Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

+35
JustWinnie
ellejay
Hinky's Mimi
nanshin
CA Lady
ishi
angiefly2
Roxanne14
ExerSarah
SweetT
Ellie Tza
sitemama
Soprano1
Orgona
Lash
Freckles
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Justice4all
Stolat
Tbrownsanjo
Chester_from_THM
Joju
Chickenbutt
Typo Positive
senseigurl
kimi_SFC
Beaner
justanopinion
Julie
Ann - Tx
nanaof4
Honeysage
Tamta
39 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Honeysage Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 am

they knew about him since March 28th from DNA match! been under surveillance this whole time. vehicle seized on April 7th. evidence linking Sierra to his vehicle. absolute "stranger abduction". has spoken to him previously...last night was first "custodial" conversation. he is not saying much right now, they are hoping he will say more. they have enough evidence to believe she is not alive.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Honeysage Tue May 22, 2012 11:26 am

Marlene speaking: continuing to pray unti she is found, hopeful since her body has -not been found-plea to perp to please speak and say where she is, end this nightmare for us as a family. Thank you to all LE and community

Steve speaking: Thank you to everyone, still need everyone's support to bring Sierra home-want justice served
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Tue May 22, 2012 11:31 am

Seeing Marlene and Steve speak - omg, I can't stop crying. How tragic and heartbreaking.

This does put Marlene's past statements into context - she knew more than she was able to say at the time.

I pray Sierra is located.
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 11:31 am

What was even scarier to me is that there are 40 plus cases of missing persons in that county and what I took away from this is that it is possible this man they have in custody is a serial predator...Not good. And if he is related to some 2009 incidents in Safeway parking lot, then how many others did he succeed at during the last 3 yrs?
SweetT
SweetT

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 am

hailey35 wrote:Seeing Marlene and Steve speak - omg, I can't stop crying. How tragic and heartbreaking.

This does put Marlene's past statements into context - she knew more than she was able to say at the time.

Yes, it made me cry also, they are clearly very upset with this news. I dont blame them, I also would not give up hope if I were them. Marlene stated that they were hopeful due to what evidence etc "Was not found in the vehicle" So maybe there is some hope on this, we know those shoes were never found yet. Sad
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 am

SweetT wrote:
hailey35 wrote:Seeing Marlene and Steve speak - omg, I can't stop crying. How tragic and heartbreaking.

Yes, it made me cry also, they are clearly very upset with this news. I dont blame them, I also would not give up hope if I were them. Marlene stated that they were hopeful due to what evidence etc "Was not found in the vehicle" So maybe there is some hope on this, we know those shoes were never found yet. Sad

Wht primary evidence would indicate someone was not alive (besides a body) - Blood.

If what was *not* found in the car gives them hope she is alive, then that seems to be obvious - no blood. Why can't they just come out and say no blood in the car?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by senseigurl Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 am

He worked at both Safeways as a stock boy, courtesy clerk, and produce.
senseigurl
senseigurl

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 am

SweetT wrote:What was even scarier to me is that there are 40 plus cases of missing persons in that county and what I took away from this is that it is possible this man they have in custody is a serial predator...Not good. And if he is related to some 2009 incidents in Safeway parking lot, then how many others did he succeed at during the last 3 yrs?

I totally agree! I was wondering why we never heard about the 40 missing people in the news? Or even heard about a few of them? Am I missing something?
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 am

The police composite sketch of the Safeway perp from 2009 looks incredibly similar to Torres - full lips, the eyes, face shape -- uncanny. And this was 3 yrs ago.

40 unsolved cases of sexual assault. Gives me the creeps.

http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/assault-morgan-hill-sketch-of-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 am

Stolat: I dont know unless they do not want to give too much information away on what they do and dont have on this guy.
Hailey: I don't live in the area so cannot attest to whether these others were on the news or not, but I do not recall others from that area being mentioned on sites I have went to. If this guy is a serial predator then God only knows how many people he has abducted and disappeared. I sure hope he will talk to LE but he does seem arrogant to me, of course that might come with yrs of experience in being not caught etc.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 am

Stolat, thanks for the link to the sketch. Wow, the sketch looks exactly like his mug shot. I'm shocked none of his coworkers realized the similarity?!?
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 am

Stolat wrote:The police composite sketch of the Safeway perp from 2009 looks incredibly similar to Torres - full lips, the eyes, face shape -- uncanny. And this was 3 yrs ago.

http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/assault-morgan-hill-sketch-of-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

It is a Dead Ringer...and please I mean no pun or anything at all, but I found it absolutely right on the money and even the eyes were totally the same.. You couldnt have gotten a better match unless you had a photo.. That sketch artist and whomever those witnesses who gave the description did Amazing!
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 11:45 am

hailey35 wrote:
SweetT wrote:What was even scarier to me is that there are 40 plus cases of missing persons in that county and what I took away from this is that it is possible this man they have in custody is a serial predator...Not good. And if he is related to some 2009 incidents in Safeway parking lot, then how many others did he succeed at during the last 3 yrs?

I totally agree! I was wondering why we never heard about the 40 missing people in the news? Or even heard about a few of them? Am I missing something?

Hailey are you referring to local Santa Clara county news? Otherwise, this number is probably low proportionately compared to what we *don't* hear about every single day on a national level. We're only getting the one or two drops that media chooses to pick up on.

40 unsolved cases could span over several years - it would be tough to recall if we had heard of those when the story broke or not.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 am

Stolat wrote:
SweetT wrote:

Wht primary evidence would indicate someone was not alive (besides a body) - Blood.

If what was *not* found in the car gives them hope she is alive, then that seems to be obvious - no blood. Why can't they just come out and say no blood in the car?

I don't know what.
I mean if his alibi included the car being stolen, it still would be stupid to discard a weapon in it to be found.

Direct evidence is eye witness or film
Forensic is circumstantial technically .

Cadaverine ?

Just takes 90 minutes for a body to excrete enough for dogs to catch

Last edited by Tamta on Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by hailey35 Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 am

LS said 40 missing people since January 2011. That seems like so many to me, but I guess you are right Stolat. People go missing and we don't always hear of it on national news.
hailey35
hailey35

Back to top Go down

Post by Typo Positive Tue May 22, 2012 11:52 am

SweetT wrote:I saw this on another site posted by a member....I hope its ok to bring this comment over here, if not please delete but I thought it was interesting and possibly this same guy.

"This is interesting...when looking up the Safeway in Morgan Hill:

On March 19, a 36-year-old Morgan Hill woman reported she was followed to her car in the parking lot of the East Dunne Avenue Safeway, shortly before 11 p.m. About 30 minutes later, police received a call that another woman was attacked in a Safeway parking lot, this time at the 235 Tennant Station location. The woman, a 46-year-old San Martin resident, told police the man used a stun gun on the back of her neck and head. The man fled when a passerby heard the woman’s screams.All three women offered similar descriptions of their attacker. Police are searching for a man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighing about 200 pounds. In each case the man also entered, or tried to enter, the victim’s car through the rear driver-side door in a Safeway parking lot after dark."

Oh so he did this at his J-O-B.

Right. Thanks.

Typo Positive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 11:54 am

Can someone clarify this for me :

- direct and circumstantial evidence indicates Sierra is dead

- DNA evidence in car connects Torres to Sierrra via the bag

Questions:

-does direct and circumstantial evidence point to homicide?

-does the DNA directly link him to her homicide

I'm not able to watch until tonight.
Thanks!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 am

Typo Positive wrote:
SweetT wrote:I saw this on another site posted by a member....I hope its ok to bring this comment over here, if not please delete but I thought it was interesting and possibly this same guy.

"This is interesting...when looking up the Safeway in Morgan Hill:

On March 19, a 36-year-old Morgan Hill woman reported she was followed to her car in the parking lot of the East Dunne Avenue Safeway, shortly before 11 p.m. About 30 minutes later, police received a call that another woman was attacked in a Safeway parking lot, this time at the 235 Tennant Station location. The woman, a 46-year-old San Martin resident, told police the man used a stun gun on the back of her neck and head. The man fled when a passerby heard the woman’s screams.All three women offered similar descriptions of their attacker. Police are searching for a man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighing about 200 pounds. In each case the man also entered, or tried to enter, the victim’s car through the rear driver-side door in a Safeway parking lot after dark."

Oh so he did this at his J-O-B.

Right. Thanks.

Right, presumably - like the guy in my local area who did it as his j-o-b at Wal-mart. Attacked women in the parking lot- - finally they caught him. he was arroagant enought to think he knew about all their security cameras to avoid them. Arrogant in general.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Tamta wrote:Can someone clarify this for me :

Questions:

Thanks!

I have not heard about DNA found in car (can't remember now, was that stated as part of the Jetta finding? It wasn't stated as part of the p/c this morning)

Smith said in direct response to the question regarding how they were sure it was a homicide -- she said it was direct AND circumstantial evidence they had that led them to believe it was murder.

Nothing was stated that said the DNA indicated to murder. The DNA reference indicated that at some point Torres had come in contact with Sierra's purse and the clothes inside her purse.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm

I missed it does anybody have a site so I can hear press conference. Thanks.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Stolat wrote:

Questions:

Thanks!

I have not heard about DNA found in car (can't remember now, was that stated as part of the Jetta finding? It wasn't stated as part of the p/c this morning)

Smith said in direct response to the question regarding how they were sure it was a homicide -- she said it was direct AND circumstantial evidence they had that led them to believe it was murder.

Nothing was stated that said the DNA indicated to murder. The DNA reference indicated that at some point Torres had come in contact with Sierra's purse and the clothes inside her purse.

Ok.
So there are 2 'categories' of evidence and the guy himself is the link?

I'm trying to read for the precise point of connection here.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Questions:

Thanks!

Ok.
So there are 2 'categories' of evidence and the guy himself is the link?

I'm trying to read for the precise point of connection here.

I don't think they're giving us enough yet to establish that concretely.

I think examples of direct evidence is DNA on her clothes in her purse and circumstantial evidence is assuming that Sierra was with him when he made contact with the clothes/purse. Now that still does not indicate murder. I think they must have something else. I think they will also examine him heavily for his potential role in these other Safeway crimes. If any of those women can walk into the station and point to him and say "yeah, that's the guy", then in my opinion LE is really onto something here - cause then you've got a known sexual assailant who has no other reason to have his DNA on clothes belonging to a missing girl, Sierra -- who just so happens to blog about a creepy red car that keeps following her.

I really do hope that they have more, however - this doesn't seem to be enough to keep in detained for long. They need to hustle. They need to find a body or they need to get out the waterboard and get some info.

Maybe the fact that Marlene asked to call off the search for Sierra's body this weekend is an indication that they think they may be able to get something out of him. Doubtful. Doesn't look like he's gonna talk -- if he knows they don't have much on him and if he really is involved in other crimes -- he'd likely keep his mouth shut.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Stolat wrote:The police composite sketch of the Safeway perp from 2009 looks incredibly similar to Torres - full lips, the eyes, face shape -- uncanny. And this was 3 yrs ago.

Stolat, I'll post the sketch for you.
~~~~~

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Stun_gun_mug_shot

Sketch is from above Link, posted by Stolat, to article dated 3/24/09.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Link to segment from the Today show
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47516648#47516648
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Stolat: I'm hoping and praying that LE have studied this guy and his personality etc enough to figure out what type of questioning etc would work on him..The bad cop good cop thing or whatever.. Since his co workers describe him as such a nice guy it is hopeful to me that LE will be able to extract some info from him. .. They have his psychological profile (I'm assuming) so I'm guessing they will know how to approach him.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 12:31 pm

SweetT wrote:Stolat: I'm hoping and praying that LE have studied this guy and his personality etc enough to figure out what type of questioning etc would work on him..The bad cop good cop thing or whatever.. Since his co workers describe him as such a nice guy it is hopeful to me that LE will be able to extract some info from him. .. They have his psychological profile (I'm assuming) so I'm guessing they will know how to approach him.

Well from my experience,
A guy like that may say nothing even if they say they have a body and a weapon.

LE may still have some leg work to do.

But if those women can pin him in a line up he can be off the street for a good while.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue May 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks Kimi

Does anyone know if DNA would be left on the clothes just by touching the clothes? One they said the his DNA was found on the clothes, my mind went in a direction I don't want to go.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Posted: 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Arrest made in Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder

KTVU - Oakland, CA

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Perp-walk-sierra
Torres-Garcia Sierra La Mar suspect

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

A 21-year-old former Safeway employee, the owner of a vehicle seen near where Morgan Hill’s Sierra LaMar disappeared, has been arrested in the kidnapping and murder of the teenage girl.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday evening at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he once worked and transported to Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

He lived near the LaMar home, but authorities do not believe the two knew each other.

“It is my belief that this is purely random,” Smith told reporters at Tuesday news conference. “This was a stranger abduction of a young girl.”

Read more and view video:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/arrest-made-sierra-lamar-kidnapping-and-murder/nPBnR/

Direct Link to Video:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/san-jose-suspect-arrested-in-connection-with/vHPHX/
KTVU: SAN JOSE: Suspect arrested in connection with Sierra La Mar case
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Ann - Tx

This is the video of this morning's PC - if you could embed it onto the thread please? TIA!

Here's the video to the press conference:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/html5/video?id=null&pid=null§ion=null

(if anyone can tell me how to post it onto the thread I'd appreciate it!)

Last edited by kimi_SFC on Tue May 22, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:Link to segment from the Today show
Thanks for the Link, kimi!
~~~

Video embedded from the above Link provided by kimi_SFC:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Click to play

Suspect arrested in disappearance of Calif. teen - NBC Today Show -- 5/22/12

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Tdy_1_kd_suspect_120522.standard

Police arrested a suspect in connection with the disappearance of California teen Sierra Lamar, who went missing two months ago. The suspect, Antolin Garcia-Torres, has been booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of murder and kidnapping. NBC’s Kristen Dahlgren reports.

Source:
MSNBC - Today Show -- 5/22/12
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 12:55 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:Ann - Tx

This is the video of this morning's PC - if you could embed it onto the thread please? TIA!

Here's the video to the press conference:

(if anyone can tell me how to post it onto the thread I'd appreciate it!)

Thanks for the Link, kimi!
~~~
News conference regarding Sierra LaMar

Sierra LaMar's family and the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office held a news conference.

Source:

ABC7 - CA 5/22/12
~~~

Note to J4A: I have the correct embed code copied to the clipboard. Would you please figure out why this video won't load here; then delete this comment to you.
Thanks, J4A!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue May 22, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 pm

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hh4ldb

Hotsteno has done a transcription of the press conference
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
Posted: 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Arrest made in Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder

KTVU - Oakland, CA

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Perp-walk-sierra
Torres-Garcia Sierra La Mar suspect

MORGAN HILL, Calif. —

A 21-year-old former Safeway employee, the owner of a vehicle seen near where Morgan Hill’s Sierra LaMar disappeared, has been arrested in the kidnapping and murder of the teenage girl.

Antolin Garcia-Torres was arrested Monday evening at the Safeway store in Morgan Hill where he once worked and transported to Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said.

He lived near the LaMar home, but authorities do not believe the two knew each other.

It is my belief that this is purely random,” Smith told reporters at Tuesday news conference. “This was a stranger abduction of a young girl.”

Read more and view video:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/arrest-made-sierra-lamar-kidnapping-and-murder/nPBnR/

Direct Link to Video:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/san-jose-suspect-arrested-in-connection-with/vHPHX/
KTVU: SAN JOSE: Suspect arrested in connection with Sierra La Mar case

BBM

Seems like it may not be 'random' then.
Stranger sure.

I do not know what is near, but...
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks @Ann - Tx
You're the best!
Perhaps you could PM me the instructions on how you pulled that off when you have the time?
It has baffled me since forever!
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:02 pm

SweetT wrote:Stolat: I'm hoping and praying that LE have studied this guy and his personality etc enough to figure out what type of questioning etc would work on him..The bad cop good cop thing or whatever.. Since his co workers describe him as such a nice guy it is hopeful to me that LE will be able to extract some info from him. .. They have his psychological profile (I'm assuming) so I'm guessing they will know how to approach him.

that's giving them a lot of credit I don't think they yet deserve. They are overwhelmed with caseloads. This is just one of very many -- but it just so happens to have tv exposure. I do not assume they've had any amount of time devoted to this one guy to know how to get him to crack. If he's smart enough to known to have tossed her phone -- this is NOT a guy who will crack under any strategy. And if he faked his own stolen vehicle, he thinks he knows how to beat the system - very likely if he's been getting away with this since 2009 (making big assumption here) then he knows how to hide from police. I doubt he's going to think he can't wiggle out of this scenario either. He's watched the news, he knows LE's got nothing. not enought at least.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:04 pm

kimi_SFC wrote:Thanks @Ann - Tx
You're the best!
Perhaps you could PM me the instructions on how you pulled that off when you have the time?
It has baffled me since forever!

me too ? == thanks!!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Can anyone tell me more about this? "Sierra -- who just so happens to blog about a creepy red car that keeps following her."

Where/when did she blog about a creepy red car following her? Were there any more details? That's about as chilling and heartbreaking as it gets. Sad
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

Stolat, I'll post the sketch for you.
~~~~~

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Stun_gun_mug_shot

Sketch is from above Link, posted by Stolat, to article dated 3/24/09.

Ann - would you kindly post this pic side by side with his mug shot picture? I think the features are unreal in similarity. Even if this isn't the guy - the fact that these two faces are so similar and both suspected of assault and both Safeway workers -- well -WOW.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Stolat wrote:

that's giving them a lot of credit I don't think they yet deserve. They are overwhelmed with caseloads. This is just one of very many -- but it just so happens to have tv exposure. I do not assume they've had any amount of time devoted to this one guy to know how to get him to crack. If he's smart enough to known to have tossed her phone -- this is NOT a guy who will crack under any strategy. And if he faked his own stolen vehicle, he thinks he knows how to beat the system - very likely if he's been getting away with this since 2009 (making big assumption here) then he knows how to hide from police. I doubt he's going to think he can't wiggle out of this scenario either. He's watched the news, he knows LE's got nothing. not enought at least.

Well now that you put it that way, I guess I am likely to agree, he has most likely become brazen and empowered from doing this so long and getting away with it. And clearly he is of a psychopathic personality.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:Can anyone tell me more about this? "Sierra -- who just so happens to blog about a creepy red car that keeps following her."

Where/when did she blog about a creepy red car following her? Were there any more details? That's about as chilling and heartbreaking as it gets. Sad

Was it red? I couldnt remember if it was red or white.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Stolat wrote:And if he faked his own stolen vehicle
Do we know anything more about this, yet, to make it more concrete that it was, indeed, this particular car?
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:Can anyone tell me more about this? "Sierra -- who just so happens to blog about a creepy red car that keeps following her."

Ellie - it's real old info so I don't have the old links but on a Tumblr account (or a Twitter account) Sierra posted a few comments about someone in a red car following her and making advances on her that she rejected. The speculation about a red vehicle was mentioned on THM since almost day one. So when word came out about the red Jetta the assumption was that it belonged to the same person Sierra complained about on her Tumblr(orTwitter) account.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Sierra LaMar Suspect Watched for Weeks Hoping He Would Lead Them To Teen

May 22, 2012

ABC News - Good Morning America

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Click to play

Santa Clara County police said today they had been following the suspect in the kidnapping and murder of Sierra LaMar since March 28, hoping he would lead them to the missing teen.

Antolin Garcia Torres, 21, was arrested Monday and booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of murder and kidnapping, according to the sheriff's department.

Police said he was not being cooperative and they are still looking for LaMar.

The girl's mother, Marlene LaMar, made an emotional plea to Garcia-Torres at a news conference today.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sierra-lamar-suspect-watched-weeks-hoping-lead-teen/story?id=16401600
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:
Stolat wrote:And if he faked his own stolen vehicle
Do we know anything more about this, yet, to make it more concrete that it was, indeed, this particular car?

No. that is speculation. The car was reported stolen on the morning of Sierra's disappearance. Then precisely 8 days later it shows back up, parked a few streets over from where it was reported stolen. You know, because the thief is curteous and decided to not only return it to the owner, but he didn't want to have to make him go far out of his way to retrieve it. They tested the car forensically. Perhaps they are not releasing details about having evidence of Sierra in that car.

Does anyone recall if Sierra was linked to the car through DNA?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Antoli12

Last edited by Ellie Tza on Tue May 22, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 pm

SweetT wrote:

Was it red? I couldnt remember if it was red or white.

SweetT - it was red. There was also reference to a white truck, but that was a more distant piece of interest.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Stolat wrote:

Ellie - it's real old info so I don't have the old links but on a Tumblr account (or a Twitter account) Sierra posted a few comments about someone in a red car following her and making advances on her that she rejected. The speculation about a red vehicle was mentioned on THM since almost day one. So when word came out about the red Jetta the assumption was that it belonged to the same person Sierra complained about on her Tumblr(orTwitter) account.
Thank you very much. I can't help but wonder if she attempted to tell anyone about him. Not that it matters, now. I so wish I could read it for myself. I found her Tumblr the day she went missing, but after that it must have been disabled (or I just got worse at finding things!)
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue May 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Torres prints on phone?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Ellie Tza wrote:Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 7 Antoli12
Edited to brighten the mug shot image and improve the pic. It's a dead-ringer. Uncanny. How can no one have seen this if they ever laid eyes on this guy?
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Tamta wrote:Torres prints on phone?

Good point - do you recall what day they first found the phone? They reportedly had his DNA since Mar 28th. He was incarcerated in the past (or arrested or something) so they said he had already been "processed in the system" prior to this which means his prints and such would already be in the database. Perhaps when they discovered the phone and tested for prints, they pulled up his match and then they connected him to the car. But I thought I recall them saying (of course we now know they have often fibbed to conceal the truth) that results of the phone yielded no leads.

I think it's safe to say that a LOT of this case can be considered a lie - a justifiable lie, but a lie at that. If they've been tailing this guy for weeks, then whatever they wanted HIM to believe in the media had to convince the rest of us as well. So that means we've been mis-fed info.

So I now no longer feel confident making speculations on older theories or factoids released to the media by the police. For all I know, they DID find prints on the phone and just didn't want Torres to catch wind of it.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next