Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident

+5
amethystmoonlightjewel
pi-girl
Cali
Piper
Justice4all
9 posters

Go down

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident Empty Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident

Post by Justice4all Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Sheriff: Man violently shook child to death after bathroom accident

by Doug Mouton / Eyewitness News
Posted on April 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident 4710ru10

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident 04061010

SLIDELL, La. -- St. Tammany Deputies arrested a 20-year old Mississippi man for the murder of a 22-month old girl he was babysitting at the time.

"It was not simply shaken baby syndrome that killed this child, but a violent attack," said St. Tammany Sheriff Jack Strain on Tuesday.

According to investigators, Rubie Boland's grandmother called 911 Thursday, April 1 to report the baby was unresponsive. The baby's mother had left Rubie with her boyfriend, Andrew Roberts of Kiln, Misssissippi.

An ambulance brought Rubie to the hospital but ultimately, efforts to save the child were not successful. She was declared dead Friday afternoon.

Initially, Roberts told authorities the baby fell off a couch and hit her head, but St. Tammany Coroner Dr. Peter Galvan said Rubie suffered "major trauma that could not have been caused by a fall."

"He was babysitting the child and in his own words was 'having a bad day,'" Sheriff Strain explained. "The child used the bathroom on herself and he basically attacked her at that point, picking her up by the feet and slamming her head against the floor repeatedly."

"That is the really brutal part, the savage part of this death," Dr. Peter Galvan said. "The trauma that this child sustained to the brain structures. The gross anatomical findings support what the Sheriff said, that the baby had trauma to the top of the skull."

Late Monday night, deputies arrested Andrew Roberts and charged him with second-degree murder. Roberts is being held without bond inside the St. Tammany Parish Jail. Sheriff Strain said Roberts eventually confessed to his actions.

"It's almost inconceivable for anyone to believe that one is capable of killing a precious child, and this little girl was truly a precious child," Strain said.

The primary cause of death, according to the St. Tammany Coroner's Office, is blunt force trauma to the head. Dr. Galvan said it was caused by an explosive attack. "I don't think the physical evidence reflects anything else," Galvan said, "other than this violent, brutal and savage attack."

Rubie Boland's family chose not to talk with reporters Tuesday. Her funeral is Thursday in Hickory, just north of Pearl River.

Both Strain and Galvan told reporters, this case should be a warning to all parents to look out for signs of child abuse.

"Unexplained bruises are the number one sign that you can rely upon," Galvan said. "If your child has a bruise, and you don't know how that bruise got there, the burden is on someone to explain that."

"And many times just an observant parent or guardian who's questioning the behavior of a child's sitter, could be enough to prevent it from occurring," Strain said.

Andrew Roberts was not the baby's father. According to detectives, he had been dating the baby's mother for roughly three months. He has no prior record, and police do not believe anyone else was involved in the murder.

This is the second murder in St. Tammany Parish in 2010.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Coroner-rules-death-of-22-month-old-girl-was-a-homicide-89993627.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident Empty Re: Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident

Post by Justice4all Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm

It's another sad case of a mother's boyfriend killing her child. When will it end?
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident Empty Re: Andrew Roberts violently shook 22-month old Rubie Boland to death after bathroom accident

Post by Piper Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:08 am

J4A, it doesn't seem that it will ever end. To pick up a baby and slam their head into a wall or the floor is just beyond comprehension for me. It truly turns my stomach to think about. He's only been with Rubie's Mama for 3 months, I'd go as far to guess this wasn't the first time, it was just the final time. God bless her little heart.
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Another article said there were other marks on this poor babe that were consistent with child abuse.
This little innocent doll-faced babe was only 22-months-old. Today is her funeral, she lies in a tiny coffin, and was killed in a fit of rage because she pooped in her diaper. If this POS had no ability to cope with a dirty diaper, and Rubie had older bruises, why was she left in his care. The POS picked Rubie up by her feet and repeatedly slammed her head onto the floor.
RIP sweet little Rubie. Caylee Marie AngelBabe will be your new friend in heaven. You will have many many little friends there.
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Suspect in toddler's slaying is solemn during jailhouse court hearing

By Benjamin Alexander-Bloch, The Times-Pica...
April 08, 2010, 6:06PM

His head shaking and arched downward, a Mississippi man accused of fatally battering his girlfriend's 22-month-old daughter appeared near tears Thursday afternoon at his jailhouse court hearing in Covington.

Wearing shackles and a black-and-white striped jail jumpsuit, Andrew Roberts, 20, nibbled and sucked on his lips as he stood uncertainly in front of Commissioner Daniel Foil for his 72-hour hearing at the St. Tammany Parish jail. His eyes wet, he timidly answered the questions posed to him.

Foil told Roberts that he faced a charge of second-degree murder, that his $500,000 cash, property or surety bond would stand, and that a public defender would be assigned to represent him.

Roberts, of Kiln, Miss., had been baby-sitting Rubie Boland of the Pearl River area while her mother, Helen Teal, was at work on the evening of April 1. Authorities said he picked the toddler up by the feet, shook her and slammed her head against the floor repeatedly, apparently because he was having a bad day. Rubie was pronounced brain dead and removed from life support the following day.

Roberts had dated Teal for about three months and had baby-sat Rubie on nearly a dozen previous occasions, authorities said. He is not Rubie's biological father, according to authorities.

Roberts was arrested Monday night, and Thursday's hearing was to inform him of the charges against him, officially assign and explain his bond, if any, and ask him if he had acquired an attorney or whether he would like the public defender's office to represent him.

Asked if he'd retained an attorney, Roberts said, "I'm trying to work on that." Asked if he'd like a public defender, Roberts responded, "Yes, sir."

The commissioner explained to Roberts the intricacies of his bond - how cash means all cash, property means real estate with no mortgage and surety basically means a bail bondsmen who would require a 12-percent all cash payment. Then, a sheriff's deputy asked Roberts for his mothers name, or someone they could contact.

Roberts stumbled over his mother's name and also gave the name of another woman they could try, both responses with hurried urgency. Then, Bruce Stacklin, an investigator with the St. Tammany public defender's office, took Roberts aside and explained the public defender's office, and how he would return to talk with Roberts in more detail.

Stacklin said that as a matter of course, the public defender's office likely would appeal Roberts' bond, asking for a reduction.

During a news conference Tuesday, Sheriff Jack Strain said that Rubie had "used the bathroom on herself" and that Roberts had basically snapped. Strain said Roberts had explained "in his own words," that he was simply "having a bad day."

Doctors at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in Jefferson later found injuries to Rubie's brain and retina as well as bruising on the top of her head and on her feet, indicating "cruel and unusual trauma," according to St. Tammany Coroner Peter Galvan. Then over the weekend, the coroner's office concurred, finding severe brain injuries and bruising consistent with shaken baby syndrome, and ruled the death a homicide.

On April 1, Roberts had told deputies that Rubie had fallen off the couch and onto the floor. After the autopsy was performed, he was brought in for further questioning and admitted to violently shaking the child, authorities said.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/04/suspect_is_toddler_slaying_is.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Father of murdered toddler says suspect should face death

by Doug Mouton / Northshore Bureau Chief
Updated yesterday at 6:48 PM

SLIDELL, La. - The father of a murdered toddler said Friday, he wants the man accused of his daughter's death to face the death penalty.

"She was an angel," Scott Boland said of 22-month old Rubie Boland. "(She) never gave us any problems at all."

Boland lived with Rubie's mother, Helen Teal, in her home near Hickory, from the time Rubie was born until December of 2009, when they broke up.

Three months ago, according to St. Tammany Sheriff's investigators, Helen Teal began seeing 20-year old Andrew Roberts of Kiln, Mississippi. Roberts is charged with the toddler’s murder after police say he confessed to slamming the child’s head into the ground several times.

Scott Boland said, he met Roberts twice, "I was uncomfortable as soon as I saw him. That vibe that you get when you meet somebody for the first time, and you just know, that's he's no good. I got that vibe."

Roberts babysat Rubie Thursday, April 1.

According to investigators, Rubie Boland's grandmother called 911 that afternoon to report the baby was unresponsive.

An ambulance brought Rubie to the hospital but ultimately, efforts to save the child were not successful. She was declared dead Friday afternoon.

Initially, Roberts told authorities the baby fell off a couch and hit her head, but St. Tammany Coroner Dr. Peter Galvan said Tuesday, Rubie suffered "major trauma that could not have been caused by a fall."

“He was babysitting the child and in his own words was 'having a bad day'," Sheriff Strain explained. "The child used the bathroom on herself and he basically attacked her at that point, picking her up by the feet and slamming her head against the floor repeatedly."

"There's no excuse to pick up a 22-month old child that's not even yours by your feet and brutally attack her, shaking her upside down by her feet and slamming her head into the ground," Boland said Friday. "That's not human. That's an animal."

For now, Roberts is charged with 2nd Degree Murder. "I want to see him get pushed for 1st Degree Murder, not 2nd Degree," Boland said.

Roberts remains inside the St. Tammany Parish Jail Friday evening. His bond is set for $500,000. "I don't think there should be a bond at all," Boland said.

"It's sad and it's tragic that this has happened to us and our family," Boland added. "There's no way someone like this should be able to walk the streets of earth again."

Boland wants a first-degree murder charge against Roberts because that would eliminate his bond, and qualify him for the death penalty. "For him to not have the death penalty, is not justice," Boland said.

Boland complimented the St. Tammany Sheriff's Department for solving the case quickly, and he hopes Rubie's story serves as a warning to all parents, to be careful who you allow to watch your children. "It's just sad and tragic," Boland said.
"And what he did to my daughter, it should be very inexcusable by God, by law, and he should burn for it. I think a death sentence is too light for him."

St. Tammany detectives said Tuesday, they believe Roberts acted alone, and no one else is suspected of wrongdoing in this case.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshore/Father-of-murdered-toddler-says-suspect-should-face-death-90409859.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:54 pm

What a total loser. This beautiful child tragically lost her life because she needed a diaper change? Maybe while in prison he should not have access to a bathroom. Maybe his clothing should be chained to him or his hands chained over his head so he can't do anything except soil himself. Over and over and over. Then someone should beat him until he dies. Very slowly.
pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:05 am

I agree pi-girl, it hurts my heart to look into these murdered babies eyes. These are not men, they are savage beasts that deserve no mercy.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:56 pm

leave my brother alone if you want to blame some one blame the stupid mother for lieing ok!!!!!! she told my brother to say that so she didnt have to go to jail beacuse "omg im pregnant you dont want your child born in jail do you *puppy dog eyes*"
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm

If he didn't do this, as he has already confessed to doing, then he is dumber than I thought! No woman, that I had only known for 3 months, would get an intelligent man to take the blame for such a horrendous death.

By the way, it has now been over 8 months since Rubie was murdered, so 'mom' should have delivered her new baby by now. If 'bro' really didn't do this, it is time to speak up and tell the truth, but I don't think any man would sit in jail for over 8 months if he were innocent.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:40 pm

He confessed to battering this child to death. Doesn't sound like the confession was forced, either. He said in his own words he had a bad day.............
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks Piper for responding to this thread. I was beginning to think no one was going to comment because of what I had said. I still do not think a man would sit in jail for such a horrendous crime if he really had not done the deed. I think 'sis' is blind to the truth because she doesn't want to think her brother would do such a thing.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:49 pm

amethystmoonlightjewel wrote:leave my brother alone if you want to blame some one blame the stupid mother for lieing ok!!!!!! she told my brother to say that so she didnt have to go to jail beacuse "omg im pregnant you dont want your child born in jail do you *puppy dog eyes*"
There is no way any normal man would take a fall for a girlfriend who murdered her child. It doesn't make any sense. You want us to believe that your brother would sit in jail for a crime he didn't commit, and that he would allow his unborn child to be raised by a woman who already killed one of her children.

Tell your brother he better come up with a more believable defense.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:55 pm

ok how about this info... my brothers right hand is paralized ,since he was a kid he could not have picked up ruby by the ankles and shake her. the father had a report filed against him telling him he better stay way from the child.ruby had bruises from before helen meet andrew... ruby called my brother dada the mother,on the other hand was on coke.

Last edited by amethystmoonlightjewel on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

and if you heard anything about his confession you should know he was beatin by the police. and the police officer in charge made my brother say that. He was put in the hospital. thanks to the ppl who are ment to "protect"us beats a man. my brother went to the bathroom ok he put 22 month old ruby on the couch wich the floor is made of nothing but stone. ruby falls off the back of the coach and hits her head. my brother brought her to the grandmothers house and left to go get the girlfriend.

Last edited by amethystmoonlightjewel on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:04 pm

plus what about the women who killed her child because he enteruted her from her game . she killed him by hitting him over the head repeatedly with a computer. mother do crap like that because their on drugs. helen was on freaking coke for crying out loud!!!!!
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

amethystmoonlightjewel wrote:plus what about the women who killed her child because he enteruted her from her game . she killed him by hitting him over the head repeatedly with a computer. mother do crap like that because their on drugs. helen was on freaking coke for crying out loud!!!!!

First of all, we aren't discussing this case. We are discussing Rubie's murder by your brother. You keep saying the mom was on coke, well what kind of drugs was your brother on, probably coke too? He had to have been doing drugs to sit in jail all this time while the mom walks free.

"druggies live with druggies"!
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

my brother was on no drugs he was a happy go free guy he loves his siblings he helps kids he doesnt kill them oh and yeah i would now if my brother was on coke.
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

I guess we will just wait for the trial and let the jury decide. Is he not getting tired of sitting in the jail while mommy dearest is free, to raise his child?
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

he is and hes scared he tells me every day and said ruby was his life he loved her like she was his daughter he would have protected her with his life he would have died for her that's the way he is. that's how i know he didn't kill her...i would die if they sentence him for a crime he did not commit
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by k1217 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Apparentlly u werent at the hospital nor did u talk to the doctors that examaned her like i did. i was there and talked directly to the doctors and made sure i understood what happened. and clearly stated by multiple doctors there was no way in hell a coffee table could do the damage done to this poor little girl there was NO doubt in their mind about that. and of course now u kno helen wasnt ever prego and never had a kid in the past year and she wasnt even home to do anything to rubie .. i understand wanting to protect ur bro but ur full of shit and the cops wernt the ones who beat him it was other inmates and he deserved it

k1217

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome to RC K1217. Thanks for your comments above, and I am glad we have someone on this site that knows the truth of what happened to this precious child.

Keep us updated as much as you can.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

Hi k1217, I agree with Sitemama. There are no excuses for the death of this beautiful little girl. Sounds like he just doesn't want his family to believe he's a monster, so he's a liar and baby killer.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by amethystmoonlightjewel Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm

i never said anything about a coffee table. how would you know she "hit the coffee table and fell on the floor." why would the grandmother let rubies father live on their property after he was suppose to be away from them by 500 yards. the father said he had a bad vibe one look at the father several ppl had a bad vibe by the look of him. he loved his daughter why did he use to beat on her then tell me that i'm full of shit then what are y'all daises and roses. i think that's bull f*****g shit. i'm not taking up for my brother but i'm speaking the truth no body who has a paralyzed hand could lift a heavy baby and repeatedly pound the babies head on the floor. he was badly hurt boor hunting, thank you dumb-asses. I ts scientifically proven no one can do that to a child with a paralyzed hand. No attorney has brought that up in a court if they did then he wouldn't be there. they said perfect hand marks on both ankles no one can do that with a f****d up hand. Suspect
amethystmoonlightjewel
amethystmoonlightjewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

Omg she's back! Why was Roberts found guilty of second degree murder on Aug. 17, 2011????

Have you not read the newspaper. It's all in there.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:00 pm

amethystmoonlightjewel wrote:i never said anything about a coffee table. how would you know she "hit the coffee table and fell on the floor." why would the grandmother let rubies father live on their property after he was suppose to be away from them by 500 yards. the father said he had a bad vibe one look at the father several ppl had a bad vibe by the look of him. he loved his daughter why did he use to beat on her then tell me that i'm full of shit then what are y'all daises and roses. i think that's bull f*****g shit. i'm not taking up for my brother but i'm speaking the truth no body who has a paralyzed hand could lift a heavy baby and repeatedly pound the babies head on the floor. he was badly hurt boor hunting, thank you dumb-asses. I ts scientifically proven no one can do that to a child with a paralyzed hand. No attorney has brought that up in a court if they did then he wouldn't be there. they said perfect hand marks on both ankles no one can do that with a f****d up hand. Suspect

Please respect the other members as well as RC. If you must use the "F" word...use *** instead. Vulgar language will not be tolerated.

~Fysty~
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Since the suspect was convicted, moving this topic from Developing Stories to Closed.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down