Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX

5 posters

Go down

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX Empty Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 am

Although this horrific crime happened in 1975, I am posting the most recent updates.

This lady was recently identified after 37 years. Apparently she died a horrific death.

Due to the persistence of a law officer in Austin County, Tx, Gloria Faye Stringer's remains were recently identified. Her remains were exhumed and that set things in motion for her eventual identification. She is no longer "Jane Doe."

I am happy that her family now knows where Gloria's remains are buried and that Dennis King was persistent and determined to one day have the means to have "Jane Doe" identified.

Maybe some one might know something that can help Law Enforcement in Austin County, Tx solve this case.

Identity of missing mom provides one piece to murder mystery

By Lise Olsen
The Houston Chronicle - Houston, Tx

Published 09:53 p.m., Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 628x471
A murder victim who has just been identified
as Gloria Faye Stringer is seen in a photograph
with her son Dan Moore. The picture was taken
shortly before she disappeared in 1975.
/ family photo

The woman's nude body was found floating in the muddy Brazos River in 1975, her features unrecognizable save for her flawlessly painted scarlet fingernails and flowing yellow hair.

But after 37 years, the 22-year-old mother has been identified by Harris County forensics experts as Gloria Faye Stringer, opening an investigation into her possible murder and inflaming the long-held suspicions of Austin County Justice of the Peace Dennis R. King, a man committed to the case for decades.

"The only thing worse than dying in a strange place is being lost at the same time and never finding your way home," King said. "That was always the fear for me - that she had not been able to find her way home."

Read more and view photo gallery:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Identity-of-missing-mom-provides-one-piece-to-3343230.php

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 628x471

The grave of recently identified Gloria Stringer is shown Thursday,
Feb. 16, 2012, in Wallis. Since 1975, the woman that occupied the
grave was unknown. On February 10, after 37 years, the woman
was identified as a young mother who disappeared from Texas City
in 1975. Her body was found in the Brazos River on June 7, 1975
about two miles north of I-10.

( Brett Coomer / Houston Chronicle ) Photo: Brett Coomer

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 628x471 Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 628x471

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX Empty Re: Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am

Victim in cold case identified after almost 37 years

by Gabe Gutierrez / KHOU 11 News
Houston, Tx

Posted on February 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Updated today at 7:01 PM

WALLIS, Texas – Forensics experts have identified a woman found decades ago in a river west of Houston.

He never met her. But “Jane Doe” changed Dennis King’s life.

“The only time a person truly dies is when they’re forgotten,” he said.

The Austin County Justice of the Peace has spent the better part of his career wondering who the woman was buried in the corner of the Wallis Cemetery.

“It’s like she became a part of the family,” King said.

Read more:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Victim-in-cold-case-identified-after-almost-37-years-139762153.html
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX Empty Re: Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 am

Identity of Jane Doe found in 1975 determined

Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:05 pm
The Sealy News - Sealy, Tx

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 4f3eddb123b57.preview-300
Gloria Stringer

The identity of a young woman found in the Brazos River near Sealy more than 36 years ago is now known.

The Harris County Morgue has identified the woman, whose identity local officials have tried to determine for more than three decades, as Gloria Stringer, a 22-year-old woman originally from Tennessee.

Dennis King, Precinct 4 justice of the peace, was new to his elected position in June 1975 when he was called to the scene on the Brazos River after her body had been discovered by two boys during the early hours of June 7, 1975.

Read more:

http://www.sealynews.com/news/article_6584f428-59bc-11e1-a265-001871e3ce6c.html

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 am

WOMAN'S BODY IDENTIFIED

(FEBRUARY 20TH, 2012)

KWHI-AM -- Brenham, Tx

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 0220gloriastringer
Gloria Stringer's body was
discovered in June of 1975.

The Harris County morgue has identified the body of a woman found in the Brazos River near Sealy more than 36 years ago.

Local officials have tried for more than three decades to determine the identity of Gloria Stringer.

Austin County Precinct Four Justice of the Peace Dennis King, was called to the scene in June of 1975 after two boys discovered her body.

Investigators released a sketch of the woman found to local newspapers and media in 2010 after reopening the case. Stringer’s sister in law, now living in Tennessee, saw the sketch and identified the missing woman.

Investigators were able to verify the identification with fingerprints and other identifying physical characteristics.

Justice of the Peace King said Ms. Stringer was originally from Tennessee and, for a short time, established a residence in Texas City, and on the morning of June 7th, 1975, called home to tell her parents she was going to Houston to find another place to live.

King said she was going to meet a man now believed to be using a bogus name and she was never heard of again. Her remains were found in the Brazos River approximately two miles from the river from the I-`10 river Bridge.

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/
KWHI - Brenham, Tx

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Body found in Texas river in 1975 identified as missing 22-year-old mother

Published February 21, 2012
FoxNews.com

Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX Gloria%20Stringer
This undated photo shows 22-year-old Gloria Faye
Stringer, who disappeared in 1975 while living in Texas.

The nude body of a woman found floating in a Texas river almost 40 years ago has finally been identified as that of a missing 22-year-old mother, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/21/body-found-in-texas-river-in-175-identified-as-missing-22-year-old-mother/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Gloria Faye, you made national news.

I hope one day this case will be solved. Gloria was found so many miles away from the Texas City area. What a horrible death Gloria died!

In memory of Gloria Faye Stringer . . . afro Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandeestttn Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 am

I am her sister-in-law, I have searched and searched for all these years. The world is a sadder place without her. She was so unique, adventurous,when she entered a room, it lit up. She had the greatest sense of humor, and loved her family , morever she loved, and adored her son. I knew that if she were alive, she would never be away from her family.

Sandeestttn

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 pm

At last...She is no longer a Jane Doe...She has a name ...Now the search is over...My sympathy to the family... afro
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:24 pm

My sympathy to the family, and now they can have some closure and the memorial service or funeral.

However, I pray they can find out how she died, and if it was homocide, I pray they figure out who did it and prosecute them to the fullest extent allowed by law.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Sandeestttn wrote:I am her sister-in-law, I have searched and searched for all these years. The world is a sadder place without her. She was so unique, adventurous,when she entered a room, it lit up. She had the greatest sense of humor, and loved her family , morever she loved, and adored her son. I knew that if she were alive, she would never be away from her family.
Welcome to Reality Chatter, Sandeesttn!

I am happy that Gloria Faye has been identified and she is no longer known as "Jane Doe" to law enforcement. I am happy that you and your family finally know where Gloria is.

It sounds like Gloria was a wonderful person and I am sure the world is a sadder place without her. It makes one wonder what her life would have been like. I think it is so sad that her son had to grow up without his mom.

I remember when the body was discovered in the Brazos River. I know the area well. It is a case no one forgot about. It haunted the area as to who this person could be.

I hope whoever murdered Gloria will one day be arrested and is held accountable for Gloria's death.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your precious memories of Gloria be in your heart forever.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Sandeestttn wrote:I am her sister-in-law, I have searched and searched for all these years. The world is a sadder place without her. She was so unique, adventurous,when she entered a room, it lit up. She had the greatest sense of humor, and loved her family , morever she loved, and adored her son. I knew that if she were alive, she would never be away from her family.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family, too.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandeestttn Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you all so very much. We plan to bring her home to Tennessee and bury her next to her mother. At home,, at last. I hope and pray that whoever took this beautiful person from us, will be found. But i imagine, after all these years that have passed, will be almost impossible. But all the people there have made it a lifetime work. Bless them all.

Sandeestttn

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 am

Oh, Sandeesttn, what wonderful news that Gloria will be going home to TN to be buried next to her mother!

Please don't ever give up hope that Gloria's killer will not ever be found and held accountable. I read about older cold cases ever so often that are resolved. One day the person could be arrested for another crime and confess to Gloria's murder or maybe just come forward one day and confess.

Yes, Law Enforcement in Austin County, Tx were dedicated to identifying Gloria. It is wonderful that they arranged to have a sketch done and you contacted them that it looks like Gloria and a positive identification was made after DNA testing.

For Gloria: afro Gloria Faye Stringer identified after 37 years - TX 803492
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:47 am

Gloria's name is not mentioned in this article or video but her picture and sketch are shown in the video with a reference of her case in the article.
~~~~~

Texas Ranger forensics works miracles
New and cold cases cracked

Updated: Saturday, 07 Apr 2012, 10:54 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 07 Apr 2012, 10:54 PM CDT

By David Scott
KXAN - Austin, Tx

Texas Ranger forensics works miracles: kxan.com

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The Texas Ranger forensics team is cracking new and cold cases, using a combination of science and art.

Snipped:

The oldest cold case they've cracked was that of a woman who went missing in 1975 near the Brazos River. Their facial reconstruction led to citizen tips.

Read more:

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/texas-ranger-forensics-works-miracles
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 am

Sandeestttn wrote:Thank you all so very much. We plan to bring her home to Tennessee and bury her next to her mother. At home,, at last. I hope and pray that whoever took this beautiful person from us, will be found. But i imagine, after all these years that have passed, will be almost impossible. But all the people there have made it a lifetime work. Bless them all.

Sandeestttn, I've been thinking of Gloria lately. Do you and others in her family still plan to have her exumed and taken to TN?
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down