Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!!

+8
FystyAngel
Piper
randilynn
Justice4all
Dis
nostoneunturned
Estee
khintx
12 posters

Go down

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! Empty The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!!

Post by khintx Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

http://www.wftv.com/news/21984104/detail.html
KH
khintx
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! Empty Re: The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!!

Post by khintx Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:19 pm

NO double jeopardy.
NO destroying tapes.
NO tape from Joe Jordan.....
kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I have not seen a ruling on not taping A-family visits... but I am still reading. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! 335778 That didn't take very long now, did it???
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by nostoneunturned Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 pm

what did joe jordan say that need supressed??

nostoneunturned

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey nostone! cool name! The motion said it would be sealed until further order from the court. He seems like another 15 min. of famer!
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 pm

nostoneunturned wrote:what did joe jordan say that need supressed??

Joe Jordan made a call/statement to the defense that was illegally recorded by himself. He made claims about volunteering or Texas Equasearch and (anyone correct me if I am wrong)... NOT seeing Caylee's body where it was ultimately found. I believe the defense meant to use this as corroberating for Faye Wray (another nutbag if you ask me). kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Welcome nostone. I'm not sure what Jordan said. He recorded a telephone conversation between him and one of the members of the defense team without informing them. It is illegal in Florida to tape a conversation without informing both parties and that's why the audio was suppressed. I have read speculation that what Jordan told the defense in that recording may have conflicted with what he has told the prosecution.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 pm

thanks for the link..

judge strickland is FANTABULOUS!!!

i am still waiting with bells on for the DP and the private family visits, i cannot understand why he hasnt yet denied the latter.
randilynn
randilynn

Mood : Bawling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm

I see two more big NO'S coming from Judge Strickland!

I think Joe Jordan and Laura Buchanan searched in that area, but were not disclosed as one of the 32 identified by TES to the State and the defense.

Article from Marinade Dave:

The Defense, through its own independent investigation, has interviewed several TES searchers who not only searched the area where the remains were found, but who were not among the thirty-two (32) identified by TES.

According to the memorandum attached to the motion:

On September 1, 2008, Joe Jordan, a volunteer for TES, along with approximately 30 other TES volunteers went to the Suburban Drive neighborhood to search for Caylee Anthony. Of those 30 volunteers, approximately five or six, along with Joe Jordan, searched the area near the wooden stockade fence on the south side of 8750 Suburban Drive. Along with Joe Jordan, and the other five or six searchers, were two dog handlers with dogs, Danny Ibison and a Panama City Sheriff’s Deputy. The area they searched was within feet of where Caylee Anthony’s remains were ultimately found. Joe Jordan documented his search in detail forms specifically provided by TES and submitted those forms to TES officials. Joe Jordan’s name was not among the thirty-two (32) searchers identified by TES and none of his reports were disclosed to the defense.

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/say-hello-to-laura-and-joe/
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 am

I thought the family visits motion was part of the video taping of atty/client? Does anyone remember how many motions were heard? I need to get caught up.... Rolling Eyes
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! Empty Judge Denies Motion To Block Taping Casey

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Stan Strickland denied another defense motion in the case against Casey Anthony Thursday. Judge Strickland said that Casey should not get special treatment in the jail.

JUDGE'S ORDER: Denies Video Motion

The defense wanted the jail to stop videotaping Casey whenever she was meeting with her lawyers or with her family, but the jail videotapes every inmate in those situations so the judge denied the motion.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21995958/detail.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! 179695 No reinventing the wheel for the Anthony's! So sad..... Sad .........not! I mean come on, did they really think this would fly? What a waste of the taxpayer's money.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10 pm

judge stickland really seems to have his head on straight.

apparently he realized the pandora's box that would have been opened IF he were to change all jail policy to give special "priviledge" to one inmate.

sorry bozo, you'll just have to find another way to be inappropriately close to your client. not gonna happen in the jail.

has he ruled on the motion to exclude the DP from the punishment phase of the trial? i am sure that one will be denied, as it will also undermind our entire judicial system and prosecutorial descretion. IF (big IF here), he were to grant that motion, i believe that it would preclude the DP being used in ANY Fla case, and i am pretty sure strickland knows that issue has been raised and debated several times not only in Fla, but in the US supreme courts... and if THEY didnt change the laws, i do not think judge strickland will be inclined to do so. JMHO.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Dis wrote:I thought the family visits motion was part of the video taping of atty/client? Does anyone remember how many motions were heard? I need to get caught up.... Rolling Eyes
I believe the death penalty is the only motion that was heard that Judge Strickland hasn't ruled on yet.

randilynn wrote:has he ruled on the motion to exclude the DP from the punishment phase of the trial? i am sure that one will be denied, as it will also undermind our entire judicial system and prosecutorial descretion. IF (big IF here), he were to grant that motion, i believe that it would preclude the DP being used in ANY Fla case, and i am pretty sure strickland knows that issue has been raised and debated several times not only in Fla, but in the US supreme courts... and if THEY didnt change the laws, i do not think judge strickland will be inclined to do so. JMHO.
I agree that this motion will be denied. Strickland probably takes his time before shooting these motions down so it will look like he is being fair to the defense and taking the time to carefully consider their ridiculous motions.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:35 pm

i have often thought that J4a...

what do you think he does in chambers when he is "considering" on of bozo's motions??

i think it is solitaire, well, maybe crossword puzzles.. geek maybe he is an online gamer!!
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

The Judge's Rulings Are In!!!! Empty The State MAY seek the DP! Judge rules!

Post by khintx Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:24 pm

http://www.wftv.com/news/22005565/detail.html
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:45 pm

So there, Miss Lyon....Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!! Bet it's not as good as a Conway...Too bad...and yes you can have some Crow with it...or Wild Turkey if you prefer...Bet cha 2 bits that she is seething and Casey will be too when she hears the decision...Wonder if she will cry??? boohoo, boohoo Crying or Very sad
Estee
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:49 pm

It's on! Jose better start thinkin about a defense! kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 pm

just as i had suspected.

the judge only had to use that lump three feet above his a** for a moment on this one. it is called prosecutorial discretion BOZO, deal with it.

maybe when she gets the news, KC can actually form some REAL tears.

i do not believe for one sec that the jury will sentence her to death, however, i believe that it DEFINATELY should be an option, and the decision of the jury. i see LWOP, coming in KCs future.
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Now that this is cleared up, Bozo can start working on a "real" defense. Though, unless the prosecution has more, KC won't likely get the DP anyway but "Life" is just fine with me.
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Maybe they will all realize this is real, it's not a game, it's going to happen. Nobody is going to wave a magic wand and make it all go away. It's reality check time for Casey and her family. And their lawyers. kh
khintx
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:55 pm

That's right...REALITY aka La Bella Vita for Casey.

The judge found no evidence prosecutors put the death penalty on the table in bad faith or for impermissible reasons.

“While the quantum of evidence sufficient to seek the death penalty will virtually always be an issue, that matter is generally best left for the jury,” Judge Strickland wrote in his ruling.

Bill Sheaffer commented "the judge sensed the defense was asking him to rewrite the law for Casey Anthony and that's not the judge's job."

Justice for Caylee with each and every motion Judge Strickland strikes down from the defense. The defense made complete fools of themselves last Friday.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I'm glad that Casey will have the DP hanging over her head during the trial.
The judge did good... Very Happy
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I think it really is as some have already said. I think Baez has been telling KC some big azz fairy tales about the DP and that it will most likely not be a DP case. So, hopefully NOW, AL will get through to JB that he needs to be straight up with KC and bring into into reality.
I doubt this will happen. However, I think the entire Anthony clan needs a bitch slap into reality and start taking this seriously. Their lies are going to put KC in a solitary cell waiting for a lethal injection.
I understand a lot of people are saying they don't think KC will get the DP. However, I see that as a very real possibility. I listened to Jeff Ashton talk for only 5 minutes and it got me in the gut. Add to that weeks of evidence and more of what he delivered, add MS DB and you can most definitely at least, acknowledge the DP is a very real possibility, because those jurors will be human and have feelings just like we do.
Baez and Co better wake up and get real!
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Casey certainly deserves the death penalty. However, with all the built-in guaranteed delays that can be filed, maybe it is just as well that she gets LWOP. It's a shame that she will have to be protected and won't have to be in with GP. she deserves no special favors, she is a cruel calculating evil POS. My new name for her, more acceptable than some other words I have in mind, is going to be Croc-Ca-Ca-Casey.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Cali,

I know there are a few different schools of thought on KC and the DP.

Some think she won't get it at all.

Some think she will.

But along with that, there are also two different ideas on how one feels KC will do in prison. One thinks she would thrive in GP because of her sociopathic personality. I've heard it said, they do well in prison.

Others say she won't make it long before being attacked or worse.

I, personally, am starting to believe KC WILL get a death sentence. Nothing really, in particular, in my reasoning right now. It's just a feeling I have. But I am certainly glad she has the idea or possibility looming over her every day.

I, also feel the worst punishment for KC would be a solitary confinement type of existence. I know we hear a lot of horror stories about prison. But I just don't know, if I believe KC would be harassed every day. I tend to think she would do well in that environment. We have to remember, the people in prison, in most cases, NOT ALL mind you, think different than normal people. They could very well, listen to KC and believe her lies. Remember too, most people in prison, ALL say they are innocent.

I guess I basically feel this way, by listening to all the people KC fooled in her life. I, mean, she was able to make friends easily and fool all of them into believing she was someone completely different than who she really is. So, will it be all that difficult, after some time, for her to fool a bunch of inmates. I doubt it.
Again, like I said, these are just gut feelings I have at the moment. My feelings have vacillated on this from the beginning until now. So, I will likely change my mind again before this is all over. Who knows. Very Happy
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by randilynn Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:16 am

one thing i like to remind myself, is no matter how smooth talking she is, people in prison HATE baby killers.

especially in a womans' prison, where many have children that they dearly love, but are indefinately separated from them. these woman will not take kindly to a monster that MURDERED her beautiful 2 year old daughter.

IF she is ever placed in GP, i think she will get a firm dose of street justice. with her greater that thou attitude, and likely will ALWAYS feel entitled to special priviledges, the other inmates will not take to kindly to the petite flirtatious BABY KILLER. IMHO!

i wait for that day!!
randilynn
randilynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:34 am

I was wondering if I am really slow here by asking this question. But I am going to ask anyway because I'm confused.

I know there were two motions on the video taping. One to destroy family visitation video and stop releasing them. The other was to stop taping any and all attorney/client taping.
But my question is, from reading the ruling from JS, it appears he will review all the tapes of video between attorney/client and make decisions on whether or not it will be released. And from reading other places, it appears Baez, in some way opened the door to this possibility. WTH???? So, it is possible we will get to see video of KC and her attorney visits at some point? Look, as nosy as I am and would looooveee to see those tapes, doesn't this get dangerously close to creating some serious problems for the right to a fair trial and issues for an appeal upon a conviction? I think JS will be smart and not allow anything that could possibly do that, but I was hoping someone could explain to me a little better what this issue was all about.
Anyone??

JUDGE DENIES OTHER DEFENSE MOTIONS

Judge Stan Strickland denied another defense motion in the case against Casey Anthony Thursday. Judge Strickland said that Casey should not get special treatment in the jail.

JUDGE'S ORDER: Denies Video Motion

The defense wanted the jail to stop videotaping Casey whenever she was meeting with her lawyers or with her family, but the jail videotapes every inmate in those situations so the judge denied the motion. :
Tracey6434
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:25 am

I don't know if I understand the issue any better than you do Tracey. It looks like the judge isn't going to delay the releases of the videos until after the trial, but he will review any scheduled for release to make sure that they don't affect Casey's right to a fair trial. I don't know who determines when they get scheduled for release, but he said there would be minimal delay once they are scheduled if he doesn't find them prejudicial. So it looks like we might see the videos eventually and even see some before the trial.

Do you know what prior video Judge Strickland was referring to that might affect Casey's right to a fair trial? I'm guessing that it's either Casey's reaction to Caylee being found or Baez inappropriately touching Casey.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:54 pm

It must be exquisitely frustrating for Crasey, Bozo, Lyins, Georgie-Girl & the Rabid Doberman (aka Sindy) to not be able to have a private conversation.

How on EARTH can they all corroborate all their crooked lies into one straight story if they can't hunker down in a good ole private football huddle?

How stressful! Especially with the Death Penalty on the table. Georgie-Girl and Sindy didn't teach Crasey any boundaries, that is now in the grasp of the long arm of the law.
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum