Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative

+3
Marica
Dis
Alessandra_Deux
7 posters

Go down

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Empty Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Mayor Bloomberg's infant formula plan aimed at promoting breast-feeding in NYC hospitals

July 30, 2012 10:02 AM

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Bloomberg_ctm_061312_244x183
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg

(CBS/AP) First he took on big servings of soda. Next on Mayor Michael Bloomberg's agenda is infant formula.

Going into effect on September 3, New York City's mayor will implement his voluntary Latch On NYC initiative in which infant formula will be kept locked away at hospitals to encourage breast-feeding for new mothers.

Under the new program, reported by the New York Post, mothers who insist on bottle-feeding will still be able to do so, but nurses would have to sign out the baby formula, which would always be on hand for mothers who have difficulty breast-feeding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57482086-10391704/mayor-bloombergs-infant-formula-plan-aimed-at-promoting-breast-feeding-in-nyc-hospitals/

_______

Report: Massachusetts birth hospitals ditch free infant formula gift bags

July 13, 2012 10:17 AM

(CBS/AP) Massachusetts maternity hospitals will no longer offer infant formula gift bags to new moms, according to a new report.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57471821-10391704/report-massachusetts-birth-hospitals-ditch-free-infant-formula-gift-bags/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

_______

Breast-Feeding State by State: Who's #1?

Doctors say breast milk is best, and the World Health Organization says babies should be fed exclusively with breast milk for six months. But long-term breast-feeding is more popular in some parts of the country than in others. Here's a state-by-state rundown, based on data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10006305.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Empty Re: Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Kara Spak: N.Y. Mayor Bloomberg is wrong on breast-feeding

COMMENTARY BY KARA SPAK July 30, 2012 7:44PM

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/14098204-452/kara-spak-ny-mayor-bloomberg-is-wrong-on-breast-feeding.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Empty Re: Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Mike Bloomberg's Nanny-State Tackles Breast Feeding; Mayor Plans To Hide Baby Formula

By James King Mon., Jul. 30 2012 at 8:53 AM Categories: Michael Bloomberg, Nanny-State Of Mind

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/mike_bloombergs_12.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 pm

This is stupid, women will if they want and won't if they don't. I would want my mayor to be concentrating on more important matters. I'm so disgusted I'm gonna go get a big gulp. Thankfully it's still legal to sell those where I live. drunken

Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 am

Insanity! Flat out insanity! Wonder how the people who elected this idiot feel about their choice now.
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:20 am

As I sit here drinking my 12th can of soda for the day, not really, LOL I'm wondering if he has breast envy.

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Image00231

btw, he better hide that key really well!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:35 am

Wonder if this guy thinks forcing Moms to breast feed will make better Mothers or what? Is this an effort to keep Moms' at home with their babies... WHAT is behind his thinking?
Marica
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 am

What about the moms that work, and the dads are out of jobs. Does he expect them to quit work so they can breast feed the baby, but who will feed the rest of the family?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 am

Well, there are some women I would prefer did not breast feed: Alcoholics, druggies, those with certain diseases.
Should these women be punished because they do NOT breast feed?

I hate it with men, who know NOTHING of being a woman, decide to legislate morality for women. Right.

IF you can't legislate morality, how can you adjudicate it?

Last edited by Freckles on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp error)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 am

Let's think of a new law for men. :)
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 am

Men aren't allowed to look at, touch, or even THINK about breasts, until they're all done breastfeeding. Cool
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:21 am

Julie wrote:Men aren't allowed to look at, touch, or even THINK about breasts, until they're all done breastfeeding. Cool

That was already a rule in our house. heh heh Remember when you would sneak off to the store just to get out of the house postpartum? Do you also remember hearing a baby cry and feeling the leak? Good Times! Laughing
Bloommers better watch out, boobs have a mind of their own, they may all dry up out of protest. Very Happy
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 am

Talking about this the other day.
Any woman who has given birth, when she hears a baby cry, she automatically goes into the protective mode.Even when she knows her babies are all flown from the nest! Instincts are so strong.

Laws for men. Hmm. Only permitted to watch TV when his chores are done? Ha-ha-ha! (I should've married a honey-do!)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:02 am

Dis wrote:
Julie wrote:Men aren't allowed to look at, touch, or even THINK about breasts, until they're all done breastfeeding. Cool

That was already a rule in our house. heh heh Remember when you would sneak off to the store just to get out of the house postpartum? Do you also remember hearing a baby cry and feeling the leak? Good Times! Laughing
Bloommers better watch out, boobs have a mind of their own, they may all dry up out of protest. Very Happy

Laughing
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 am

Freckles wrote:Talking about this the other day.
Any woman who has given birth, when she hears a baby cry, she automatically goes into the protective mode.Even when she knows her babies are all flown from the nest! Instincts are so strong.

Laws for men. Hmm. Only permitted to watch TV when his chores are done? Ha-ha-ha! (I should've married a honey-do!)

Cool Good one!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

I thought of this after I went to bed, but it was 2:30am. I figured hubby might notice if I got back up and went back to the computer, LOL.

Failure to comply with the above law will result in a Three Stooges eyepoke Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative 1702377-poke_eye_three_stooges_thumb, a hammer to the hand Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Therapy_hand_being_hit_by_hammer_1_1024x768_tn or electric shock therapy Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative 86558 .

hehehe
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 pm

What about all the mothers who are druggies?

As much as I don't like the idea of some skank that uses while they are pregnant, they are out there.

Weither you breast feed or bottle feed, it is a WOMAN'S CHOICE, not the damn MAYOR'S.

This guy needs to get it together.

I breast fed 8 (yes, eight) children. And no, I don't have two fried eggs hanging on a nail.

The decision, although unpopular at the time, bottle feeding was the way to go, was mine and mine alone.

I had friends in La Leche League who assisted and supported me.

The crap they pull now a days with women who want to feed their babies in public, they need to address these issues as well. Hmmm, make nursing stations in malls...more money.

Yeah ok~

There's always an agenda!

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Calypso wrote:What about all the mothers who are druggies?

As much as I don't like the idea of some skank that uses while they are pregnant, they are out there.

Weither you breast feed or bottle feed, it is a WOMAN'S CHOICE, not the damn MAYOR'S.

This guy needs to get it together.

I breast fed 8 (yes, eight) children. And no, I don't have two fried eggs hanging on a nail.

The decision, although unpopular at the time, bottle feeding was the way to go, was mine and mine alone.

I had friends in La Leche League who assisted and supported me.

The crap they pull now a days with women who want to feed their babies in public, they need to address these issues as well. Hmmm, make nursing stations in malls...more money.

Yeah ok~

There's always an agenda!

I think women should feed their babies wherever they want. Personally I never fed my child in public when they were newborns. I stayed home. I just can't get my head around the Mayor of one of the biggist cities in the US wasting time and no doubt expense to come up with something that as far as I know is already done. I was encouraged with all three of my babies to BF. Do they push formula in the hospital? Is this some kind of conspiracy that the formula companies have been perpetrating to sell more formula? I wouldn't be surprised but it's not my experience with anyone I know that the hospital pushed bottle over breast. Somebody check his coffee.. drunken
Dis
Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 pm

I think until he grows one, he has no say so.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Even if he did grow one, he shouldn't have any say.

Let him be held to the same standard as he wants to hold everyone else to.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Napoleanic_Mike
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 pm

After big soda ban, NYC's Mayor Bloomberg wants to hide cigarettes

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/18/17358772-after-big-soda-ban-nycs-mayor-bloomberg-wants-to-hide-cigarettes?lite

---------------

I think grocery stores should hide the hot dogs and wieneys, because "some" people see them and start thinking like one.

Mayor Bloomberg's Breast-Feeding Initiative Eyeroll
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down