Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation

+2
Piper
Julie
6 posters

Go down

Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation  Empty Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation

Post by Julie Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation
Premature baby was alive at birth but 'suffered fatal injuries,' police say

updated 3/10/2011 10:05:18 AM ET

CENTRALIA, Wash. — A 25-year-old woman has been arrested for investigation of first-degree murder in the death of a baby boy born prematurely and found decapitated, Centralia police say.

Laura Lynn Hickey was arrested Wednesday after a weeklong investigation, which included a post-mortem examination of the baby by a forensic pathologist.

The pathologist concluded the 21-week baby was alive at birth but "suffered fatal injuries by decapitation," Officer John Panco said Wednesday night.

(snipped)
Hickey said she had picked out baby names and had chosen "Caleb Jacob Hickey" for a boy, Panco said.

Read more:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42005999/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Rest in Peace, Caleb Jacob. Sad
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation  Empty Re: Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation

Post by Piper Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 pm

I didn't just read that...... Sad

She has to be mentally insane, my god.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation  Empty Re: Mom arrested in newborn's decapitation

Post by pi-girl Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:46 pm

There are no words....
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Sad Shocked
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I couldn't believe this when I read it. What a sickening thing to do to your own baby!
He was 21 weeks in utero.

I c&p'd this from the link below, it tells how big a 21 week in utero baby is:

How Big is the Baby at 21 Weeks Pregnant?
By pregnancy week 21,your baby now weighs over 12.7 ounces and is a little larger than 10 1/2 inches long, or about the length of a banana! Your baby will continue to grow at a remarkable pace as you continue your pregnancy week by week.

http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_21.htm
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Hardly a viable weight...It probably had birth defects and that was why she miscarried...This is a horrible thing to do though...She should have taken it and herself to a hospital...at least then she wouldn't get charged with murder...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 pm

My son was born @ 26 weeks and weighed one pound 8 ounces at one week of age and was 12 inches long. They did not weigh him when he was born, but estimated his weight to be around 2 pounds 9 ounces. His ears nor his lungs had fully developed, he had no hair on his head, nor eye brows or eye lashes, however his body was covered with very fine blond hair.

The lungs were his biggest problem, and he has suffered from asthma and breathing problems his entire life. He had to get hearing aids @ 5 years old. He had 50% loss in one ear and 80% loss in the other. He spent 4 months, 3 weeks at the Baptist hospital in the NICU and only weighed 5 pounds 3/4 ounce when we brought him home.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

That is an amazing story of triumph, Mama!

This woman had three other children that were previously taken away by CPS. There was a reason children shouldn't be around her. God only knows what her other children suffered in order to be taken from her. Why she didn't call 911 is beyond me.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down