Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity'

4 posters

Go down

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity' Empty Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity'

Post by eva Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity'

CTV.ca News Staff

Date: Saturday Mar. 5, 2011 8:42 PM ET

The fascination with the ongoing Charlie Sheen saga is a sign of "our collective depravity," according to spiritual guru Deepak Chopra, who says the actor's antics give the public an opportunity to peek into the dark side of human nature without confronting their own demons.

The 45-year-old actor has been in the headlines in recent months for a series of bizarre antics. His odd behaviour culminated in the cancellation of his hit television show, "Two and a Half Men," for the remainder of the season after he made disparaging remarks about, among other things, Alcoholics Anonymous and show producer Chuck Lorre.

Chopra also points out that Sheen's behaviour, and the public's fascination with it, has its roots in Jungian psychology, where each person has a shadow, a dark side that they repress, but "says if you keep ignoring me I'm going to embarrass you at some point."

"The shadow is primitive, it's secretive, it's dark, it can be dangerous. And it comes out when people have a lot of repression in their lives, or a lot of guilt or shame in their life, or when there's a lot of judgment, or when there's poor leadership or when there's a lot of stress," Chopra said. "And I think his shadow is coming out and it's suddenly coming out, but its ‘humaning' the collective shadow, which loves to see others in that situation so they don't have to face their own demons."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20110305/deepak-chopra-charlie-sheen-110305/
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity' Empty Re: Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity'

Post by Piper Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 am

I have to admit, I've been fascinated by Charlie Sheen's rants. It amazes me what comes out of his mouth. The sad thing is the children that are involved in this situation.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity' Empty Re: Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity'

Post by Julie Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:12 am

Sheen Fascination a Sign of Our 'Collective Depravity' Cs_bmp10
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:20 am

Laughing
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:20 am

Julie that's hilarious!! He's getting crazier by the day!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down