Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line!

3 posters

Go down

Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line! Empty Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line!

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 am

Sunday night I watched two shows of 20/20 on ABC. Each was one hour.

It was very interesting! I feel I am cautious on the Internet. After watching these shows, my caution is at a new level. One never knows who is really behind a screen name.

Here is the Link to one of the 20/20 shows. To the right of the video box are the videos to the rest of the show. I can not isolate (Link) only the videos, but look for "Inside Catfish".

Inside 'Catfish'

http://abcnews.go.com/2020
ABC News 20/20
~~~~~~

The following is a three page article about what ended up being a love triangle on a Live Chat. It ended in tragedy. A 46 year old man who "posed" on line as a young man in the service thought he was talking to an 18 year old, TallHotBlond. They became explicit in a Live Chat. Eventually his wife discovered what her husband was doing.

This 46 year old man became obsessed with the "18 year old". She went on and started luring in a 22 year old who was honest about who he was and told the truth in his conversations with the "18 year old." The 46 year old became jealous. Long story short . . . he shot and killed the 22 year old in the parking lot of his place of employment.

As the investigation into the murder progressed, it was discovered that the mother of the 18 year old was acting and posting as the TallHotBlond (her 18 year old daughter). This mother was sending photos of her daughter to the 46 year old man and the 22 year old man. When the case was solved, the 18 year old had no idea of what her mother did to her. What a sick mother to pose as an 18 year old and especially to pose as her daughter!

The series is called The Sixth Sense.

Online Love Triangle, Deception End in Murder

The Internet is known as a breeding ground for illicit affairs between people often hiding behind fake names and handles. But most such virtual relationships aren't dangerous as this -- when "Talhotblond" and "MarineSniper" struck up a relationship online, it ended in murder.

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/online-love-triangle-deception-end-murder/story?id=14371076
ABCNews 20/20
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line! Empty Re: Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line!

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:51 pm

The mother definitely is sick. It looks like her family thinks so too since her husband divorced her and her daughter cut ties with her. It unfortunate that they couldn't find anything to charge her with.

I don't understand why the killer only got 20 years. Any murder should be more than 20 years, especially premeditated murder.

You should definitely be cautious online, especially before exchanging phone numbers or agreeing to meet somebody in person.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line! Empty Re: Be Careful of Who You Meet On-Line!

Post by sitemama Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Just like Adam Baker met Elisa on line, and 'fell in love' with someone he didn't really know. He moved with his daughter and now she is gone.

A lot of evil ppl are on the internet and you shouldn't believe half they say on line.

If you have to go online to find someone to love you, or for you to love, you need to get a real life and get to know real ppl.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down