Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

48 Hours: War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?

2 posters

Go down

48 Hours:  War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame? Empty 48 Hours: War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 pm

I watched 48 Hours Saturday. The episode, War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?, aired. It is a very tragic and sad story. You can watch the episode within this article:
________

November 12, 2011 10:50 PM

War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?

48 Hours:  War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame? Needham_combo_story_620x350
Private John Needham and Jacque Villagomez

(CBS News) Produced by Chris Young Ritzen
48 Hours - Air Date November 12, 2011

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. -- "That day and what happened that day is gonna be with me until the day I die. It's something I carry on my conscience every day," John Needham explained. "I just can't believe that this is where my life is right now. When I look back when I was younger, I never see myself at 26 years old being called a murderer."

"I was trained to kill. ...I come home. I can't adjust to regular civilian lifestyle," Needham continued. "I spun out of control. I needed help."

"Unfortunately with the way I was trained, you know to react to threats is to neutralize threats. ...Even with someone I love."

In July of 2009, John Needham was out on bail... but far from a free man.

"I feel like a tagged animal," he said looking down at his ankle bracelet. "This is a constant reminder of what has happened and what is true reality no matter how much I try to hide from it or try and escape from it."

Needham was awaiting trial for a crime he found difficult to comprehend - killing a woman he says he loved.

"You know she was absolutely precious to me. She still is," he said.

Jacqwelyn Villagomez was 19 when she died and had only known John Needham for a few months. She'd been a track star in high school - and was hoping to break into modeling and acting.

Sarah and Spencer Savino were so close to Jacque they considered themselves sisters. At odds with her own family, Jacque lived with the Savinos for a year when she was 17.

Read more and click on "Watch the Episode" :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-57323277/war-damaged-vet-kills-girlfriend-ptsd-to-blame/?tag=contentMain;contentAux

Watch CBS News Videos Online
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

48 Hours:  War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame? Empty Re: 48 Hours: War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Justice4All, I copied the embed code but can not get the video to play here. Maybe I did not copy all of it. I did it twice and can not get the video to play.

When you have time, would you please see if you can embed and get the video to play?

Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

48 Hours:  War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame? Empty Re: 48 Hours: War damaged vet kills girlfriend; PTSD to blame?

Post by Justice4all Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm

The new embed code for CBS videos doesn't work well on here, so I edited the code in your post into the old format and the video then played for me. Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you now.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Justice, it plays now! You are brilliant! Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down