Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox

4 posters

Go down

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox Empty A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox

Post by Snaz Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:39 pm

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox

By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo! Buzz
Friday, August 20, 2010, 2:37 PM

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox Blog_buzz_19kidscounting_duggers
The Duggar Family
Scott Enlow/TLC

You don't have to be a parent to know that a sick child can be, well, a bit hard to handle. Now imagine having 19 children, 12 of whom are suffering from chickenpox at the same time. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Duggar family.

RadarOnline.com scored an exclusive clip from the Duggar's reality show, "19 Kids and Counting." In the video, father Jim Bob Duggar explains how the outbreak started with daughter Johanna. One thing led to another, and now 12 of the kids are sporting itchy red spots.

Read more: http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/a-dozen-duggars-sick-with-the-chickenpox--1485
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox Empty Re: A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox

Post by Julie Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:50 pm

I assume none of them got the vaccination to prevent chicken pox?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox Empty Re: A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox

Post by sitemama Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Do they not know that once you have had the chicken pox, and are exposed again, you can actually get shingles, which are 1,000 times worse that chicken pox.

They definitely should ask their doctor about taking the shingles shot when they get older.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Wonderful world or not, to each his own. Frankly, I think they are out of their minds. Good thing for all those kids they were able to snag a reality show or else they'd be living a completely different kind of life. They surely wouldn't be posing in front of that sprawling ranch. I think the parents are cultish and odd. That's just my opinion.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Piper-did you see in the article they said they would welcome a 20th child? Shocked
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 am

I'm not so sure they wouldn't still have their home.... As I understand it, The Duggars were pretty well-to-do in their own right even before they got their reality show. Jim Bob and Michelle were both real estate agents and made their money from commercial investments.

They built their home as a family project.....

Constructing the New Duggar Home: A Family Project

The Duggar family is the focus of the reality show on The Learning Channel, 18 Kids and Counting. However, before they got their own show chronicling their lives in Tontitown, Arkansas, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar started imagining their dream home. They wanted a place where all their children could eat, sleep, study, pray, play and live without stepping on top of each other. They also envisioned a home where they could all sit down together and eat a family meal.

Most of all, the Duggars wanted their new home to be a learning project and a family affair that everyone can work on together. They put their noses to the grindstone and started designing their 7,000-square-foot home from top to bottom, inside and out, and they got what they wished for. TLC was even on hand while it was being built and when the family moved in, chronicling the events with the special, The Duggar Dream Home.

Staying Debt-Free

The Duggar family prides themselves on being debt-free and not using credit cards to pay for anything. Because the Duggars already owned the 20 acres their new home sits upon, there was no need to seek out loans to pay for the house. Instead of hiring contractors, they sought out family and friends to help construct the all-steel home, which was built from two do-it-yourself kits. Their appliances were purchased at auction for a mere fraction of the original $100,000 cost. They scavenged store and restaurant closings for items including a serving line and swing doors from a Kmart that went out of business and a canopy from Schlotzsky's Deli that shut down.

Through budgeting and saving, the Duggar family paid for a majority of the new construction and furnishings but received some sponsorship from the Campbell's Soup Company, Huggies Diapers, Home Depot, Sears and Home Decorations Collection among others. In an attempt to keep spending low, the family cooks most of their meals from scratch and makes their own laundry detergent, among other items.

http://reality-tv.lovetoknow.com/Duggar_Family_House

Their 650 square meters (7,000 square-foot) house was built by hand by the Duggar family themselves over the course of three years with minimal assistance from friends, primarily in the form of instruction. The home was completed on January 20, 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

Each to his own, and I certainly wouldn't want 19 kids (the two I have is just right for me), but I have to admire how they live their lives. I understand how they might seem cultish to some people, but they are a very close-knit family. And how many Americans live completely debt-free these days? They do for themselves, and I believe that is representative of the way Americans USED to live..... a long, long time ago.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 am

Good to know. I know how my parents suffered growing up with more than 10 kids in each family. Not to forget large gardens and canning, raising farm animals to feed everyone. Homesewn clothes and quilts. It was a hard life because they had so many mouths to feed. My mother was the youngest of 14. Her oldest sister (20yrs older) told her later in life the older kids were ashamed their Momma and Daddy were still making babies when the older ones were married and/or dating. So my view comes from personal accounts from my parents and their upbringing.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 am

I saw the Duggars' story on tv, and felt that they were much more down to Earth and self-reliant than the Gosselins. Plus, I can't stand Kate!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:24 pm

lol Julie.... I cantr watch Kate (except oon dancing with the stars where she was sooooo entertaining... the "Papp" dance was a hoot!

As a rule, I wud have never liked a show like the duggars but I have actually become quite attached to it... Once I found out that they had been established long before the show, I was glad that the kids werent being used as money makers....

What I personally like about the show so much, is seeing the family operate... I am refreshed to see so many ppl having such a strong family value, and unconditional love.. I like how such an unusually sized family, with old fashioned morals/values can exist in the world we live in today and somehow always fit in....

My favorite is umm, I cant think of his name but I know it starts with a J...???? lol

I wish them all a happy recovery, and suspect they are all being comforted by one another and making the best of it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

AJ - LOL, Kate.... Mad

I only watched a few episodes of the Duggars. Way different from the Gosselins!

Yeah, I know which kid you mean, starts with J, LOL.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Josh?
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 pm

LOL, it's one of these.....

Joshua James - March 3, 1988(21)
*Anna Renee Duggar - June 23, 1988 (Josh's Wife)(21)
*Mackynzie Renee Duggar - October 8, 2009 (Josh and Anna's Daughter)(2 mnths)
Jana Marie - January 20, 1990(19)
John-David - January 20, 1990(19)
Jill Michelle - May 17, 1991(18)
Jessa Lauren - November 4, 1992(17)
Jinger Nicole - December 21, 1993(16 as of Dec. 21, 09)
Joseph Garrett - January 20, 1995(14)
Josiah Matthew - August 28, 1996(13)
Joy-Anna - October 28, 1997(12)
Jedidiah Robert - December 30, 1998(11 as of Dec. 30 '09)
Jeremiah Robert - December 30, 1998(11 as of Dec. 30 '09)
Jason Michael - April 21, 2000(9)
James Andrew - July 7, 2001(8)
Justin Samuel - November 15, 2002(7)
Jackson Levi - May 23, 2004(5)
Johannah Faith - October, 11 2005(4)
Jennifer Danielle - August, 2 2007(2)
Jordyn-Grace Makiya - December, 18 2008(1 as of Dec. 18 '09)
Josie Brooklyn - December, 10 2009(3 Days)
*ages as of December 13, 2009*
* Jordyn and Josie will be the same age for 8 days in December due to Josie being pre mature - born at 24 weeks

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Hahaha, Ju-li..... I just came back to post the EXACT same post....

Great minds and all that! Laughing
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Cool Snaz & Julie Cool
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 pm

I have only ever seen their show one time, and my daughter was watching it with me, so she filled me in on some the details about the Duggars....

The more I learn about their family, the more impressed I am with them. They have raised (and are raising the younger ones still) with morals and values. That's something we don't see a whole heck of a lot these days... especially in that generation.

And it also warms my heart to see them making their kids work for the things they have. Even though I'm sure they could afford to, they don't just hand over all the little luxuries we have all come to take for granted in our lives today. I'm referring to things like cell phones, iPods, etc.

Please don't anyone misunderstand me. I'm not saying they don't have them. I'm saying I believe the kids work towards these things.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down