Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case

4 posters

Go down

Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case Empty Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-defense-motions-091709,0,3657298.story

Casey Anthony's defense team asked that the murder case against her be dismissed because the state prevented her attorneys and their experts from properly inspecting the scene where her daughter's remains were found, according to court documents filed late Thursday.

In addition, Anthony's lawyers asked Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to stop the Orange County Jail from videotaping her visits with them and with her family.

Several videotapes of Anthony's jailhouse meetings with family members were released to the media last year under Florida's public records laws.

The requests were among a slew of defense motions Thursday.

Continued at link above.

Although this is not really a shocker to file a motion to dismiss charges, what is a shock, is that they are asking that all videotaping of visits with KC cease. Are you kidding me? Who the hail do these people think they are?
Mad
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case Empty Re: Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 am

Here are a couple of things that I really had an issue with in that article above on the sentinel. All of these quotes and the information referenced are taken from the Orlando Sentinel. Great Article!

This one below is such a joke. Baez is stating because they didn't get to see the crime scene BEFORE the investigators, etc., removed the remains and evidence, they are at a disadvantage. Um, Baez, you've been a lawyer long enough to know, that MOST times, a person isn't even in custody or known until AFTER a crime scene has been processed. Just because LE KNEW before they found Caylee's body, who had killed her, shouldn't give you any special treatment. Give me a break and STHU!

Quote from Baez from the above article:

"Without access to crime scene before the state removed the remains and topsoil, Miss Anthony was unable to gather evidence regarding the precise arrangement of the remains and the surrounding landscape," attorneys Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon wrote in the motion. "Without this evidence, defense experts cannot effectively examine or challenge the conclusions made by state experts."

This one below REALLY burns my azz!

Her defense team argues that she needs her family support and releasing videos of their meetings could be an attempt to punish her and it hinders her trial preparation.

Poor KC needs her family support. So, please stop taping her. If Judge Strickland caters to this, I will be pizzed beyond belief! Caylee needed family too! She needs to BE ALIVE! She needed a family to PROTECT her. If I hear one more time, how KC feels and what KC needs, I think my head is going to explode. I don't really give a rat's ass, what she needs, or wants; PERIOD! I want her to go to prison and then be put to death! I am more certain of this than ever!

And finally: I want to see these filings. I am going to go look for them.

-- The defense agreed to the state's request for a transcript of George Anthony's grand jury testimony. He testified before his daughter was indicted for murder.

-- Her attorneys also filed a response to prosecutors' request for evidence supporting a defense claim that someone other than Casey Anthony placed Caylee's body in the woods. Anthony's attorneys wrote that their claim was based on documents, pictures and video provided by the state.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case Empty Re: Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 am

Here are links to the filed motions by the defense

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972622/detail.html
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972634/detail.html
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972702/detail.html
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972696/detail.html
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972653/detail.html

Last edited by Tracey6434 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added last motion)
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

As for the defense asking that poor, innocent KC not be chained around the waist, SHUT UP! Murderers are dangerous Baez! Your client is about to be a convicted murderer! You should be glad she's chained too, if you say she needs the jail to be cautious of her emotional well being, you never know when she's gonna lose it. LOL!

On the motion wanting the jail to not tape and release her conversations and visits with her family. Does anyone know the rules and laws on this? How does it look according to the law, Judge S, may rule on this? Or if someone can refer me where I can look, I'll go review and report back. Thanks!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:50 am

Motion to dismiss the murder charge, that's just downright laughable. And his reason, even more ridiculous!
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:29 am

AJ wrote:
"I suspect a change of venue will be granted, and thats ok..It wont matter where they go....31 DAYS???????"

I didn't know how to just pull a certain part from the post and quote you, AJ. So, I just did it manually myself. lol

I just LOVED this part of your post. It's because THIS is exactly what I would keep coming back too, if I were a juror. How do you ever get past her not reporting it to ANYONE for 31 days AND her behavior during those 31 days? YOU DON'T, IMO!

I just have a hard time believing that MN had any involvement or "knew". I think he's just a smart man and being close to all of them during the time he was, he saw and heard a lot. I think he just figured it all out. Just as anyone who has seen the discovery outside of their house did. He just had an up close and personal view and knew he could NOT stay involved with these people. I don't think he wanted to ruin his entire career sticking his neck out anymore for these liars.

I guess we will just have to wait and see though. I could be totally wrong on this. Nothing would shock me, that's for sure.
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:24 am

Piper wrote:Motion to dismiss the murder charge, that's just downright laughable. And his reason, even more ridiculous!
Hi, Piper! hug Two words that accurately describe Jose Baez are laughable & ridiculous. There are others, but, the list is too long. sucker Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case 540129
Booklover
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Prosecutors want to question witnesses in Casey Anthony case
Prosecutors want Casey Anthony's lawyers to prove how the state prevented them from inspecting the scene where Caylee's remains were found.

Sarah Lundy Sentinel Staff Writer
2:21 p.m. EDT, September 22, 2009

Prosecutors want Casey Anthony's defense team to prove how the state prevented them and their experts from properly inspecting the scene where her daughter's remains were found, according to records filed in court today.

Assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton wrote a five-page response to the defense's request last week to dismiss the case because of issues with access to the crime scene. The defense claims its experts couldn't examine the area and the evidence and wouldn't be able to challenge the state's findings.

Snipped from:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-092209,0,1836397.story
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Motion Filed To Challenge Casey Defense Team

Posted: 3:52 pm EDT September 22, 2009
Updated: 4:09 pm EDT September 22, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors are challenging the defense team in the case against Casey Anthony. The prosecution filed a motion Tuesday asking Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, and his team to prove the state kept defense experts from having adequate access to the site where Caylee's remains were found.

The defense wants the case dismissed because of issues with the crime scene.

Casey Anthony could face the death penalty if she's convicted of killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21066700/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down