Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter

5 posters

Go down

Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter Empty Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter

Post by pi-girl Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:46 am

...things never cease to amaze me...

Teens Were Talking Back, Mom Tells Police

TAMPA, Fla. -- Police said a woman shot her son and daughter to death because the teens were talking back.
Police said Julie Powers Schenecker shot her son twice in the head in the family car on the way to his soccer practice. Schenecker told police that the teen was talking back.
Police said Schenecker then drove to her home and shot her daughter in the face as she sat at a computer.

More... http://www.wpbf.com/r/26673260/detail.html
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter Empty Re: Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter

Post by Piper Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 am

I caught a glimpse of this last night, absolutely unbelievable!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter Empty Re: Police: Mom Fatally Shoots Teen Son, Daughter

Post by Estee Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:29 am

Daughter has made a complaint not too long ago that Mom had slapped her in face...Guess that complaint wasn't enough to deter Mom from going berserk...Dad in service, this is just horrible...Who hasn't wanted to kill their kid at one time or another??? But not so bad as to actually do it??? I can't imagine the rage that she felt...Something must not be right in her head...She does have medical problems and I'd bet there's some mental issues too...Poor kids didn't even see it coming...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 am

Her face was all twisted in the video of her. I have to wonder what meds she was on. I work in the mental health field, and I know the good medications can do, but I also know some people have adverse reactions to medications. If she was basically a good mother before all of this, then what changed? I know from a news report, the family had been to Al-Anon about their mother. I wonder if she was using illegal drugs, or if she had gone to a doctor and received prescription medication.

I really hate it for the father. And the children ... They did not deserve to have to deal with all of this alone. If another adult had been involved, maybe this tragedy may have been thwarted. The poor dad is serving his country and his entire world crumbles beneath him. He probably had no clue any of this was going awry.
Maat
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 am

Police investigated abuse case weeks before mom allegedly killed kids

By the CNN Wire Staff
January 31, 2011 9:09 p.m. EST

snipped:
Schenecker had initially planned what she called the "massacre" -- killing the children and then herself, McElroy said on Monday -- for January 22, but she put it off after learning there would be a three-day check before she could buy a gun.

Police later found writings in the house, thought to be from Schenecker, in which she spelled out her intentions in detail.

Read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/31/florida.children.killed/index.html?hpt=T2
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Julie Powers Schenecker Update: Fla. Mom Pleads Not Guilty to Killing Her Children

Posted by Naimah Jabali-Nash

February 16, 2011 11:36 AM

(CBS/AP) Julie Powers Schenecker made a brief appearance in a Florida court room Wednesday to plead not guilty to the Jan. 27 shooting deaths of her 13-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter.

Read more:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20032222-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am

One thing I will never understand is why does she plead 'Not Guilty' when she called 911 and told them she had killed her kids and there is all the evidence to prove that she had planned to do so for a while...We sure live in a Wacky World with lots of wacky people...I've got to the point where I won't look in the mirror cause I'm afraid I might be one....
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 am

LOL, Estee! That is pretty crazy, I assume their lawyers instruct them to plead not guilty. It just draws out the process of conviction. This is a horribly sad case. Something was definitely amiss with this mother. I have to wonder about drugs too, was she on medication for depression or something.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down