced an artery in his leg (makes me cringe), wouldn't he be spurting blood? But yet was able to write 2 words? If he was on a bunk, I would think he would pass out or die soon from rapid blood loss, but yet after he wrote on the wall, then he climbed down from the bunk (or was he found in bed?) and put a bag over his head?

That doesn't quite sound right either.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Maybe he did a small cut first then did his artwork above the door so he could finish his last deed without bringing attention to himself.

Pocket.....that's interesting. I would like to know if it strikes any meaning with her. Her world was certainly shattered when he was arrested. He was a very cruel man and cold blooded killer. She had no clue.

Reminds me of a song:

"It's a real sad place to hang around
Inside the pocket of a clown..."
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:39 pm

"Ring around the rosey,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes, ashes,
We all fall down."

It would make a really good creepy movie.

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm

He was creepy.........he's a prime candidate for a brain study.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I think eva has the name of somebody. Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Good ole Dr. Perper!!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:05 pm

48 Hours/Mystery is covering the story of Markoff. It is on right now on CBS.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Here is a link to the 48 Hours episode about Markoff.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6791730n
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Craigslist Killer Commits Suicide in Jail. Body Language Signals of Psychopathic Behavior May Have Been Ignored By Ex Fiance

by drlillianglass
August 16, 2010

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell Craigs10

It comes as no surprise to me that Craigslist Killer medical student Philip Markoff finally did himself in. According to reports he put plastic bag over his head and smothered himself to death as well as cutting an artery so he would bleed to death.

When he was first arrested and put into custody, there were reports that he constantly picked at himself until he bled. In fact eyewitnesses stated that Markoff “started to pick at his ear” the day his Megan McAlister fiance at time visited him in jail.

His self mutilating body language spoke volumes. But what about his body language signals when he was dating and engaged to Megan? did they speak volumes as well or did Megan ignore them?

BODY LANGUAGE OF SELF MUTLIATION AS AN EMOTIONAL REACTION TO GETTING CAUGHT

Markoff’s picking at himself until he bled was a form of self mutilation. Because he was caught and finally trapped , it was a body language tell that indicated that he was punishing himself and displaying his self loathe for getting caught.

Markoff was so arrogant and thought he was so brilliant and clever at figuring out his brilliant plan to make an easy buck. He answered Craigslist ads placed by those engaged in offering sexual messages or services and robbed them. He was sure they wouldn’t protest or report him. After all, they were doing something illegal as well and didn’t want to get themselves in trouble by reporting illegal acts they were committing.

But when they protested, he killed them like he did with 26 yer old Juiana Brisman. Police found lots of evidence-panties he collected from his apartment from his victims along with plastic handcuffs, and a hollowed out Grey’s Anatomy book containing a gun- his murder weapon.

So when he was caught, he was bright enough to know that there was absolutely no way out. His self mutilation and self punishment reflects his anger at himself for not being so brilliant and for getting caught. This lead to his ultimate self punishment of killing himself. Because he was devoid of emotion as most psychopaths are, his emotional distress was revealed in his body picking.

He knew what lay ahead of him. So he took the easy way out and saved the state time and money and did the job himself. So now there is one less Toxic Man among us.

BODY LANGUAGE OF SHOCK

'Craigslist Killer' Found Dead in Cell Markof10

One of the significant body language tells that can be observed with Markoff can be seen when he was in the courtroom. He showed absolutely no emotion. His face was stoic and he barely moved .

Emotionally, through his facial expressions and body language , he showed a lack of remorse and a lack of guilt. This is very indicative of those with antisocial personality disorders. There was also no question that he was in shock when first capture , much like another very tall, intelligent and handsome fellow who allegedly killed several young women- Joran d er Sloot.

What these two miscreants have in common is that they were so arrogant and full of themselves and thought so highly of their own intelligence that they never thought they would ever get caught. So when they did get caught they were in complete physical shock. This dramatically showed in their bosy and facial language.

Read more: http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/2010/08/16/craigslist-killer-commits-suicide-in-jail-body-language-signals-of-psychopathic-behavior-may-have-been-ignored-by-ex-fiance/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down