Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

+10
TigerMom
Cali
Justice4all
truthbtold
sitemama
KariBear
Julie
Sherry
Piper
Maat
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

Post by KariBear Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm

I watched the vid of her being "arrrested" and evidence being removed and there's one thing I don't get. Why wasn't she handcuffed?
KariBear
KariBear

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder

Post by KariBear Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry folks, here's the link.

http://www.khou.com/video/featured-videos/Police-question-suspect-gather-evidence-in-case-of-missing-12-year-old--112613524.html
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 pm

HLN just reported that this woman is a friend of the stepfather. And there may be another man involved.
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks, KB! I read there was a video of this but I couldn't find it.

I don't know why she isn't handcuffed. Good sized woman, just an observance. Can anyone tell what the evidence was? A shovel with a bag over the end?
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 pm

This is horrid and so evil. Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Maybe she wasn't arrested yet, just taking her in for questioning. If that was the case, she would not have been placed in handcuffs.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 pm

I am hearing that she may not be the one arrested. Another woman may be the one arrested. It is a great big mess! I hope they resolve it soon and this child gets justice.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Woman charged with capital murder in case of missing boy

By LINDSAY WISE and SUSAN CARROLL
Copyright 2010 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Houston, TX
Dec. 29, 2010, 9:50PM

A family acquaintance has been charged with capital murder in the death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster.

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, was arrested Wednesday morning at her home, police said.

A break in the case came Nelson’s truck was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the culvert where a body believed to be Jonathan’s was found in the 9900 block of East Hardy on Tuesday.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences has yet to identify the badly burned body as Jonathan’s, who disappeared before 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve, but the police investigators say they’re convinced the body is his.

Police questioned Jonathan's mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis, overnight Monday and spent hours sorting through conflicting statements from family members, neighbors and friends to establish a timeline for Jonathan's disappearance on Christmas Eve, investigators said

Angela Davis crumpled into a couch this afternoon in the small cottage in northwest Houston where her son was last seen alive, pulling her pajama-clad knees to her chest.

Read more:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:52 am

A charge in boy's death, but motive elusive
A woman who's an acquaintance of Jonathan Foster's mother is held in the slaying

By LINDSAY WISE and SUSAN CARROLL
HOUSTON CHRONICLE - Houston, TX
Dec. 30, 2010, 12:16AM

A family acquaintance has been charged with capital murder in the death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, a Houston boy who police say was kidnapped from his home on Christmas Eve before being killed, badly burned and dumped in a ditch.

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, was arrested Wednesday morning at her home.

"Mona Nelson has made what investigators call a self-serving statement, which places her with Jonathan. However, she has not admitted to killing him," said HPD spokesman Kese Smith. "She is the only suspect."

Jonathan disappeared before 2 p.m. on Friday. Smith said the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences late Wednesday identified a body found in a culvert Tuesday near East Hardy and Schilder Drive as Jonathan's. No signs of a fire were near his body, indicating he had been burned elsewhere.

A break in the case came when Nelson's Ford F-150 truck was spotted on surveillance video taken from an office building near the culvert.

Investigators spent hours Wednesday questioning Nelson. They believe she took Jonathan to her home near U.S. 59 and Laura Koppe, where she likely killed him and burned his body, said HPD homicide investigator Mike Miller.

He said a search of Nelson's house turned up an "incredible amount of evidence" that points to Nelson as the killer, but investigators are still trying to discern her motive.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 am

KariBear Yesterday at 1:32 pm
~~~~~~~
You are welcome, KariBear!

Yes, I sleep with my laptop and post in my sleep! LOL

I think it is so wonderful that FystyAngel has this awesome site, Reality Chatter, where attention can be given to the various cases.

Also, I know Justice4All and Snaz put a lot of work into this site.

Thank all of you for your dedication to the missing, murdered and abused.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:22 am

Woman charged in 12-year-old boy's death

KTRK - Houston, TX
Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman has been charged with capital murder in connection with the disappearance and death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster. He had been missing since Christmas Eve.

Mona Nelson spent hours Wednesday at HPD headquarters downtown being questioned by police. They told us she admits to being with Jonathan Foster, but that she does not admit to killing him. Nelson, 44, has been charged with capital murder and is in custody with no bond.

Police told us that the results of an autopsy Wednesday revealed that a burned body found Tuesday morning about five miles away from the family apartment on North Shepherd and 43rd Street was identified as Jonathan Foster.

Jonathan's mother spent the day holed up in the tiny apartment where her son was last seen, only emerging to let her dog out. Earlier in the day, she was clearly frustrated.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821
~~~~~~

Article & Video

In the video, the reporter interviewed Jonathan's uncle in Springfield, MO. Jonathan lived with his aunt and uncle for 4 years on a farm.

Jonathan's uncle said Angela Davis, Jonathan's mother, has a history of drugs, narcotics and alcohol.

Poor little Jonathan was shuffled around in his short little life. I hope his 4 years in Missouri were happy ones.

Note: Under the video box, there are numerous videos you can watch regarding this case as it unfolded. Also, there are related articles on the page. Under each video, there are articles.

~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace, Jonathan! ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:40 am

~Snipped~
"I feel responsible because I left him here," she said, crying and staring blankly at the front door. "I'm his mama. I'm supposed to protect him."

She knew little about the fate of her son, nicknamed J.P. for Jonathan Paul, and sometimes called "Frog" by his aunt for the stick-skinny legs he had as a newborn.

She did know that police had a woman in custody, someone she said she'd met only once, on the night of Jonathan's disappearance.

Nelson was friends with her roommate and Jonathan's frequent babysitter, Sharon Ennamorato. Ennamorato described Nelson as a friend who used to work in maintenance at an apartment complex across the street.

On Friday morning, both Davis and Ennamorato had to work, and Jonathan was going to stay home alone until his mom could make it home, around 1 or 2 p.m. They said they left Jonathan with specific instructions: He was not to leave the house, which is nestled next to an apartment complex on Oak Street in northwest Houston. If he had any problems, he should run next door and tell his neighbor.

Davis had moved into the little cottage with Ennamorato on Dec. 14, after she and Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, split up. She said he had gotten angry and slapped the boy. Davis considered taking Jonathan to her mother's house, she said, but she didn't want to uproot him when he'd just started classes at Durham Elementary School in November.

That morning at work, a colleague told Davis her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.

Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Davis made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.

Concerned, Davis called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

A woman answered, she said, and Davis identified herself and asked to speak her son. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?" she said.

And she heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela." And then the phone went dead.

When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.

"I hollered, 'Jonathan, mama's home! Where are you?'" There was no answer.

"The only thing missing in this house is his tan T-shirt with a guitar on it, a pair of jeans, his white sneakers and his black stuffed cat that my grandmother made him," Davis said. "There was no struggle."

That night, she said, Nelson stopped by the house. She told Davis she had come to the house that morning looking for Ennamorato, and that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.

This is so sad. Poor Jonathan. Sad

This Nelson woman actually stopped by there and put herself at the house earlier in the day. Angela didn't even know the woman. I guess it could be over drugs or Nelson and Ennamorato had some kind of relationship and she wasn't happy about Angela living there. If she had Jonathan call his mom at work to get Ennamorato's work number, there was a grudge of some kind. Just a thought, my personal opinion only.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:49 am

Ann - thank you for all of the updates.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 am

Geez! This is just pitiful. The child did nothing wrong. And, at this time, the mom did nothing wrong. Bad history with the mom, for sure, but nothing current.
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:59 am

I know Maat. I have to give the mom credit for leaving the husband for slapping Jonathan. Then not wanting to send him back to relatives because he had just started at a new school. In her own way, she was trying to do the right thing it seems. So, so sad.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:01 am

http://www.ultimatealdine.com/stories/225417-only-suspect-jailed-in-christmas-killing-in-houston
'Only suspect' jailed in Christmas killing in Houston

... On Friday morning, both Davis and Ennamorato had to work, and Jonathan was going to stay home alone until his mom could make it home, around 1 or 2 p.m. They said they left Jonathan with specific instructions: He was not to leave the house, which is nestled next to an apartment complex on Oak Street in northwest Houston. If he had any problems, he should run next door and tell his neighbor.

Davis had moved into the little cottage with Ennamorato on Dec. 14, after she and Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, split up. She said he had gotten angry and slapped the boy. Davis considered taking Jonathan to her mother's house, she said, but she didn't want to uproot him when he'd just started classes at Durham Elementary School in November.

That morning at work, a colleague told Davis her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.

Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Davis made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.

Concerned, Davis called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

A woman answered, she said, and Davis identified herself and asked to speak her son. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?" she said.

And she heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela." And then the phone went dead.

When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.

"I hollered, 'Jonathan, mama's home! Where are you?'" There was no answer.

"The only thing missing in this house is his tan T-shirt with a guitar on it, a pair of jeans, his white sneakers and his black stuffed cat that my grandmother made him," Davis said. "There was no struggle."

That night, she said, Nelson stopped by the house. She told Davis she had come to the house that morning looking for Ennamorato, and that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him. ...
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 am

And the stepdad put himself there at 1:45, he said he was playing a video game when he checked on him. Throw that back in there and it's even more confusing.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 am

I don't have time to post these links like they should be posted. I will come back later today and do it correctly. I guess I'll use a separate box for each one.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html
Houston Chronicle Houston, Tx 12-30-10

Police: Suspect admitted dumping body in Christmas killing
By DALE LEZON HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Dec. 30, 2010, 8:28AM
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7871218
KTRK Houston, TX 12-30-10

RAW VIDEO: Mona Nelson's probable cause hearing
~~~~~~
Note: Due to medical issues, Nelson was not able to be at the hearing.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:40 am

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821
KTRK Houston, TX 12-30-10

New details revealed in case of missing 12-year-old
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:46 am

Police: Suspect admitted dumping body in Christmas killing
By DALE LEZON HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Dec. 30, 2010, 8:28AM

A woman accused in the death of a 12-year-old boy who disappeared Christmas Eve and whose charred remains were found in a ditch nearly a week later has admitted she dumped the body, according to authorities.

Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, is charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan Paul Foster, who vanished from his northwest Houston home about 2 p.m. Friday.

Nelson was arrested Wednesday at her apartment and had been scheduled to appear in a court hearing this morning, but officials said she had a medical issue and was not brought to the courtroom. They didn't release details of her condition.

Authorities detailed evidence against Nelson to allow a hearing officer to determine if prosecutors had enough information to have arrested her. She was ordered held without bond, which is common in capital murder cases.

Prosecutors said Nelson admitted to police that she was the driver of a silver pickup who got out of the truck and discarded Jonathan's body in the ditch in the 9902 East Hardy near Schilder.

Surveillance cameras at a business near the spot where the body was discovered had recorded her images, prosecutors said.

They also said investigators found burned carpet at Nelson's home and discovered twine that appeared to match the string that was used to bind Jonathan's hands.

She also was identified by a witness as the woman seen Friday at the Fosters' small cottage near an apartment complex on Oak.

Read more from Ann's link:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 am

Now they are reporting that Angela may have known this beast for a few days.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 am

Police: Woman charged in boy's death admits to dumping body, denies murder

Updated today at 10:17 AM

HOUSTON – Police say a 44-year-old woman charged with capital murder in the kidnapping and death of a 12-year-old Houston boy admitted to discarding a body, but said she didn’t kill the child.

Mona Yvette Nelson, a maintenance worker for several area apartment complexes, was arrested and charged on Wednesday.

Investigators believe she kidnapped, killed and burned the body of Jonathan Foster on Christmas Eve.

Foster had been left alone at his mother’s apartment while she and her roommate worked that day.

Homicide investigator Mike Miller said investigators believe Nelson took the boy to her home, where she likely killed him and burned his body.

Investigators said a search of Nelson’s home turned up a "boatload" of evidence, but they were still working to determine a motive.

Jonathan’s mother, Angela Davis, said she’d met Nelson only once, on the night of her son’s disappearance.

Read more:
http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 am

There are so many twists and turns in this case. It's difficult to follow with all the variations on the details. What sticks in my head is that the SD initially said I know he's been snatched and I went HIM to return him. He refers to a HIM a few times and there was a report that HPD was lookinng for a man in connection. I'm still not convinced that SD doesn't know more like what the motive is. jmo of course.
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

KB, I'm wondering if the stepfather is involved, too. He was there and left. If the mother moved away from him for slapping her son why would he then stop by the house she was living in?

OK, just saw stepfather on HLN and am pretty sure he is not involved. He said there are no more christmases for the family now. He even talked as though Jonathan was his own son. He said he never knew this woman but only saw her once before.
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Sherry, I find him to be FOS. He barely knew the boy. I'm just not buying it.
KariBear
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  - Page 2 Mona-n10
Mona Yvette Nelson

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 pm

I feel there was some issue between this thing and the babysitter. If Angela was telling the truth about the phone call, Nelson didn't know Angela's name until Jonathan confirmed it, or was she just confirming he was Angela's son......very difficult to wrap my mind around what could cost this boy his life in such a horrific manner. I can't imagine his fear and terror.

"Davis said she heard a woman ask her son, "Is your mama’s name Angela?" And then heard Foster say, "Yes ma’am, my mama’s name is Angela," before the line went dead."

And Nelson didn't even have to attend her probable cause hearing because of health issues!!
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Slain Boy's Stepdad Has Harsh Words For Suspect
Dec. 30, 2010:

The stepfather of a 12-year-old boy who police say was kidnapped on Christmas Eve and killed has harsh words for the woman charged in the crime.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26318956/index.html
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Woman Charged In Boy's Death Has Criminal Record
Dec. 30, 2010:

The woman suspected of kidnapping a 12-year-old boy on Christmas Eve and killing him has a lengthy criminal record. Jennifer Bauer reports.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26318956/index.html

Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm

The above video states she was a welder, and they confiscated welding equipment and welding gloves. The earlier report states there was burned carpet. I know I've read that it's more difficult than one thinks to burn a body in a fire. She did this in her apartment, with a direct flame.........it's just unbelievable.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Ohhh,Piper! I surely hope he was not alive! not fair
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi, Piper!

Thank you for posting the articles and video! You are awesome! I appreciate your help. hug
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 am

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Woman-charged-in-boys-death-a-cold-soulless-murderer-112682194.html

Police: Woman charged in boy's death a 'cold, soulless murderer'
Investigators say the 44-year-old woman accused of kidnapping and killing a 12-year-old Houston boy on Christmas Eve is a cold-blooded predator, and the case has left even the most veteran homicide detectives reeling.
"I was one of the detectives to interview Mona Nelson, and I can tell you that she is a cold, soulless murderer who showed an absolute lack of remorse in taking the life of Jonathan Foster," HPD Homicide Det. Michael Miller said. "There are few cases that impact homicide detectives in this manner, but this is one of them."
Since her arrest Wednesday, Miller said Nelson has admitted to dumping Foster’s burned body in a ditch near East Hardy and Schilder, but insists that she did not kill the boy.
... story continues ...
Maat
Maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Good morning, Ann...you're very welcome.

Maat, thanks for this update. This killer has even shaken the detectives to the core. I haven't been able to get it off my mind.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbtold Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 pm

This is such a sad case. I hope that the messed up parents didn't have any involvement. Could well be that their apparently loose connection with Mona Nelson has nothing to do with Jonathon's death - other than inadvertently allowing Nelson great access to Jonathon through Nelson's relationship with the mom's roommate/babysitter. For this poor boy's sake, I hope the parents are completely uninvolved.

I read a few updates on the case yesterday. LE members suspect that Nelson may be responsible for other crimes in the area. If so, I hope her capture brings details and closure to other victims - soon.

truthbtold
truthbtold

Mood : Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:56 pm

‘Stone cold without a soul’

Suspect in boy’s death has had other run-ins with law, records show

By BRIAN ROGERS and LINDSAY WISE
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Dec. 31, 2010, 7:59AM

When Houston police brought Mona Yvette Nelson in for questioning in the disappearance of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, she seemed unfazed, even chatty, a veteran homicide investigator said.

She breezily signed consent forms allowing authorities to search her truck and home, Officer Mike Mil­ler said, and showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan, who vanished from his northwest Houston home on Christmas Eve.

Miller has interviewed hundreds of suspects in 14 years on the homicide squad but said he saw something in Nelson's eyes that he's only seen once before — in the gaze of an accused serial killer.

It was a "dead look," the investigator said. "Anything but remorse … Stone cold without a soul."
Nelson declined an interview from a Harris County Jail cell Thursday, but police and people who know the woman - born Mona Preston on March 5, 1966 - described her as an adept plumber and welder, a boxer, an immigrant smuggler, a mother and grandmother.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:41 pm

...a mother and a grandmother...WTH???
Sherry
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:20 pm

This is the Raw Video of the Houston Police Department Press Conference which was at 2 p.m. on Thursday, 12-30-10.

It is over 20 minutes. You get to hear the facts from the Houston Police Department.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370
KTRK (ABC) Houston, TX 12-30-10

HPD news conference on boy's death

Hear from Houston police as they give the latest details in the case of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster's murder

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:35 pm

Woman charged in boy's murder speaks out

Updated at 06:46 PM 12-31-10
KTRK - Houston, TX

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police released more details in their case against Mona Nelson, the woman charged with kidnapping and killing Jonathan Foster, and they say the 12-year-old boy may not be her only victim.

We now know Jonathan's body was burned and dumped on the same day he disappeared, Christmas Eve, and just miles from where he was last seen in north Houston. Investigators say Nelson is responsible for it all, but Nelson told us a very different story.

Nelson is charged with capital murder, a crime that carries a potential punishment of death if convicted.

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/storysection=news/local&id=7872780
~~~~~~~~
There are related stories you can click on and there are numerous videos under the main video box that you can click on.

The most recent is to the left. The oldest video is to the far right. ( you will have to click on the small arrow to get to the oldest)

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:42 pm

The funeral services for Jonathan Foster:

Tuesday, 1-4-11

Public Invited

Garden Oaks Baptist Church
Houston, Tx

Visitation: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. (CST)
Funeral Service: 1:30 p.m. (CST)

Burial:
South Park Cemetery
Pearlanad, TX

afro ~ ~ ~ Rest in Peace, Jonathan! ~ ~ ~ afro

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:08 am

I am going to post this. Please keep in mind that the reporter is stating unnamed sources. At the end of the video, the reporter states another "officer" doesn't feel blah, blah, blah. Also, that the autopsy report could come back showing cause of death.

For your info, there are 4 other main stream TV stations and one major newspaper in Houston. None of them are reporting this story.

This story is not based on an official Houston Police Dept. (HPD) Press Release nor a HPD News Conference.

There is a video you can click on in the article titled:

•WATCH IT: Police Believe Child Was Killed With Welding Torch
~~~~~~~~~~

Police Believe Child Was Killed With Welding Torch

By Stephen Dean
KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

POSTED: Friday, December 31, 2010
UPDATED: 9:46 pm CST December 31, 2010

HOUSTON -- Homicide investigators said a welding torch is the likely weapon used in 12-year-old Jonathan Foster's death, Local 2 Investigates reported Friday.

"We're talking crematorium-type of hot," said one Houston Police Department Homicide Squad officer assigned to the investigation.

Police said they confiscated a badly burned section of carpet from the home of Mona Yvette Nelson, 44, who stands charged with capital murder.

She had a welding background and police found welding equipment in her home on Allwood Street in the Fifth Ward area of Northeast Houston. Police said a section of carpet was badly burned and the smell of a human body filled the area around that carpet.

DNA tests are being ordered to analyze any bodily fluids.

Read more: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:20 am

Here is a video regarding the funeral service for Jonathan:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26334976/index.html
KPRC Houston, TX 12-31-10

Jonathan Foster's Funeral Scheduled
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 am

OMG that is the worst thing I have ever heard.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Ann, thank you for these updates. I am just sickened and horrified beyond belief. Sad
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am

Jonathan Foster's Obituary:

December 24, 2010
Jonathan Foster -- Deceased 12/24/10 -- Mona Yvette Nelson Charged with Capital Murder  - Page 2 Clip_image002_003

Jonathan Paul Foster, age 12, of Houston passed away Friday,
December 24, 2010 in Houston. He was born on November 9th 1998
to his mother, Angela Davis and his Father, Richard Foster in
Coriscana, TX.

He was preceeded in death by his great grandparents, Paul and
Lorene Blaylock, Della May and Henry L. Hurst, and Homer O’Fallin Jr.

Jonathan is survived by his mother, Angela Renee Davis; father,
Richard Holden Foster; sister, Destiny M. Foster; grandparents, Mary
“Grannie” L. Gifford, Homer “Pappy” L. O’Fallin III, Mary “Granny
Mary” O’Fallin, James “Papaw” H. Hurst, Kay Hurst, and Sandra
Foster; uncles, Glenn Paul Scrimsher, Scott Foster, and Mike Foster;
aunts, Renee Meyers and Della Lorene Hurst; and cousins, Ricky
Meyers, Isaiah Meyers, Elijah Meyers, Spencer Scrimsher, and Scott
Harleigh Scrimsher.

Jonathan’s life was ended as a child of Houston. He was a sweet, fun
loving child who enjoyed helping others at any and every opportunity.
He loved playing video games and playing basketball. He also enjoyed
the outdoors immensely; whether it was hunting or catching his first
fish with his Uncle Glenn, fishing in Galveston with his Mother, riding
his bike down any path, or swimming in any place that was big enough
to do so. He enjoyed the outdoors so much that he wanted to be a
marine biologist when he grew up. Even though he will not have that
opportunity, we will all be forever blessed that this amazing child
visited our lives, even if it was for just an all too brief moment.

Honorary Pallbearers will be Ricky Meyers, Isaiah Meyers, Elijah
Meyers, Harleigh Scrimsher, Spencer Scrimsher, Luke Nicholas,
Jordan Nicholas, Logan Elliott, Timothy O’Fallin, Jonathan O’Fallin.

A gathering of family and friends will be held at the fellowship hall at
Garden Oaks Baptist Church, 3206 N Shepherd from 10:00 AM until
1:00 PM on Tuesday, January 4, 2010. The memorial service will be
held at Garden Oaks Baptist Church at 1:30 PM on Tuesday, January
4, 2010. A police escorted procession to South Park Cemetery in
Pearland will follow the service.

Jonathan will always be loved and missed by his family and all of
those whose hearts and lives he touched.

Condolences may be emailed to the family at:

obits@carnesfuneralhome.com

Please list the name of the deceased in the subject line

~~~~~
http://carnesfuneralhome.com/obituaries.php
Carnes Funeral Home Texas City/Houston, TX
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks Ann. Jonathan was loved by many. He was a sweet child with a heart of gold.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:03 am

RE: Jonathan Paul Foster - GUEST BOOK

The Houston Chronicle has a brief obit in the paper today and online.

Jonathan's Guest Book is available for viewing and signing:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=jonathan-foster&pid=147517821
Legacy.com - Houston Chronicle 1-2-2011
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 am

You are welcome, Piper.

Yes, Jonathan had a loving family. The obit is beautiful, especially the way the family described Jonathan . . . the things he liked to do, his aspiration of being a marine biologist, etc.

Since the public is invited to his funeral service, I will be attending his funeral on Tuesday.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Ann, it is great that you are close enough to attend the funeral. You are the ambassador for RC.

I hope the trial for the POS that murdered this little boy will be held soon and you can also attend that trial. You helped us so much during the trial for the killers of sweet little Emma.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next