Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mohamed Harkat Says He's Devastated By Court Finding Him a Terror Threat

Go down

Mohamed Harkat Says He's Devastated By Court Finding Him a Terror Threat Empty Mohamed Harkat Says He's Devastated By Court Finding Him a Terror Threat

Post by eva Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Mohamed Harkat Says He's Devastated By Court Finding Him a Terror Threat

at 19:55 on December 10, 2010, EST. Jim Bronskill, The Canadian Press

Share|OTTAWA - A tearful Mohamed Harkat and his wife Sophie vowed Friday to press on with their marathon legal fight following a Federal Court ruling that declared the Ottawa man a threat to Canadian security. Harkat told a news conference he was shaken by the decision, which brings him a significant step closer to deportation to his native Algeria. He plans to appeal.

"I can't sleep. I'm not thinking straight, I have pain in my stomach," said Harkat, repeatedly dabbing at his eyes during the emotional session. Harkat, a former gas station attendant and pizza delivery man, was arrested eight years ago Friday under a national security certificate on suspicion of being an al-Qaida sleeper agent. He denies any involvement in terrorism. Flanked by Harkat's lawyers and a clutch of supporters, Sophie called the ruling a "punch in the guts that will leave marks" for a long time.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/OG0038.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down