Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain

+4
Tob in Ohio
DebFrmHell
Stolat
Justice4all
8 posters

Go down

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain Empty Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am

Missing Tennessee Girls Found Alive, Suspected Killer Adam Mayes Shoots Self Dead

By YUNJI DeNIES, PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC) , MICHAEL S. JAMES (@bymsj) and COLLEEN CURRY
May 10, 2012

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Two Tennessee girls missing since their mother and sister were murdered were rescued today in Mississippi, where their suspected abductor apparently shot himself to death, an FBI official said.

"The girls were found alive and appear to be unharmed," Daniel McMullen, the FBI special agent in charge for the state of Mississippi, told reporters. "Officers also apprehended top-10 fugitive Adam Mayes. Preliminary reports indicate Mayes shot himself in the head and was later pronounced dead in an area hospital."

Units with the Mississippi Highway Patrol rescued Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain, ages 12 and 8, and found Mayes, 35, suspected of abducting them and killing their mother and sister, in a wooded area a few miles from his home in Union County, Miss., sources said. Mayes was treated in an ambulance at the scene of his shooting and taken to a hospital around 7 p.m.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-killer-adam-mayes-shoots-dead-missing-tennessee/story?id=16319838#.T7EnpFJ62Sp

Last edited by Justice4all on Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain Empty Re: Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 11:44 am

Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain, kidnapped Tenn. sisters, survived for 3 days without food and water, officials say

May 14, 2012 10:14 AM
By Crimesider Staff

(CBS/AP) GUNTOWN, Miss. - Now that two kidnapped girls, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain, have been reunited with their family, it will be up to them to answer the many lingering questions in the case. It's still unclear how long 12-year-old Alexandria and 8-year-old Kyliyah had to survive in the woods with their abductor, Adam Mayes, but according to officials, the girls told their rescuers they had gone without food and water for three days.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57433582-504083/alexandria-and-kyliyah-bain-kidnapped-tenn-sisters-survived-for-3-days-without-food-and-water-officials-say/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain Empty Re: Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain

Post by Justice4all Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 am

Authorities: Girls 'within inches' of kidnapper who turned gun on himself

By Mariano Castillo and Greg Botelho, CNN
updated 10:24 PM EDT, Fri May 11, 2012

(CNN) -- Dirty, dehydrated and starving, itching all over with poison ivy and bug bites, 12-year-old Alexandra Bain and her 8-year-old sister Kyliyah Bain lay face-down in a swath of northern Mississippi woods -- their kidnapper by their side.

Thirteen days earlier, authorities say the girls were abducted from their Whiteville, Tennessee, home by Adam Mayes after he strangled their mother and 14-year-old sister.

And for the last three days, Alexandria and Kyliyah had nothing to eat or drink.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justice/tennessee-missing-children/index.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for this thread Justice4all - I was avidly following this case last few weeks and ironically it was the story that caused me to realize something was very wrong over at the hinky. I tried to log on early Friday morning to discuss the bombshell news that Mayes had shot himself and the girls were safe and made several (okay, maybe a hundred) failed attempts to log on to the Hinky to post all the new facts I gleaned from the case the previous night.

Looming in the aftershock is the pending trial for Theresa Mayes (Adam's wife) and mother Mary Frances. She could face the death penalty. What remains to be seen was how complicit Theresa Mayes was in the killings. This is likely something that the two surviving daughters can quickly sum up if they were present (which it has been strongly intimated by anonymous liaisons to reporters that they were). She had motive to participate as she firmly believed Adam had a long-running affair with JoAnn Bain. But yet she also has documented claims of abuse by husband Adam as well as family testimony that states Theresa was a mentally challenged pawn in Adam's controlled universe.

What also will likely materialize during these continued investigations will be motive - did Adam really feel these two girls were "his" as in daughters or "his" as in objects of desire. Sadly, my bet is on the latter. I think creepy suicidal abusive men more likely fall under the crazed obsessed molesting pervert category before they'd fall under the protective-go-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-to-get-custody-of-two-daughters category. The girls are old enough to testify and they have been medically examined at a Memphis hospital for Children --such tests were not specifically detailed, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to correctly guess they will likely perform both types of exams: 1) Sexual molestation 2) DNA paternity testing

I think DNA paternity would be a must for the pending trial. If DNA comes back positive, then motive for Theresa has some foundation as it would substantiate that Adam had intimate relations with JoAnn at some time during the marriage of Theresa to Adam (I think they've been married 12 yrs and Kyliah is only 8). If it comes back negative, Theresa may still have motive based on her perception, but one can argue that Adam may have used that argument to taunt and manipulate Theresa as further evidence of his emotional abuse. And through that emotional battering, she was intimidated into compliance.

Don't get me wrong -- she was wrong either way. But one action deserves the death penalty and the other action likely would be many years in prison - enough years to keep her away from the next Adam Mayes and her next bad decision.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 am

I don't think I have felt relief like I did when those young girls were found alive. After the video where he bought just the one soda, I thought it was looking was very, very grim.

Adam Mayes is a died in the wool effing coward. He imposed his own death penalty. His mother and wife are two more peices of work. Who would place "their children" in a car for a long drive with a murdered mother and sister? And what mother and wife would go along for the ride?

It was just too crazy for me to even comprehend. And I am certifiable.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am

DebFrmHell wrote:I don't think I have felt relief like I did when those young girls were found alive. After the video where he bought just the one soda, I thought it was looking was very, very grim.

Adam Mayes is a died in the wool effing coward. He imposed his own death penalty. His mother and wife are two more peices of work. Who would place "their children" in a car for a long drive with a murdered mother and sister? And what mother and wife would go along for the ride?

Exactly Deb -- what biological father would allow their daughters to watch them murder their mother and sister then force them to ride with their corpses in the car for 90 minutes? No biological father would, that's who. Because Adam most likely wasn't. This was about transporting two sex toys to his home like Garrido penning up Jaycee. I hate to be blunt but there is zero evidence Adam was doing anything that indicated he had paternal instincts or motives.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Stolat wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:I don't think I have felt relief like I did when those young girls were found alive. After the video where he bought just the one soda, I thought it was looking was very, very grim.

Exactly Deb -- what biological father would allow their daughters to watch them murder their mother and sister then force them to ride with their corpses in the car for 90 minutes? No biological father would, that's who. Because Adam most likely wasn't. This was about transporting two sex toys to his home like Garrido penning up Jaycee. I hate to be blunt but there is zero evidence Adam was doing anything that indicated he had paternal instincts or motives.

But those girls were not sexually assaulted and he had them for days. At least other than little food or water, I thought those were their only physical injuries.

I just can't fathom it but I am a different kind of crazy!
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:
Stolat wrote:

But those girls were not sexually assaulted and he had them for days. At least other than little food or water, I thought those were their only physical injuries.

Oh, that is news to me -- did the results come back that show they were not sexually molested - either at that time or any other time Mayes was with them? Because otherwise, the cops said that they were unharmed -- that refers to outwardly (ie., no signs of abuse or injuries), but the police never comment - that I've ever seen - on whether the children were molested until they've been examined properly and diagnosed as such by medical professionals. They wouldn't be the ones to make that determination. And likely since they are minors they will not release that information publicly anyway -- at least not until such information will be used in court with Theresa and Mary Mayes.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Bain family focused on healing
During the ordeal, rumors swirled that Mayes was the father of one or more of the girls. David Livingston, a Bain family spokesperson, said that is a rumor the family wants to put to rest.

"Let me emphatically say there's no way that Adam Mayes is the father of any of these children," said Livingston. "And that when confronted about that, Adam would say, 'Oh, I know I'm not the father, I just love them like I'm their father.'"

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18420542/bain-family-focused-on-healing
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Stolat wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Oh, that is news to me -- did the results come back that show they were not sexually molested - either at that time or any other time Mayes was with them? Because otherwise, the cops said that they were unharmed -- that refers to outwardly (ie., no signs of abuse or injuries), but the police never comment - that I've ever seen - on whether the children were molested until they've been examined properly and diagnosed as such by medical professionals. They wouldn't be the ones to make that determination. And likely since they are minors they will not release that information publicly anyway -- at least not until such information will be used in court with Theresa and Mary Mayes.
Sorry, I might be mistaken. That is what I gathered from the news reports. They were released so quickly.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Custody Battle Could Separate Surviving Bain Sisters

May 13, 2012
Daniel Hight

~Snipped~

Since then, we’ve learned the two girls have different fathers and that could lead to more troubles for them.

More than a year ago, Mark Johnson signed over the fatherly rights to his daughters, Adrienne and Alexandria to Jo Ann Bain’s current husband Gary Bain.

Mark Johnson now wants his surviving daughter, Alexandria, back.

“It was a tough deal for him. He didn’t look at it like he was giving up his kids, but him and Jo Ann and Gary sat down and had a good agreement of what they were doing and why they were doing it. Now that Jo Ann is not in her life, he just wants to get her (Alexandria) back.”

Read more: http://wreg.com/2012/05/12/biological-father-of-alexandria-bain-seeking-custody/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 am

Justice4all wrote:Custody Battle Could Separate Surviving Bain Sisters

May 13, 2012
Daniel Hight

~Snipped~

Since then, we’ve learned the two girls have different fathers and that could lead to more troubles for them.

More than a year ago, Mark Johnson signed over the fatherly rights to his daughters, Adrienne and Alexandria to Jo Ann Bain’s current husband Gary Bain.

Mark Johnson now wants his surviving daughter, Alexandria, back.

“It was a tough deal for him. He didn’t look at it like he was giving up his kids, but him and Jo Ann and Gary sat down and had a good agreement of what they were doing and why they were doing it. Now that Jo Ann is not in her life, he just wants to get her (Alexandria) back.”

Read more: http://wreg.com/2012/05/12/biological-father-of-alexandria-bain-seeking-custody/

I was afraid that might happen. I hope the courts look at what's best for these two sisters who desperately need to stay in each other's lives.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Thu May 17, 2012 10:14 am

Oh no. Agreed. Those kids need each other right now more than ever.

Sad on so many levels.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 am

DebFrmHell wrote:Oh no. Agreed. Those kids need each other right now more than ever.

Sad on so many levels.

They're all that they have left with each other. They've spent their entire lives in a house full of girls/women - now the dad's want to split them up into an only child household. That would be traumatic.

This Mark person has been out of Alexandria's life for most of her life. He waived his parental rights -- that says something right there. I'm hoping he doesn't all of a sudden want Alexandria back because he's shopping book/movie deals and smells green.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Thu May 17, 2012 11:31 am

Stolat wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:Oh no. Agreed. Those kids need each other right now more than ever.

Sad on so many levels.

They're all that they have left with each other. They've spent their entire lives in a house full of girls/women - now the dad's want to split them up into an only child household. That would be traumatic.

This Mark person has been out of Alexandria's life for most of her life. He waived his parental rights -- that says something right there. I'm hoping he doesn't all of a sudden want Alexandria back because he's shopping book/movie deals and smells green.

I never thought I would say this to anyone but methinks you ar even more cynical than I am.

They had a sit down and he agreed that The Bain family was a good place for his children. They had a solid future, apparently some financial security, an a loving household or he never would have agreed.

IMO, I don't see that it changes that dynamic. It is still a loving household for those two young girls and a solid future as planned. It isn't like Jo Ann Bain chose to leave on her own volition and abandoned them.

So far, menolikey Mark Johnson.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 am

DebFrmHell wrote:
Stolat wrote:

Sad on so many levels.

I never thought I would say this to anyone but methinks you ar even more cynical than I am.

They had a sit down and he agreed that The Bain family was a good place for his children. They had a solid future, apparently some financial security, an a loving household or he never would have agreed.

IMO, I don't see that it changes that dynamic. It is still a loving household for those two young girls and a solid future as planned. It isn't like Jo Ann Bain chose to leave on her own volition and abandoned them.

So far, menolikey Mark Johnson.

Ha!! I *am* pretty cynical. Maybe because we so often see these stories over and over and see how they play out and see what motivates people. My friend had her baby-daddy sign over his rights. He areed to it for money. He was a dead-beat dad on child support and she finally told him to either sign over rights or she'd go after him in court for 4 years of back-pay on child-support. He didn't blink an eye and signed the docs. I don't know if it was right or wrong of her to do that, but he was never around her son and if she was wrong to do that -- he was just as wrong to agree to it.

I agree that the two girls should remain in the household together that they've been acustomed to - if Mark loves his daughter so much, I'm sure Gary would let him see her whenever he wanted. I don't think this has anything to do with visitation however.

These two girls made national headline news and EVERYONE wants to know their story. Just take a look at Jaycee. Whoever controls access to these girls stands to be in a profitable seat for all future media contact.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Mayes' sister shares family secrets; 'Adam wanted a family'

Updated: May 18, 2012 5:54 AM EDT
By Justin Hanson

~Snipped~

"I always knew it would be one of my brothers and sisters, to do something like this, would be a sniper or a serial killer because of the dynamic of my family, it's like what you hear on TV. I just didn't know which one it'd be," she told Action News 5's Justin Hansen in an exclusive interview.

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Read more: http://www.wave3.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Justice4all wrote:Mayes' sister shares family secrets; 'Adam wanted a family'

Updated: May 18, 2012 5:54 AM EDT
By Justin Hanson

~Snipped~

"I always knew it would be one of my brothers and sisters, to do something like this, would be a sniper or a serial killer because of the dynamic of my family, it's like what you hear on TV. I just didn't know which one it'd be," she told Action News 5's Justin Hansen in an exclusive interview.

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Read more: http://www.wave3.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator

Pamela is Adam's oldest sister -- the woman who had been married to Gary Bain and the reason why Adam got to know the Bain family.

Some of us over at the Hinky speculated this might have been the case and might have explained why Gary didn't hear anything that night while all the commotion was going on:

"She says her daughter told her Adam was mixing cocktails in the Bain home the night before the murders and kidnappings. She believes he drugged Gary in order to carry out his plan the next morning.

"The night it happened, he bought the stuff to make tequila sunrises and he was the only one making the drinks, so he may have drugged Gary so that he could get Jo Ann and the girls out of the house and into the garage," Pamela speculated."

Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tob in Ohio Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm

The tragedy never ends for this family. This is one of the saddest cases I have followed in awhile. I hope these fathers and grandparents and cousins and neighbors can find some peace eventually. I hope the girls will be allowed to be with each other. Poor babies.

Tob in Ohio

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Family Doesn't Want Adam Mayes' Body

By: Associated Press | WJTV
Published: June 04, 2012 Updated: June 04, 2012 - 9:36 PM

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Mississippi officials are trying to determine what to do with the body of a man who abducted two young Tennessee girls after he killed their mother and oldest sister.

Read more:
http://www2.wjtv.com/news/2012/jun/04/family-doesnt-want-adam-mayes-body-ar-3915739/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Body of former FBI Most Wanted Fugitive donated for research

Reuters
1:46 p.m. CDT, June 7, 2012
By Emily Le Coz

TUPELO, Miss., June 7 (Reuters) - The family of accused murderer-kidnapper Adam Mayes has donated his body to the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, where forensic students will use it for research, a school spokeswoman said on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt-usa-mississippibodies-donationl1e8h78sy-20120607,0,3759686.story
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:23 pm

I wish he had been donated to UT for research before he died.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:59 am

Justice4all wrote:Body of former FBI Most Wanted Fugitive donated for research

Reuters
1:46 p.m. CDT, June 7, 2012
By Emily Le Coz

TUPELO, Miss., June 7 (Reuters) - The family of accused murderer-kidnapper Adam Mayes has donated his body to the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, where forensic students will use it for research, a school spokeswoman said on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt-usa-mississippibodies-donationl1e8h78sy-20120607,0,3759686.story

Too bad the FBI didn't get the donation. I can't think of a better place for him then rotting in a field somewhere on the Body Farm.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain Empty Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Adam Mayes, New Albany, Miss:
Family fails to claim body:
Clipped-

" Mayes' body was delivered to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for study by students in the forensics department, Union County Medical Examiner Mark Golding said."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/06/09/Body-of-Tenn-killer-donated-to-science/UPI-39711339258860/
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Freckles wrote:Adam Mayes, New Albany, Miss:
Family fails to claim body:
Clipped-

" Mayes' body was delivered to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for study by students in the forensics department, Union County Medical Examiner Mark Golding said."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/06/09/Body-of-Tenn-killer-donated-to-science/UPI-39711339258860/

Isn't that crazy?

"We've had some unusual cases, but none like this where the family won't even accept the remains," Mark Golding, medical examiner in Union County, Mississippi, told WMC-TV.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/06/accused-killers-body-donated-to-science/1

I guess you can also interpret that as not wanting to pay for the burial.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Alexandra and Kyliyah Bain Found Alive After Adam Mayes Commits Suicide -- Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder of Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain Empty Mary Mayes, mother of alleged Tenn. kidnap-killer Adam Mayes, facing tougher charges

Post by Stolat Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm

(CBS/AP) BOLIVAR, Tenn. - Prosecutors are increasing the charges against Mary Mayes, a Tennessee woman accused of helping her son kidnap two young girls after authorities say he killed their mother and oldest sister.

[/url]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57440028-504083/mary-mayes-mother-of-alleged-tenn-kidnap-killer-adam-mayes-facing-tougher-charges/[/url]
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Reward money paid for tips on Tennessee fugitive Adam Mayes, officials confirm

By Yolanda Jones
Posted July 30, 2012 at 2:56 p.m.

The FBI and Tennessee law enforcement officials announced Monday they had paid reward money to several people for information that led to the capture of a fugitive accused of killing a Tennessee mother and daughter and kidnapping two other children.

Adam Mayes, 35, shot himself in the head on May 10 after authorities, acting on a tip, found him and the two young girls near New Albany, Miss, following nearly two weeks of intensive searching.

Read more: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/jul/30/reward-money-paid-for-tips-on-tennessee-fugitive/
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

....The most shocking details came from Teresa Mayes' statement that said Adam Mayes had been planning this kidnapping for more than a year with the 12 year old Bain daughter Alexandria.

The statement also said Adam was in love with Alexandria and he would kiss her and watch her change clothes. When the kidnapping happened, Alexandria apparently was consoling her younger sister Kyliyah.

"Kyliyah started crying and Alex was telling Kyliyah to calm down. She was going to be Kyliyah's new mom and Adam was gonna be Kyliyah's new dad." said TBI agent Valerie Trout while reading Teresa Mayes' statement.

***Ok, while this testimony may have merit, I must remember the context and the person delivering the testimony. This testimony came from Adam Mayes *current wife*.... so she's claiming that she was aware that Alexandria wanted to be Adam Mayes *new wife*. And we're supposed to believe she went along with it?? Like another Nancy Garrido??

A part of me feels like this is finger pointing on Theresa's part and provides contradictory testimony to her earlier statements. Given her immaturity and documented mental disabilities - her motives are very primal. She would naturally be extremely jealous of another object of Adadm's affection. She had already accused Alexandria's mother Joann of having an affair with Adadm, as recently as a few months prior to the abduction -- NOW she's claiming that his real fixation was Alexandria, and that she knew about this as it was planned for a year. And yet she only told others about her jealousy of Joann...not Alexandria. Doesn't jive.

This seems like an extreme bait and switch tactic to get herself off the hook and place the blame on Alexandria. If she implicates Alexandria, then Theresa must feel she's less culpable. On top of that, Theresa has motive to blame Alexandria because she would be naturally jealous of Adam's fixation on her - even if it was unreciprocated.

I'll only buy into this theory if the younger sister Kyliyah testifies to the same. I'm not saying it's not true.

And no matter what - this is only proof that the kidnapping had NOTHING to do with Adam thinking he was abducting his own kids. I said from day one that this was a sexual abduction and never felt any merit to a parental involvement.

**And another important note - recall that police testified that Alexandria's *first* reaction to Mayes's suicide was to console her sister and say "Now we can go home" -- that is NOT the reaction of a girl upset to see her alleged lover kill himself and not the reaction of a girl who desired to run away from home and see her mother and sister killed. Just sayin....

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bains-Wife-Kidnapping-Planned-for-Year-172156121.html
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri May 01, 2015 12:39 am

Updating an old thread:

Mary, Teresa Mayes Sentenced For Kidnapping, Murder
Posted 11:16 am, August 9, 2013, by Rachel Patterson and Adam Hammond, Updated at 05:46pm, August 9, 2013

(Bolivar, TN) Adam Mayes’s mother and wife admitted Friday to having a hand in the murders and kidnapping of the Bain family.

...The district attorney’s office says Gary Bain approached them and asked them to work out a plea deal so his two surviving daughters would not have to go to the Hardeman County courthouse and testify on the stand, making them relive that horrible nightmare.

In court Friday, Teresa Mayes pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and two counts of felony kidnapping.

...The wife of Adam Mayes could have faced life in prison for those crimes, but because of the plea deal, she was sentenced to just 35 years.

Adam Mayes’s mother, Mary, pleaded guilty to two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and will spend the next 13 years in jail.

Read more:  http://wreg.com/2013/08/09/mary-teresa-mayes-sentenced-for-kidnapping-murder/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down