Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls

2 posters

Go down

US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls Empty US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls

Post by Julie Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Does anybody else get that annoying phone call that says, "Do no hang up, this is not a sales call..." or "Hi! This is Rachel..."

US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls

By M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com

Follow M. Alex Johnson on Twitter and Facebook

The Federal Communications Commission said Wednesday it's going after those annoying automated marketing calls that always seem to come right as you're sitting down to dinner.

The commission unanimously adopted new rules to crack down on what are known as robocalls. That's when a company sets up its computers to call thousands of numbers in sequence, hoping one or two of them will be answered by someone who'll listen to a pitch for whatever they're selling.

Read more:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/15/10418510-us-cracking-down-on-dinner-interrupting-marketing-robocalls#.Tzwsmy7gbe8.mailto?gt1=43001
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls Empty Re: US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls

Post by Bellah Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

I get a call that says it is "an office" on caller ID but is a hang up call. I tried to call it back and the recording says it is not a working number. I called the operater and she told me that telemarkers buy these phone numbers that only call out. What makes no sense is that I receive these calls at least once a week and it is always a hang up call.
I am glad to see they are being, at least, slowed down.
Bellah
Bellah

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down