Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty

2 posters

Go down

Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty  Empty Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty

Post by Snaz Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty

posted by halboedeker on June, 24 2012 10:35 AM

snipped

“Any time that you’ve got a case where you believe the defendant — morally, ethically – you believe the defendant is guilty, you should go for it. It belongs before a jury,” Lamar said. ”The fact that it was charged as a first degree does not mean that jury had only first degree as a choice.”

Lamar said he consulted with other prosecutors who agreed that the death penalty was called for because of expert testimony “that the tape was over little Caylee’s mouth and nose.”

“Jeff Ashton wrote the book first,” Sheaffer told Greg Warmoth. “The first one who writes the book and tells their story is usually the one that profits. And, by the way, now, after Jeff Ashton’s book, is anyone really going to believe anything that comes from her mouth?”

Sheaffer predicted it would be “hard if not impossible” for Anthony to rehabilitate her image because she remains “the most hated woman in the United States” a year after her acquittal.

Read more: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/casey-anthony-lawson-lamar-defends-seeking-death-penalty.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty  Empty Re: Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty

Post by Snaz Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Jeff Ashton saw likelihood of death penalty as ‘extremely thin’

June, 24 2012 2:33 PM

State attorney candidates Jeff Ashton and Lawson Lamar in Sunday TV appearances defended seeking the death penalty against Casey Anthony.

“As far as the charge goes of first-degree murder, I believe that is what she did. I believe that she deliberately murdered her child, so I think that the charge was appropriate,” Ashton told ”Political Connections” on Central Florida News 13. “I believe that Lawson lawfully sought the death penalty. I believe that, under review of the evidence, that aggravating circumstances were there. So I do not criticize him on a legal basis for making that decision.”

Read more: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/casey-anthony-jeff-ashton-saw-likelihood-of-death-penalty-as-extremely-thin.html
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty  Empty Re: Lawson Lamar defends seeking death penalty

Post by glazier Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 am

You would be hard pressed to find a more vehement
supporter of the Death Penalty than me.
That being said I now think the Evil One would be in
Prison right now had they not sought it.

Of course this is all in hindsight, at the time I was all
for it. I just think they would have gotten a much better
Jury, and the Trial would have been much sooner had they
not put the DP back on the table.

I beleive some strong anti-DP people lied during Jury
selection, weasled their way on the Jury, and were bound
and dtermined to Vote NG at all costs,in order to make a statement.
I also think these few (2 or 3) influenced the weaker Jury
members.

Of course this pure speculation and can never be proved.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

I agree, glazier..... I never believed they would get the death penalty.... but I never DREAMED she would get off completely. I'm still stunned a year later over that verdict.
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down