Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast

3 posters

Go down

Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast Empty Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast

Post by Julie Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast
At least four dead, 38 homes destroyed as fireball spreads through San Francisco suburb

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 1 hour 1 minute ago

SAN BRUNO, Calif. — As fire crews sprayed the ruins of burning homes Friday after a massive explosion and fire in a San Francisco suburb killed at least four people and destroyed several dozen homes, residents in the area told local NBC affiliate KNTV that they had complained about a natural gas smell for weeks.

Tim Gutierrez, who lives in the neighborhood, told KNTV that a representative from the utility PG&E was in the neighborhood last week and told people to shut their garage doors and stay inside as they looked into the complaint.

~~~

snipped:

Stephanie Mullen, Associated Press news editor for photos based in San Francisco, was attending children's soccer practice with her two children and husband at Crestmoor High School when she saw the blast at 6:14 p.m.

"First, it was a low deep roar and everybody looked up, and we all knew something big was happening," she said. "Then there was a huge explosion with a ball of fire that went up behind the high school several thousand feet into the sky.

"Everybody grabbed their children and ran and put their children in their cars," Mullen said. "It was very clear something awful had happened."

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39089768/ns/us_news/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast Empty Re: Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast

Post by Julie Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Some homes in gas blast 'too hot to enter'
Death toll of 4 could rise; 38 homes in San Francisco suburb destroyed

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 56 minutes ago

SAN BRUNO, Calif. — Hot embers kept search crews from entering some of the homes destroyed in the gas explosion and fire overnight in this San Francisco suburb, while residents came forward to say they had complained about a natural gas smell for weeks.

"Some residences remain too hot to enter," San Bruno Fire Chief Dennis Haag told reporters.

The death toll stands at four, but officials fear more bodies will be found when crews get into the 25 percent of homes that haven't been searched.

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39089768/ns/us_news/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast Empty Re: Residents: We smelled gas a week before deadly blast

Post by Piper Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:46 pm

This is awful! I can't even imagine the terror, because there is not a thing you can do about a gas explosion.

They've been installing new gas lines on our street and the street over since early spring. They still aren't finished. I can smell it outside sometimes and it scares me to death.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:39 pm

I sure hope Cali doesn't live anywhere near that disaster...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:58 am

Is Cali in northern CA? I sure hope it wasn't around her! It's truly a miracle more lives weren't lost in this explosion. What a tragedy.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:02 pm

This link has an interactive map for the fire area. If you zoom out, the fire area is on the west side of CA. When I see Cali on the RC map, I think she's usually more on the east side of CA, isn't she?

http://www.californiabeat.org/2010/09/10/interactive-map-homes-destroyed-damaged-by-san-bruno-fire

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:16 am

I see Cali on the Members list at 10:05pm yesterday, Saturday.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 am

Death toll in Calif. blast hits 7, police say
After day of conflicting numbers, authorities now say 6 considered missing

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 2 hours 10 minutes ago

SAN BRUNO, Calif. — The number of victims in the devastating blast and fire that hit this San Francisco suburb jumped late Saturday to seven with the discovery of three more sets of remains, the San Bruno police chief said.

In addition, said Police Chief Neil Telford, six people were now considered missing.

"Our hearts go out to the victims of this tragedy," Telford said in a statement. "This is devastating to so many families."

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39120986/ns/us_news-life/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 am

Re: Cali....Thanks, Jules...I was worried about her...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 am

Estee - you're welcome.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:38 am

Ditto.......thanks Jules. I was worried about her too.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 pm

you're welcome Piper, I just wish she would have left a post.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down