Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows

2 posters

Go down

Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows Empty Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows

Post by eva Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am

Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows

at 06:00 on December 20, 2010, EST.
The Canadian Press

GUELPH, Ont. - There's a reason female squirrels are so promiscuous and it can't be blamed on their mothers. As it turns out, the randy rodents mostly sleep with whoever shows up, according to researchers at the University of Guelph.

Whether a female squirrel picks one mate or 14 __ the highest one-day tally recorded in the study __ has little to do with genetics, said Eryn McFarlane, a graduate student at the university and the project's lead researcher.

"It's due to their environment, to what they encounter," she said. Namely, how many male squirrels are around at the time, she added.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/TG1645.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows Empty Re: Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows

Post by eva Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 am

hehehe I just love how they use the word "sleep" ~ somehow I think that word isn't eggzactly accurate in this case ~ roflao
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows Empty Re: Promiscuous Squirrels Sleep With Every Potential Mate, Study Shows

Post by Piper Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:30 am

hehehe Never heard tale of squirrels sleeping around. Hilarious! 14 in one day, dayam!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down