Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!!

3 posters

Go down

Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!! Empty Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!!

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Judge: Hand Over Anthony Grand Jury Testimony

Posted: 2:54 pm EDT October 6, 2009
Updated: 3:10 pm EDT October 6, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ordered Tuesday that the grand jury testimony George Anthony gave in October 2008 be handed over to state prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony.

Prosecutors wanted a transcript of George Anthony's secret grand jury testimony given on October 14, 2008 that led to the first-degree murder indictment against his daughter Casey.

"... the original of said transcript shall be delivered to the State Attorney," Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order issued Tuesday afternoon.

George, a former detective, told investigators he recognized the unmistakable odor of a dead body in the trunk of Casey's car when he picked it up at a wrecker service.

Prosecutors presented the grand jury case and George is working with the defense team, so both sides likely already know a lot about the testimony, which is supposed to be secret.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21218784/detail.html

Judge's Order:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21218532/detail.html
Snaz
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!! Empty Re: Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!!

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Prosecutors to get copy of George Anthony's grand jury testimony
George Anthony appeared before a grand jury in October 2008, a day before his daughter, Casey Anthony, was arrested.

Alan Schmadtke, Sentinel Staff Writer
2:41 p.m. EDT, October 6, 2009
Updated 6:43 p.m. EDT, October 6, 2009

Prosecutors will get a copy of what Casey Anthony's father told an Orange County grand jury last year, a judge ruled Tuesday.

The state wanted George Anthony's grand jury testimony so prosecutors could compare it to statements he gave two months ago during questioning under oath.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland granted the state's request and ordered the transcript be delivered to the State Attorney's Office.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December.

The two-year-old went missing in June 2008 but was reported missing a month later.

Her father testified before the grand jury on Oct. 14 last year – hours before his daughter was indicted. The state is seeking the death penalty.

Late Tuesday, Casey Anthony's defense team filed an addendum to its motion to dismiss the first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges against her. The state had called the defense's initial motion "legally flawed."

Her attorneys Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon point out again that Caylee's "cause of death is not known and that the prosecution's evidence cannot satisfy the elements of first-degree murder."

They said their motion is based on law enforcement lab results and the Orange County Medical Examiner and Casey Anthony "cannot legally swear" to their findings.

But Casey Anthony did sign a document, swearing to two statements:

"I did not report my daughter missing until my mother called on July 15, 2008."

"I did tell law enforcement that I had dropped off my child with a person named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez when questioned by law enforcement."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-grand-jury-100609,0,7743670.story

Last edited by Snaz on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated article)
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!! Empty Re: Judge Orders GA's Grand Jury Testimony To Be Handed Over to the State!!

Post by FystyAngel Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:48 pm

This is really good news! Thanks for posting this Snaz! This means that we will get to see it as well. That's awesome news. Now we will know exactly what it was that George said to make them go for murder charges.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:49 pm

No, Fysty, unfortunately, we won't get to see it.... the Judge ordered, that "all of the requirements of the grand jury secrecy ........ shall remain in effect pending further order of this court."

My guess is the only way we will get to know what was in GA's statements to the grand jury will be at trial, and only then what the State decides to use of his testimony.

RATS!
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am

Yes, Snaz, that's how I read it too. We don't get to see it until trial. UGH!

But is it possible we could see it, if/when the SA shares it with the defense? Mr. Ashton said he will share it with the defense. So, maybe, just maybe, Baez would show it or give a copy to Conway and he would have a news conference to tell us how it "helps" KC. LOL!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:10 am

Dang, I was really hoping to see it. I think that GA was probably at least a little more honest in the beginning.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:55 am

Tracey6434 wrote:Yes, Snaz, that's how I read it too. We don't get to see it until trial. UGH!

But is it possible we could see it, if/when the SA shares it with the defense? Mr. Ashton said he will share it with the defense. So, maybe, just maybe, Baez would show it or give a copy to Conway and he would have a news conference to tell us how it "helps" KC. LOL!

Tracey, I think since the Judge has ordered that it remain secret, anyone who releases or "leaks" it would be a fool.... oh wait... maybe JB or BC will have a press conference about it..... Laughing
Snaz
Snaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down