Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth

2 posters

Go down

Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth Empty Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth

Post by eva Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 am

Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth, hits 1,342 km/h on descent, lands safely in New Mexico

ROSWELL, N.M. — Austrian extreme skydiver Felix Baumgartner has become the only human being to break the sound barrier outside of an airplane after skydiving from 38 km above the earth.

After much anticipation and several scrapped attempts, Baumgartner landed safely in New Mexico slightly at about 2:20 p.m. ET Sunday.

“We live to conquer fears and pursue dreams, may our attempts and accomplishments progress humankind,” Baumgartner said via Twitter after landing.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/14/felix-baumgartner-red-bull-stratos-skydive-2012/
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth Empty Re: Felix Baumgartner jumps out of capsule 38 km above Earth

Post by Freckles Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 am

This was WAY too awesome to watch!!! Saw it on my computer. While a space shuttle is winding its way through the streets of Los Angeles, here is a man jumping from over 25,000 miles, free falling for over 3 minutes, breaking the sound barrier, and living to tell about it! (I worried of oxygen deprivation and whether his landing would be safe, ie, if his legs would have sufficient oxygen to stand him. His responses, prior to his jumping, seemed to be disorientated.)

He is a crazy fool but men have climbed mountains just because. This info, from his jump, will be very useful if an astronaut ever needs to return to Mother Earth due to a malfunction in his craft.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down