Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toronto Police Shoot Teen Dead

2 posters

Go down

Toronto Police Shoot Teen Dead Empty Toronto Police Shoot Teen Dead

Post by eva Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 pm

eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Toronto Police Shoot Teen Dead Empty Re: Toronto Police Shoot Teen Dead

Post by justanopinion Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Eva I had just watched this... I cannot fathom how this can get swept under the carpet... but I know SIU will somehow make this go away... sorry no faith in our system. How there needed to be all those shots to disarm a person with a knife is beyond my comprehension.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:30 pm

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-s-police-chief-on-streetcar-shooting-i-am-also-seeking-answers-1.1388173
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 pm

justanopinion, the police shot him 9 times then they tazered him.

The video makes me feel sick.
eva
eva

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:36 am

Eva the video is sickening. In my mind there was no reason for that to have happened. He was contained. 

The rush to shoot was unsubstantiated!! JMO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 pm

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/07/29/sammy_yatim_latest_in_a_long_line_of_toronto_police_shooting_deaths.html

Sammy Yatim, an 18-year-old shot dead by Toronto police during a confrontation early Saturday morning, is the latest fatality that calls into question police tactics and training.

Unlike some other notable cases, the teen had never shown any signs of mental illness or violence, his family said.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-ombudsman-orders-case-assessment-in-light-of-toronto-police-shooting-1.1391952

The office of Ontario’s ombudsman is evaluating whether or not to launch a full investigation of police use-of-force protocols in light of the death of Sammy Yatim, the knife-wielding 18-year-old who was killed on a Toronto streetcar in a police shooting.
Ombudsman Andre Marin has directed his staff to look at the directions and guidelines provided by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services to the province’s police services for de-escalating situations that could potentially result in the use of force.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-ombudsman-orders-case-assessment-in-light-of-toronto-police-shooting-1.1391952#ixzz2adxv4hex

I don't understand why if the car was empty, the driver did not use the button on the driver side to lock the doors?
I do not understand how the officer involved is given a paid vacation/time off with pay! 
I do not understand how one person with a knife is such a huge threat to the more than half dozen armed and vested police!
I do not understand how if this one person was such a huge threat that only one of the many officers actually shot!
I do not understand why it took so many rounds to disable the person or why the choice was kill and not disarm! 

I more importantly do not understand how I can be expected to stop/obey/follow the instructions when I do not know what will trigger such fear in a PO that would cause them to kill me! Have I been naive to think that PD are my friend/protector? 

Only time will tell if the outcome of the investigation will be truthful which will restore my faith in our system or not!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down