Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter

4 posters

Go down

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter Empty Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter

By Nicki Gostin
Posted Sep 15th 2010 08:00AM

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter 12845510

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter Yasbec10

Seven years ago, John Ritter collapsed unexpectedly on the set of his sitcom, '8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter,' and died later that day of an undiagnosed aortic dissection. His widow, actress Amy Yasbeck, has penned 'With Love and Laughter,' a beautiful and heartfelt memoir of her life with John that gives us a glimpse of what type of guy he really was. Turns out, he was as terrific as you thought. Ritter left behind three children from his first marriage and a daughter -- Stella, who turned five the day her dad died -- with Yasbeck.

Why did you decide to write this book?
I've been writing it in my head certainly since I've known John. I didn't know if I had it in me to get it all out and put it onto the page. When I met John, everything was a story, his childhood stories were fascinating [his father was country and western singer Tex Ritter], his showbiz stories were fascinating to me and he would share them very freely to anyone who would ask him questions. He was such an entertaining storyteller and I hoped to get some of that across. I wanted to share that part of John that was shareable and keep that going, the part that the kids and I got to see.

Was it cathartic?
Cathartic to me means some sort of purging, but for me it was about focusing. It was kind of nice to be able to organize my thoughts and be able to visit things in chapters and chunks, and I know I digress in every story I'm talking, but that's how John was and that's how I am. I was writing if for my daughter Stella and the rest of the world.

Read more: http://www.popeater.com/2010/09/15/amy-yasbeck-john-ritter-with-love-and-laughter/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter Empty Re: Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter

Post by Julie Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 pm

I liked John Ritter in 8 Simple Rules & in Three's Company. I remember when he died, it was so unexpected, and it was worse that it was on his daughter's 5th birthday. Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter Empty Re: Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter

Post by Justice4all Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Three's Company was one of my favorites. It was sad that John died so young. I'm probably going to read Amy's book when I get a chance.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 pm

Three's Company came out in 1977, and I remember not being allowed to watch it No because I was only turning 10, LOL. I had to wait til the 80's, Rolling Eyes and I remember watching reruns of it in '83, during the summer, in the morning before I went to driver's ed. Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter 180611
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Justice4all wrote:Three's Company was one of my favorites. It was sad that John died so young. I'm probably going to read Amy's book when I get a chance.

J4a, you know how long it took you to read the book about KC, and you had to get sick in order to finish it! roflao

We don't want you getting sick and having to spend a lot of time in doctor's offices in order to read this book. Maybe you could get the concise version. hehehe
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 am

Hi Julie. I was allowed to watch as a kid, but didn't start watching until Terri was the third roommate. Even though many of the jokes went over my head as an 8 or 9 year old, I still found the show very funny because of John's facial expressions and how good he was with the physical comedy.

Hi mama. I'll probably rent the book from the library and put pressure on myself to finish it in a reasonable amount of time lol. Speaking of the book about KC, I have to figure out whose copy I have and return it.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:21 am

Well, I'm old enough to remember watching the first season! I already had my driver's license.....Laughing

Absolutely loved the show, hated to see Suzanne Somers leave. John was a natural, he had such a unique talent. Everything they did was just hilarous. My mom loved watching it as well, we would laugh so hard at his antics. From seeing Amy talk in an interview yesterday it seems they had a beautiful, loving relationship.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 am

Hey J4A, you're right, John's facial expressions and physical comedy is what made it a great show. When it first came out, I remember there was a big flap in the news media about this new show, about a single guy living with 2 girls, Shocked affraid , LOL, so I guess that's why I couldn't watch it when it was brand new, nobody knew what it's good points were. Amy Yasbeck Reflects on 7 Years Without John Ritter 5368

Ask eva what happens when you don't return a book. hehehe
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Piper, did you ever watch the Suzanne Somers movie? That was pretty interesting about how fame went to her bleached-blonde head & she blew a great thing she had going. I think her hubby (bf?) pushed her into demanding more $$$$$.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 am

Yep, I sure did. Suzanne got too big for her tight little britches. I was glad the show continued with replacements though. But Chrissy Snow was always part of the original show for me and I hated to see her go. Fame $$$ was calling......kinda like Shelley Long and Cheers. Shelley went on to do what...play Carol Brady in the Brady Bunch movie? She was funny on Cheers, and did a great job as Mrs. Brady, and her quirky personality helped carry the show.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 am

Suzanne went on to sell thigh masters.

Shelley was hilarious as Carol Brady. Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down