Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book

+7
sitemama
Ann - Tx
Sam(removed site name)
Julie
Cali
Justice4all
Piper
11 posters

Go down

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book Empty Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book

Post by Piper Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 am

Amazon pulls pedophile book, offers no explanation

– 59 mins ago
November 11, 2010

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Amazon, after a deluge of criticism and boycott threats, withdrew a digital book called "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure" from sale on Thursday but offered no explanation for the move.

The self-published book for Amazon's Kindle by a Phillip R. Greaves was no longer available in the Seattle-based retail giant's online store and the hundreds of comments from outraged customers had also been removed.

A search for the book on Amazon.com returned a listing of the title for the controversial book but no purchase price, and when clicked on it responded that it was no longer a functioning Web page.

In a statement distributed to TechCrunch and other technology blogs on Wednesday, Amazon defended the sale of the book, whose full title is "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct."

"Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable," it said.

Read more:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101111/ts_alt_afp/usitcompanybooksinternetamazon
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book Empty Re: Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book

Post by Piper Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:27 am

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book The-pe10

The Pedophile’s Guide To Love And Pleasure Folks are pretty up in arms today about this book by Philip Greaves about how to be a better - i.e., slightly less molesty - pedophile. According to TechCrunch, The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure is the 158,221st best-selling book on the Kindle, hopefully because of the low $4.79 price and not because of the content.

From the author’s description:

“This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/the-pedophiles-guide-to-love-and-pleasure
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:38 am

#*&*$@%&....you gotta be kidding! Amazon, shame on you. Maybe I need to curtail my internet shopping with your company.
This is outrageous.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 am

It is outrageous! Now he's under police protection. How freakin' ironic is that. What about the children that are not protected from people such as this sick SOB.

Pedophile manual author under Colorado Springs Police protection

Updated: 10:37 AM Nov 12, 2010

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book Greave10
Phillip R. Greaves II

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKCO) - Police are aware of at least one threat against Phillip R. Greaves II that was posted on-line after the story about his book aired Wednesday.

The book, called “The Pedophile’s Guide To Love And Pleasure”, drew national attention-- and outrage.

It was being sold on Amazon. But Amazon bowed to the pressure by people pushing for a boycott for distributing it.

The book had more than 2,000 “reviews,” virtually all of them negative.

There was also a Facebook page: “Boycott Amazon.com for Selling How-To Guide for Pedophile." More than 2,200 people say they like that idea.

Amazon initially defended its sale of the book because it “believes it is censorship not to sell certain titles because we believe their message is objectionable.”

Greaves says the response to his book is a "knee-jerk reaction" to its title by people who have not read it. But also says he’s learned controversy sells books: prior to Wednesday, he’d sold one copy. After the story hit national news, CBS News reported he sold more than 3,000.

Greaves said he’s not a pedophile, and he added, “The word ‘pedophile,’ I believe, means somebody who loves children, OK? And you’re not somebody who loves children if you’re raping and murdering and killing them.” He also says, “Anything such as kissing, fondling, that sort of thing I don’t think is that serious of a problem.”

Colorado Springs Police Detective Daniel Anderson says the department is working with Pueblo police to protect Greaves.

He said, "As we started speaking with him we did ask for a copy of the book because we wanted to know what he wrote and kind of see what he's been putting out. Throughout the day he's now starting to get threats through the media, not from the media, but through the website, people posting his address and folks are making inadvertent threats . So, we felt it upon ourselves that even though he's put something out there that none of us agree with, we still have to protect him."

Greaves says he published the book to address what he considers unfair portrayals of pedophiles in the media. He says "true pedophiles love children and would never hurt them."

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/107448743.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 am

He's also being investigated as well:

Police investigate author of pedophile guide

Associated Press
Saturday, November 13, 2010

~Snipped~

The book, "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct," includes first-person descriptions of such encounters, purportedly written from a child's point of view.

Amazon has declined comment. Greaves also declined an interview but told the Smoking Gun website on Wednesday that he suffers from depression and that he had sexual contact with children while still a child himself. The website said that when asked if he had engaged in sexual acts with children as an adult, Greaves first said "could have" before saying that he hadn't.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/12/MN2S1GB81D.DTL#ixzz15B8tsgyx
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:50 pm

HIP HIP HOORAY!! THE SICK S.O.B. HAS BEEN ARRESTED!!

Phillip Greaves arrested: Judge sets bail for 'Pedophile's Guide' author

December 22, 2010|By Anika Myers Palm, Orlando Sentinel

A Polk County judge today said he wouldn't lower the $15,000 bail for a Colorado man who was extradited to Florida to face obscenity charges.

An attorney for Phillip R. Greaves II, 47, of Pueblo, Colo., told Judge John Kirkland that Greaves could not pay the bail. The Wednesday hearing was Greaves' first appearance before a Florida judge since he was booked into the Polk County jail about 11 a.m. Tuesday.

Greaves had been arrested Monday at his home in Colorado. He is facing a charge of distribution of obscene material depicting minors engaged in conduct harmful to minors, a third degree felony. The charge is related to his book The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct.

Read more:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-12-22/news/os-pedophile-guide-author-polk-jail-20101221_1_judge-sets-polk-detectives-arrest-warrant
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:01 pm

~Snipped~

"Polk detectives learned about the book during the controversy and ordered one from Greaves for $50. After the former nurse's aide sent a signed copy to an address within the jurisdiction of the sheriff's office, detectives obtained a warrant for his arrest.

Polk Sheriff Grady Judd has been an outspoken opponent of child predators.

After receiving the book Dec. 8, Polk detectives contacted a judge, who issued an arrest warrant.

Greaves waived his right to fight the extradition to Florida."

Sheriff Grady Judd - I'd like to shake your hand! Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book 904296 praise
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Extradicted author cites entrapment, speech rights

'Clearly, in our opinion, he's a pedophile,' Sheriff Judd says

Published: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 7:36 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 7:36 a.m.
( page of 4 )

BARTOW - Claiming entrapment, free speech and a complete misunderstanding of his book, 47-year-old Phillip Ray Greaves was booked into the Polk County Jail on Tuesday morning.

Greaves faces a third-degree felony charge of Distribution of Obscene Material Depicting Minors Engaged in Conduct Harmful to Minors, as a result of having sent a copy of his book, "The Pedophile's Guide to Love & Pleasure," to undercover deputies in Polk County.

According to arrest affidavits, his book describes two separate stories with graphic sex scenes between men and boys, ages 9 and 13.

However, Greaves said, his book has been unfairly characterized as an instruction manual for how to abuse children. Instead, he said, the book is meant to help pedophiles "avoid taking actions that would cause them to be arrested."

He said the book tells people "what they can go about to improve their own lives," so people now being incarcerated can be rehabilitated.

In excerpts from the book, Greaves states his belief that pedophiles feel great affection for children, care for and befriend them, and should honor a child's or juvenile's physical, emotional, and intellectual limitations.

Excerpts also state that pedophiles would prefer long-term relationships with young people, but conceal their acts to avoid prosecution.

Asked Tuesday what he considers appropriate conduct between pedophiles and children, Greaves said "playing around, hanging out, whatever the child tolerates," which he clarified to mean what the child "welcomes."

"Children usually protest when they don't like something, unless they're afraid," he said.

Read more:
http://www.newschief.com/article/20101222/NEWS/12225007/1021/news01?Title=Extradicted-author-cites-entrapment-speech-rights
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:33 pm

"Children usually protest when they don't like something, unless they're afraid," he said.

This is a terrifying statement, everything he says makes my blood boil. I believe in free speech, and I'm sure people will be on the bandwagon supporting him. But I'm happy it's gone down this way and hope the charges stick. Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book 995649
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Piper wrote:"Children usually protest when they don't like something, unless they're afraid," he said.

This is a terrifying statement, everything he says makes my blood boil. I believe in free speech, and I'm sure people will be on the bandwagon supporting him. But I'm happy it's gone down this way and hope the charges stick. Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book 995649
I agree Piper. I also have a problem with the following statement:

"Asked Tuesday what he considers appropriate conduct between pedophiles and children, Greaves said "playing around, hanging out, whatever the child tolerates," which he clarified to mean what the child "welcomes."

Pedophiles shouldn't be anywhere near children, but the author is condoning it. When he says whatever the child tolerates or welcomes, it almost sounds like he is telling peds to stop if a child protests, but go ahead and molest them if they don't protest.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Piper wrote:"Children usually protest when they don't like something, unless they're afraid," he said.

I agree Piper. I also have a problem with the following statement:

"Asked Tuesday what he considers appropriate conduct between pedophiles and children, Greaves said "playing around, hanging out, whatever the child tolerates," which he clarified to mean what the child "welcomes."

Pedophiles shouldn't be anywhere near children, but the author is condoning it. When he says whatever the child tolerates or welcomes, it almost sounds like he is telling peds to stop if a child protests, but go ahead and molest them if they don't protest.

It also sounds like one big mind game against the child. Kind of like once the child is comfortable enough around the ped, they may be less likely to protest, because now the child has gotten to know them, probably likes them, and TRUSTS them.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 pm

That's just it, Julie. It's called grooming...
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 am

Disgusting, isn't it?
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 am

That's why I believe once a pedophile/molester/rapist is arrested, they should never, ever have another chance to be around another child. I say life in prison for all these sick monsters.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam(removed site name) Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:32 am

My name is Sam Ferris and I am a registered sex offender in San Jose, Ca. This was for consentual sex with a 15 and 17 year old in 1984. My IQ is 144. You can see the details of my situation if you register at the web site in my name (you dont actually have to register just start the process).

Anyway I just want to discuss some issues with individuals, such as yourselves, who would provide a very anti sex offender postion to see what arguments I might have to counter in another constitutional challenge to the statutory rape laws (15 and above basically). If you just want to devolve into one line insults I'll go elsewhere, if you want intelligent discussion with statistical evidence or cites to professional opinions fine.

Anyway why do you feel, if you do, that all sexual activity between someone over 30 and someone under 18 is harmfull to the individual under 18. For example there is a recent case (google "hummer mom") where a 40 year old female paid 13 year old boys money to have sex, like 60 times. Do you take the position that these boys were harmed and if so why? It would seem to me that when I was 13 if an older female was willing to have sex with me AND pay me for it I would have benifited not once but twice.

Sam(removed site name)
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Here's a one liner for ya, Sam.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Sam, I think you are on the wrong site! Reality Chatter supports justice for abused, missing and murdered children. It is not a forum for registered sex offenders!

I have no desire to discuss anything with you. I joined Reality Chatter to seek justice for the abused, missing and/or murdered. Are you trying to turn this in to a platform or forum for yourself?

I think all sex offenders should be sentenced to life without parole! They are sick and disgusting! If they rape, molest, or kill a child under age 18, they should be sentenced to death!

Have you sought professional help? By law, a child can not legally consent to sex!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam(removed site name) Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 pm

In some states that is correct, lets not forget that the age of consent is 16 in alaska, 14 in China, France and Spain (12 in the Vatican). Is everyone in these countries insane or crazy if they have sex with someone legal in their area?

And the actual reason adolecent teenagers cannot consent to sex is .... ?

Well I also do not wish to see innocent childern murdered or forceably raped, who would? I would vote as a jury member also to put to death someone who murdered a child (or an adult as well ...), if it was 100 percent sure they committed the crime.

I'm a consentual sex offender, I don't belive in using violence to force others to my will and what justification is there for murder?

But I think our solutions to the problem of murdered child witnesses (they are killed not as part of sex but because they can testify against the sex offender and put them in prison for life), will be much different.

Recently California, acting upon wishes of people like yourself, passed a first strike kind of law allowing for life sentences for those who commit certian sex crimes against childern. My opinion is that this will cause MORE, not LESS, murders of innocent childern as no resonable person will commit one of those crimes and not take steps to reduce the possibility of detection. Shurely the frist time a parent murders their child to cover up a sex crime people will take a different look at the situation. And when the penalty for a sex offence is the same as the penalty murder what is the downside? If the penalty for sex was 5 years and the penalty for murder was life a rational person would be stupid to turn a sex crime into a murder - is that not resonable.

Notice that no Pedophile Priest ever killed his victim - why is that do you think?

Nice one liner but I have heard a lot better:

You can debate or not, considering my site gets 500 visits a day and I have threads that have over 250,000 views Ill just find somewhere else. If you don't that just supports my position that your side is just not interested in intelligent discussion as to the best method to reduce the number of violent acts against childern. Or in the case of adolencents your side feels that you have the right to put a gun to the head of a 14 year old and tell them who they can or cannot have sex with, whereas I favor free choice.

And neither of you have answered even the first question were the 13 year old boys in any way harmed by getting paid for sex with a 40 year old women?

I have no desire to discuss anything with you.
Have you looked at your signature lately?

And another question, you say that anyone who has sex with someone under 18 should go to prison for life, If you take to position that if a 17 year old who rapes a 4 year old should go to prison for life then at just what age do you feel that a person is to young to go to prison for life, for raping a 4 year old? Would you put a 10 year old in prison for life if they rape a 4 year old?

Sam(removed site name)
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Samdeathwalkerdotcom,

Do you have the permission of the Reality Chatter Site Owner or the Site Administrators of this site to come on this site and promote your blog and your agenda?

I would not dare click on the Links you provided. They could be loaded with viruses or whatever.

I hope other members here do not click on the Links you provided. They are not from main stream media and may not be safe!

I have no desire to have any discussions with a SO!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Thank you Ann and Piper, I totally agree with both of you.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:05 am

So, SDW thinks its OK to exploit children for his own sexual pleasure, eh? Obviously, he is not talking about marriage to the child and sex within that sacred union as is culturally accepted in many parts of the world where the spouse would be under the in-laws' thumb-one doesn't hurt the child bride-hell to pay. Plus, one would find themselves a eunich or dead for raping a child in these same cultures! I don't give a rat's patooty about your mensa degree, SDW. You are still a freak and an idiot without common sense or common decency. I know where your mind is located and it isn't above your shoulders.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 am

Amazon Pulls Pedophile Book 179695 Sherry.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 am

Is there a way to avoid reading certain comments on this site?

Children under the age of 18 are just that....children. They do not legally make decisions for themselves. No sensible adult would ever touch a child in an improper way!!!

Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:15 am

Julie, you can go to your profile and I think if you mark someone as an enemy, you will be able to block their comments, I think. Ann sent a pm to J4a and I'm sure he will take care of this sick SO (or should I say sick (SOB).
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:39 am

Sam......as owner of RC (along with J4A) I am seriously offended by not only your comments but even your presence here. Your posts are just sickening to me. I believe most of the members here do or would...feel the same. I will be banning your membership. There aren't too many things that can get you banned here at RC but being a sick son of a bitch...it DEFINITELY one of them. AND I do believe that is what you are. Having sex with a 14 or 15 yr old???? You call yourself intelligent? You make me want to puke!

~Fysty~
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 am

Thank you, FystyAngel and J4A!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:43 am

Fysty you rock! I knew you would feel the same way all the rest of us felt when we read this sick SOB's posts.

Thank you very much for being up so late and taking care of this as quickly as you did. I love you lady!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:06 am

I second the sentiments of sitemama's! Thank you, Fysty!
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 pm

You all are very welcome. We have a few names for people like him....PIG MONSTER, etc. I know that we are supposed to "welcome" all new members but....NOT pieces of shit like him. Damn, it pissed me off so bad to read that garbage that he wrote. He's a prime example of what our children have to watch out for. He's as bad (in my book) as the pig who wrote that damned book!

I had a neighbor that basically has the same story. He was caught with his 15 yr old babysitter. He went to jail for a while then got out and did the SAME thing again...with another babysitter! He tried justifying it by saying they loved him! Made me want to puke. IMO a 15 yr old can not make decisions like that. The pig monster convinced them that they "were in love". Thank God that their parents pressed charges.

As if that wasn't bad enough, two of his sons were caught at their schools, kissing & making out with younger children. No one wanted to cause a ruckus, so the boys were just transferred to different schools.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Chester the Molester is still rotting in Raiford and that's fine with me...Kiddy pornographers and child molesters are on my go straight to jail...do not pass GO ...do not collect 200 dollars...Guilty till proven innocent list.....
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm glad you took care of him Fysty. Chester Sam can take his spam somewhere else.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm

J4a, he can't even get on here as a guest and read, right?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Mama, I blocked the IP address he has been using, but I can't stop him from logging on as a guest from a computer at a different location.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks J4a for your explanation.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

[quote="Piper"]"Children usually protest when they don't like something, unless they're afraid," he said.

barf barf barf

I was three years old when a molester took me into the woods. barf barf barf
I didn't protest. I didn't know I could. barf barf barf

Now that I'm an adult, I can protest against pedophiles. barf

J4A, Fysty, I apologize for making a mess here. It was beyond me.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down