Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty

Go down

Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty Empty Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty

Post by eva Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty

OTTAWA - Non-governmental groups keeping an eye on the global arms trade say Canada needs to speak out more forcefully to prevent weapons from ending up in the hands of terrorists or human-rights abusers.

Amnesty International, Oxfam Canada and others say Canada has fairly high standards for the control of arms, but has not been vocal in urging others to follow suit.

Now, with a fresh round of UN negotiations on an arms-control treaty about to begin next week in New York, they want a clear statement from Stephen Harper, and Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird to attend the talks.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/19210534.xml&CatID=National
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty Empty Re: Canada urged to negotiate for stiffer global arms control treaty

Post by eva Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 pm

At different times I've heard different people say that 911 was an American problem.

As a Canadian please allow me to assure you 911 is a world wide problem.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down