Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake

+2
mimi4all
Snaz
6 posters

Go down

‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake Empty ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake

Post by Snaz Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:41 pm

‘Dead’ baby wakes up for his funeral wake
Boy born 16 weeks premature taken home after being declared dead

updated 3:28 a.m. ET, Mon., Aug 10, 2009

ASUNCION, Paraguay - A baby boy born 16 weeks prematurely was declared dead by doctors at a hospital in Paraguay only to wake up in time for his funeral wake hours later.

Dr. Ernesto Weber, head of pediatric care at the state-run hospital in the capital of Asuncion, said the baby weighed just 500 grams when he was born.

"Initially, the baby didn't move, he practically didn't have any respiratory reflexes, nor did we hear a heartbeat and, as a result, we declared a premature fetus of 24 weeks dead," Weber told Reuters Television.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32355096/ns/world_news-americas/

This is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard!!!!!!
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake Empty Re: ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 pm

I read this this morning you know there was also a case a few years ago where a baby had been born and was dead and the grandparenst and mother and father were saying good bye and teh grandma kept holding teh child and praying and the child became warmer and then began to cry......God is awesome.

Back to top Go down

‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake Empty Re: ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake

Post by mimi4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm

This is unbelievable!
Hits close to home for me. My oldest son was born on Oct 5 and wasn't due until Christmas day. So he was very early and just tipped the scales at 3 pounds. Back then, 34 years ago, they didn't have all the technology they have now, so it was rare when a preemie actually made it. He was a fighter and after two months with tubes and needles everywhere, he gained up to 5 pounds and I got to take him home..finally. Thank God for all the new technology!
This is a miracle!
mimi4all
mimi4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm

mimi4all wrote:This is unbelievable!
Hits close to home for me. My oldest son was born on Oct 5 and wasn't due until Christmas day. So he was very early and just tipped the scales at 3 pounds. Back then, 34 years ago, they didn't have all the technology they have now, so it was rare when a preemie actually made it. He was a fighter and after two months with tubes and needles everywhere, he gained up to 5 pounds and I got to take him home..finally. Thank God for all the new technology!
This is a miracle!

This was definitely a miracle. You know how many times people probably wish a loved one who had just been declared dead would miraculously wake up, and to think it actually happened. The family must be thankful beyond belief.

Mimi, I'm glad your son beat the odds 34 years ago and survived. My four-year-old daughter Kaylee was born two months premature, and I do thank God for all the new technology that gives preemies a very good chance of survival.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Amen to that J4A!

My niece had a preemie too. The technology amazes me.

Believe it or not, I, too was a preemie 40 years ago. Not sure what they did to save me or keep me alive. I just know I was. My mom had to take shots every week to be able to carry me. Turns out the injections she received to carry me were also deemed dangerous and banned. That's probably what is wrong with me. LOL!
My mom passed away and I can't ask her the details anymore. Yes, I forgot. I told you all, I really do have the worst memory of ANYONE you will ever meet. Short term and long term.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Justice4all wrote:
This is a miracle!

This was definitely a miracle. You know how many times people probably wish a loved one who had just been declared dead would miraculously wake up, and to think it actually happened. The family must be thankful beyond belief.

Mimi, I'm glad your son beat the odds 34 years ago and survived. My four-year-old daughter Kaylee was born two months premature, and I do thank God for all the new technology that gives preemies a very good chance of survival.
Hi, J4A! hug I truly believe in miracles, and most definitely this was one. I'm glad that your Kaylee is doing fine now. mimi4all, I'm glad that your son beat the odds too. its a beautiful thin ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake 541830 ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake 19983 ‘Dead’ Baby Wakes Up For His Funeral Wake 585626
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:45 am

Justice4all wrote:
This is a miracle!

Yes thank God technology has come as far as it has for these premmies ! Between 1965 and 1970 I had 3 premmies that died for only one reason........ lack of technology. Today they would have survived with the newer advancements that have been made.

The first baby I had was taken from me and I was told it was born dead. I had asked for and been given some time with the baby after it was born before the Nurse took him to the Hospital Lab ( morgue ). I had signed legal papers for the hospital to use my childs body for research. This baby was born around 6 p.m. Around or shortly after midnight that night a Nurse came and told me that the baby hadn't been dead when I delivered so I needed to call a Funeral Home to make arrangements to have the baby picked up. And I signed more papers ( was young and ignorant.... note they supposedly didn't know this until midnight, after my Mother and husband were gone and I was alone ). To this day I really wonder if I buried "my" child and not some elses. Or was my child really alive and just put into a cold, holding room and left that lonf til someone noticed the baby was alive ? Haunting questions..........

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:21 pm

My son was born in 1967 @ 26 weeks. They did not weigh him at birth, just estimated his weight @ 2 pounds 9 oz. A few days later, since he had survived, they transferred him to the Baptist hospital in Winston Salem, about 70 miles from where I lived. He was in a 'rocking' machine in the incubator, that dropped his head real hard every 30 seconds, causing him to take a breathe. He weighed 1 pound 8 oz when he was 1 week old. He had no hair, no eye brows or eye lashes and his skin was so thin you could see all the veins in his body. We was born on April 10, and came home from hospital on Aug. 28th, weighing only 5 pounds 1/2 oz. He could only be fed 1 ounce of formula every hour. I did this for about 2 weeks, then I started feeding him till he wouldn't fed any more, and let him sleep till he was ready to eat again. That way, I actually got to sleep a little. I carried him on a pillow because he stayed curled up in a tight ball and I was afraid of dropping him.

He spent so much time in the incubator, his feet turned out so badly, when he was 1 year old, we had to put him in Dennis Walker Night Sticks to sleep at night. He only weighed 12 pounds at 1 year old. Now, they don't allow babies to lie on their stomachs, but in 1967 that is how they wanted them to lie, so they would not choke.

OMG, how things have changed in 40 years.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:56 am

Lord haven't they C4C !!!!! Mine all weighed over 2 pounds and most surely would have lived given todays knowledge and technology. ( born between 71/2 to 8/12 months )

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh Sunni, I am so sorry for your lost. No mother wants to lose a child, even a newborn. I think that seems so much sadder, as carrying a child, you get attached to them and you love them just as much before birth as you do afterwards. But to lose 3 babies, that is heartbreaking. Do you have any children? My heart goes out to you.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down