Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07

2 posters

Go down

Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07 Empty Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07

Post by Justice4all Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Child abductee: Family’s love got me through
Three years after ordeal ended, Shawn Hornbeck is working to help others

For four and a half years, the boy was tortured, terrorized and sexually abused. And the only thing that he had to cling to was what ultimately saved him — the love of his family.

“What really made me hold on strong was just knowing that my parents will always look for me, just because I’ve always had just one of the best connections a kid could have with his parents,” 18-year-old Shawn Hornbeck told TODAY’s Ann Curry Wednesday from his home in Richwoods, Mo. “With my family, it’s just always been ‘family’s number one.’ We’re always there for each other. It’s just the strength I could feel [from] my family, even though I was so far away.”

Shawn was speaking on the third anniversary of his rescue. The 11-year-old boy who was kidnapped in the fall of 2002 has grown into a handsome and dark-haired 18-year-old. Despite not going to school during his captivity, he has graduated high school a semester ahead of his class, is very big on cars and girls, and is attending community college.

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34838393/ns/today-today_people/

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07 Empty Re: Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 pm

What a nice story to read ... what a great outcome from such a horrendous nightmare...

Sean you are a great example of overcoming any obstacle and succeeding..Bravo

God Bless you Sean, and Ben Ownby!

Back to top Go down

Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07 Empty Re: Shawn Hornbeck -- Found Alive 1/12/07

Post by Dis Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 am

I hope we read the same story about Haliegh some day. Sad

God Bless Shawn and his family, a parents bond with their child is never broken.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down