Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

+35
JustWinnie
ellejay
Hinky's Mimi
nanshin
CA Lady
ishi
angiefly2
Roxanne14
ExerSarah
SweetT
Ellie Tza
sitemama
Soprano1
Orgona
Lash
Freckles
snowbird
Alessandra_Deux
hailey35
Justice4all
Stolat
Tbrownsanjo
Chester_from_THM
Joju
Chickenbutt
Typo Positive
senseigurl
kimi_SFC
Beaner
justanopinion
Julie
Ann - Tx
nanaof4
Honeysage
Tamta
39 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 am

Freckles wrote:
JustWinnie wrote:I'd like to point out that his Mom's statement that he went fishing at Uvas is not very useful. My reasoning? Because unless she went fishing with him, she only has his word that he went fishing at Uvas, and he is a sneaky, low-down, lying dog. Chances are he lied about where he went, especially if he went there to dump a body.
It could be a liar's half-truth.
He may have taken Sierra there but not to go fishing.

Would PRE-paid cell
Phones be as equally traceable as contract lines from a carrier?
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 15 Empty Re: Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12

Post by Honeysage Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 am

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4222

Authorities to Release More Evidence Against Accused Killer of Sierra Lamar after Thursday Hearing

Garcia-Torres is making his first court appearance. He's scheduled to be arraigned but that proceeding could be delayed at the request of the defense. After the hearing, prosecutors say they will release the criminal complaint and probable cause statement to the public. That statement should provide the most detailed list yet of the evidence against the 21-year suspect.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:Ok,

Help.

Is it confirmed he worked here then?

Would not the employees have been considered right off the bat?
Line ups done?
Swabs for DNA?
Surveillance cameras?

If he was working there and guilty of these incidents, how did this slip past?

I mean this is 3 incidents in one parking lot.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/safeway-stores-on-guard-after-third-attack/article_97f00349-5138-5b8d-913f-851f19b165e5.html

my understanding from an article yesterday is that the 3 attacks were reported from 2 different Safeway locations that are a few blocks from each other - one on Dunne and one on Tenant. Two are at one and one is at the other - but I don't know the order.

True.

But my question still stands as to if an employee was involved how suspicion could and consuderation as a suspect could have been avoided.

It seems one would look at the store first, it's the closest.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 am

snowbird wrote:
ClaireUncensored wrote:I bet just about now Garcia wishes Mom would just shut up and probably his sister, too. Mom rattling on about going fishing and Sis talking about finding the GPS on both cars. Now I certainly hope they keep talking before the lawyer steps in (tomorrow?), but they have a few hours left to talk him up some more.

Now, to me, this is the coolest thing ever that they're upchucking their/his business, but you just know some little tidbit has/will slip out. I can't read the FB comments (FB, et.al. on my blocked trackers) but I can only imagine. ~~C

Sierra Lamar -- Missing 3/16/12 - Page 15 308578
What is interesting to me is that the sister knew he worked at Safeway, however when she was ask by reporter where he was working now she did not know. You would think his employment would come up in conversation, since she know his last employment. I bet he was unemployed and had a lot of time on his hands.

According to this he was no longer at Safeway, but rather he had been working for a construction contractor. Either way, you are right, his sister would have had some idea. She keeps talking about what a small town it was and how close their family is - so she'd know.

"His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators"

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 am

Archived article from Morgan Hill Times - note the month of the Safeway attacks!

2009 top stories
Saturday, January 2, 2010 Natalie Everett
Snipped from article-

CRIME RATTLES RESIDENTS

Crime in 2009

Despite crime being down overall last year, several incidents disrupted routines and yet brought the community together. Harrowing crime rang out in the city throughout the year, unsettling routines and yet bringing the community together. No arrests have been made in any of the year's top incidents, one a spree of gang violence that ended in a homicide and the other a spree of violence against women that culminated in a rape.

Safeway attacks

An unknown man attacked three different women in the two Safeway parking lots over a two-week period in March. The man caused minor injuries to two of the women - one he punched and shot with a stun gun and the other he cut with a knife that belonged to the victim, who tried to defend herself.

Police never found or arrested the man, and no similar attacks have been reported since the last incident March 26, a week after the first two attacks.

Safeway shoppers were on edge for months and the store hired extra security guards to patrol the parking lots on East Dunne and Tennant avenues.

The three victims' descriptions of the assailant matched: about 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet tall, weighing about 200 pounds, in his 20s, and of unknown race.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/community/top-stories/article_ecebf282-330e-57c1-bc76-028d59c32d2f.html

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 am

Lash , that description fits Torres to a T
SweetT
SweetT

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 am

Another MH Times archive - 2 attacks in one night and note the date! Second attack was at 11:25.

Police search for Safeway attacker
Thursday, March 26, 2009 - Michael Moore

Snip- A recent stun gun attack following a forceful attempt at local Safeway Foods stores has local women and the stores' employees on high alert.

Police are still looking for the single suspect they believe is responsible for the two incidents which occurred the evening of March 19, one in each parking lot in front the two Morgan Hill store locations.

Sgt. Jerry Neumayer said detectives are still analyzing evidence that was gathered at the scene of the second incident at 235 Tennant Station, in which a woman was attacked by a man who entered the back seat of her vehicle as she got in the driver's seat. He punched her two or three times and shocked her with a stun gun a couple of times before he was scared away by a passing motorist.

Snip- The first incident March 19 happened about 11 p.m. at the Safeway Foods at 840 East Dunne Ave. The suspect followed a woman to her vehicle as she left the store. Police said she noticed the man following her, and she started walking faster. The would-be attacker also walked faster, and the woman was able to get inside her vehicle and lock the doors just before he reached her, police said. As she drove away the suspect was still attempting to open the door.

The suspect is described as white or Hispanic, in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet tall, weighing about 200 pounds. He was wearing a dark hat, dark pants and a dark shirt, Neumayer said.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/community/police-search-for-safeway-attacker/article_fe5c5df7-3b9c-5982-9398-642c3f4657aa.html

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 am

Lash wrote:Archived article from Morgan Hill Times - note the month of the Safeway attacks!

2009 top stories
Saturday, January 2, 2010 Natalie Everett
Snipped from article-

CRIME RATTLES RESIDENTS

Crime in 2009

Despite crime being down overall last year, several incidents disrupted routines and yet brought the community together. Harrowing crime rang out in the city throughout the year, unsettling routines and yet bringing the community together. No arrests have been made in any of the year's top incidents, one a spree of gang violence that ended in a homicide and the other a spree of violence against women that culminated in a rape.

Safeway attacks

An unknown man attacked three different women in the two Safeway parking lots over a two-week period in March. The man caused minor injuries to two of the women - one he punched and shot with a stun gun and the other he cut with a knife that belonged to the victim, who tried to defend herself.

Police never found or arrested the man, and no similar attacks have been reported since the last incident March 26, a week after the first two attacks.

Safeway shoppers were on edge for months and the store hired extra security guards to patrol the parking lots on East Dunne and Tennant avenues.

The three victims' descriptions of the assailant matched: about 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet tall, weighing about 200 pounds, in his 20s, and of unknown race.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/community/top-stories/article_ecebf282-330e-57c1-bc76-028d59c32d2f.html

BBM
This confirms something for me - I'm not one to go for far-fetched theories, in fact I'm usually the person who follows the mantra of the simplest answer usually is the correct one. But I'm also a patterns person. I still think there is something to the pattern of an increase in Morgan Hill assaults on women and the timing of Torres's facing the reality of having to support yet another baby. Notice I didn't say that all assaults *ceased* just that there seems to be reports from this particular area that suggest that the assaults peaked in these two years -- 2009 and 2012 - both years where Torres is expecting to be tied down to the responsibility of being an expectant father.

Also, I'd like to know more about which of the relatives was the victim of sexual abuse by the father, Genaro Garcia

The sister Lucero made an interesting comment which may be benign or it may lend insight:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20694505/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

His father is in jail, suspected of sexual abuse.
"With everything that happened to us, he stayed real strong," his sister, Lucero Garcia, 26, said Wednesday.

Sexual abuse in a family is documented as being something that is often carried forward by the sons. I do not have the stats handy, but I'm sure none of you are unfamiliar with the stats that say abuse (either domestic or sexual) carried out by the father is often perpetuated in the son(s) or at the very least creates the sociopathy exhibited by the sons.

Two words: Steven Powell..... need I say more?
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am

Lash wrote:Another MH Times archive - 2 attacks in one night and note the date! Second attack was at 11:25.

Snip- A recent stun gun attack following a forceful attempt at local Safeway Foods stores has local women and the stores' employees on high alert.

Police are still looking for the single suspect they believe is responsible for the two incidents which occurred the evening of March 19, one in each parking lot in front the two Morgan Hill store locations.

Holy Shit!

The anniversary date - Three years later (and in both cases, wife Francine preggers).
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Help.

Line ups done?
Swabs for DNA?
Surveillance cameras?

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/safeway-stores-on-guard-after-third-attack/article_97f00349-5138-5b8d-913f-851f19b165e5.html

my understanding from an article yesterday is that the 3 attacks were reported from 2 different Safeway locations that are a few blocks from each other - one on Dunne and one on Tenant. Two are at one and one is at the other - but I don't know the order.

True.

But my question still stands as to if an employee was involved how suspicion could and consuderation as a suspect could have been avoided.

Agreed. I live in a different part of the country with different cultural dynamics. But I am not going to assume that Torres's general appearance is so unique and distinctive to his area (which seems to be heavily Latino populated. Perhaps at that time Torres wasn't the only person who fit that description - even though looking back now with the advantage of having hindsight and the knowlege that forensic evidence shows he is capable of such crime, we can now very clearly see that resemblance.

A lot happens to people when they "like" someone and they willingly see past certain obvious things. An article this morning talks about how well liked Torres was at Safeway -- he was described as very sociable with the clientelle and moved up the ranks quickly. He was regarded well, and the shoppers liked him. Based on that bias, people will be willing to shrug that off in a cloud of doubt and say to themselves, "No, not him- he's too nice".
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 am

Megan's Law - a few Genaro Garcia RSO's. We still have no DOB for dad. It is hard to determine and I am pretty confident he has used different last names.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=NAMELIST&LASTNAME=GARCIA&FIRSTNAME=GENARO&SB=0&PageNo=1
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 am

Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Help.

Line ups done?
Swabs for DNA?
Surveillance cameras?

True.

Agreed. I live in a different part of the country with different cultural dynamics. But I am not going to assume that Torres's general appearance is so unique and distinctive to his area (which seems to be heavily Latino populated. Perhaps at that time Torres wasn't the only person who fit that description - even though looking back now with the advantage of having hindsight and the knowlege that forensic evidence shows he is capable of such crime, we can now very clearly see that resemblance.

A lot happens to people when they "like" someone and they willingly see past certain obvious things. An article this morning talks about how well liked Torres was at Safeway -- he was described as very sociable with the clientelle and moved up the ranks quickly. He was regarded well, and the shoppers liked him. Based on that bias, people will be willing to shrug that off in a cloud of doubt and say to themselves, "No, not him- he's too nice".

So who was handling the assaults investigation?

Safeway or Law Enforecment?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 am

Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:Another MH Times archive - 2 attacks in one night and note the date! Second attack was at 11:25.

Holy Shit!

The anniversary date - Three years later (and in both cases, wife Francine preggers).

Wedding Anniversary??????
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Thu May 24, 2012 11:28 am

OK Stolat: I agree there are a lot of coincidences here. Which raises more questions such as. Does Torres wife suddenly become unattractive to him when she is pregnant? Or does she start denying sex with her husband because she is pregnant? Or at least having a lot less of it? Another point about the sexual abuse with his father. Speaking from experience of being sexually abused by a relative not blood related but pedophile I can say that they tend to not care what sex they molest and in fact a lot of them prefer boys. Just saying sick as it is..
Another thing, since you are a numbers person..if this is an annual thing for what ever reason, perhaps we need to look at crime in this area of perhaps people reported missing during 2010 and 2011 in the same time frames...because clearly he went from trying to abduct people to murder. When and where did it get to the point he had it down pat?
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 am

Tamta: I think Stolat was referring to the date Sierra went missing, it is very close to the same date the other women were attacked in safeway parking lot...just 3 yrs apart.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:32 am

Lash wrote:Megan's Law - a few Genaro Garcia RSO's. We still have no DOB for dad. It is hard to determine and I am pretty confident he has used different last names.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=NAMELIST&LASTNAME=GARCIA&FIRSTNAME=GENARO&SB=0&PageNo=1

Actually Lash - I think this may be easier to figure out.

We know Benicio (Antolin's older brother) is 8 years his senior -- that would make him 29 or 30 if he were still alive today.

We know it's not Garcia #2 -- he was born in '77 -- that makes him 34 yrs old and would make him 6 yrs old when Benicio was born

Garcia #3 was born in '67 and is 45 years old - and would have been 16 yrs old when Benicio born

Garcia #1 is almost 47 (born in 65) and would have been 18 yrs old when Benicio born

I'm going to put my bets on Garcia #1 -- the resemblence to Antolin is much closer -- *and* almost a dead ringer for the sister Lucero.

EDITED: I notice that Garcia #1 seems to be AWOL at present (see the "Offenses" tab) Garcia #3 has been released since 1989.

Someone just posted that they saw a recent warrant or record filed for 2012 -- I wonder if this is related to the fact that Garcia #1 is considered in violation of his registration??

Last edited by Stolat on Thu May 24, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:35 am

SweetT wrote:Tamta: I think Stolat was referring to the date Sierra went missing, it is very close to the same date the other women were attacked in safeway parking lot...just 3 yrs apart.

I jumped the gun SweetT - - I saw Mar 19 and thought Mar 16 -- now THAT would be really really Joran Van DerSloot creepy if the assaults occurred on the very exact same day.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 am

Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Help.

Line ups done?
Swabs for DNA?
Surveillance cameras?

True.

So who was handling the assaults investigation?

That I don't know, and likely someone right now is catching some major shit for the possibility of having the criminal right under their noses the whole time -- both at Safeway management AND Morgan Hill LE. I imagine many of the same officers are still present at the precinct that were assigned to the case back then. Holy Super Embarrassment Batman!!
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 11:41 am

Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:Megan's Law - a few Genaro Garcia RSO's. We still have no DOB for dad. It is hard to determine and I am pretty confident he has used different last names.

Actually Lash - I think this may be easier to figure out.

We know Benicio (Antolin's older brother) is 8 years his senior -- that would make him 29 or 30 if he were still alive today.

We know it's not Garcia #2 -- he was born in '77 -- that makes him 34 yrs old and would make him 6 yrs old when Benicio was born

Garcia #3 was born in '67 and is 45 years old - and would have been 16 yrs old when Benicio born

Garcia #1 is almost 47 (born in 65) and would have been 18 yrs old when Benicio born

I'm going to put my bets on Garcia #1 -- the resemblence to Antolin is much closer -- *and* almost a dead ringer for the sister Lucero.

I am focused on #1. My thoughts exactly. He is in violation with no known address. Could be because he is in jail. Unfortunately record systems are slow and not all databases cross reference each other. Possibly using another name as well. However, I'm going to stay on the fence because we don't have a definite DOB and his name is also very popular. I found another RSO in TX with the same name and at least 10 aliases!!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 am

Did anyone hear in the video with Laura/mom when she was talking about the children? She said the "older" one. It starts at the 1:00 mark. I got the impression there may be another child that does not live with them. The recent interview with AGT's sisters also mentioned Francine and he were high school sweethearts. Can someone else listen and tell me what they hear?

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/sierra-lamar-case-mother-of-suspect-antolin-garcia/vHP2S/
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Stolat, I think you have something there. I can't link and I have a weird format fo RC on work 'puter. But someone on NG or HLN Tuesday said the same thing about the pregnant thing.
nanshin
nanshin

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Tamta wrote:So who was handling the assaults investigation?

Tamta - The video below @ about the 3:10 mark the reporter states Morgan Hill PD handled the Safeway assaults. A Sgt. Jerry Neumayer was named in the MH Times archived articles. The reporter on video continues on to say that once the DNA was back from the juicy bag, the Santa Clara PD went to local PD looking for any attempted kidnappings in the area. Morgan Hill PD came forward with the Safeway assaults.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/7314578-team-coverage-suspect-details-emerge-in-lamar-disappearance/#.T7v26Y-t22g.email

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Stolat wrote:

Holy Shit!

I spotted that. Still processing the "why" ?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Thu May 24, 2012 12:45 pm

freckles: since your probably not a crazed serial killer/stalker etc which means you are probably in your right mind. The WHY? may not come so easily.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by kimi_SFC Thu May 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Via hotsteno: (referring to turnout at the Search Center at Burnett & the focus @ Uvas Reservoir)
Sad

@hotsteno: Almost 200 people on a Wed! Yeah! FYI gf's mom's house only 12-min drive to mine. http://t.co/SBQqWlGG #JUSTICEFORSIERRA

[Link is to Video segment from KTVU]
kimi_SFC
kimi_SFC

Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu May 24, 2012 12:56 pm

The artist sketches (posted several pages back and with the current pic of suspect overlay) are so much like the postings he put in his myspace photo albums. He had several of himself in a black and a red hoodie. I swear, they are identical to the PD sketch up. (Oddly, his myspace has not been updated for a few years so the sketch and the pics would have been contempories.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu May 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Lash wrote:Did anyone hear in the video with Laura/mom when she was talking about the children? She said the "older" one. It starts at the 1:00 mark. I got the impression there may be another child that does not live with them. The recent interview with AGT's sisters also mentioned Francine and he were high school sweethearts. Can someone else listen and tell me what they hear?

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/sierra-lamar-case-mother-of-suspect-antolin-garcia/vHP2S/

i believe when she said "older one" she meant the 1 1/2 year old, as opposed to the baby Francine is pregnant with. you can hear reporters confirming this also in the background re: the baby that is still to be born.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Lash wrote:

Tamta - The video below @ about the 3:10 mark the reporter states Morgan Hill PD handled the Safeway assaults. A Sgt. Jerry Neumayer was named in the MH Times archived articles. The reporter on video continues on to say that once the DNA was back from the juicy bag, the Santa Clara PD went to local PD looking for any attempted kidnappings in the area. Morgan Hill PD came forward with the Safeway assaults.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/7314578-team-coverage-suspect-details-emerge-in-lamar-disappearance/#.T7v26Y-t22g.email

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

My concern also was Regarding him escaping the scrutiny of a line up prints and DNA retrieval from 2009 LE inquiries into these incidents, and another opportunity for his apprehension after DNA was collected from his 2010 assault.

The knife incident to me seems like a highly possible DNA catch Without knowing further details on these attacks.

I was just having a 'wow for real?' moment last night when I finally read a 2009 article.

Last edited by Tamta on Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : messed up quotes)
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Freckles wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Holy Shit!

I spotted that. Still processing the "why" ?

Personally, for me the "Why" is not so elusive and it was the first thing I thought of.

When my ex first started having wild affairs with his coworkers is when I got pregnant. He couldn't handle the responsibility and the thought that for once in his life he had to behave like a grownup. So he used his sex addiction to escape his reality. Sex addiction is not being addicted to having sex -- it is the irresponsible use of sex as a tool to deal with things in one's reality that they are avoiding facing head on.

Torre's own teacher basically called him "lazy" - saying he quit school not for lack of aptitude but lack of followthrough. That combination of urge to shrug responsibility and need to use irresponsible sex addiction as a way to escape reality seem to go hand in hand. Also, the profile of sex assailants often include the trait of needing to exert control over someone else when in reality they feel they have no control over themselves. This too seems true wtih Torres - he may feel pinned down by his wife's untimely pregnancy (I HIGHLY doubt that if they were forced to live in a cramped trailer that he would have PLANNED to have yet another child that he already couldn't afford). He may feel that she has stripped him of control and he has the urge to exude control and dominance over someone else to compensate. Their first pregnancy in 2009 was when she was a minor and unmarried and also likely unplanned.

Last edited by Stolat on Thu May 24, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Oops phone post mistake sorry.

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

My concern also was Regarding him escaping the scrutiny of a line up prints and DNA retrieval from 2009 LE inquiries into these incidents, and another opportunity for his apprehension after DNA was collected from his 2010 assault.

The knife incident to me seems like a highly possible DNA catch Without knowing further details on these attacks.

I was just having a 'wow for real?' moment last night when I finally read a 2009 article.

Tamta - Sheriff Laurie Smith said in March of 2009 there were three assaults in Morgan Hill and they have linked one of those to the suspect through forensic evidence. His DNA was entered in CODIS in 2010 for his misdemeanor/assault. Since Morgan Hill did not have a suspect in 2009, they couldn't enter whatever forensics they had from the 2009 attacks right? Maybe I'm wrong. The DNA from the juicy purse was a hit on the 2010 sample entered in CODIS. Could MH PD continued to compare their forensics to CODIS and maybe in 2010 received a hit? Is that what you're questioning?

I'm really hoping a victim from the Safeway attacks was asked to look at a photo lineup before he was arrested.

Last edited by Lash on Thu May 24, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Quotes)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 pm

[quote="Lash"]
Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

Tamta - Sheriff Laurie Smith said in March of 2009 there were three assaults in Morgan Hill and they have linked one of those to the suspect through forensic evidence. His DNA was entered in CODIS in 2010 for his misdemeanor/assault. Since Morgan Hill did not have a suspect in 2009, they couldn't enter whatever forensics they had from the 2009 attacks right? Maybe I'm wrong. The DNA from the juicy purse was a hit on the 2010 sample entered in CODIS. Could MH PD continued to compare their forensics to CODIS and maybe in 2010 received a hit? Is that what you're questioning?

I'm really hoping a victim from the Safeway attacks was asked to look at a photo lineup before he was arrested.

Lash - I read this too -- that his DNA is connected to one of the 2009 assaults.

"The DNA evidence used to arrest him also links him to at least one assault in March 2009, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57440289-504083/antolin-garcia-torres-man-arrested-in-the-disappearance-of-calif-teen-sierra-lamar-was-under-24-hour-surveillance/
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetT Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Lash: Me too! I also hope they go over all attempted abductions, missing persons cases etc and get some hits, so they can add to the charges he is already facing. I feel if they can get enough to add up that he will be more likely to start singing.
SweetT
SweetT

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 pm

[quote="Lash"]
Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

I do hope there was a line up.

I do remember where they finally got Torres DNA, although if he was an employee at Safeway it seems like all of the males should have prints and DNA samples taken from them after those incidents- not to mention take a trip to the PD for a line up.

Obviously he did not give DNA because it was not in CODIS.
(Considering the severity of those attacks and the senstivity of the location-lots of women shop there, it is concerning he was not compelled to be printed and swabbed just for the mere fact that he is known to be on premises regularly and all employees should have been out ruled first.)

I do not think he could have been apprehended before 2010, that is assuming that he was put under the scrutiny of prints and DNA in 2009, which apparently he was not because LS says he was not in codis until 2010.

Maybe my concern is not purposeful because Sierra is no longer with us, but I am sad that he could have come onto the radar sooner through a line up or DNA.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm

SweetT wrote:Lash: Me too! I also hope they go over all attempted abductions, missing persons cases etc and get some hits, so they can add to the charges he is already facing. I feel if they can get enough to add up that he will be more likely to start singing.

https://www.facebook.com/Find.Sierra.LaMar

on this FB page for Sierra they have been posting missing persons from the area...
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Does anyone know if his arraignment will be televised?
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm

[quote="Stolat"]
Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

Lash - I read this too -- that his DNA is connected to one of the 2009 assaults.

"The DNA evidence used to arrest him also links him to at least one assault in March 2009, Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith said"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57440289-504083/antolin-garcia-torres-man-arrested-in-the-disappearance-of-calif-teen-sierra-lamar-was-under-24-hour-surveillance/

Yes, but my issue is that as someone who was on that premise regularly, he should have been looked at first with having to give prints, DNA, and go through a line up in 2009 and then already he would have been in CODIS prior to 2010 and then could have been a viable suspect in the 2009 incidents at the time he was arrested for assault in 2010.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 2:16 pm

[quote="Tamta"]
Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

Yes, but my issue is that as someone who was on that premise regularly, he should have been looked at first with having to give prints, DNA, and go through a line up in 2009 and then already he would have been in CODIS prior to 2010 and then could have been a viable suspect in the 2009 incidents at the time he was arrested for assault in 2010.

I am inclined to think they did not assign proper severity to these cases when they occurred and failed to do a great many things. The assaults occurred over a 2 week period and then suddenly stopped. There were no deaths, one of the girls got away before he even had a chance to touch her - and in fact if I recall Smith's words correctly - none of the assaults were classified as sexual - only assaults (meaning for whatever reason they were either interrrupted/intervened or they did not end in a sexual violation). Perhaps LE felt the severity was lower compared to other crimes they had juggling at the time. Afterall, they did not seem to perpetuate and suddenly stopped (why ? i don't know, maybe Torres got scared of all the attention and focus it generated). In general, I have observed police have never really given proper treatment to crimes against women -- look at how many rape victims claim they are either ignored by the police or have their stories challenged or doubted. I think the police looked at these incidents as simply assaults and since they wer not sexual assaults, they had bigger fish to fry.

Also, I think Safeway wanted this whole thing swept under their carpet as SOON as possible and hushed up for fear of scaring off customers. To catch a criminal would mean weeks of high exposure and publicity -- something Safeway would surely NOT want. Food for thought.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm

[quote="Stolat"]
Tamta wrote:
Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:

------

Sure that makes sense.
Thanks.

I am inclined to think they did not assign proper severity to these cases when they occurred and failed to do a great many things. The assaults occurred over a 2 week period and then suddenly stopped. There were no deaths, one of the girls got away before he even had a chance to touch her - and in fact if I recall Smith's words correctly - none of the assaults were classified as sexual - only assaults (meaning for whatever reason they were either interrrupted/intervened or they did not end in a sexual violation). Perhaps LE felt the severity was lower compared to other crimes they had juggling at the time. Afterall, they did not seem to perpetuate and suddenly stopped (why ? i don't know, maybe Torres got scared of all the attention and focus it generated). In general, I have observed police have never really given proper treatment to crimes against women -- look at how many rape victims claim they are either ignored by the police or have their stories challenged or doubted. I think the police looked at these incidents as simply assaults and since they wer not sexual assaults, they had bigger fish to fry.

Also, I think Safeway wanted this whole thing swept under their carpet as SOON as possible and hushed up for fear of scaring off customers. To catch a criminal would mean weeks of high exposure and publicity -- something Safeway would surely NOT want. Food for thought.

Considering the great responsibility and the immense power that goes along with protecting citizens from harm:

NOT OKAY.

I'm pissed.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Thu May 24, 2012 2:28 pm

ishi wrote:Does anyone know if his arraignment will be televised?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/lloyd/nPC3r/
Prosecutors in Sierra LaMar case face challenge with lack of physical evidence

--snipped--

Thursday afternoon, he is scheduled to be walked over to the hall of justice through an underground tunnel for a 1:30 p.m. arraignment for the kidnapping and murder of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

Cameras are being allowed in the courtroom for the arraignment and for the first time, the public may actually hear from Antolin Garcia-Torres.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Tamta - I understand your thoughts. When I searched the archives of the MH Times, I found seven articles concerning the Safeway attacks. It was a scary time in 2009 for female residents of MH. It seemed this was a top priority in MH. Then I ran across a letter to the editor. I had to cut the letter short for copyright reasons, she actually made 3 visits and nothing was ever done. In my opinion MH PD and Safeway had a responsibility to their residents to do provide as much safety as possible. I believe working parking lot lights in an area where assaults had occurred should have been a given!

-In the evening on May 18th, I visited the same Safeway store on E. Dunne Ave. around 9:30pm to pick up some groceries and to use the Wells Fargo ATM and was completely surprised that the parking lot was pitch black with three of the four overhead pole lights burnt out. Being concerned and feeling uncomfortable in the parking lot, I asked to speak to a manager. I let her know that the lights were out and that I felt unsafe coming into the store and asked that they fix them. Her reply was that it wasn't Safeway's responsibility, but it was the landlord's instead. I told her that may be the case, but it was Safeway's responsibility to put the request into the landlord a to get the lights fixed.

-Tonight, June 10th, 23 days since my first visit, I went to the same store around 8:30pm. I was flabbergasted that the lights are still burned out and the parking lot is still very much in the dark. I again asked to speak to the manager on duty. I voiced my concern that the parking lot lights had not been fixed and that I, as a female customer, didn't feel safe shopping there. He said that a request had been put in but that they were waiting for the maintenance company to fix the lights. I told him that it should only take one escalated phone call by the Store Manager to get a truck out there to get the lights fixed. He said that they would have to call the District office to make the request.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/letters-safeway-needs-to-do-more-to-protect-shoppers/article_e7df5bef-9aa3-51d1-83cd-181844a65d9a.html
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Ellejay! It is so good to see you! And thank you very much for the info.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Lash wrote:Tamta - I understand your thoughts. When I searched the archives of the MH Times, I found seven articles concerning the Safeway attacks. It was a scary time in 2009 for female residents of MH. It seemed this was a top priority in MH. Then I ran across a letter to the editor. I had to cut the letter short for copyright reasons, she actually made 3 visits and nothing was ever done. In my opinion MH PD and Safeway had a responsibility to their residents to do provide as much safety as possible. I believe working parking lot lights in an area where assaults had occurred should have been a given!

-In the evening on May 18th, I visited the same Safeway store on E. Dunne Ave. around 9:30pm to pick up some groceries and to use the Wells Fargo ATM and was completely surprised that the parking lot was pitch black with three of the four overhead pole lights burnt out. Being concerned and feeling uncomfortable in the parking lot, I asked to speak to a manager. I let her know that the lights were out and that I felt unsafe coming into the store and asked that they fix them. Her reply was that it wasn't Safeway's responsibility, but it was the landlord's instead. I told her that may be the case, but it was Safeway's responsibility to put the request into the landlord a to get the lights fixed.

-Tonight, June 10th, 23 days since my first visit, I went to the same store around 8:30pm. I was flabbergasted that the lights are still burned out and the parking lot is still very much in the dark. I again asked to speak to the manager on duty. I voiced my concern that the parking lot lights had not been fixed and that I, as a female customer, didn't feel safe shopping there. He said that a request had been put in but that they were waiting for the maintenance company to fix the lights. I told him that it should only take one escalated phone call by the Store Manager to get a truck out there to get the lights fixed. He said that they would have to call the District office to make the request.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/letters-safeway-needs-to-do-more-to-protect-shoppers/article_e7df5bef-9aa3-51d1-83cd-181844a65d9a.html

Disgusting.

I think this answer and sentiment explains EXACTLY why no one placed very high priority on catching what likely ended up becoming a KILLER later on -- when he very likely could have been apprehended right then and there.

Lash - I wish you would forward that letter to somebody -- I'll BET it would NOW get the attention it deserves in the media. Safeway most certainly had a responsibility to its shoppers to ensure their safety - NOT the landlord. That's just a cost of doing business -- you don't just assume someone else will pick up that expense for you.

Last edited by Stolat on Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Stolat wrote:
Lash wrote:Tamta - I understand your thoughts. When I searched the archives of the MH Times, I found seven articles concerning the Safeway attacks. It was a scary time in 2009 for female residents of MH. It seemed this was a top priority in MH. Then I ran across a letter to the editor. I had to cut the letter short for copyright reasons, she actually made 3 visits and nothing was ever done. In my opinion MH PD and Safeway had a responsibility to their residents to do provide as much safety as possible. I believe working parking lot lights in an area where assaults had occurred should have been a given!

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/opinion/letteOrs_to_the_editor/letters-safeway-needs-to-do-more-to-protect-shoppers/article_e7df5bef-9aa3-51d1-83cd-181844a65d9a.html

Disgusting.

I think this answer and sentiment explains EXACTLY why no one placed very high priority on catching what likely ended up becoming a KILLER later on -- when he very likely could have been apprehended right then and there.

Sickening.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Honeysage wrote:
Lash wrote:Did anyone hear in the video with Laura/mom when she was talking about the children? She said the "older" one. It starts at the 1:00 mark. I got the impression there may be another child that does not live with them. The recent interview with AGT's sisters also mentioned Francine and he were high school sweethearts. Can someone else listen and tell me what they hear?

i believe when she said "older one" she meant the 1 1/2 year old, as opposed to the baby Francine is pregnant with. you can hear reporters confirming this also in the background re: the baby that is still to be born.

Thank you Honey! I listened again and I think you're correct. Listening to the reporters in the background helped!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMom Thu May 24, 2012 2:56 pm

SweetT wrote:Stolat: Yes and someone had better have a few hours on their hands to get their and drive back...unless they stayed in Yosemite for a few days first.

If I were leaving Morgan Hill to go to Yosemite, I would NOT head up 101 towards Fremont. I would take the 152 fwy, it would be a shorter, although windier, route.

JMO

SuperMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm

SuperMom wrote:
SweetT wrote:Stolat: Yes and someone had better have a few hours on their hands to get their and drive back...unless they stayed in Yosemite for a few days first.

If I were leaving Morgan Hill to go to Yosemite, I would NOT head up 101 towards Fremont. I would take the 152 fwy, it would be a shorter, although windier, route.

JMO

Hi SuperMom! Is this the same SuperMom from THM?
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Tza Thu May 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Sgt. Jerry Neumayer said detectives are still analyzing evidence that was gathered at the scene of the second incident at 235 Tennant Station, in which a woman was attacked by a man who entered the back seat of her vehicle as she got in the driver's seat. He punched her two or three times and shocked her with a stun gun a couple of times before he was scared away by a passing motorist.

Snip- The first incident March 19 happened about 11 p.m. at the Safeway Foods at 840 East Dunne Ave. The suspect followed a woman to her vehicle as she left the store. Police said she noticed the man following her, and she started walking faster. The would-be attacker also walked faster, and the woman was able to get inside her vehicle and lock the doors just before he reached her, police said. As she drove away the suspect was still attempting to open the door.

The suspect is described as white or Hispanic, in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet tall, weighing about 200 pounds. He was wearing a dark hat, dark pants and a dark shirt, Neumayer said.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/community/police-search-for-safeway-attacker/article_fe5c5df7-3b9c-5982-9398-642c3f4657aa.html

So, does he simply have Friday off in the third week of every March and this is how he entertains himself? That's TRULY unnerving. I wonder if the date is significant. That's a fairly substantial coincidence. Yes, I'm behind on the thread, as usual!
Ellie Tza
Ellie Tza

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Authorities to Release More Evidence Against Accused Killer of Sierra Lamar after Thursday Hearing - KRON 4 News By: Brian Shields

Snip- "Detectives believe that the evidence they have in this case is strong," Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Haaziq Madyun.  "It points to him and only to him as the primary suspect in this case.  The main components we have are her bag and inside that bag are numerous items.  What that yielded was Garcia-Torres' DNA on some of Sierra's property that was located a couple of days after she went missing."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4222
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaof4 Thu May 24, 2012 3:33 pm

bounce
ishi wrote:Hi Ellejay! It is so good to see you! And thank you very much for the info.
Ellejay, I'm so happy to see you are here. I have missed you and your excellent ability to find whatever info we need that is available. bounce bounce

nanaof4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but I hope the one with the fastest draw is going to post here the upshot of Torres' arraignment today.

I'm unable to follow it in real time today.

TIA!!!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next